Author Topic: Aaron Still Likes to Train (re-Mat-ch) (Read 207 times)
Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Aaron Still Likes to Train (re-Mat-ch)
« Nov 14, 2015 11:06:21 GMT -6 »

The stone spear would break off where Aaron was holding it, releasing Mathew from his own grip as he began to sink into the ground once more. The tendril's of shadow working their way into his nose as he sunk lower and lower into the ground.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 14:12:59 GMT -6 »

Ow ow ow ow ow!

He bites down on the inside of his cheek and tries to fight back the pain, working the tendrils further up Mat's nose! He has to be really careful, because if he pushes them too far or expands them too much he could end up really hurting Mat, so despite the anger and bits of fear - and he'd been goddamn stabbed so it was really rich trying "not to hurt anyone" - from the wound, he keeps a tight rein on his power so it doesn't get out of hand. Even if Mat got into the ground, Aaron could at least make it uncomfortable for him by shutting off his air for a while.

He'd obviously lose the grip on him once he escaped into the floor, though, so if Mat was able to sink all the way in even with the shadow on his face, Aaron would let go and focus on trying to get the stone spear out of him, bringing up the sides of the platform to shield him from view.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 18:46:53 GMT -6 »

He was able to get under ground and he could even feel the shadow shatter around Mathew's face.

The spear was able to be worked out!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 18:52:09 GMT -6 »

Okay, that could use more work then. If he could strengthen the shadows, make them more able to trap people, that'd let him counter people who could do stuff like Mat's doing.

But right now, perhaps understandably, he's more focussed on the stone spear lodged in him. Taking a deep breath, he steadies himself, counts to three, and works some shadowy tendrils in for leverage before he pulls.

The world goes white with pain for a long second, but he gets it out and tosses it over the side of the platform, filling the wound with solid darkness to try to plug up the bleeding for the moment and keep bits of his clothes out of it.

He has to get used to this kind of pain. Out in the field, there are people willing to do worse.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 18:54:24 GMT -6 »

The plug kind of works. But he can feel blood seeping around it still. Plus the damage inside. Mathew would appear on the other side of Aaron.

"We're done for today. Get your ass patched up."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 18:59:24 GMT -6 »

"Yeah. Good idea."

Well, as long as the blood's kept in control and he's keeping foreign stuff out of the wound, the plug is doing its job. He'll leave the rest to actual doctors. The platform slowly lowers to the ground, with Aaron still on it, and he forces himself to sit up. He'll need a moment to take a breath before getting to his feet, that really hurt.

"I really need to come up with a strategy for you. You're immune to most of my best stuff."

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 19:00:16 GMT -6 »

He holds up his stone arm.

"Imagine the people that can fuck me up then."

Aaron better come up with better strategies is what he was trying to say.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 19:04:06 GMT -6 »

"I meant a specific one. It's pretty obvious lately I have to tailor my fighting to who my opponent is, instead of hoping all the same stuff works equally."

But Aaron does know exactly what Mat means! "As for those guys, they're why I keep coming to you. I train hard enough, learn well enough from you, and I'll be able to beat 'em."

Having had a second to catch his breath, he forces himself to his feet! He looks embarrassed that Mat can see him wince from the effort.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 19:05:47 GMT -6 »

He grunted.

"Then I expect something new from you next time."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 19:09:25 GMT -6 »

"Oh, you will. Maybe I'll have a better answer to that question of yours, too."

Aaron gives him a smile and a thumbs up, and heads out! 

Quick Reply