Author Topic: Thoughts and Theories (Open) (Read 323 times)
Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

Thoughts and Theories (Open)
« Dec 11, 2015 21:03:46 GMT -6 »

Eric was in the library pouring over the reports of past visits to the Nexus and comparing it to the report that he had written up on his own visit to the Nexus.  Which admittedly had some more scientific data to it thanks in large part to Eliott and her machines.  They now knew that the Nexus had no atmosphere to breathe, but they had still been able to breathe.  And while the landscape appeared to be barren with no vegetation there was a report of their being water, as well as life.  One of the earlier reports even went on to claim that the dimension was infinite.  

And yet out of an infinite expanse Eric's portal happened to open up right where the battle against the Legion Bots had taken place.  Not once, but both times he had opened it up with intent of sending something through to the Nexus.  That couldn't be a coincidence.  There had to be some kind of meaning to that.  Or something that was drawing his portals there.  Again, it circled back to how little he actually understood of his power when it came to the actual hows and the whys of it.  He knew how to make it work, and that it did work.  But beyond that it was all guesswork.  

His mind went back to the bank heist when he first joined Paradigm and the cap guns that he had pulled out when he had intended to pull out real guns.  The idea that Jack had was that it was connected to his subconscious and that he hadn't really wanted to hurt anyone, and so he didn't pull out a real weapon.  But when he first opened a portal to the Nexus he hadn't known about the battle that had taken place there.  So there had to be something else that could influence how his portals worked.

He'd sigh and put down the report and slowly rub his temples, leaning back in the chair he was sitting in.  It was giving him a headache, it might be about time to take a break and get some caffeine or something. 

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 4:02:35 GMT -6 »

The smell of coffee would drift over to Eric, as Aaron sat down at the adjacent table. He had a big pile of reading material of his own, homework and a sketch book and scientific texts on light and darkness and any files or reports on Kieran he was able to find so he could learn as much as he could about the Imperial operative they'd captured. If he knew about it, he'd definitely relate to Eric's headache, too.

His mind wouldn't stop replaying the battle. Gunshots, the sound of those yellow beams moving through the air, his friends screaming in pain, that infernal beeping, the red flash that made everything silent. Keeping busy was the main way not to spend all day dwelling, or wanting to be sick. So there he was, with art and schoolwork and research, hoping to burn through a few hours.

He didn't notice Eric there.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 12:50:55 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Well far be it from Eric to bug someone doing their own research. Caffine sounded good, as did stretching his legs though. So he'd opt to pack up his stuff so it wasn't left laying all about and maybe grab a soda from the caffeteria or something.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

The world forgetting by the world forgot.

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 16:02:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

She was on her way into the library, yawning slightly. She really didn't have anything to do there, but she wanted to get out of her Pod and stretch before she went to the Director's office. Just a little time away.

As she walked in, Evie was happy to see somebody she recognized. She wandered over to him and offered him a little wave.

"You look busy, Eric," she said affectionately, glancing towards all of his work. She wasn't sure what he was doing but it might be interesting. Right? Glancing over, she saw Aaron, who had come to check on her after her first mission. She had worked with him.

Giving him a wave, she refocused on Eric.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 16:07:01 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, a bit I guess. Been trying to work on my power from a more theoretical perspective and put some more thought into the nature of the Nexus and it's relationship with the rest of the universes."

He sighed. It was pretty dry stuff.

"What are you up to babe?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 17:22:18 GMT -6 via mobile »

Babe? Her face flushed red at that and it took her a moment to gather her thoughts. He said it casually, but it was anything but casual for her. She lightly scratched at the back of her head.

"U-um. I'm just going through things for a little while. I'm supposed to report to Director Makaila's office at some point."

She tried to smile, then moved to sit down next to him, wondering what he was looking at. "So, the Nexus. You said that, right? What is that?"

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2015 17:27:29 GMT -6 by Evelyn Cravens » Back to Top  

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 17:29:58 GMT -6 »

"Another Dimension."

