Author Topic: Beauty Can Be Brutal (Piper/Open) (Read 379 times)
Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Beauty Can Be Brutal (Piper/Open)
« Nov 23, 2015 15:33:22 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel's fangs grew as he turned and snarled at the stranger a warning for him to let go and back off.

"Why does NO ONE here realize how you're suppose to treat this?!"

Angel roared.

"Nobody is going to help her by being soft and letting her do whatever she wants! That's how people die! If she can't kill someone she will turn that hate on herself so we need to make sure NONE of that happens. Aaron is too fucking stupid and lenient and will try to do what's best and will only make everything worse! And you're no better! If she kills you she goes to the vault if she can't she'll take out that anger on someone weaker or herself do you really want that to happen?!"

Then he would turn to Piper.

"We need to leave. Now. Let me help you deal with this. I am your podmate, your team mate, your friend. Your BROTHER. Let me help you."

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

I'm back. Too bad for you.

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:33:35 GMT -6 »

(Well, people seemed to want him to show up more...)

"Nobody's killing anyone."

So, one of his rare days back at the Academy, not off on some distant field ruining people for the greater good, and what did he find when he stopped by Tutorial for a bit of a morning workout? A spar that looked to be seriously out of hand. Bad blood? Things just getting overexcited? Tough talk with no ill intent?

No matter. One of their arms was shattered, and the girl held that weapon, held herself, like she meant every word. After he spoke, a little telekinetic nudge would move the boy with the ruined arm out of harm's way as Martin stepped properly into the room, raising a "wall" of telekinetic force between the big guy and the girl with the staff.

"I'd say you three have made enough of a mess, whatever's going on here."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:38:22 GMT -6 via mobile »

She let him talk, but brilliant grey eyes remained focused on Ken. He had just given her permission to kill him. Was he stupid? Suicidal? She was ready to grant him his wish, if that is what he wanted.

Still, it seemed like everyone else was convinced that it was a bad idea (and it really, really was), and seemed to be prepared to stop her. Why? Why did anybody care?

Silently, she remained perched on her toes, prepared to go after BK again if given the opportunity.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:39:31 GMT -6 »

Ken would roll a shoulder.

"Nah, I understand just fine. She likes taking her problems out on people. Kuz she's obviously either been taught that beating up on weaker people is the thing to do when she can't handle problems on her own, or she's been on the end of those beatings and it's all she knows."

Ken wasn't afraid of claws and fangs, though his brow came down and he watched Angel warily as well.

"I'd rather she know that I'm not scared, or weak. And that if she gets the urge, she can always come to me because I can take it. I'm used to taking it. I'm willing to take it- not because I'm a masochist, but because I'm unwilling to let some shit like you become her target, to die at her hands. You won't always be around to protect her, boy."

Then the trainer. Shit, this turned into a love fest.

OOC: Try to keep to post order guys, so no multiple posts per round. Thanks!

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:46:40 GMT -6 via mobile »

"You are far too young and inexperienced to call me boy."

Angel would growl. But as soon as the trainer came in he would sigh thankfully and make his way to Piper.

"C'mon let's go and get out of here. This has gone too far and you know it. Let's just-"

Angel would falter and start to fall right next to Piper. He was woozy because of blood loss and pain.

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:54:16 GMT -6 »

Angel never hit the ground. As he started to fall, a quick shift in attention from Martin dropped the TK field between the two fighters and caught the wounded agent in a gentle yet firm psychic embrace, supporting the arm and levitating him in the air. Clearly he was going to need to give these people a talking-to.

"Don't worry about him, I'll take him to the infirmary. You," to the green haired girl, in a tone that conveyed easy authority. "You're not in trouble yet, but I expect an explanation after he's seen to. You," to the big guy. "...Just clean this mess up, then get to class or something, I'll find you if I need you."

He'd just wanted to warm up with a few Legion bots. ...Set to Level 10. Was getting the blood flowin' to start his morning that much to ask? Brooking no argument, he would float Angel over to him and start heading out, thanking all the Gods out there, to himself, that the infirmary was so close to Tutorial.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:59:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

She moved to catch Angel, dropping the staff in the process, but didn't have the opportunity. Something else caught him, and she cursed softly under her breath. Piper didn't care, not about this stranger or the big guy or really anyone else... She meshed her teeth tightly, watching as he was carried off.

She definitely didn't care to explain herself.

Standing straight, she snapped at the senior agent (still not quite recognizing who he was), "Fuck off, mate." Her eyes darkened and she shook her head.

There was really a short list off people who get through to her, in that moment.

