Author Topic: Teenage Dream Tonight``Aroon (Read 936 times)
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Teenage Dream Tonight``Aroon
« Jul 2, 2009 10:30:36 GMT -6 »

He leaned in just a little more, his expression taking on that well-practiced smoldering gaze as he retorted her own playful glare. "And just how, Aleece, do you consider you could maintain my attention long enough to destroy the temptation hung in front of me?" he posed to her, leaning back a moment later and folding his arms as his eyes softened into a small, wan smile, "Though I do concede that your chances stand a good deal better than theirs do."

As she mentioned his photography and the potential for finding other inspiration, he raised an eyebrow at the word as his eyes unknowingly shifted over her lithe form. Yes, he was fairly sure that he could find...other sources for inspiration. Blinking away the surprisingly lewd thought, he took another small sip of the dark liquid in front of him before he failed to hold back a small chuckle at her backpedaling.

"No, not at all. It's not that I've stopped by choice, a lot of it was just being annoyed at how little provided inspiration, but maybe a small prod or two will help me in finding my, uh..muse." he countered with a small wave of his hand, dismissing the slight embarrassment he caught on her face. In an effort to cause it to leave, he grinned and held both hands up, forming a 'frame' with his index fingers and thumbs over her face.

"I don't know, maybe I'll just have to convince you to be my inspiration, hm?" he joked, a few light peals of laughter escaping him as he 'adjusted' his hands slightly, one eye closed as he feigned to 'focus in' a camera. Of course, he had no doubt that even with his average capability with a good camera, he could take some really spectacular pictures of her, but that was a request he could save for another time...

As he lowered his hands, he gave a small gesture with his hand, "And what about you? What takes up your days?"

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 2, 2009 19:59:34 GMT -6 »

Aleece stifled a short laugh as she turned her head at his words and saw his camera, his joking for her to be his inspiration. Feigning an exasperated look at the thought and his actions, though flattering it was she was quick to grin, sitting up when he continued. Well she didn’t want to cast herself off as a nerd, but that’s what she was and she had only one answer for his question.

“My computer,” my life is more like it she added silently leaning back in her seat one hand resting on the table in front of her as she fingered the base of her drink idly. “I think if I could have it surgically attached to me somehow I probably would.”

Making a slightly face she laughed at herself softly, but it was the truth unable to really live properly without it. Aleece had been fascinated and entertained by the technology for years now and found it was a good source of providing income for herself…

“Fiercely protective of my laptop too,” she said recalling the few mornings before when Anna had burst into her room and attempted to paw on her property. She could honestly say her life…was literally on that thing and anyone that wanted to see her fall for good would only have to get a hold of it to make that happen.

“Yeah, I’m pretty geeky over it,” she said in a kidding tone, but really, truly meaning it. Before she could say anything else though she looked up in time to notice that a waiter was coming out with their food, a tray loaded down with what she assumed to be what Aroon ordered. Aleece’s attention was instantly deviated and not for the first time she wondered if she had some mild for of attention deficient disorder. Anything new or intriguing generally stole her awareness with hardly any effort…

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2009 10:15:09 GMT -6 »

He chuckled at her answer, though moreso at the remark that if possible, she'd attach herself to her computer. Hardly surprising to him, even he couldn't live without the internet. He doubted many people could these days, though...

"That works, I suppose" he mused with a grin as he picked up his glass, using his other hand to swirl the ice cubes slowly before taking a sip on the drink. Before he carried on any more, he caught the sight of the waiter approaching with their food...He drew his glass closer to him and made sure there was nothing in the middle of the table to obstruct him setting the dishes down, and watched silently as the substantial armada of his cuisine filled the table. With a nod, the waiter glanced at their glasses.

"Refill?" he asked with a smile as he watched the pair.

Aroon nodded. His glass was starting to run low anyways, and the sweet tea would prove useful to clear the palate between some of the richer dishes to come. "Please." he replied with his own smile, watching the waiter deftly pluck their glasses from the table and vanish into the back of the restaurant again.

Linking his fingers together, Aroon cracked his knuckles slowly in a display of 'determination' as he observed the pile of food sitting before them. He quickly surveyed the dishes and moved a couple round, organising them by rough levels of spice and richness before he turned to Aleece with a grin.

"Alright, so let's start with the mildest and work our way up, hm?" he remarked as he picked up a set of chopsticks and broke off a piece of the Kai Yat Sai. "So, this is basically just an omelette with some meat and vegetable folded into it, it's a nice, light dish to start off with...."

