Author Topic: Shots Taken [Open] (Read 273 times)
Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 2, 2015 14:18:45 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

Bee finished putting together her gun after a quick inspection. Just ensuring it was clean, and wiping it down. She sat, cross-legged on a bench, muffles hanging around her neck, and slid the clip back into place. Safety on, she bounced to her feet with a grin and pivoted to pick up her spares.

Twisting back, she hit the button to send the target out and arranged the clips in front of her to her satisfaction. Muffs up, safety off, relax, breathe...aim, fire!

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 3, 2015 23:35:07 GMT -6 »

"You're not a bad shot."

Ken was sitting behind her, having entered as she finished reloading and taken a seat. He didn't have a gun, opting to watch rather than participate.

"I'm not very fond of guns. My father owned too many, and put too much emphasis on learning them. Finding out the gun he taught me with was the one he shot my mother with was the last straw for me."

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 3, 2015 23:56:15 GMT -6 »

Bianca's shoulders twitch, followed by her upper torso. She lowers her hands and gun and turns to eye BK a little, blinking quickly.

"Thanks..!" She's pretty sure that's a decent compliment, coming from him. Her brow furrows a little as she listens to the rest...and she sighs a little. "...I'm...I'm so sorry about your mom."

Her chest felt like it had a vice around it, just thinking of if either parent actually turned against the other.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:00:15 GMT -6 »

He shrugged.

"Was a few years ago, I'm moving forward."

Not that he's moved on or is over it. He fully intended to exact his revenge on his father at a later time. It wasn't something he could be impatient about- he had to go about it methodically. He had to be patient. He would give Bianca a smile.

"You a big gun girl?"

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:10:25 GMT -6 »

"Still."

It couldn't be easy. She knew it, well, without 'knowing' it.

She then grins a little.

"Guns, tech, toys. You see...a weapon is just a weapon, it's the person that wields them that determines if its purpose winds up being for 'good' or 'evil'. They can save a friend or family member's life just as easily as you can take a life. I'd rather have my bases covered, than squander an opportunity to do the former." She inhales softly. "...so I guess you could say so. But I'm not reliant on them, either."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:16:20 GMT -6 »

He nodded, thoughtful.

"What caliber of bullet you got there?"

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:27:41 GMT -6 »

"This one..?" She flipped the safety back on before offering it to him, her hands relinquishing her standard hold. "Nine millimeter, Beretta. I've got a fourty-five Glock, too, but, this is what I'm working with at the moment."

She shifts a little.

"...I'll be moving up, too. Or I'll need to be, anyway."

But these were hers, and held a bit of a sentimental value, judging by her tone.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:31:46 GMT -6 »

Ken would take the beretta and release the clip, catching it and setting it next to him. He whipped by the slide and popped the bullet out, catching it too. Then, pressing and holding the button on the side he flipped the lock switch and pulled the slider off, removing the spring and pin before flipping the latch and removing the barrel. He held it up to the light and stared down it, letting out a pleased up.

"Tread is great. Spiral is clean and clear. It's been kept up beautifully."

He would put it back together just as quickly, cocking it and handing it to her before walking over and jumping the ball. He'd stroll down the range, ignoring warnings before turning around at the same distance she shot the dummy paper. He would take off his shirt and point at her, then at his chest.

"There is a big difference between shooting paper and shooting a person. Put one right here. In my heart."

He seemed dead serious.

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:39:14 GMT -6 »

Bee watches, fascinated he seemed to know his way around a gun. And then...duh, his dad? Right? She stands in a relaxed but attentive manner and can't help the slight warmth at his praise.

"Thank you." She smiles and accepts the gun after he puts it together just as efficiently as he dismantled it.

Things started to go wonky after that, however, as he hopped into the firing range. She darted over, eyes wide, wondering what the heck he was doing?! Her eyes were wide and her face paled a little as she tore the muffle off the rest of the way, having it hang around the back of her neck.

"What are you doing?! I'm not just gonna open fire on you and try to kill you! You don't have a vest on--what's your power?!"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:44:33 GMT -6 »

He shook his head.

"Nah girl. You want to be an agent and pretend at being badass so you can feel ready- this right here is ready. My power doesn't matter. I want you to put one in my chest."

Ken would be full of apologies once this was done but he had seen what happened before. With Evie. She wanted to be a hero and was traumatized for it. Nearly killed. Dozens died....she had to be ready to kill, right?

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:51:33 GMT -6 »

Bianca's blue eyes narrowed and fired up as she set the gun very firmly down on the ledge, then planted her hands and leaned forward, staring down the lane at him.

"Nah. Nah bro, you listen up. You wanna be a badass and tell me to shoot you, fine, but I'm not gonna do it if I'm gonna wind up killing you over a demo of what you think I'm not capable of. I have zero assurances you'd survive, and even if you told me you can't be hurt, I'm gonna be skeptical right now. I'm not a team killer, and, though I agree with your point on paper and people being different, you're way outta line right now in the way you're going about it."

