Author Topic: Organic Paper (Open) (Read 543 times)
Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[color=FFD700]I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.[/color]

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 26, 2016 23:24:56 GMT -6 »

Jude sat around on one of the numerous benches scattered throughout the campus, a cigarette burning between his lips. His arms were thrown back over the back end of the bench and he seemed to be staring absently into the sky. One day in, his hand was already sewn up, his side was completely fine and he wasn't at all concerned with any other situation. Next to him lay a pad of sketch paper and a little pencil, obviously well used, but the pad was opened to a completely blank page. It was a beautiful twilight, and since it was his first day/night there, he was going to enjoy the show the sun and moon put on for him. Even if it was only going to be the once.

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016 23:26:15 GMT -6 by Jude O'Connor » Back to Top  

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 27, 2016 16:23:28 GMT -6 »

Well, this kid definitely wasn't old enough to smoke.

It'd been a long day of running errands, getting a savings account set up and other various things his mom had been reminding him to do from back home so he could set up his future or whatnot. Now he was heading through the campus with no other purpose than to go back to his pod, maybe relax, take a shower, sift through Evie's horror movie selection and finally go to bed. He could take his time about it, though, no more deadlines.

So of course, on the way, he found somebody of interest. Being a non-smoker, Josh decided stand near the far side of the bench, hands stuffed in his pockets in the usual pose of comfort. His eyes let themselves wander to the blank paper, then to the quiet, staring boy.

"So. Whatcha gonna draw?"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[color=FFD700]I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.[/color]

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 27, 2016 17:41:43 GMT -6 »

Jude's head rolled toward the direction of the voice.

"Drawing?" Jude looked down toward his sketchpad.

"Oh yeah, that, not so sure, I just got here. I'm Jude, sup?" He asked, with a crooked smile on his face.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 27, 2016 18:51:16 GMT -6 »

"Forgot all about it, huh? Fair. It's a great sunset out tonight! No way you'd capture that with just a pencil, though. You'd need like, paint for that, huh?"

An extended hand came forth, but Josh was visibly trying to avoid the smoke. "Josh. Um, 'sup?"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 27, 2016 23:40:58 GMT -6 »

"Ya can't capture the sun or the moon bro, not with pen, not with pencil, nor any other medium, they're just to real."

Jude grinned up at Josh with a smile.

"You know where I could snag a spliff?"

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 28, 2016 10:49:57 GMT -6 »

Josh looked up to the sky, focusing on the point over the horizon where the sun must have just dipped over and the sky remained just a bit brighter than the rest. It sure was pretty, there was no arguing that.

"Sure. As soon as I figure out what a spliff is."

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 28, 2016 12:05:54 GMT -6 »

"Hey, don't worry about it man. It's all good. What brings you to Paradigm?"

Jude kept his gaze on Josh.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 28, 2016 17:14:59 GMT -6 »

"Work, mostly. Messed up and let it slip I had powers during high school." Josh forced himself to smirk, still looking skyward. That was a fun football game until that happened.

"Once the jig was up, I finished school and then went to Paradigm when they contact me. I can put my abilities to good use here, it's just a matter of playing catch-up." Josh looked back, appraising Jude just a little bit.

"You've gotta be younger than me. Are you a student here?"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 28, 2016 17:58:49 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Yeah, just arrived yesterday. Nice place, nice digs, some of the folks are good some bad, same as anywhere I suppose."

Jude shrugged nonchalantly.

"Takin the good with the bad. What's this place like when no one is babysitting?"

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 29, 2016 2:14:31 GMT -6 »

"I'unno what you mean." Josh's stomach rumbled. Blue wizard needed food badly, or something like that. He guessed he'd be more akin to the knight, what with the shield. He could ponder which Gauntlet class he'd be later.

"I guess the same as usual? I happen to know at least twelve good restaurants less than five minutes walking off-campus, so I guess if you ever need something great to eat, I'm your man!" Josh laughed to himself. "And my roommates are fantastic. Guess I wouldn't know a thing 'bout yours, though."

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 29, 2016 9:54:29 GMT -6 via mobile »

Jude laughed when he mentioned his roommates being nice. "You got lucky then man my roommate is... Weird." Good to not insult anyone besides dickhead yet.

"I'm game to grab a meal with ya sometime if it's not a bother." He smiled towards him pulling off a piece of paper, he'd scribble his number down on it before handing it off to Josh.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 29, 2016 10:42:13 GMT -6 »

"Of course it wouldn't be a bother. I offered!" Josh snatched up the paper between two fingers, gave it a cursory look, then drew out his wallet so he could keep the number in a safe place.

"You mentioned some bad folks?"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 29, 2016 21:51:09 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, that guy I met in the combat assessment, thinks it's cool to hit little fuckin' girls. Punched him in the back of the fucking head."