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2009 21:59:00 GMT -6 »

With a smile Aleece sent a soft thank you to the waiter as their drinks were refilled and she promptly took her glass when it was set back down and sipped on it as she turned to look at Aroon. Tipping her head she watched him curiously at the serious way he seemed to be considering the food in front of them. With her small smile returning she put the glass down as he sorted it all out in some specific order or another.

She only smiled wider when he turned to her and grinned himself, nodding at his suggestion, agreeing completely. As he explained what the first dish was she followed his lead picking up a pair of chopsticks and using them to get a hearty piece herself. Naturally she liked eggs and especially as an omelet. Aleece might embarrass herself with her eating habits but everything smelled to delicious looked to good to try and act primly about.

Her mouth was practically watering; Aleece…was no stranger to food that was for sure. With a quick smile back at her date she put it in her mouth and paused almost instantly, moaning a little as she quickly started to chew again.

“Oh that’s…really good,” she said after swallowing and not hesitating to go in for more, but she paused her next bite just in front of her mouth, grinning despite herself to make fun of herself. “Hope you can keep up with me. I’ve got a really good appetite.”

He just didn’t know how seriously true that was, but she was sure that he’d find out later, the amount of food on their table looked overwhelming, but she didn’t doubt she’d be wanting something more. Now, it was just up to Aroon if he could give her more. Breathing out an amused sound she popped the bite into her mouth and hummed again in approval.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 18:15:10 GMT -6 »

As he chewed his own mouthful of the omelette, he smiled and nodded in silent agreement with Aleece, stifling a chuckle as she shot for the next bite and commented on her 'appetite'. Now, if by now Aroon hadn't developed even a slight amount of resilience to the suggestive words that the pair so often exchanged, then he'd wonder what was going wrong with his brain. Of course, however, he managed to raise an eyebrow in consideration at the comment himself.

"Hah, you think I ordered this much without good reason? I consider myself suitably blessed with an obscenely fast metabolism, and a healthy appetite for my home cuisine." he retorted, opting instead to retain focus on the food and not, well, 'dessert', so to speak.

After a couple more bites on the first of the dishes, he slid the dish back into the formation he'd lined up on the table, drawing in the next one and taking a small sip of his freshened drink before he gave his commentary.

"Alright, so this is Pad Thai, it's a noodle dish, a little bit of heat to it. It's not originally Thai, apparently, but immigrants coming in from China and Laos created it and it's somehow become one of our signature dishes in America. The flavour comes from tamarind and fish sauce, and normally you'd use a piece of lime to squeeze over it." he gestured at the lime-wedge on the bowls edge with his chopsticks before he deftly snapped the instruments together against a small clump of the noodles. "So, give it a try." he added, smiling as he scooped the mouthful with a small chuckle. It was a difficult dish to eat with any flair or subtlety, and it wasn't uncommon to simply 'shovel' the noodles from the bowl, but it was a good way to lighten a tense atmosphere, he found.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2009 22:31:24 GMT -6 »

After getting a third bite she looked over at him and raised an eyebrow, not doubting what he had to say about his healthy appetite and fast metabolism for one minute. It probably didn’t hurt that he probably worked out a lot to keep in shape, if what he said on their first encounter was anything to go by.

“Hm,” she hummed while chewing a playful look running across her features she rested her forearm against the table and swallowed. “I think I might be acquiring an appetite for anything Thai too.”

Aleece couldn’t help but tease, and flirt, border on making it sexually overt, hinting and playing seeing what would get a reaction and what wouldn’t. If anything she saw Aroon was quite considerate not taking things to extreme or letting it get uncomfortable and just that probably was what made her relax that much more around him. When the dish was pushed away and the next presented Aleece took a small drink as well nodding as he explained what the dish was.

She watched him first practically shovel a mouth full of the noodles and stifled a small laugh noticing that there would be no graceful way to eat this one, but if he was willing to go at it so heads on then so would she. Leaning down a little she took up a bit of the noodles, and wasted no time to eat them. Even though she had tried not to get that much, Aleece obviously had just bitten of more then she could chew. Finally she got it all in her mouth, bringing the back of her hand up to hide her mouth as she chewed it down.

It was good, he was right, it had a bit of a kick to it, but she was Chilean she could handle this no problem. Her mother was big on eating home cooked food and making it flavorful, so she wouldn’t be wimping out when it was this mild.

After she swallowed her lips quirked in an embarrassed, sheepish way, “that was good, just got to much.”

