Author Topic: A mess (Shaolin) (Read 351 times)
xiao

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« May 27, 2009 20:17:42 GMT -6 »

It was a huge change, a scary time for all new teens. It was possibly the scariest thing alive, something that determined your place in the world. A thing that looked down upon you and made you feel weak. A thing that caused many suicides every years for various reasons; and sometimes even caused murder. What is this scary and dangerous thing that all teens between the ages of fifteen to eighteen had to endure? High school. So, did that cause a shiver to come down you spine? Yes? Good...it's for a good reason after all....

Well, while all the other niners scurried around helplessly and in crowds, Xiao walked alone, unafraid and uncaring. Well, she WAS walking alone until Sheng-Li(her twin bro) came about, scared like the rest of the meerkats. Ever since the 'incident' she had been less close to her brother which worried him and of course, upset him now that he needed her nearby.

"Nini! Please stay with me! I beg you, I'm scared and all the older kids look so mean!" he complained.
Looking back at her brother, she could tell that he was indeed scared, and looking farther back, she could see some other niners getting picked on by older students. Sheng did have a good reason to be frightened and all, but even then, she wasn't interested in having him cling at her arm all day.
"Sorry Li, but until I get all moved in and all, you're not welcomed around me. Why don't you hang out with your boyfriend? I'm sure he wants you around."
He looked down at his feet, sighing. "I...guess... I dunno. Guess I'll go look for him then..."
Xiao sighed. "Oh fine. I'll stick with you 'till we find him, alright? But after that, go away and leave me alone for the rest of the day, okay?"
Sheng-Li hugged her, almost squealing in happiness(which made her lift a brow) and then let her go, grabbing her hand and dragging her around.

---Later---

After finally getting rid of her sibling, Xiao finally got to her dorm room, Number 3, unlocking the door and stepping inside. Once in, she looked around her new room, noticing some boxes which contained her stuff on one side of the room and on the other, her new room-mate's stuff which was already unpacked.

Having more things than her room mate, Xiao would be stuck there for a while, especially to find room to place all her things. But being lazy, she just unpacked everything, everywhere; even all over her room mate's bed and things. She needed the room after all, she would understand right? Nini had guessed that her room mate would be a push-over so she had no worries when it came to an angry room mate.
Oh but she was oh so tired! So the small Asian girl took her time to put away her mess, barely making any progress at all. Either way, even if her room mate would arrive, Xiao would just put her in her place and take dominance. Simple as that.

sha

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« May 27, 2009 22:06:28 GMT -6 »

"Shaolin?"

The small girl would stop in her tracks, looking blankly toward Rose who smiled in that motherly way. "I'll see you in two days, okay? Go ahead and retire to your room if you want. It was a good day!"

Shaolin would smile faintly and nod, clutching her note-pad, clipboard and pen in one hand, while using her free right one to wave her goodbye. Rose would wave back and both girls would walk in opposite directions. Shaolin was headed for her room. It was the same one she'd had the last year, but, she supposed her old room-mate would be graduated by now. Wonder what her new one would be like? So long as the girl was respectful of her personal space, perhaps even quiet, she'd be tolerable.

Shaolin saw the door was still opened to room 3. She assumed he roomate had just gotten in otherwise some weirdo broke in. Picking up her pace, she was surprised to see stuff everywhere in the room, all over her bed, her roomates bed, the floor, EVERYWHERE. Someone must have broken in then. Right? Wrong. Upon further inspection, Shaolin had spotted an equally small girl among the mess, picking stuff up at snails pace. Her eyes would lower, and her grip on her notepad would tighten.

'That Girl. No respect. Time to teach lesson.'

The thoughts of Shaolin were often in broken phrases, much like when she wrote on her notepad. She didn't have time to waste on writing propers phrases so long as others understood what she was getting at. Because of this, Shaolin had picked up a similar way of thinking. Often her thoughts were simple images, other times, broken phrases. Not like ordinary people, that was certain.

Shaolin would silently maker her way toward Xiao-Niao, whether or not the girl noticed or heard her mattered little right now. Shaolin would raise the clipboard with one hand and bring it down to tonk the girl on the head. Enough to cause a bit of pain, but mostly to prove a point.

