Author Topic: Wandering (Tyler) (Read 259 times)
Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 15, 2015 23:55:59 GMT -6 »

Somehow, Rebecca had developed a need to wander, which she completely blamed on her roommates and the utter lack of ability to have a quiet space.  As it was, she was roaming the halls, waiting for something to catch her attention.  One earbud hang free so she could hear whatever was happening around her, the other filling her ear with the dark, spooky music.

The mp3 player was probably laughable to most, a tiny thing that fit even in girl's jeans pocets easily and wasn't a part of any phone software.  It also meant she didn't have to worry about phone hacks suddenly playing random music at her, like the conga bots.

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2015 0:04:18 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:06:17 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Or did she?

As she turned a corner she would find that her MP3 player would start playing rather upbeat hip hop music.

Silas sat in an empty classroom down the hall on a desk in the doorway so he could peer out into the hallway to gauge the response of his test, looking down at his holo computer.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:16:51 GMT -6 »

The hell? Rebecca stops and pulls out her player with a frown, possibly disgusted depending on the song. She tries to skip over it, just in case it's some weird glitch or it picked up body heat through the fabric of her clothes.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:19:59 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Fuck tha Police" by NWA.

It still displays whatever song she was listening to prior, however. It changes the display when she presses it, but the song stays the same.

If she looks up ahead she can see Silas lighted by his holo screen.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:28:47 GMT -6 »

Definitely not her style. Rebecca does indeed look up, especially since looking down does her no good. Her eyes narrow at the sight of Silas with a holoscreen, which would normally pique her curiosity. No one else is around for her to pin the blame on, so she walks into the empty classroom with a look that almost burns a hole in his head.

"I suppose I have you to thank for this." She raises her player as she speaks, agitation sharpening her words.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:33:51 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He seems unphased, looking up with a look as passive as his tone!

"Yep. Testing some new hacking strategies based on a meta here."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:41:59 GMT -6 »

"The strategy of tasteless music?" She blinks at the broad statement. Having not met Silas's nemesis, she isn't entirely sure what he wants. His attitude doesn't really help her aggravation, but she hasn't found a way to channel it yet, so he gets an expectant look instead.

"Speaking of which, you can change it back now. My toys aren't yours."

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:44:50 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Via radio waves rather than net or cloud access."

He hops off the desk, switching it off despite his next words.

"I think I just proved they are."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 0:55:59 GMT -6 »

His attitude leaves Rebecca wanting to show him what else isn't his - like a half rotted designer shirt. She looks down at her player like she expects a blue hedgehog to appear, then back to the guy with an unimpressed look.

"And I could prove fancy name brands are the same as Wal*Mart knock offs, in the end." She presses her lips together, not entirely sure what she thinks of this guy. Other than he's pretentious and annoying, anyway. Then again, she's survived Clyde.

"So this other meta, what, hijacked something of yours?"

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:02:33 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He snorts in response to the first comment. How wrong she was, but it was too pretentious a topic to talk about, even for him.

"Yes. Along with the robots from orientation. And destroyed my phone."

Oh how he hates her.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:12:46 GMT -6 »

She raises her brows in challenge at his snort, though he wouldn't like the results. He reminded of some of the kids she went out of her way to avoid in junior high and highschool, and she's beginning to remember why. They never cared about anything other than themselves and their own whims.

"So that was them." She nods slightly, remembering the rumbling ruckus that the robots invited, but not anyone who stood out as the reason they had acted so strangely.

"So...what? Hijack other people's stuff to make yourself feel better while you're at it and hope they don't already know what you're trying? Because that's clearly working."

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:21:22 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Hardly." He snorts again.

"That's far too petty a reason. I'm learning to adapt new approaches based on the learning experiences here. They do require field tests."

He pauses.

"But if depressing people made me happy I certainly know where to go now." He looks her up and down.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:30:15 GMT -6 »

She opens her mouth to speak, but closes it after a second of silence. Definitely the sort she stayed away from before, and the mockery over her appearance stings. Sure, not everyone's going to get along, but it didn't take much for him to go for a cheap blow to try and insult her.