Even as she said it she went for another bite this time a little smaller…

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 19:46:33 GMT -6 »

As he cocked an eyebrow to her tease, he set down his chopsticks and chewed quietly for a moment before swallowing the mouthful of noodles. Raising a hand to his mouth, he coughed quickly and lightly to clear his throat.

"We have eight more dishes to go, but if you're so keen to skip to dessert...." he began, deliberately trailing off as he raised a smirk at her, both in accentuation of his own comment and watching her get her mouth in control of the wayward noodles from her bite. It was a touch amusing to watch her quickly bring her hand up to cover the misjudged mouthful up, and he just nodded in understanding as she swallowed and 'explained' herself away.

"It can add up on you like that, but don't be afraid to really go for it with the noodles. It's the best way to eat them..." he added as an afterthought, smiling as he took another scoop, pinching the small bundle between his chopsticks and popping them into his mouth.

As he chewed the bite this time, he gave a quick glance at Aleece as he shifted the bowl a little to one side, leaving it free for her to continue with them if she wished, but also bringing the next of the dishes forward. He would wait for her to finish her testing of the noodles before he began to explain away the new item for her.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 12, 2009 3:07:10 GMT -6 »

Aleece paused when he teased about them skipping to dessert and she stifled a laugh as she chewed really unable to comment back with a mouth full of food. He got that one…free of charge. When she did swallow her bite she was able to answer properly to his next comment, taking his offer up as the bowl was slid in her directions. Settling for her smaller bite she gestured for him to go on, she’d keep at his pace of sampling everything, ready to get along to the next thing.

“No need to slow down on my account,” she said with a grin when she even though she said taking one last bite…it was good. Pushing the bowl to show she meant they could go on she stifled a smile as she chewed. With her free hand she picked up her drink to wash down her food as she waited on him to continue.

She couldn't wait to see just how spicy this food got, she had been built to resist being bothered by the heat and flavor of most foods with her mothers cooking, but it would be interesting to try Thai cuisines. Just the fact it would be different combinations and different ingredients in foods she had never tried before, appealed to her. Aleece was glad he had decided to take her somewhere like this, the experience was a good one and to be out with someone that didn't involve asshole friends, or the need of an ambulance near by...it was nice.

Ducking her head down she looked at her hands to hide her amusement at that thought. Aleece had almost thought her luck with guys was atrocious, or rather...the situations she found herself in with them was. But Aroon, not only he great company and kept up a good conversation, not letting it get dull, he hadn't attempted one physical move on her yet...

Looking back up she propped her chin in her hand, her fingers curled against her mouth as she waited for him to go on.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2009 3:08:47 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 12, 2009 3:33:01 GMT -6 »

"Not at all, I just didn't want to set a pace you couldn't keep up with..." he returned, raising an eyebrow momentarily as she set the bowl further away. A quick switch of his hand brought it back to its place in the original formation on the table, and he adjusted a few things on the sunken plate in front of them. A trio of small, almost black 'discs' of what was commonly known as 'blood tofu' in Asia, 'blood pudding' in the west were set to the side of the dish for the time being. He'd have her try that after tasting the initial meal itself first.

"Alright, this is Khao Mun Gai, it's a rice dish that uses chicken broth for the meat flavour, and combines a good dose of chili, ginger and garlic with a little vinegar for its flavour. You might find it a little easier to use a spoon for this one. Even I have issues eating rice with chopsticks, it seems..." he added with a wry chuckle as he set down the thin strips of wood and picked up a spoon to scoop a small amount of the mix into his mouth, dipping down to get a good dose of the broth in with the rice and vegetable combination. He was fond of this, because most places would spice it up a good deal more than normal for extra flavour. Siam, it seemed, was among those.

After chewing on the mouthful for a moment, he picked up one of the small discs and held it as he spoke, "Now, this is something a little more different, I'm not going to tell you what's in it until you've tasted it, you'll just have to trust me on this one..."

As he finished speaking, he bit about half the slice of 'pudding' and chewed it slowly, savouring the deep, rich flavour with a sigh as he gave a small beckon with his free hand for Aleece to do the same. He admitted it looked a little less appetising than most things they had in front of them, but its flavour was astounding once you got past the fact it was made with blood.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 14, 2009 14:03:14 GMT -6 »

Aleece allowed a small laugh around her bite as he got in a quip when she wasn't able to return it for the time and swallowed just in time for him to go on. She eyed the next dish with interest and followed his suggestion of using a spoon, after all she couldn't honestly say she was remotely skilled using chopsticks with any dish. She had just managed to get by so far...

