Author Topic: Dark and Light (Savaak) (Read 701 times)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 22:14:54 GMT -6 »

"Mhmmm." Savaak it lets it go at that for a moment. "Well, we can try. At the end of the day, the right thing won't always mean it's easy. Wrong things may happen by chosing that right path." She shrugs as though indiffierent.

"Either way, thank you for the offer. I'll see what I can dig up."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 22:21:21 GMT -6 »

The right thing usually is the hard thing. But that's what makes it worth doing. The path to evil is quick, easy, seductive. Like the power that had been literally boiling their blood. You can return from the (hah) dark side, but it's easy, so much easier than it sounds, to find yourself going down that path.

Often you don't realise you've gone down it until too late.

"Hey, what're friends for, right? Keep me posted, I'll probably do some sniffing around myself. This whole thing, it's bad news, I've got a feeling in my gut."

He's not allowing anything like Rath to come back.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 22:23:56 GMT -6 »

"Sure thing." She nods and waves a free hand at him.

"Later, Aaron. Try to get some rest if you can." She'll leave him to his musings, walking off to go see if she can find Leif or maybe look into things. Or Fred. She hadn't seen the adorable little agent in ages.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 22:28:20 GMT -6 »

"I've got to check on the others first. You rest up too, you look like you need it a lot more than me."

Seriously, give him a spell that'd let him stay up 24/7 and he'd probably never rest. It's not his musings he's being left to, really, just bitterness she accidentally lit up like a bonfire. It's not her fault, so he waves, gives her what smile he's still capable of after everything that's happened. Jesus, has he managed a real, honest to God smile since the wayward house, since learning about the betrayal, except when he was high?

No. He's not sure he has. But as Savaak starts to go, he has a stab at something.

"Hey, Savaak? One last thing?"

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 22:57:47 GMT -6 »

"Hmm? What's on your mind?" Savaak stops and turns to look at Aaron.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 23:06:13 GMT -6 »

What isn't, but that doesn't show on his face.

"I was thinking, we haven't really interacted much outside of missions," and outside of his drug trip. Thanks Leif. "Before we all go off to fight the Empire, thought I'd ask if you'd like to do something sometime? Not today, you should probably rest, but, you know, sometime before we leave. Get to know each other, get our minds off it all for a bit."

Moving on already? No, not at all. Just... having someone around, getting to know someone, spending a little time not trapped in his own head. He tries for casual, for not asking for a date date, just a little get together. Because he doesn't view it as a proper date.

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2016 23:06:35 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 23:15:11 GMT -6 »

While Savaak has done and enjoyed causal meet ups before, she has also seen Aaron high on LSD and desperate for any sort of fix to whatever was tearing him apart. She's not sure he's found it yet.

"Are you going to be up for it?" It's an honest question.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 19, 2016 23:31:23 GMT -6 »

He's Aaron, not Napstablook

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It'll be nice to get my mind off everything for a while."

He hasn't found a fix, not even close. That trip was the closest to actual happiness he's had in about a month and he's not sure there is a fix except one thing that, lately, seems about as likely as him bench pressing Mount Everest. Heroics and preparation and throwing himself into other people's problems instead of his own, that's been the closest thing to letting some of the pain disappear for a little bit. It's also why he doesn't think of this as an actual date. 

Still, he doesn't show any of that in his expression, tries not to let it slip into his body language. She doesn't need to know how badly he's hurting, and so she gets a smile instead.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 20, 2016 1:04:51 GMT -6 »

Savaak watches him sort through his thoughts before answers, offering him a smile in return. It's not like she hasn't gone out on outings with people since coming to Paradigm, let alone before. Some were even out of sympathy, which is apparently what Aaron needed. She wasn't sure what he expected, but she could try to distract him for a bit and return if it ended up a flop.

"I'm sure we can come up with something."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 20, 2016 1:25:55 GMT -6 »

"Sounds good to me."

Something, anything. Just nowhere he'd taken Sarah. Nothing he'd done with her. He'd break and Savaak would see it and she would hate him.

Somewhere that would let him act happy, like he has no problems. That's actually difficult, good thing he said "not today". He's still wearing the smile though, trying to look like everything's normal. Just a guy asking a girl for some of her time before stepping into Hell. Here comes the hard part, though.

"I can email or text you an idea later, maybe? Or swing by your pod? So we can figure it out when we've rested up."

Since he doesn't have her number, the asking for it is implied. He's not sure he knows her pod off the top of his head either.

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2016 1:26:30 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 20, 2016 1:39:51 GMT -6 »

"Sure." Savaak shrugs and rattles off her phone number when he's ready.

Last person to swing by her pod was the Genomorph, who didn't like either of them. She doesn't want to know what other kind of luck is headed her way. She does feel a bit like she's treating a kicked puppy, but he's not the first. Maybe they have a good time and he pulls out of whatever funk he's in, or maybe not. If not, he won't be the first she's had to discourage.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 20, 2016 1:52:09 GMT -6 »

He plugs in the number like someone wholly used to getting girls' numbers. Then he nods, giving her another, slightly warmer smile as he puts the phone back in his pocket.

"Thanks, I'll get in touch soon."

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe they'd have fun, maybe he'd feel something. He'd at least try, if he wasn't going to even bother he wouldn't've asked her.

Just try not to think of it as a date, Aaron. Or the need for some kind of companionship before you go out and risk death.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 20, 2016 2:44:29 GMT -6 »

"Sure. See you around, Silverman." She gives a small wave before turning to return to her pod and sleep. The dying was one thing, but the rest was more draining.

Either way, it sounded like things might get interesting before she left for war.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Dark and Light (Savaak)
« Feb 20, 2016 2:59:41 GMT -6 »

The next time someone calls him "Silverman," he has half a mind to grab them by the throat and scream his first name in their face so they goddamn use it. Savaak is spared that, however! She looks so tired, anyone would be after all that.

...He is, too, but going back to his pod means so many things he doesn't want to do. Or see. Or think about. Besides, his fatigue, his feelings, any pain he felt, none of that matters. So he heads into the school, seeing as he has other people to check on anyway.

Quick Reply