Probably not entirely what Xiao-Niao had expected.

With the girl's attention most likely grabbed, Shaolin would scribble on her notepad quickly, then show Xiao-Niao the message.

"Loser.

Your things

OUT OF MY SPACE.

BTW. Shaolin Glory. Sup?"
[/font]

If the girl would look up at Shaolin's face, she'd see no emotion. Just partially closed eyes staring down at her. She could make a mess anywhere on her side, but Shaolin's space was hers. It was bad enough sharing a room, she wasn't going to let some new girl take over. Over her dead, mute, body.

'Times like these. Wish to scream. Loud. Swear.' she thought irritably.[/color]

xiao

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 2, 2009 20:35:06 GMT -6 »

Slowly placing her things were they should be, Xiao paid no attention to her surroundings, pretty much not caring about anything. She had heard her room mate come in but no words were said so Nini easily assumed that it was because her room mate was a push-over and would just keep quiet about anything that bothered her. Good. That's how she expected it to be and stay.
But that was when something unexpected happened. She was hit on the head by something hard, not too hard to make great pain, but hard enough to cause a shock of pain in her skull and make her exclaim "Ouch!" which is what she said after being hit, by the way.

"THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" she snapped, looking back to look at her room mate, glaring at her. She was a small Asian girl, just like herself, probably around the same size as she was but which shorter hair and such. She was cute but flat chested, probably the only thing that made them look different body-wise.
The Chinese girl did not answer back or snap back though, instead she scribbled on a notepad, the same notepad she had hit Xiao with. She raised a brow, confused at what she was doing but she did not ask yet, she wanted to see what the small girl was up to.
Her eye twitched. Wow, not what she was expecting. Okay, so this girl would not tolerate her ways, no prob. But was she mute too?! No way, she must just have a bad case of the flu, right? That must be it! Well, she would ask soon....maybe. She stood now, facing the other Chinese girl:

"I'm Xiao-Niao Zheng. Nothing much, just putting my stuff away." she started. "Okay, so it's a mess, but patience, it will be all gone, soon. I hope..." she looked around. There was a lot of things...it would take forever. At the moment, she was debating shipping some of the stuff back home to her mother because there was no way she could keep all this stuff in the small room they shared.
"So, mute or something I assume?" she asked. Yes, it was a stupid question but it would be nice for that to be clear. "Anyway, what about you, 'sup'?" she stuck out her tongue.

Her room mate was different... if they would get along, who knew, but hopefully they would because it would suck to have a crap room mate that you hate. But that would all depend on what they had in common, their likes and dislikes and well....there wouldn't be much of conversations but....well I don't know where I'm getting at but you know what I mean!

sha

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 2, 2009 23:29:12 GMT -6 »

Shaolin would nod at the girl's name, smiling gently at how she'd reacted to the hit to the head before. Like Shaolin, it seemed that even though they had both pissed each other off with something small, Xiao-Niao was capable of setting that aside and do a full one-eighty, responding to her as casually as Shaolin had...written. Good, because Shaolin had nothing against her fellow midget, but she fully expected that the girl would clean up her mess quickly otherwise it was getting thrown our into the hall.

Shaolin wasn't surprised by the next question, smiling gently and nodding to answer the girl's first question. She didn't mind when people asked, to be honest. She preferred to get it out of the way instead of people sitting there wondering if they should ask or not. When Xiao-Niao returned the question however, Shaolin would blink a bit, unaccustomed to being asked anything in return. Most people didn't bother asking her anything, almost as though they assumed she didn't know HOW to communicate.

Going back to her notepad, flashing it to Xiao-Niao to allow her to read.
Found new roommate. Surprised by mess. =]
Blue bed is mine. Pls keep clean.
[/font]

There was more she wanted to say, but Shaolin was getting annoyed with writing, and assuming the girl didn't understand sign-language, Shaolin would direct herself to her computer, sitting down and wiggling the mouse to make the screen reappear. She'd go to control panel then click on the SPEECH program. It was unfortunate that "Sam" was the only voice she had available, but, he'd have to do as far as acting as her voice.