Putting down her own chopsticks and picking up the spoon available for her Aleece waited for him to get his bite before dipping her spoon in to get enough of it all. Even not knowing what it would taste like, if it would be spicy or not she didn't taste anything cautiously. She was hardly picky about food and everything so far had been delicious, so she had faith that this would be no different. Humming at the mixture of spices used, pleasantly surprised it wasn't just salt from the broth, or dull like any soup with rice in it tended to be she wasn't shy about getting another spoonful as he went for the next dish.

Aleece's spoon paused just at her mouth though as she eyed it, and the fact that he didn't tell her what it was before hand suggested that it might be something she would find gross. Grinning she ate what was waiting in front of her mouth and with the other hand reached for the mystery dish as she swallowed. Looking at Aroon briefly she noted he didn't have a problem eating it and so with a small shrug she took a bite, though she hadn't gone about trying only a small bit of it chewed relatively slower.

It wasn't anything she had tried before that before that much was for sure and when she cleared her mouth, all in all the whole thing not bad, Aleece looked to her date. "Okay..." she said with a grin. "What is it?"

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2009 2:42:36 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 22, 2009 0:38:50 GMT -6 »

ooc: Just to get us moving again, the lazy jackass that I am XD

ic:

As he finished chewing the piece of 'meat', he swallowed it as she took her own bite. He waited with bated breath for a moment, watching her mull over the flavours herself. When she eventually swallowed her mouthful, he returned the grin for a moment as she asked what it was.

"Blood" he said with a smirk, "It's called blood sausage in this part of the world, anyway, but it's mostly made with the red stuff. What do you think?"

He chuckled to himself as he popped in the remainder of his own piece, crushing it under his teeth as he chewed. He scooped a small mouthful of the broth into his spoon and sipped it down, letting the two flavours mingle together pleasantly. A slow, soft sigh left the Thais lips as he leaned back into his chair for a moment, content and enjoying the meal particularly well.

Good company, good good, he couldn't argue it at all...

As he finished his mouthful of food, he lightly folded his hands one over the other, waiting to hear her opinion on the meal so far before reaching for his drink. The only downside of the blood sausage was the slight saltiness it had as an aftertaste, the thickness of the congealed blood and other spices coating the mouth and keeping it there for quite a while unless the palate was cleansed down with something else.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 23, 2009 21:16:53 GMT -6 »

If Aroon and been trying to weird her out by answering...on some level it had worked. She was torn by between being grossed out and amused when he answered and she gave a short noise that could be considered a laugh, the second bite stopping short of her mouth as she looked at him, with a raised eyebrow. Aleece couldn't say it was bad, and had actually been good...but there was something all together unpleasant about the prospect of eating...blood, be it in a sausage or not.

Grinning a bit she looked down at what was in her hands and shook her head a little then took another bite going ahead and finishing it off while she was at it. When she swallowed she licked her lips picking up her drink as well. "Well," she said putting her drink down to finally answer him. "Just be glad I'm a exceptionally open minded person and am not afraid to try anything new."

With a quite laugh to herself, Aleece settled her arms against the table in front of her crossing them not losing the amused lines from her face, "but it was good though, despite...what it is, the name is definatly off putting even when I tried it without knowing."

She was sure Aroon got what she meant, not to mention most would be down right appalled to eating anything like that even if they had liked it. But Aleece wasn't exactly prissy, and she still firmly believed she had a strong stomach to handle it. Lifting a hand she grinned a little wider, gesturing for the Thai to continue on, "all then whats next."

Her tone held a bit of a challenging edge, like she was egging him on to give her stomach, and appetite, his best shot. Aleece was still having a wonderful time, all the different cuisines delicious and to her ,exotic.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 26, 2009 0:47:23 GMT -6 »

He smiled at the quick quip and shrugged with a knowing look in his eyes. "I'd hoped as much, and that was my first assumption. Besides, would you have eaten it if I'd told you first?"

He challenged the question with a small smirk, chuckling afterward and waving it off afterward as she proceeded to ask what was next. With a nod, he switched out the bowls for another noodle dish, this one with wider noodles similar to Japanese udon. As he swept the tips of his chopsticks over a napkin, wiping them off before he set them into the dish, turning the noodles in the broth over nonchalantly as he explained.

"Khao Soi, this one's pretty damn hot, so a quick heads up. Anyway, it's rice noodles, pork, tomatoes, soy beans, chilli, shallots and garlic for the main base, and most of the time it's topped with things like scallions, cilantro or beansprouts. It's made slightly different in Thailand, and I'm actually more fond of the Burma version of it. Most places will do both, but they only do the Burmese one here.."

