Author Topic: Take A Kid To Work Day! (Nicky black ops, Aaron) (Read 1,572 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Take A Kid To Work Day! (Nicky black ops, Aaron)
« Mar 20, 2016 21:08:01 GMT -6 »

AND THAT HURT MORE

Aaron's a tough guy, he's been building up his body for as long as he can remember for this job and he's taken far worse. But that still really goddamn hurt, and knocked the wind out of him for a second, as he lets out something between a grunt, a gasp and an angry yell. Especially since, oh shit, the building is still falling.

Okay, don't panic. He feels the soldier's weight shifting as the impact throws him off balance, so he thrashes back and forth quickly to destabilise him further before covering himself in a small cloud of hardened darkness as quickly as he can, aiming to flow up between himself and the soldier! Right where the soldier's feet are touching him, the darkness will fire straight upwards to knock him off and fling him away, before it speeds off to try to carry Aaron away from the collapsing building!

[COMM]: "In a bit of a jam here! Building's coming down on me!"

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 21:18:36 GMT -6 »

Chazz sidesteps, throwing his own yellow lightning towards Nicky with a grin.

"Why not, babe?"

Zack looks up, sees Val, and waves!

Aaron pushes the soldier off balance, who ends up toppling forwards as he shifts his weight, grabbing on to Aaron's leg! The two of them are being pulled out from under the building, but they're clearly not going to make it in time!

Nicky-Lee Young
Hero
Paradigm Black Ops

Nicky-Lee Young Avatar

[color=darkgreen]WOOP WOOP! Pull over dat ass too fat![/color]

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 21:46:34 GMT -6 »

Nicky's arm would frost over and she'd swipe at the beam.

"You know I'm married~." she says, raising her hand as hundred of ice spikes form overhead before she sends them raining down on him.

Aaron's comm distracts her however, and she does frown and turn to see where he is.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 21:56:58 GMT -6 »

[COMMS]: "You have a massive shadow, Aaron, smarter not harder. Trying to find you."

She tries to say this with a calm urgency to not make him panic. She conjures a lasso to try grabbing Zack with, so she can steal a glimpse of finding out where Aaron is.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 22:33:17 GMT -6 »

[COMM]: "It's falling too quickly, look for the advancing shadow where I'm gunning for the side, far left! You'll see it heading up for the spot with the most space, tendrils poking out! I can't get out all the way in time I think!"

Whether the soldier holds on or not, Aaron is solidifying the darkness covering himself to be as hard and fast as possible, pushing himself forwards as quickly as he can possibly will the hardened cloud to move towards the far left side, where the collapse is slowest and there's the most free space. He also shoots tendrils out from the front of the cloud, digging into the ground outside of the collapse area and pulling him as hard as possible to get to freedom! The cloud will lift upwards just a little bit, to keep the soldier from digging in his heels or anything to slow Aaron down! The topmost portion of it also raises up and hardens as much as he can get it to while focussing on getting out, like a protective shell - if the collapse gets too close, it'll come up against that and be held up at least briefly, buying him more time instead of if it basically came down right on top of his back.

Come on, please, not like this...

[COMM]: "Get me out of here, I don't know if I can make it! Do a time slowdown on the building or something! PLEASE!"

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 23:03:57 GMT -6 »

Chazz makes a face, then starts dashing towards her, becoming another bolt and bouncing off the spikes on his way to Nicky!

Val throws her lasso, and Zack's wave is cut short! He frowns, and the lasso falls apart around him, once again giving Valencia the feeling that her power is being disrupted somehow.

Aaron starts pulling himself along, and the soldier with him! Further and further he goes, even as debris crashes around him, the structure losing its integrity. He can see the threshold of safety just ahead of him, as well as the swiftly approaching brick and mortar just above him.

His head crosses the threshold. Then his shoulders. More and more of Aaron makes it, his upper torso, his hips.

Then the building hits the street. The soldier is crushed underneath. And so are Aaron's legs.

Nicky-Lee Young
Hero
Paradigm Black Ops

Nicky-Lee Young Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 23:09:21 GMT -6 »

Nicky's brows furrow as the building lands. At this point, there's nothing she can do with whatever happened.

At which point she realizes she's ignored a pretty silent Chazz, and whips her head around to see where he went.

If she's quick enough to see she'll try to block him with her ice-covered arm.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 23:23:47 GMT -6 »

Valencia sighs through her teeth. Too late for the time slow... He should've asked sooner... SHE could've done it sooner... All this because she was in the wrong form. She hoped Aaron got out in time.

And lo, her lasso got disconnected like the bees before. This is awkward. Her shoulders sink as she looks at Zack.

"Want me to drop a building on you too?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 23:29:23 GMT -6 »

That is so incredibly painful, Aaron can't even scream. His eyes bug out and the world goes white, even as he feels his shadow cloud try to hold up the building just a little longer so his legs can get free. And that poor, poor soldier is... probably not much more than jelly down there, but he doesn't much have the wherewithal to think about that.

He's been hurt, he's felt pain, but he's never taken a hit like this. And now that he's alive again, he's going to have to apologise at some point for freaking out over the comms. Once he has some semblance of breath back, Aaron looks around to survey the area, trying to calm himself by doing a quick analysis for any threats, or if he can see what the others are up to!

[COMM]: "...Good news, I'm still alive. Bad news, there's a building on my legs. I'll try to break free somehow and help you guys out. My... ow... shadows can move me around until I get fixed up. Sorry for panicking."