"Much better" Sam's voice would say, in that monotone of his. "Hope don't mind this. I'm tired of writing. Typing faster. You from here?"

It was a bit creepy to picture Shaolin asking these questions, as the voice didn't match her at all. Sam also seemed to pronounce certain words strangely, but, Shaolin was confident that Xiao-Niao could understand anyway.[/color]

xiao

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 3, 2009 19:24:16 GMT -6 »

She softly smiled as Shaolin nodded to answer her first question; it was great that she wasn't offended in any way like some mute people are when people ask. She was definitely different, but in a good way and Xiao was sure that the two would become great friends. Well, as long as things stayed the way they were. But for now, it's how it seemed it would be.
"Yeaaaah, the mess is quite something..." she smiled awkwardly and sweat-dropped. "I'm just going to stick some crap back into a box or two and get my mom to pick it up. She's always over-packing for me."
And it was true, being her youngest daughter, Cho felt the need to do whatever she could for her baby girl and sadly, that also meant packing extra stuff just for in case. She pretty much acted as if it would be impossible for Xiao to call and ask for whatever she needed if she needed something. It was funny in a way but also a pain in the rear at times, like today for an example.

"Alright, so I guess the green bed is mine then." she said as she went over to the blue bed and pushed all her stuff off of it, putting some of the clothes items onto her bed so she could stack it in the closet later. The other stuff on Shao's bed was pushed into a box that she would ship back to her mother's. Some of this stuff was just too much in one shot! Why would she need twenty razor heads right away and five soap bars and three sleeping bags? The chances of her needed all that stuff right away was slim to none. Jeez, all she needed max was a few razor heads, one bar of soap and one sleeping bag. If she needed more, she would call and get her mother to drop 'em off.

While she stuck some useless stuff back in a box, Xiao saw at the corner of her eye that Shaolin walked towards one of the computers. She had absolutely no idea what she was doing but assumed that she had enough of talking and wanted to do something else. Ni respected that and kept to herself as she continued to repack some stuff and throw some clothes onto her bed. But that's when she heard it: The odd monotone voice of the speech program. She couldn't help a snort as she laughed away, not expecting this at all. Xiao used to use that program with Sheng as children to pass the time and for the laughs and giggles, so hearing that voice brought back some funny memories.
"Yeah." she giggled softly as she said this. "I don't mind"

It was just odd picturing that low manly voice on little female Shaolin; if she could talk, Xiao was very sure that her voice would be much softer and higher pitched then that of Sam's. She shook off the laughter, taking it a bit more seriously now so that she could answer Shaolin.
"Yeah, I've lived in this city all my life. I just started high school though so yeah, here I am." she smiled. "But mom and dad are from China so yeah, home life is much more traditional and stuff then when I'm anywhere else. It's odd." she shrugged. "How 'bout you? I'm sure you're a pure Asian as well considering the similar features we have."

She sat down now, folding her clothing into neat and organized piles. Most of her clothing would need to be placed in her dresser so may as well work on that now to get that out of the way.

sha

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 5, 2009 0:35:53 GMT -6 »

Shaolin would smile a bit at what she felt was Xiao-Niao's easily amused personality. She'd wait patiently for the girl to get it off her shoulders, relaxing back into her computer chair. When the younger girl would keep talking, Shaolin would scribble what Xiao-Niao would say onto her notepad. So far, she'd gathered that the girl was from here, lived with both parents and their customs were traditional to those found in China, and that she was a Freshman. Shaolin would give a wry frown, unsure if this would be useful later on, but, she decided it was personal information anyway, and should she ever need to find out where she lives, she had the girl's full name. Hm, that sounded almost creepy.

Shaolin's brow would raise a bit when Xiao-Niao felt it necessary to point out Shaolin was "pure asian considering her similar features". Did other people do that? Like, for example, Africans telling other Africans they were probably pure-blooded Africans due to their similar features? Or any other race for that matter, to engage in conversation? She just decided to write Xiao-Niao off as strange and decided there was nothing wrong with answering her question. Unfortunately, Sam was horrid at pulling off sarcasm, so lying would unfortunately have to be written off.

"Chinese. Lived here for long with adoptive parents."