As he finished speaking, he pinched a few of the noodles between his chopsticks along with a chunk of the pork, bringing it to his mouth swiftly to avoid any of the sauce dripping and biting into the spicy mouthful. Relishing the mild burn of the strong chillis, he watched Aleece for her reaction. This one would be a tester of her tolerance for spice. Not that he didn't believe her, he just considered that different cuisine had different 'types' of heat. An Indian curry was quite different from a Thai one, for one example, and if her native cuisine was South American then the differences were going to be there.

Of course, he had full expectation on the self-assured Aleece to go past the chilli without so much as a whimper.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 26, 2009 1:30:16 GMT -6 »

Well Aleece couldn't say anything to answer back to his question the slightly challenge way he presented it all, and because of her silence she let him believe what he wanted to at this point. Because honestly she didn't know if she would have or not, but she was glad that he went ahead and had her taste it before he went to explain what it was, eliminated any risk there might have been for her to turn it down one way or another.

Leaning on her arms a bit she looked to Aroon as she moved onto the next dish explain the ingredients catching that there was chillies in it it. So she didn't doubt this dish would be very hot, which she looked forward to actually. When he got down speaking Aleece quickly followed his example picking up her chopsticks again and going for a few noodles and some meat ducking her head down a little and bring the bite to her quickly.

Almost as soon as she put it in her mouth she could feel the heat of the spices, and while it wasn't what she was used to it exactly it was something she could handle. It was enough to make her lips burn a little and when she swallowed, she sucked in a breath not able able to keep the grin off her face even as she licked her lips.

"That's gotta a little kick to it," she said with a chuckle going once more for another bite. Of course she would want to eat more, it was delicious like the rest of the food at been. "Lemme guess, its only going to get hotter, huh?"

She motioned with her head to the rest of the untouched dishes still to go as she took her second bite, reaching for her napkin and wiping at her mouth as she chewed. The way the procession of food had been going was steadily climbing up on the flavor levels, getting warmer and warmer. It would be interesting to see what she could and couldn't handle this evening anyways.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 0:40:50 GMT -6 »

He smiled, idly plucking another piece of the spiced pork from the bowl and popping it into his mouth...She clearly hadn't been applying bravado when she'd said she could handle spice, this was one of the hottest dishes he'd ordered for the table, figuring a change from the milder dishes was in order. If she could eat this without anything more than an acknowledgment of the heat, she'd get by just fine.

"Just a little bit of a kick, and actually, there's only one other dish hotter than that, a couple of them are around the same..." he answered after finishing the piece of pork he'd been chewing on as he thought, pausing for a moment before deciding he did, in fact, want another little bit of the noodles. Scooping them up, he quickly got them to his mouth and chewed thoughtfully as he surveyed the remaining dishes.

'Yeah....'

Leaning forward, when he saw Aleece was finished with the spicy dish, he switched the bowl out for a plate, again with noodles, this time much finer noodles atop a bed of beansprouts and other vegertables...Swallowing the noodles in his mouth, he cleared his throat behind his hand and took a short sip of his tea, 'rinsing' his palate again.

"This is Mee Krob, it's another type of noodle dish, but unlike the last one, it's actually a sweeter sauce as opposed to spicy. I...can't really remember what's in it, to be honest. It's been a while since I've had it myself."

Shrugging as he wiped off the tips of his chopsticks once more, he gave a small gesture of his hand to offer her the first bite of the slightly crispy noodle dish. He remembered that much about it for sure, but the taste was oddly lost to his mind. Had it been that long since he'd really had it?

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 3:49:56 GMT -6 »

Aleece grinned smugly at the Thai as she chewed her second bite, liking that she had been able to back up her talk of being able to handle it. She rested the chopsticks at her lips while she enjoyed what was in her mouth for the time being, liking the heat, and something oddly nostalgic about it. If she had a weak constitution for it she would have never been able to live in her mothers home, with that woman's cooking.

Swallowing Aleece couldn't' help but go for another drink herself chill out some of the heat in her mouth though she was sure that the next dish would help right along with that as she listened to what it was. When he gestured for her to go ahead and try it first she narrowed her eyes at him, a grin tugging at her lips.

"You trying to get me to eat somethin' funny again?" she teased but didn't hesitate to go for the first bite like offered. She made sure to get the noodles which she found to be crispy no at all really limp like regular noodles should have been and the bean sprouts underneath, and what ever else could have been in between. Ducking her head down she took a mouth full, a short "mmm," getting past her lips, liking that it was crunchy with each bite took. A sweetness filled her mouth definitely from the sauce, but a rather citrus almost underlying sour twang hit her palate.