She laughed as she thumbed the edge of one glove, the sound mocking. It looked like she was trying to remove it due to a material discomfort, rather than pull it off completely. She didn't need that. Strange how she'd done this more in the past week than she had in how many years? Oh well. This guy was in a school for metas. He'd learn to deal with other powers, though at the moment she assumed his was extreme snark or possible stick-up-the ass syndrome.

"Please don't tell me that was supposed to hurt, rich boy. You wouldn't have to go any further than looking in a mirror to get your jollies off on sadness. Though I'm sure we could find some emos with a bit of effort if you really need a boost."

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2015 1:33:17 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:33:26 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Rich boy." He repeats, eyebrow arched.

"I bet you think you have me pegged, right? You know my 'type.'" He air quotes.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:35:20 GMT -6 »

"And you know me?" She lifts her hands in the air, roughly shoulder height. "Oh, please, do go on. Depressing, am I? Or is it depressed? Because I wear dark clothes and makeup? Don't make me laugh. Do you think I listen to My Chemical Romance and write angsty poetry in a journal? Or maybe I'm off to go have tea with Satan at three?"

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:42:52 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He stands there patiently through her rant, waiting several seconds after she's finished before replying.

"I think you shut yourself away from people because you're afraid what you can do to them. Understandable, seeing as I know you killed who was probably the last friend you've ever had."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:49:24 GMT -6 »

Whatever she was expecting from him, it wasn't that. Probably foolish, in hindsight, since he had already mentioned hacking in several ways. The point was moot.

The color drained from her already pale face as her hands slowly fell to her sides, her dark eyes staring at him with a mix of horror, rage, and disbelief. Then her cheeks flushed pink as the emotion took over, her voice dropping with a sharp tone.

"And just how do you know that?" She was shaking, but she didn't notice or care.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 1:56:55 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"It was probably very traumatic." He states void of compassion or mockery, sidestepping her question.

"What I'm curious about is how you were received immediately after. I know you were ostracized, but we're you charged with the death? Did you father look at you the same?" Again the questions don't hold a mocking tone, though it likely does little to take the sting out of them.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:06:32 GMT -6 »

The only thing that's saved Silas from getting punched in the face is Rebecca's shock, which is fading quickly as he asks his questions. For all they weren't mocking in tone, his words still stirred up painful memories, and she did not intend to let him get his answers vicariously.

"Fuck your curiosity," she snarls, taking a step towards him. "Congratulations, you know how to hack and find records on people here. You get to know the things they'd rather keep personal, as long as you have access to the right data." Another step.

"Well, guess what. I'm not data, and my personal experiences are not open to everyone and anyone who wants to satiate their curiosity. You ever think there are things people don't want to talk about? That there might be reasons for it?" Her voice rose with each question. She swallowed, reigning in her volume, but not the anger behind it.

"Fuck your curiosity."

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2015 2:07:03 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:15:35 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Of course I know that. I just don't care." He snickers at the thought of being considered someone who didn't understand social norms. Of course he understood it. He understood everything.

"And neither will the people we are going to come across. If I was religious I'd pray you get thicker skin soon. It's unnerving to think someone as emotionally unstable as you could be watching my back out there."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:21:30 GMT -6 »

Rebecca throws a punch at him with her fully gloved hand!

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:25:18 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He wasn't the type to let people vent their emotions on him.

He takes a step back, letting the punch pass right in front of his face.

"...see?"

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:41:55 GMT -6 »

Equal amounts of time feeling and repressing those very emotions warred inside her as she straightened. Normally she didn't lash out, but apparently this guy was going to be a special case. Maybe even because he was right, though she was utterly in denial of the idea. In that moment, he was just another bully who knew more than others.

"This is just an experiment to you, isn't it?" She glares and stops, only a couple feet away from him. She's not ready to swing again, though that could change.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:46:22 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Guilty."

He lets a smirk crawl onto his face.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

Wandering (Tyler)
« Oct 16, 2015 2:54:19 GMT -6 »

"..." She straightens further, her expression falling flat at his admission. Sadistic bastard. She needed space more than ever, just to get that expression out of her vicinity.

"I think the experiment is done today." She quickly steps forward and reaches out to grab his shirt with her partially exposed hand - and hold on.

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2015 2:54:54 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Quick Reply