Author Topic: Henry Knox - Boys Dorm #1 (Read 456 times)
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Henry Knox - Boys Dorm #1
« May 18, 2009 15:44:43 GMT -6 »

Henry Knox Academy - Boys Dorm #1

Bed 1 - Varro, Alden
Bed 2 -
Bed 3 - Kamp, Justin Royce
Bed 4 - Park, Ian JaeWoo

Ian slid into the room quietly afraid to disturb someone if anyone were inside. Maybe he should have knocked before entering, maybe he should have announced his arrival? Such questions crossed his mind as soon as he turned the handle, but it was too late. He stepped in, looked around at the big, empty room and sighed in relief. He was just a tid bit nervous of his roommates after hearing several scary stories from the grade five students at Henry Knox, telling tales of the bullying. You were lucky if they ignored you, else your head was down a toilet. Why couldn't he have students his age in a dorm room? He climbed onto his own bed and sighed. Meditation was good for the troubled soul, so he sat Indian style and closed his eyes, back straight and stiff.

It would be a matter of minutes before his dorm mates came, right? They would arrive sooner or later, and Ian was eager to get the introductions done and over with. Although the grade five students were very convincing with their stories, the more Ian thought about it, the more unrealistic it seemed. The students here should be disciplined, right? With it being Henry Knox Academy, the chances of students getting out of line were less likely than those who attend that John...what'cha'ma'call'it high school.

He would have to bring up the topic of Arcanine to his dorm mates. Hopefully, none of them were allergic to dogs, or else he'd never have his faithful companion on campus. He wasn't sure how the others dealt with not being with their family at a young age, but Ian was handling it fairly well. He missed them, yes, but it wasn't as if Ian didn't miss them at home either. His parents had a history of missing out on a lot of events in his life because of work, and so Ian learned to cope and adjust, always expecting the worst so he wouldn't feel disappointed. And usually, it worked.

That's why you could say that Ian was being pessimistic about the whole situation, but the more pessimistic he was being, the more he scared himself, so then he tries to think positive thoughts....it's all a very confusing process that creates a whole lot of ambivalence.

Ian got tired of waiting after about ten minutes, so he slipped under the covers wearing his very uncomfortable uniform, and went to sleep.

OOC: >>... I couldn't resist making a thread. :[[/size][/font]

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009 15:50:23 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
fatal

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« May 18, 2009 18:54:52 GMT -6 »

OOC: Sorry, Can't think. Brain fried. x_x

Alden's hand gripped the doorway to his dorm and he didn't hesitate at all to open it up, though he tried his best to do it as silently as possible. It was kind of late and he had been pushed hard today. It was the start of the new year and they were pushing the pace hard. Not to mention he had a lot a studying to do. But he had expected it all. He would get it done. Once inside, Alden would shut the door the same way he had opened it.

He'd glance around, and it seemed like only one person the still here. He'd move toward the table in the center of the dorm room. Throwing his work on the table, Alden would pull one of the chairs out and sit down upon it. Pulling one of his books in front of him, he would grab it and flip it open to the assigned work he had to finish. Alden really hated homework, but it was needed to keep his grades up. All he could really think about was sleep.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« May 19, 2009 21:47:45 GMT -6 »

OOC: Puahahaha, no problem at all~ :)

By the time the boy was in the room, Ian was all rolled up like a caterpillar by his blanket, with only the tips of his hair poking out. His mother always asked him how he was able to sleep like that; asked if he ever suffocated, but Ian never really had an answer. Sure, he often wondered about the chemical imbalance between oxygen and carbon dioxide, but it didn't trouble him or anything... Well, as soon as the door slid open and the sound of footsteps tapped on the ground, Ian shifted in his sleep, now conscious of the fact that he was no longer alone. Someone had entered, a roommate most likely, but even so the little boy could not help but be on the defense.

He sat up, still wrapped in his blanket but his head now poking out, and slowly got off the bed, making his way to the center of the room where the desks were. He sat down across from the boy - again, still wrapped in his blanket - and leaned his chin on the table, eyes simply looking at him momentarily before slowly sliding shut. Every once in a while he would open his eyes, but they were relatively shut; he wasn't sleeping...just resting his eyes.

Ian didn't want to bother the guy, so he kept silent. But maybe him just sitting there was enough of a distraction? It was kind of weird, but unexpected events should be expected in this school, especially from a seven year old like Ian himself.

fatal

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« May 19, 2009 23:32:36 GMT -6 »

Alden's own eyes closed for a moment, and another sigh escaped his lips before he lifted his hands and slide them through his dark hair. Tilting backwards in his chair slightly, he'd stretch before he dropped himself back against the table and his notebook. He'd stare at the book with a blank look on his face, and lift his right hand to put pen to paper. He'd begin to read while his hand wrote and he started his homework.