It was pleasant and sent her tongue in a mild overload with the different contrasting textures, and flavors. From savory to sweet to sour, but somehow it meshed deliciously, like she had any doubt. Between the dishes and drinking her tea she was starting to fill faintly full, though she was sure she could keep going, so regardless of her stomach she took another bite, feeling a bit like a pig however much she was enjoying herself here.

As she chewed this time however she sat back in her seat letting out small sigh when her mouth was clear. Aleece figured if they kept going with all these starchy foods she wouldn't be able to make it to the end dish, she just needed a break for a minute to start to let her food settle. "This is all great, Aroon," she started looking over at him and raising an eyebrow as she placed her chopsticks down. "But I guess I was more talk then I thought. I need a minute to recuperate here. Not that I'm down and out by any means..." Lifting an eyebrow she chased the words with a joking undertone.

It was the noodles, three dishes using them so far, a soup, along with so much to drink it was filling her stomach quicker then she thought. They were only half way done too...

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 3:54:31 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 1, 2009 10:01:08 GMT -6 »

The joke in her words was obvious, so he simply cocked an eyebrow with a small, knowing smirk at it, watching as she dug into some of the crispy dish.

Apparently, it got her approval as she chewed and he reached for his own bite, pinching some of the slightly sticky dish between his chopsticks and popping it in his own mouth. He sighed to himself with a small smile, the old and familiar taste returning to his palate. The slight undertone of sour just hitting him here and there as he remembered the flavours.

'It's been a long time since I had this....'

His musing was broken as she set down her chopsticks and remarked that she was in need of a rest from the heavy dishes. Shrugging with a smile, he nodded, "That's fine, I didn't really stop to think about all the noodles the dishes were going to have. It's one of our staples, though, so it's pretty hard to avoid them. You know, if you'd like we could package the rest to go, save you from being overstuffed."

He couldn't deny that he himself was starting to feel somewhat full from the dishes, but either way he would be able to handle with little issue. Instead he waited and watched the olive-skinned girl sitting adjacent to him for her thoughts as he sipped some more of the sweet tea, just enough to wet his lips and the inside of his mouth. The sweetness was starting to kick in with a mild sugar rush, and the Thai whose diet consists almost exclusively without the substance was susceptible to the infamous reaction as a result.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 2, 2009 18:10:55 GMT -6 »

Aleece caught the corner of her lip for just a second, thinking it over to herself whether or not she was full enough to keep from going on. The answer was simple, she really wasn't, but she didn't want to be sitting miserable on the ride back, and while she was used to starchy foods, the noodles and rice had a chance to expand in her stomach thanks to all the tea she had drunk. So at the moment she was content, but not over full, a good way to be, and if they took this with them in doggy bags well in about an hour or so she knew she'd be more then willing to nibble on it some more.

With a slow nod she picked up her drink and took a sip, putting it down before she answered leaning forward again to rest her arms on the table and turning her head to look at Aroon. "That sounds good, it'll leave room for dessert now," she said with a grin, lifting an eyebrow and trying not to let her smile get any wider then it already was.

She didn't want to cut their time here short, because she was enjoying herself immensely, but she was sure that even if they did move on with their date, it would continue to be fun. Of course she had no idea what he had planned for the rest of the evening, dinner could be all they were going to do. Though...she hoped not.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 6, 2009 15:37:58 GMT -6 »

He smirked at her words and nodded, deliberately for once not feeding from them and taking it in the intended manner.

"Alright, in that case I'll just get this packed up..."

With a small raise of his hand, the Thai caught one of the waitresses and she airily approached the table, a mild smile on her face.

"How is everything, is there anything I can get for you?"

With a short nod, remaining in English, Aroon replied with a smile of his own, "Yes, actually. We somewhat overestimated our appetites, it seems. Could you have these boxed up to go, and have two orders of Pandan cake brought out?"

A nod, "Of course, let me just start getting these cleared away for you."

Whilst the table was in the process of being restored to a more appropriate state and the remaining food boxed up, he sat with the tea for a moment, sipping the sweet beverage as he turned to Aleece, a thoughtful expression on his face. He'd figured they'd do more than just go for a meal, and as a result he mulled over the possible things they could do afterward. The problem with Chula Vista was, simply, it was dull. There was really nothing to do so you had to make your own entertainment or suffer through the pitiful 'attractions' the city held.