That's all she'd reveal about herself, still feeling strange with talking about herself this way. Perhaps she'd become paranoid from thinking so much all the time (not that she could do much else). At any rate, to avoid further questioning from Xiao-Niao, she'd quickly add:

"So traditional home? Tell me about your family! Any siblings? Pets?"

She'd let Sam speak the words out, although letting him say that on the normal speed seemed to make the words impossibly to understand so Shaolin would bring the speed down and make him say it again. While he pronounced each word right, now he sounded like he was a mumbling drunk. Oh well, can't have everything and this way is sounded more amusing. Xiao-Niao would probably get a kick out of it, she was sure.

« Last Edit: Jun 5, 2009 0:39:26 GMT -6 by sha » Back to Top  
xiao

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 10, 2009 10:29:38 GMT -6 »

“Adopted huh?” she said. There wasn’t really much to say really. Adopted parents weren’t horrid nor were they perfect; just like any parent really. So she would look kind of dumb if she said: “Oh that’s terrible” or “Oh that’s nice”. She would just leave it where she did.

Now the questions were back on Xiao. It was nice that the two girls were getting to know each other, especially since she assumed it wouldn’t happen so quickly. Oh well, it was better this way then them fighting all the time or making each other’s life a living hell.
The questions were repeated, this time in a slower speed. The way he sounded….just too funny. She burst out laughing, finding it hilarious. Sam was definitely a funny computer tool. Calming down now, she prepared to answer the questions.

“Traditional, yes. I don’t exactly enjoy it much though. Not my thing I guess; we can’t all be like my older sister.” She chuckled slightly and smiled before continuing. “Anyway, mom and dad had Fai, my older brother in China. Mom and dad wanted more kids so they came to America. Then they had Dao-Ming and then my twin brother and I. My twin’s name is Sheng-Li. He goes to this school.” She added. “But yeah, parent wise, dad doesn’t live at home anymore. Not after…well anyway!” she changed the subject quickly, not wanting to talk about what had happened between her brother and father. It was because of that day and Xiao changed dramatically.
“Pets, well we have an old fat cat named Popo. He’s not very pleasant though so I don’t exactly like him much. He’s pretty smelly and annoying really.”

She was now done with the questions. God knew if Shaolin wanted to know more but right now, Xiao was curious about the Chinese girl in front of her. She was quiet and a bit mystery. She definitely wanted to know more. So time to reverse those questions towards her now!
“And what about you? Any siblings or pets?”

sha

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 13, 2009 2:18:08 GMT -6 »

Shaolin would smile as Xiao-Niao had nothing much to add to her response. That was exactly what she was aiming for. Again, the Freshman would burst into laughter, proving that things could be funny more than once. Shaolin would listen to her, frowning slightly as she wondered what her own laughter would sound like. Or what laughing until it hurts felt like. There was a sudden feel of jealousy toward her messy Chinese roommate, almost resentment. However, Shaolin only felt it for a moment. It was something she'd gotten used to for the most part, and whenever the emotion slipped, she could usually compose herself again. After all, jealousy leads to bad bad things, if she hadn't read Othello enough times to have it burned into her mind.

Shaolin gave her full attention to Xiao-Niao as she spoke, looking the girl straight in the eyes as she listened. She noted how many members were in her family, or, at least, how many Xiao-Niao would list. A twin brother certainly stuck out to her, and she made note to keep an eye out for him. When the mention of her father came up, Shaolin bit the inside of her cheek as the topic was quickly changed. While curious as to what that story was about, she knew that after getting closer to her roommate, the girl would undoubtably spill.

Shaolin would cringe at the mention of a cat, especially a fat smelly one. Cats were horrible things. She hated the beasts with a passion.

She was more prepared for the question to be thrown back on her this time, typing up the answer she had already thought up.
"Only child. Had a cat, but other cats killed him. I hate cats. Oh hey, what do you think of this place so far?"