Jude scowled, obviously unhappy with the brawl ending.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 29, 2016 22:56:02 GMT -6 »

Oooooh. Mr. Antrum.

"Yeah, Mr. Antrum is..." Josh hissed inwardly, thinking about how to put it. "I feel like... it's his JOB to be kind of a jerk. He's representative of Paradigm's desire to see what we're truly made of, what they're workin' with to make us true agents." He turned his head to actually face Jude, doing his best not to focus on the whole 'smoking' thing. Darn, he nearly forgot about that. Still, time and a place. Time and a place.

"I'unno what the spiel is for students, but going in as an agent, he immediately told me that the goal was to make him bleed or he'd put me in the hospital. Did he say the same to you?"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 30, 2016 1:12:17 GMT -6 via mobile »

Jude took a long drag from his cigarette and nodded.

"Yeah, said make him bleed or he'll hospitalize me. Fucker destroyed my knife in the process bent it down into my hand and wrist. God damn prick..."

Jude's scowl became far more angry. Not only was he not a fan of him. He intended to go and kick the shit out of him the first opportunity he got.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 30, 2016 17:40:02 GMT -6 »

"Heh... I guess we've got a ton to learn, am I right?" Josh leaned on a nearby lamppost as to appear casual without getting too close to that cigarette. "Believe me. I know. If I screw up, I've got a bunch of lives ridin' on me... but noooo pressure!" He laughed at his own little joke, even though he wasn't necessarily kidding. Not entirely, anyways.

"So, what can you do? Shoot laser beams from your eyes? Puke lava? Fart lightning?" Josh asked, grinning.

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 30, 2016 19:10:55 GMT -6 »

Jude thought for a moment about lives riding on his shoulders. There was only one life riding on his shoulders that he gave even the slightest of damns about.

"Nah, nothing so flashy."

The torn piece of paper from his sketchpad, tore itself free from the pad and floated over to Jude's outstretched hand, folding and bending itself until it was shaped like a water lily.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 30, 2016 20:16:14 GMT -6 »

"I... huh."

Josh rubbed a finger under his nose in pensiveness. "Well, I'll give you one thing, that sure is pretty as far as powers go. I bet with enough imagination, that could be really scary! ... Unless it's raining, I guess." He smirked and winked; no harm meant to Jude, after all.

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 2:08:20 GMT -6 via mobile »

Jude chuckled a bit leaning back again to fi ish his smoke, clicking it over and into the grass.

"Or something is on fire, how bout you J. What is it that you can do?"

As he asked the flower unfolded and refolded itself into a little soldier that marched across the top of the bench.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 12:05:31 GMT -6 »

"Y'know the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four?" Josh asked, though he immediately chased the statement. "... Yeah, I can't turn invisible, but I can do the OTHER thing she does, which is like... make shields. Though I dunno if I'm using hard light to make 'em, or if it's like... ectoplasm, or what." Josh shrugged.

"All I know is I make barriers and they stop things and they can whack things. Mostly a defensive power." His eyes followed the little soldier as he made his way across the bench. "Now that I think about it, this seems pretty useful. You could have a bunch of these little guys sneak all over a building or something!"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 12:30:20 GMT -6 via mobile »

Jude tilted his head a bit. Shields? His brow furrowed a bit as he thought about powers in general. What was the limit on the human body and mind?

"That is actually pretty cool, does it work in two directions?"

He asked more than a bit curiously.

« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2016 12:34:01 GMT -6 by Jude O'Connor » Back to Top  

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 14:07:48 GMT -6 »

Josh pulled one hand out of his pocket to scratch the tip of his nose with a frown.

"Two directions? Whaddaya mean by that?" There were still lots of nuances about his shields he had yet to figure out despite possessing his powers for... pretty much his entire life, due to the years he spent not using them. He felt like once he got some clarification he could field this question, though.

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 14:21:47 GMT -6 »

The little soldier walked back over toward Josh and stopped at the edge of the bench saluting him.

"Is it like a pane of glass, things can't go through either side, or is it like one way glass, things are only blocked from on side?"

Jude was a terrible teacher, and much worse at explaining things to anyone but Dillon, how to explain platforms and cages to Josh, he had no idea.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 14:26:35 GMT -6 »

"Ooooh, I gotcha. It's a two-way deal," Josh said. He put his hands back in his pockets and shrugged. "Sorry to disappoint, since that cuts off like... tons of strategic possibilities. Maybe one day if I can shape them better, I can make like... a riot shield. Stick a little hole in there so people can go 'pew pew pew' with whatever they've got."

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[send pm]

Organic Paper (Open)
« Mar 31, 2016 15:37:16 GMT -6 »

Jude raised a brow and his paper soldier just unfolded itself and slid Jude's pocket.

"Why sorry man? I ain't got nothin' against ya. You wanna hit a food joint?"

He asked, curious and more than a bit hungry.

Quick Reply