"So, the dessert's called 'Pandan' cake, it's pretty simple and not much different from a normal 'sponge', you have a little icing and some filling, the difference...Well, you'll see when it comes to the table..."

He smiled as he left the hint lying, and sure enough it only took a few more moments before the sweet dishes were brought to them, and set down. On both plates, a near-fluorescent green piece of cake sat, lightly encased in icing...With a chuckle, he carried on with his explanation from before, "The green is a result of chlorophyll from the Pandan plant, or traditionally it is anyway. Some places just use food colouring and extract since it's cheaper. Personally, I don't think it makes an iota of difference either way, it tastes good all the same."

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 7, 2009 22:54:55 GMT -6 »

Aleece watched as she sipped on her tea, hiding a small amused grin from behind the cup as he asked for their dinner to be packed up, the fact that he had chosen not to take her dessert comment in a, what was normal for their banter, to a more suggestive level. Catching her bottom lip in between her teeth briefly she sat up and placed her drink down she leaned comfortably on the table lifting a hand to prop her chin in her palm as she waited for Aroon to turn back to her to explain this dessert to her.

She didn't have to wait long for it to come, like he had done thus far he started to tell her a bit about what he had just ordered for the both. And since he hadn't led her wrong yet she wasn't going to judge until she tasted it. If he was willing to eat it, chances were Aleece wouldn't be averse to choking it down. Though true to his style still he left her wondering just what was unique about this particular dish, and when it was brought out she sat up to let the waiter place it down in front of her, leaving her to raise a speculative eyebrow at the green cake.

Sidling her eyes over to him her other brow joined the first to ask if him if he was serious, but the expression on his face told her...he was. With a small shrug she picked up her fork as he went to reassure her just why it was that color. Cutting of a bit of it with the side of her fork Aleece brought the small but generous enough portion to her mouth pausing only for a second as she looked back Aroon, her lips twitching in amusement, before putting it all in her mouth.

She had to pause again raising her hand to her lips as she started to chew slowly again. It was good, light and fluffy, and tasted delicious, like she should have suspected. Swallowing with a light roll of her eyes she looked over at her date again, "okay...that's good."

She almost sounded begrudging that she had to admit except her tone was ruined back the fact she was grinning still because she had no doubt that it would be. But he had hit another weakness for her...sweets and without hesitating despite being full she wasn't going to let it stop her from finishing off the cake.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 8, 2009 18:52:09 GMT -6 »

He watched her raised eyebrow with ill-restrained amusement and gave a sweeping gesture of his fork for her to taste the cake, and --no surprise, by now-- it had proven to win her over. Smirking as she conceded that it was, in fact, good, he gave a mock show of surprise before cocking an eyebrow right back at her.

"Now, did you really think I would sit you through a comprehensive lesson in Thai cuisine and order a damn cheesecake for dessert?" he shot with a smirk on his face as he popped a bite of the light, green sponge into his mouth, letting the airy morsel near enough melt on his tongue as he savoured the understated sweetness of the sponge against the icing.

Swallowing, he took a small sip of the tea as he watched her eat. He tended to stick moreso with the light, airy tone of flirting combined with a 'familiar' friendliness, but he couldn't deny that he was quickly becoming quite drawn to the Chilean girl. He wouldn't call it a 'fated' match or any other such nonsense, goodness knows he was more of a realist than most to discount such trifle thoughts, but he recognised that they certainly 'clicked' with one another. Neither was the airhead their looks might allude to, their dynamic was enough to keep conversation fresh between them, and if he admitted to himself beyond his otherwise well-guarded inner facet of emotions, he felt 'better' around her, like he could refrain from the otherwise hard demeanour he held for the faculty and students who seemed to view him as either a problem or a threat, or whatever combination of the two they could come up with.

"So...." he began as he broke off another piece of the cake in front of him, not quite taking the bite yet but rather preparing it for when he did, "...I know that it's apparently customary and the accepted norm for the gentleman to have the entire date planned out and to 'woo' the girl with displays of deep romanticism and sensitivity, but I certainly don't fit into any depiction of the 'norm', that's for certain."

He chuckled to himself as he quickly ate the bite of cake, carrying on as he swallowed, "So, would you like to help me decide on what we do next?" he asked, a small smile creeping onto his bronze features.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 8, 2009 19:46:21 GMT -6 »

Aleece conceded his choice of food for the dinner and dessert admittedly all very unique and delicious, so much in so that she had no problem enjoying herself in his company or otherwise at the moment.