She wants him to understand just how seriously she's viewing this.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 0:57:57 GMT -6 »

Ken sighed. He shook his head and walked forward. He did it slowly, at his own pace. He would watch the ground until he walked right up to her and planted his own hands on the desk, bringing his eyes up to hers.

"I went out on a mission a few weeks ago, with a girl who was very gung-ho about her abilities. She say twelve people blown to pieces and had organs and body parts rain down on her face and hands. You could smell and taste burnt flesh."

He tilted his head to the side.

"I just wanted you to know what it's like. To really fire on someone. To see what a dead body looks like."

He picked up the gun rapidly, spinning it around and shooting himself from around three feet away. The sound of the bang and the propulsion of the bullet caused him to stumble backward quickly, turn and fall on his face- almost like he had really been shot. If she jumped over and came to his side, he would give her a few seconds before slowly putting his hands under him and pushing back to his feet. On his chest was a garrish purple bruise the side of a fist, angry and slightly swollen....but unpunctured. Had he been shot from where he wanted it would have been a light welt.

"Don't worry Baby, I'm bulletproof." He would grin, knowing she'd prolly be pissed.

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 1:09:38 GMT -6 »

"I was raised around it." She protests, "But I was also raised knowing that no matter how well I was prepared, that the first time I experienced it would be hard."

Her eyes narrow--and then snap wide open as he grabs her gun. She should have expected that! She goes to grab it back and her powers but it's entirely too late as the gun goes off and he stumbles back and falls! She's over the barricade like a shot, herself, and immediately crouches to start to turn him so she can look..! And as he moves she actually curses under her breath.

Unbecoming of a fifteen year old girl, but, she's so far from caring it isn't funny. She straightens abruptly and plants her foot harshly against the side of his face as he moves to get up.

She's got no qualms with kicking a dick!

"You're awful! The hell was that?!"

« Last Edit: Dec 4, 2015 1:09:50 GMT -6 by Bianca Stark » Back to Top  

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 1:14:17 GMT -6 »

Ken took the kick like a man, entirely deserving. His head whipped back, more pain radiating up his skull. He grunted, coming to his feet and shaking his head quickly, blinking away the pain tears.

"That was what it's like. Watching someone fall after getting shot. That's the feeling you had."

He would touch his cheek where a slight scuff appeared from her boot. He gave a little smile before it faded.

"My mom once told me, when I was shooting at the fence outside, that it's so much easier to pretend those you kill are evil when they are just paper. Until I have someone looking me in the eye, and until I know that with a squeeze of my finger I take away everything they are....you never really understand the responsibility in a weapon."

He would walk over, bend and pick up the gun, handing it to her.

"I just don't want you to freeze up. I like you, Bumblebee."

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 4, 2015 16:27:10 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

Stupid! She stares at him, glowering, quite clearly irate with what he had done. But the truth is, she's also pissed at herself for setting her gun down to begin with. What if he was actually suicidal? He could have blown a hole through his chest and she would have basically assisted in his death.

She huffed a breath out and took a slow one in as he offered her the gun back. She took it and promptly holstered it...and at the familiar nickname on unfamiliar lips, she just had to silently stare and almost literally bite her tongue against asking if he came up with that all on his own or something else.

"...I appreciate the concern," She quietly uttered, speaking carefully so she didn't blurt out the question on her tongue-tip. "I can't say I won't, but, I'm gonna try not to. And I'll be carrying electroshock ammo, so, there's that."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 9, 2015 20:05:10 GMT -6 »

He nodded.

"Very true. And I'm sure you won't leave your gun within grabbing distance of an enemy as well."

He laughed, clearly pleased with his own joke.

He would throw his thumb at the door.

"You and me should get outta here. I kinda wanted to chat with you anyway....alone."

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2015 12:15:26 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 11, 2015 8:44:34 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

"Obviously not an enemy," She gives a slight, disdainful sniff, and eyes him. "Or anyone, now."

She glowers a bit again. Then sighs and turns to go back to pop over the wall.

"Oh?" She one-hand-vaults over. "What about..?"

She promptly picks up her spare gun and holsters that, too, and then gathers her clips.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 11, 2015 20:14:31 GMT -6 »

Ken would hop over the wall.

"As it should be. Even if they are an ally- you should never let your guard down."

He would turn to look at her.

"Well...I'd like to ask a little about you. About...how you grew up."

There was a reason for it he...just wasn't going to say yet.

Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 16, 2015 7:25:05 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

"And we can't chat here..?"

It's not like the range was chalk-full of people. She quirks her head and shrugs.

"It's not like I've got anything to hide. But if it's more comfortable for you, then, sure."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

Shots Taken [Open]
« Dec 16, 2015 20:27:25 GMT -6 »

Ken would half shrug.

"My place is probably more comfortable, unless you wanted to stand around or use a hard ass bench."

Quick Reply