Author Topic: Better Than The Best [Open/GM?] (Read 411 times)
Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

Better Than The Best [Open/GM?]
« Oct 15, 2015 19:24:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

Arman spent a couple of hours recovering after the failed exercise with Mathew. Once he figured most people were asleep, he headed back to the training room, his back and arms heavily bandaged.

"Exercise 214, eh?" He mused, searching for that on the control panel. It was difficult for a man who was basically illiterate, on top of having no understanding of what was in front of him, so he just started hitting buttons and headed into the room.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

I don't need you to believe in me

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 19:44:31 GMT -6 »

The doors barely close behind him before Mike walks in as well. Though he gives a confused look as to why the robots have started to move. Five of them to be exact.

"Uhhh, I didn't hit start yet..."

He looked over to Arman before a blue glow surrounded his own body.

"Mind if I help out?"

He wanted the practice.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 19:51:06 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Back off," Arman starts at the unexpected company, surprised. Since he focused on Mike, however, his attention left the bots, and one of them blasted him in the chest from afar! He went flying back into a wall.

Third time today.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 19:54:43 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, I'm gonna go with no."

He rushes forward toward the bot that just shot Arman. In his hands a baseball bat of blue energy formed and he'd swing for it's head like he was going for a home run.

However one of the bots decided to shoot fire at Mike engulfing him from Arman's view!

Arman has three bots coming toward him to worry about as well!

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:01:23 GMT -6 »

Arman's chest is sizzling, but he's feelin' the adrenaline already. He tackles the bot in the center and charges toward the two on Mike, though he takes two more blasts to his back in the process.

Once he's close, he launches the bot in his grip at the one Mike is currently fighting, before trying to push the guy away.

"This is my training, pal, I said back off!"

His competitive nature is making him forget about the bots, though his entire torso is basically sizzling.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:06:23 GMT -6 »

The baseball bat goes through the flames and slams into the head of the first robot with enough force to send it flying back as Arman throws his robot at the one spewing fire at Mike.

"Bad news buddy. We work in pairs here."

The fire didn't seem to hurt Mike in the time it took Arman to get it off him, and the blue glow was still surrounding his whole body.

He'd go for the two standing bots, now kind of wanting to show this guy up! Though with his power he needed to pick one to go for first. Which would be the one on the right. He'd slam a palm into the robot and dump the energy into it causing it to short out. Though a blast from the one on the left would send him stumbling and the aura around him began to crack.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:09:14 GMT -6 »

Arman didn't even respond, he was too angry. He charged at the one who blasted Mike - waiting until after he got blasted, of course - and took it by the arm, pulling it overhead and slamming it down into the ground as hard as he could. Heated, he was going to just smash his fists into the back of its head until it was shattered, and then just keep going until his knuckles cracked. And in his second degree, that would take a long time.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:15:02 GMT -6 »

And while there were more robots in this simulation they didn't seem to be as durable as the last batch, leaving just the two men standing while Arman hulks out on his robot. Mike was breathing heavier and he could feel the adrenaline pumping through his system.

He'd just turn to look at Arman waiting to see what was next.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:21:53 GMT -6 »

Arman continues beating down on that bot for a long time. After a few moments, he stands up and turns to face Mike.

"I'm the target, buddy," he says rather indignantly, jabbing a thumb at Mike's chest. Part of the reason he's pissed is because Mike getting hit was just proving Mathew right. "Focus stays on me, you do the damage while I take the heat. Get it together."

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:24:14 GMT -6 »

"Take a look at yourself. You're burned, I'm fine. I think you got our roles reversed." He said, pushing Arman's thumb down off his chest.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:33:57 GMT -6 »

Arman basically takes that as "I'm better at your job than you" and now he's more pissed. So he shoves Mike!

"Then let's run it again. You can be the token meat shield this time."

Arman goes back to the control panel and presses a bunch of buttons!

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:35:05 GMT -6 »

"Fine!"

He waits for the robots to start up. Taking this small reprieve as a chance to refocus on his defense. The cracks on his aura began to fill in.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:36:56 GMT -6 »

Another five start up! Three aim blasts at Mike and two aim at Arman as soon as he steps back into the room. He takes his two to the chest, and they hurt a lot more than before!

"I might have fucked up," he mutters under his breath as he flies into another wall.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:40:02 GMT -6 »

Mike rushes toward the two blasting at Arman. The blasts don't stop him, but his shield is starting to crack already from the concentrated fire! He smashes an energy baseball bat into the left one though!

The one that blasted Arman that is still up begins to fly with rockets on it's feet. It appears to be charging up another big blast. The three shooting at Matt are making his shield crack even more though! He won't hold up under this for long.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:54:40 GMT -6 »

Arman leaps up to grab the rocket-foot bot and pull it to the ground! If he can't he just climbs up to its waist and begins to rip the legs off, so it falls in the way of the ones firing on Mike.

He starts chucking legs at the remaining three!

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:56:12 GMT -6 »

He is able to block two of the blasts! The third ones gets through though and blasts him right in the back. The aura around him is flickering and barely holding on. Mike himself is feeling light headed and woozy.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 20:59:07 GMT -6 »

Arman pulls Mike down to the ground and out of the line of fire, then charges at the three, tanking any more blasts aimed in Mike's direction. He hardly registers the pain, but his skin might as well be on fire by now, and the cut on his back has reopened to a point where his entire backside is covered in blood.

He headbutts the first bot he can reach, then attempts to pick it up and use it as a bat to be a second one! Third one can come later. He only has so many arms.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 21:01:00 GMT -6 »

The two go down with relative ease for him but his body is getting all kinds of messed up! The robot that he did not smash however spoke out in a familiar voice.

"Self destruct sequence initiating."

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 21:03:08 GMT -6 »

Arman booked it, not particularly intent on tanking an explosion he couldn't gauge. If Mike didn't get out of the way, well... he'd think of something.

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015 21:22:21 GMT -6 by Arman Madani » Back to Top  

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 21:26:42 GMT -6 »

"Shit! Shit! Shit!"

He swallowed the bile that was raising in his throat and booked it for the robot. The shield around him was flickering still, barely holding out. He dove toward the bot, slamming his hands into it and discharging the energy he had left into it shorting out the robot.

However the light around him faded and he felt a mental snap, his eyes glazed over and he'd collapse to the ground.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 15, 2015 23:23:50 GMT -6 »

"What the fuck-"

What was Eyebrows up to? he was running toward the explosion?!

"Hey, Eyebrows, STOP!"

And then the guy shut it the fuck down, before collapsing himself. Which meant Arman had to take him to the infirmary. Which caused him to frown.

"God damn it," he muttered, going to check on Mike. If the guy was really out of it, Juggernaut Arman would just hoist the guy onto his shoulders and carry him down to the infirmary.

"You did good, Eyebrows. You did good."

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 16, 2015 9:32:40 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He is out of it! He wouldn't come to for probably a good ten minutes. Would Arman be there when he came to?

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 16, 2015 14:16:31 GMT -6 via mobile »

He would! Mostly because his chest currently looks like bacon. He doesn't notice Mike wake up.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 16, 2015 14:48:14 GMT -6 »

He groaned.

"Fuck! God Damn it."

He muttered to himself as he sat up. Physically fine, but exhausted and sore. He felt like he had been hit by a truck.

Arman Madani
Agent
Defense

Arman Madani Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 16, 2015 15:05:09 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Talk about a peaceful awakening," Arman laughs, not really moving since hr can now feel the burnt skin.

"Calm down, Eyebrows. You did good."

Quick Reply