Sam would speak out the words she had typed as Shaolin would get up from her seat and proceed to walk over to Xiao-Niao. She would lean over, grab a handful of clothes off the floor, and help her roommate sort out what she was keeping and what she was sending back. The mess would disappear twice as fast if Shaolin helped pick it up, and Shaolin made sure to look towards Xiao-Niao to see if whatever article of clothing Shaolin would pick up would be kept or repacked. Was she bonding with her roommate? She wasn't sure. She never really attempted to get close to someone before. However, since Xiao-Niao would be forced into her life, Shaolin decided to make the best of it. Perhaps she would have her uses...afterall, Xiao-Niao had something Shaolin didn't. A voice.

'I could certainly use that...'

xiao

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 15, 2009 7:36:05 GMT -6 »

As she folded away, she listened to what Shaolin had to say. The only child thing was alright but what was sad was the cat thing. As much as she disliked Popo, he was part of the family and she couldn’t even imagine how she would react if he would die or be killed. To be honest, she felt bad and understood Shaolin’s resentment to other cats. Xiao wouldn’t be surprised if she hated cats as well if she was in that position.
“Sorry to hear that. I don’t really blame you. Popo is a pain in the ass but I can’t even imagine how I would feel in that situation.” She said. “But wow, only child; you’re pretty lucky. Bet you were spoiled rotten, I sure wish I was.”

This place…she didn’t really know what to say. It was all so new, to the point where she didn’t even go to her first class yet.
“Um, well, it seems okay so far.” She started, watching Shaolin come near her to help with her mess. Xiao-Niao smiled, happy that she was getting some help. “Oh, that one goes in that box right next to you. But yeah, I dunno, it’s okay. My bro is creeped out as hell though, sortta don’t blame him. Seems like all the niners are getting extra harassments today. It was at the point where he wanted me to join him on his scared tour of the school. But I ditched him, found his Bee eff and ran off back here. So yeah, didn’t get much time to look around. I don’t wanna sound like a pansy or anything but I’m not in the mood for beatings of harassment, I just wanna get settled in.”

She folded the last of the good clothing, placing it in a neat pile on her bed so as to put it away in a sec.
“Anyway, thanks a lot for helping out. You can just stick the rest in the box, I don’t need it.” She said as she got up and grabbed one pile of clothing that was folded and placed it in different sections of the dresser, from the top(undergarments), to the middle(shirts and tops) and to the bottom(jeans, pants, skirts).
“Alright, all done.” She smiled.

sha

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A mess (Shaolin)
« Jun 26, 2009 16:46:54 GMT -6 »

Providing simple nods in response, Shaolin would continue to help her roommate as she listened to her speak. Her story about being a “niner” would make her crack a sympathetic smile. While she didn’t have much trouble last year being a Freshman, she supposed that was only because Rose was always (or almost always) with her. She did recall the minor students having quite a bit of trouble though, and with the changes this year, she wasn’t surprised at how it worsened. The only thing about her story that she didn’t quite understand was what her brothers “bf” was. She had never heard of the term, and she’d quickly turn to the girl and give her a quizzical look. It was perhaps interpreted as confusion over Sheng-Li’s sexuality to Xiao-Niao, however.

She’d turn and shove as much clothes into the box as she could, looking around and smiling as the room was already looking cleaner. When she was done doing her part, Shaolin would get to her feet and go over to her computer desk to fetch her clipboard. Sam was beginning to annoy her, and so she decided that communicating through writing would have to do.

Shaolin would take a seat on her bed, looking up at Xiao-Niao and giving her an inviting look (if she wasn’t busy doing something else now) so that she could take a seat also, if she wanted. Looking back down at her clipboard, Shaolin would begin to write some things, allowing Xiao-Niao the freedom to do whatever she wanted. Shaolin would demand her attention again, however, and if her roommate was not looking at her, a few foot-stomps on the ground would surely get the girl’s attention again.

Xiao-Niao, would you be in any way interested in helping me with certain things? I can’t be at all places at once, so, if you ever hear rumors or see anything of remote interest, would you please tell me? I like knowing what goes on in the school.
[/font]

That was just the start though, but, Shaolin figured she may as well just request one thing at a time with her new acquaintance. After all, Xiao-Niao didn’t appear too bright to her, so Shaolin didn’t feel in any way threatened by her. In fact, her request would probably not seem too out of the ordinary and she was sure she could avoid questioning.[/color]

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 16:47:35 GMT -6 by sha » Back to Top