He brushed it off though curious to what she was up to.

"What are you reporting to the Director about?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 17:32:09 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I'm not sure, yet," she admitted with a nervous smile.

"Something about paperwork. Agent Campbell told me to report to him for the details."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 21:41:11 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Who?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 21:49:35 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Agent Campbell. Venus, I think she said her name was. She's the... intelligence agent? From DC."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 21:56:06 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Huh, haven't met her yet. But sounds like I should do some homework before I do. Something simple to chew on rather than all of those theory crafting."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 21:59:01 GMT -6 via mobile »

She gave a slight shrug.

"She said she was here as a trainer," she explained quietly, obviously wondering if she had said something wrong. "Not, like... a trainer trainer... but to work with the intelligence agents."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:00:51 GMT -6 »

"That's even more reason to do my homework. Give a good first impression."

He'd wink at Eve as he reached forward, the space in front of them ripping and tearing as he reached in and pulled out her file!

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:19:43 GMT -6 via mobile »

The file was... thick. And filled with information that he probably didn't want to read. All of her adventures would be reported there, and her kill count was... high.

She was a well known spy, scout, and at times, assassin, working under the DC branch. She was well traveled and known for being cruel, using fear to teach what she needed to teach.

It was recorded that Venus used primarily clawed rounds, laser weapons, and her infamous obsidian blades. There was a list of the poisons she liked to use, all with detailed information aside from two: one was called Take a Drink, My Love (shortened in later notes to My Love) and the other called Tentadoxin.

She was known to always be armed, and on more than a few occassions, her escapes were undocumented.

The file was intimidating, but Evie stayed where she was, waiting to see what he might learn.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:26:07 GMT -6 »

He skimmed it for now since it was thick. Escape here. Killed target there. Yadda yadda. He made an amused little grunt at the poisons. Enya would probably get a kick out of that. But maybe not, since she was immune. The clawed rounds was an interesting thing to note though, he'd never heard of that before.

He'd also take note of her fear tactics. Probably best to call her bluffs then rather than let her get under his skin. Since that was her method of choice. But fear was always a good motivator.

"Well this will take a bit of reading to get through in detail. Wonder if I should hedge my bets with some personal knowledge."

He mused mostly to himself, though Eve would be able to hear him as he gently shook his head with a chuckle. He'd look back to Eve with a small frown.

"Sorry, that was rude. I didn't mean to ignore you like that."

Bad Eric.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:33:24 GMT -6 »

Aaron had waved back to Evelyn, before going back to his research, and wasn't listening in on the conversation. However, he did pick up the talk moving onto the topic of Agent Campbell, looking up with interest. So they'd run into her too, huh?

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:34:09 GMT -6 via mobile »

"No! No, it's fine." Evie was smiling, though she found the invasion of privacy a little unsettling. She couldn't help but wonder if he had read her file.

Then again, what did she have to hide?

"Find anything interesting?"

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:39:15 GMT -6 »

"Well I just skimmed it but there are some things. But I'm sure there are some useful bits in there. The interesting bit will likely be outside the file though."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:41:10 GMT -6 via mobile »

"What do you mean?"

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:42:08 GMT -6 »

"She'd intelligence. I'm intelligence. Our job is to dig up information. Hardly going to impress with something anyone can grab from the file room."

He'd say with a chuckle.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:44:18 GMT -6 via mobile »

She nodded thoughtfully. He did have a point, but she still wouldn't be comfortable reading the woman's file.

"She's strange. Her questions are... weird."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:48:04 GMT -6 »

"Yeah? Like how?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:49:30 GMT -6 via mobile »

"She's focused on finesse and observation."

She shrugged, not sure she wanted to talk about this woman anymore. She honestly intimidated her.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 22:59:56 GMT -6 »

"Fair enough."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 12, 2015 23:20:53 GMT -6 via mobile »

"So the Nexus?" She asked softly, with a smile.

Quick Reply