"You," she said, pointing to BK. "I want a rematch."

But she was already following Angel out.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:03:40 GMT -6 »

"Tch, you don't even know me, boy. And I'm not sure if you're a teacher or a trainer shield man, but I told her to hit me. I asked her to, and she obliged. She shouldn't be in trouble for shit. That's the explaination."

As she moved to go, he would step between her and the door.

"I aim to please- but if you want to rematch with me, you control your temper until you find me. I'm more than willing to be a punching bag for a pissant like you. Hell, if you want me to fight back I'll do that too. Just stop beating on others, and I'll show up whenever you got anger issues."

Ken would then step aside, if she didn't already try and blitz around him or move through him.

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:07:41 GMT -6 »

"You're upset, so I'll give you that one."

About what, he couldn't guess, but he'd fought meaner and scarier than her. He'd beaten meaner and scarier, without breaking a sweat. She couldn't get to him with a simple "fuck off". He looked impassively over his shoulder, letting her follow if she wanted, focussing more on getting the agent she'd hurt to safety.

"Come along if you like. Like I said, you're not in trouble." Yet. "Lose the attitude, though."

He'd head through the door as soon as the big guy was done with his tired little speech and stepped aside, whether green girl followed him or not.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:16:46 GMT -6 via mobile »

BK managed to stop her. She stumbled back a few steps, both fists raised, and murder in her eyes. If he hadn't started talking, she would have hit him, and then they'd be at it again. But Angel was more important than the ox.

"Back off, you bigot," she hissed. "You know nothing about me. And that is your biggest mistake. The weak deserve what they get, and the stupid deserve even less."

It was a threat, thinly veiled... and definitely something He would have said.

She left to follow after Martin and Angel.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:18:40 GMT -6 »

He would snirk as she walked by, leaning out the door!

"If that's true, why try to catch your friend as he fell?"

He would raise his voice if she didn't stop.

"Even you don't believe that bullshit, girl!"

He would shake his head and turn back into the room!

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 16:21:14 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:23:07 GMT -6 »

What the fuck is a snirk

Martin, having seen all this a hundred times before, kept walking, floating the injured student alongside him as easily as the steps he took. He'd walk in silence, for a time, before even bothering to acknowledge that the girl was still there.

"I know fights happen all the time here," he'd say, not even looking over his shoulder at her, "but what was that all about? For everybody's sake, I hope you ain't always like this."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:29:17 GMT -6 via mobile »

She didn't look back over her shoulder. She couldn't. She felt sick to her stomach as she contemplated that. Why HAD she tried to catch Angel? Why had she saved those children, not once but TWICE? She was weak...

She deserved to fail him.

Hanging her head, she clenched her jaw, fists still balled by her side. She barely paid any attention to Martin, as angry as she was. "I told you to swatch right the hell off, didn't I?" She snapped without much heat. She seemed to be calming down.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:31:43 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would pipe up now.

"She... Isn't... Just... Shit she's going through."

He sighed.

"People think they're helping her but they are only making it worse... Nobody is listening to me. They don't understand that I've not only seen people go through this but I've been through it myself. People are stupid."

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:34:04 GMT -6 »

"You're the one who broke your friend's arm and threatened to kill another agent. Look like you meant it, too."

Unlike many, by the sound of it, Martin actually listened to the wounded agent, looking right at him as he spoke. Then he put up a hand, not stopping anybody, just a placating gesture.

"You, save your energy. We're not far from the docs, you can talk all about that much as you like when you're fixed up."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:37:49 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I did."

Mean it. She had threatened to kill the ox... and she had meant it.

She meshed her teeth together, listening to Angel and staring down at her feet. She didn't want to think about what she had done to him... Quietly, almost inaudible, she whispered, "I'm sorry, Angel."

He shouldn't have gotten between them. But she felt bad...

She was weak.

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 16:42:05 GMT -6 »

"Whatever drove you to that, try to get it in check."

It was less a suggestion, more a politely-worded command. "Nothin' good comes of carryin' around that kind of rage. Trust me, I know from experience. An' if you start tryin' to back those words up with actions, well, someone like me's gonna have to deal with you."

He managed to make that sound more like advice than a threat, and fell quiet as she talked to her friend. Angel, huh? Nice name. He gave 'em their space to talk about whatever they so wished, and before long they were at the doors to the infirmary. Safe and sound, with Martin leading Angel right through the doors.

He wouldn't stop Piper from coming too, but would be more focussed on getting Angel seen to than acknowledging her much.

Quick Reply