Theoretically? He knows what to do. In practise who knows if it's that easy - first comes making sure he isn't about to get dropped on again.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 20, 2016 23:45:02 GMT -6 »

As Nicky turns around, she manages to bat the lightning off to the side, sending it bouncing off another wall and heading further down the street! Chazz whips back into existance, landing on top of the frozen soldier from earlier. He looks around for a moment, confused, before suddenly grinning and heading further down the street, back the way Nicky and he had come from.

Zack furrows his brow, then shakes his head.

"I'd really rather you didn't. To be honest, I'd rather you guys ran, but... so far you don't seem the running type. And I guess I owe you for capturing me before."

Aaron, with his legs crushed from above the knees downwards by an entire building, is in far too much pain to look around for threats or even speak in his comm. In fact, it's a wonder he's even awake at the moment, though that certainly won't last long.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:04:44 GMT -6 »

It was entirely possible he'd gone into shock or something, to be fair! He basically flops a little, gasping for breath, which might be on the comm for all he knows, and trying to will himself to stay awake, to draw up some more power. To maybe look about himself, even just moving his eyes or turning his head just a little.

To prove he's not useless. He's trying to see if he can even form a coherent enough mental image, though the pain, to imagine what he's trying to do. Let's let step one be simple. He thinks about the air around him and tries to imagine it getting a little darker.

Nicky-Lee Young
Hero
Paradigm Black Ops

Nicky-Lee Young Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:11:12 GMT -6 »

She takes a brief moment of satisfaction at tossing him like a bitch. Once she sees him grin and start to run off, she starts trying to rain down sharp ice at him.

"What is that prick doing?" she mumbles.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:23:32 GMT -6 »

"You owe me?"

Valencia is confused. You can almost see her weighing the option of dive tackling Zack.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:27:02 GMT -6 »

"...because you suffocated me into unconsciousness?"

Zack frowns even more.

"The fact you don't remember just makes it worse."

Chazz gets caught in the shoulder, which is enough to tip him off that he's being attacked as he runs. He blasts through the ice again, another bolt of electricity heading down the street.

Until he reforms next to Aaron's body.

Nicky-Lee Young
Hero
Paradigm Black Ops

Nicky-Lee Young Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:32:45 GMT -6 »

"What the hell?!"

She's not used to him ignoring her, but she's too far to see what he's trying to do.

So she teleports towards the rubble he's heading for, wherever it's piled on the highest so she can have a vantage point.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:42:13 GMT -6 »

Aaron's barely conscious, trying to stay awake and breathing. He tries to think happy thoughts, not indulging the fear or the pain. Think about birthdays or his parents or early classes or Sarah before things got wrong. He's trying to dredge up any strength he can to stay in this, to do anything.

If he notices the flash of electricity, the figure appearing out of it next to him, that becomes harder. Come on, someone, do something...

"Aaron? I love you."

It's hard to tell "barely conscious" from "unconscious" or "dead" sometimes, in all the chaos, so he tries to take advantage of that by going still, trying to think past the fear and pain as much as he can to build up strength, to see if he can get in touch with any power at all. Maybe Chazz won't realise he's still in this.

He won't be worthless. He won't be just a victim.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 0:44:25 GMT -6 »

"Oh OH!! Wow, that was a really long time ago..."

Her broom lowers. She looks Zack up and down, pretending to "elevator eyes" when really she's trying to figure out the tech that's stopping her warping.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:05:11 GMT -6 »

Nicky poofs on top of the ruined building, getting a good view of Chazz putting his foot on Aaron's back.

"Alright! If you want the kid to live, you guys gotta surrender."

Chazz proclaims loudly!

Zack looks confused.

"What are you doing? Stop that."

He doesn't look like he has anything on him!

Nicky-Lee Young
Hero
Paradigm Black Ops

Nicky-Lee Young Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:10:30 GMT -6 »

Nicky curses under her breath.

"There's all sorts of problems with that." Nicky calls down on him.

"Including the fact Val and I are worth more than that kid, and that he looks pretty dead already."

She says that while raising her hand like she's preparing to attack him again.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:11:01 GMT -6 »

Aaron plays dead, trying not to let Chazz feel his breathing, his fear, his pain.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:14:28 GMT -6 »

Valencia turns towards the declaration.

Aaron was alive. Shit. Play dead as well as you can, Aaron...

She keeps looking at Zack. She checks his side.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:19:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

Zack has a beautiful side, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Chazz snorts.

"Is he? Should I just take this kids head too, like those other trainees you've had?"

He lifts his foot off Aaron's back, then brings it down hard.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:26:54 GMT -6 »

Aaron has a lot of discipline and training, and he's already barely conscious from pain. He doesn't move or let himself cry out. Even though a) that really hurt, and b) hearing the conversation going on right next to him makes him even more terrified.

If he hadn't been here, this mission would be perfect. Well, except for the part where it was a trap. He came to show he's worth something, and in the end, only proved he really is nothing but a liability. But he keeps playing dead.

Mom, Dad, Sarah. I'm so sorry for everything.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:30:07 GMT -6 »

She flies up to be within Nicky's view. She puts her hands on her hips with her fingers pointed towards her back. She holds up four fingers to give her an idea of what she's planning to do, and watches Chazz as intently as possible.

Nicky-Lee Young
Hero
Paradigm Black Ops

Nicky-Lee Young Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 21, 2016 1:33:13 GMT -6 »

The twitch of her brow would be enough to show the sting of that comment. Still, as usual she tried to seem indifferent.

"I wouldn't if I were you. You'll have his parents showing up everywhere I go, too."

She notices Val, but tries not to show any sign of it giving a subtle nod and playing if off as she runs her hand through her hair.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2016 1:40:00 GMT -6 by Nicky-Lee Young » Back to Top  

Quick Reply