"You're right," she said with a quirk of her lips to come back at his smirk. "Forgive me, o' cuisine guru, for even doubting you in the slightest."

Of course she was joking and she continued to eat feeling herself bordering on being uncomfortably full as she cleared half of the cake away. They would definitely need to something a little more physical if they were going to continue on in their date. Looking to the side she was a little surprised to see Aroon studying her, but being in the middle of a bite she couldn't say anything and instead just smiled before looking back down.

The pause in their conversation how ever slight as usual wasn't awkward in the slightest and she was about to bring another bite of cake to her mouth when he spoke up again. What he had to say was enough to sen him a side long look to the fact that he certainly was not in the norm, but then again usually the people she ran across, interacted with, and talked to hardly ever were. She showed just how much agreed with that by laugh softly herself, certainly not agreeing, and withheld a few quick comments. When he asked what they could possibly do to further the evening Aleece placed one of the last bites in her mouth letting the tongs rest against her bottom lip.

Aroon had certainly posed and interesting proposition of what to do after they finished and with a slow grin...unwittingly enough to almost match his, she put her fork down and turned to him. "Ever been to Dave & Buster's?" Aleece asked with a wide grin.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 8, 2009 23:44:00 GMT -6 »

"Pfft, I'm no cuisine guru, I just seem to know what you like. I'll call it both a curse and a blessing, hm....?"

He waved off the sarcastic complement with a smirk and his own dry comment, chuckling as he left the subtle play on words for her to mull over. Notions of a...more appealing dessert plagued his mind even though he stifled the thoughts instantly after they appeared, and he blinked away as he lowered his gaze from the girl sitting to his left. He was enjoying the evening without needing somewhat unwanted mental images creeping up on him.

He picked a few more bites of the sweet in front of him, not inclined to finish it entirely due to his own lack of a real sweet tooth but still enjoying the pleasant taste all the same, before she gave her suggestion to his question.

"Dave and Busters....? I'm afraid I've never heard of it....."

He cocked his head to the side, resting his chin on the heel of one hand as he waited patiently for an explanation from her on what, exactly, this place was meant to be. It sounded interesting at the least, but he'd rather know in advance, even just a little. Better for him to mentally prepare for what was to come and all that...

« Last Edit: Aug 8, 2009 23:44:17 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 9, 2009 1:12:46 GMT -6 »

She let his suggestive comment slide not wanting spur that on at the moment..they had the rest of the evening after all to get to that, and with a chuckle she picked up her drink and took a drink before going on to explain what Dave and Buster's was exactly. Putting the tea down she leaned on her elbows and closer to Aroon a sly grin on her face.

"Its only an Arcade...where they sell food and drinks," she said with a small laugh in her tone. "You won't find kids at this place. I remember going a couple times with my mom and dad, real fun."

Giving him an imploring look while still retaining her smile Aleece leaned in a bit more, "so what do you say? Sound like something you might want to do?"

She seemed to only pause for a moment though before going on with a teasing glint in her eyes, "besides I need something physical to do to work off that food I just ate."

Of course she remembered telling herself she wouldn't feed the suggestive comments so she was going to leave them out there for Aroon to chew on...that is if he wasn't to full to handle some more.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 10, 2009 11:53:26 GMT -6 »

"That....sounds like it could be really good fun."

He nodded thoughtfully as he considered the place for a moment. Frankly, it was better than anything he could've thought up, and as he ate the last small bite of the cake in front of him he washed it away with the last of the sweet tea. He smiled as he nodded again, a little more directly than his pensive gesture before, rolling his eyes for a moment at her remark at needing something 'physical' to do.

"Well, if you want something physical...." he began, his eyes narrowed in a devious smirk, though he eventually left the words hanging. He wasn't about to finish that sentence.

Moreso because he didn't have anything to finish it with.

"Well, I'll go get us paid up just now, back in a minute...." he said smoothly, changing the subject and pushing to his feet with a small smile. Walking through the restaurant, he stopped at the reception desk and waited as the server came over, a smile on her face and asking how everything was. He exchanged the obvious pleasantries with her as she tallied up the bill. Watching with trepidation as the slip was turned around, he glanced at the number and sighed slowly. It wasn't a whole lot more than he'd expected, and as he opened his wallet he slipped out the credit card and handed it over.

After tapping through the necessary buttons on the little device, leaving a tip and the like, he pocketed everything up and walked back to the table, a mid-sized bag packed with small serving containers. The remnants of their meal, obviously.

He glanced at her with a light smile as he picked the bag off the table, "Ready to go?"