It would out of the corner of his eyes he caught the boy in bed sitting up, occasionally opening his eyes while looking right at Alden. He'd turn his head, and with a smile on his face he'd halt his writing and lift his hand to wave toward the kid. Alden didn't mind younger kids, and he had a feeling this kid was pretty young. The last thing he wanted to do was make enemies with anyone in his room. Besides, he was just a kid.

"Hey there. My name's Alden. What can I call ya, Big guy?"

He'd shift in his chair, turning to face Ian a bit more. They were still the only two people in the room. And he wasn't really sure if the kid was shy or not. At least since it was just these two for the moment, maybe he'd open up a bit easier without anyone else hanging about.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« May 20, 2009 16:03:20 GMT -6 »

["Hey there. My name's Alden. What can I call ya, Big guy?"]

"Huhh...?" Ian murmured in his half awaken state. He slowly opened his eyes and picked his head off the table while his hands wriggled out of his cocoon. He rubbed his eyes before taking a better look at Alden, who seemed far too kind for someone at the current hour. Wouldn't he have been cranky? None the less, Ian was a bit out of it; not cranky at all, just not acting himself properly as one would in front of strangers. He gave a cheeky grin, his dimples showing. What an odd time to make friends was his initial thought; though, he wasn't so sure what the older kids thought of him. Probably not as a friend - maybe something like a little brother, but that didn't bother him. He would make friends with people his age. Eventually.

"Big guy?" Ian laughed, "I'm not nearly as big as you!"

But I will be. Maybe in ten years, but still, it's nice to think that someday I'll be that tall.

"I'm Ian, and I'm going to grow," he declared in a happy-go-lucky manner.

So Alden was one of the guys in the dorm room! Wonderful! He seemed nice enough, but this was all based on first impression. His mother told him that the more time you spend with someone, the more faults would be revealed; Ian just hoped that his faults wouldn't trouble anyone, and that their faults wouldn't trouble him. It was inevitable, of course, but is there anything wrong in false hope? ...don't answer that.

"Why are you working on homework this late? You're not gunna have the energy to go through the drills tomorrow if you only get a couple hours of sleep..."

fatal

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« May 21, 2009 1:24:57 GMT -6 »

Big guy? I'm not nearly as big as you! I'm Ian, and I'm going to grow,

"Haha. I bet you will, Ian. You're head'll be hitting the ceiling before you know it."

He's smirk, and then lift his right hand to to scratch at the side of his head. His eyes would close for a moment before he'd shake his head slightly and glance back toward the work on his table. It wasn't due the next day, but even so he figured it would be better to get it over and done with now. And just as he reached for his pen again, he heard the younger boy speak up once again.

Why are you working on homework this late? You're not gunna have the energy to go through the drills tomorrow if you only get a couple hours of sleep...

"Hmm.. You know, you might be right Ian. I bet you're at the top of the class, aren't you?"

Some people might have found it annoying to entertain someone so young, but Alden didn't mind. He had never grown up with a younger sibling, or an older one for that matter. He was an only child, and sometimes he had always wished he had a little brother around. Maybe that is why he was being so nice. Besides, better to be on good terms with dorm mates, even if they are a lot younger.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« May 21, 2009 14:50:48 GMT -6 »

"...huh? I don't know," Ian replied, a genuine answer. He never really thought about class ranks; it was something that seemed uninteresting and unimportant to him. Who's to tell Ian how smart he is based on grades? That's why he never really cared for grades either. It just so happened that studying lots and turning in homework on time was directly related to that of straight A's. Not that they do much in second grade. It's a lot of finger printing, some basic math...stuff Ian's already learned. Well, fingerpainting is just something EVERY kid should know how to do. It's a lot of fun and super messy; who wouldn't love that activity?

"I'll leave you alone now. I have to get to sleep anyway," Ian replied, a cheeky grin as he got off the chair and hopped to bed.

"Niiiiiiiiight~"

kamp

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« May 24, 2009 1:23:20 GMT -6 »

Justin walked into the room, seeing Ian in one of the beds, it seemed he was going to sleep so Justin remained as light on his feet as he could. He looked over to the other kid and nodded as he made his way over to the bed that he had picked for himself. He set down his bag and sat on his bed, letting out a sigh as he looked up towards the kid sitting at the center table. Justin was tired but he'd at least introduce himself.

"The name's Justin Kamp. A little tired at the moment but if you need anything go ahead and ask. I just have one request... keep blood away from me. Even if you cut yourself shaving or have a zit that got bloody. Heck even a bloody nose.... just.... I have an extreme fear of blood, the smell of it and sight of it you know?"

Justin looked over at Ian's bed, smiling at the kid he had already met previously. He took his shoes off, and laid back in his bed, "I already know Ian, but go ahead and tell me a little about yourself before I doze off...."

Justin had gone through this before, having been here a couple of years, it was nothing new. You learned who you lived with, you learned if they had any special requests such as no loud music or any fears. Justin always explained his situation as a fear of blood; this way he could keep his streak of telling nobody intact. He would keep it secret from his room mates as well.