Author Topic: Rubber Research (GM) (Read 467 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:05:20 GMT -6 »

"I'll try."

He says it more like he's not in the mood to argue about it.

"Next?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

The world forgetting by the world forgot.

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:26:36 GMT -6 »

She starts at the top of the foodchain, showing him the most powerful person she could find in the prison first, and working her way down from there.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:32:05 GMT -6 »

"That's Warden Schall. I, uh, don't know much about him. Just who he is. Never met him. Google could tell you more than I could."

:|

He looks uncomfortable at the next one, frowning in concentration. "That's the deputy warden, I can't remember his name. He came to visit my cell once, before I got taken into the arena. Came by in the middle of the night, just... stared at me. Then left."

At Hursley's picture, the fear returns to Jordan's eyes and he goes silent for nearly a minute! "He's in on it! I've seen him down there! Sometimes he'd step into the arena himself, just 'cause he was bored; didn't matter what the other guy's power was, how strong or tough they were... he killed them in one punch."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:41:48 GMT -6 »

She nodded thoughtfully at the first two, writing down the names and the information that he provided her with. She would look into them more. However, when she got to Hursley, she saw his fear and quickly, she moved the picture away from him. She didn't want to hurt him any more than she absolutely had to.

Even though she hadn't received any responses from her first messages, she sent out another text to the guys following up.
Dominic Hursley. He's in on it. Consider him armed and dangerous. EXTREMELY dangerous! Bring in if possible.

Then, she would put her pictures back in their little file and nod. "I'm going to go check in with the Director about that exercise, okay? You deserve a break. Is there anything else I can help with?"

Waitress mode: activated.

« Last Edit: Jan 2, 2016 19:42:22 GMT -6 by Evelyn Cravens » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:51:40 GMT -6 »

"Um."

Waitress mode isn't something he's used to dealing with! He blushes, clearly unsure what to ask for.

"I guess tell my family I'm okay? The news'll've been painting me out to be some kind of monster, I want the truth out there. Maybe find me a lawyer's phone number, too; I'm suin' the shit out of Chicago PD after this blows over."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:53:09 GMT -6 »

Evie nodded, placing one hand against the glass for just a moment. He was across the room from her, so she would turn to leave before he could do anything with that, but it was a kind gesture.

"Of course, Jordan. You can count on me."

And then she'd turn to go find Jack.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 2, 2016 19:54:28 GMT -6 »

He stretches out his arm to put his hand against the glass, even if she turns away before he reaches it!

"Hope so."

Once she's gone, he brings his arm back and returns to staring at the wall.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 16:30:03 GMT -6 via mobile »

After leaving, she went back to the computer. Dominic Hursley. She searched the name, first.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 16:33:33 GMT -6 »

She finds Hursley's staff bio on Mercyglade's website, as well as several news articles, some dating back to the wars against the Empire! There's also a mention of him in Paradigm's archives - as someone scouted out for recruitment, but rejected after a psychological evaluation.

She also finds his Facebook page. Does she send a friend request?

« Last Edit: Jan 4, 2016 17:10:37 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 17:26:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

.....yeah, no. Not in a million years.

She focuses on the information on Paradigm. What was his power? Why was he scouted? Who scouted him?

And why did he fail the evaluation?

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 17:44:06 GMT -6 »

What about a million and one?

His power is super strength and durability! Tests didn't come out with a definitive extent to his powers, but his results were off the charts, and his potential was described as "frightening". He was scouted because Paradigm learned of his incredible strength when his father was attacked by a bear while out hunting; Dominic charged the bear and killed it with one punch. A team of intelligence agents investigated the reports, found evidence of similar incidents in his history, and decided to look into him.

Despite such impressive scores in physical tests, Dominic's mindset was found to be unsuited to work as a Paradigm agent. In short, the conclusion was that he was a bully who would abuse his powers and station, looked down on everybody who didn't have powers, and enjoyed hurting people. After his rejection by Paradigm, he finished high school and joined the military; his activities aren't listed in Paradigm's files on him, except to say they're classified. He was, however, noted down as someone who needed to be monitored.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 18:34:05 GMT -6 via mobile »

She sent a quick text and then continued to write down the information that she needed, making a soft noise to herself. It seemed odd to her that he was so strong and expected to be monitored, but seemed to go under their radar.

How could he end up working at a prison like this and it not be suspicious? She groaned softly to herself, rubbing at her forehead.

Most prisons have daily checks on all of their inmates. She checked to see if any had been moved from their cell blocks or unaccounted for.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 18:47:47 GMT -6 »

He hadn't been doing anything they could prove was illegal, and a lot of intelligence efforts were redirected to bigger, proven threats like the Empire! He was known to have gotten a job at Mercyglade sometime after the peace treaty was signed five years ago, but agents monitoring him were mostly put on other cases. Part of why Paradigm learned about Jordan's escape so quickly was agents still watching that area for any signs of trouble from Hursley!

Reports she can access from Mercyglade are suspiciously sparse, as if being intentionally hidden! She can see there was a report on Kellen Vaughan being taken for a "medical exam" about a month before Jordan arrived at Mercyglade, but if she checks his prison number on Illinois inmate lookup, he's marked as deceased.

For a place with a reputation for being very safe and orderly, a strangely high number of inmates listed as being at Mercyglade are marked as sick, missing, or deceased.

« Last Edit: Jan 4, 2016 18:49:30 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 18:49:37 GMT -6 via mobile »

She focuses on those for a little while, attempting to see how many are no longer in contact with their families.

Which reminds her! She pulls up a separate tab to find Jordan's family: a phone number will do, but she's looking for an address.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 18:56:46 GMT -6 »

A very high number are no longer in contact with their families! At least a hundred.

The Haynes family lives in Sheridan Park! She finds an address and a phone number!

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 18:58:26 GMT -6 via mobile »

She prints that information off, smiling to herself. Then, she was up, holding the file against her chest. She had one stop to make before she needed to go see Jack.

Back to Jordan's cell!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 18:59:29 GMT -6 »

Jordan is still where she left him! He hasn't been crying, this time.

In fact, he seems to have stretched out his neck to stare out the cell window. He's not trying anything, just looking at the sunlight.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:07:33 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Jordan," she said with a soft smile. "I'm back."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:10:36 GMT -6 »

Jordan starts slightly! On recognising the voice, though, he seems to relax.

"Oh. Hi again."

Slowly, reluctantly, he turns away from the window and puts his neck back where it's supposed to be.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:17:37 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I am on my way to speak with the Director, but I just wanted to stop in and ask you something... Would you be okay with me visiting your family? I thought I might speak to them myself, and maybe bring a letter to them, if you wanted to write one."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:20:46 GMT -6 »

He stares. Blinks. Keeps staring.

"Oh, that's... yeah, I'd like that. Um. Thanks."

So much niceness, there has to be a catch somewhere!

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:27:27 GMT -6 via mobile »

With approval, she gave him a pencil and a piece of paper, standing in the doorway.

The door was open, just like he asked, but it was all she could offer him.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:31:08 GMT -6 »

He freezes! Then, slowly, he starts writing, occasionally shooting Evie glances as if wondering if the other shoe is going to drop. At least the door is open!

The door being open makes him move onto his bed, closer to the door, but he doesn't try to get out. He just writes. Finally, he finishes, folding up the paper gently.

"Don't you look at what I wrote, okay? But I put in a bit about how they can trust you, all the stuff you've been doin' for me."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:35:48 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I promise," she says, taking the piece of paper. She puts it in the pocket of her jacket without looking at it. Reaching out, very gently, she'd try to brush her fingertips across the back of his hand.

She figured he hadn't had any sort of friendly human contact in a while.

"Be safe, Jordan."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Rubber Research (GM)
« Jan 4, 2016 19:37:40 GMT -6 »

He hasn't! The contact makes him freeze up again, blushing and unsure what to do.

"Um, thanks. I will, Miss..."

He slowly realises he either doesn't know her name, or doesn't remember it.

Quick Reply