Author Topic: Night on the sands (Saphira) (Read 296 times)
gil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Night on the sands (Saphira)
« Jun 4, 2009 0:10:33 GMT -6 »

It's been a long time since I've been here. Gil thought as he stood on the beach not too far from the campus. It was a Saturday night and Gil had gotten out for the weekend to go and generally go have a good time. So that was why he had come back to a place he spent a lot of time at during his freshman year at his last school. unlike those times, Gil wasn't here to speak with students off grounds about rising against the system. He was here for relaxation.

Gil had chosen a spot that wasn't exactly empty from other people, but one that not many people went to. Nothing wrong with the area, it was just one of those places away from a lot of things. Every so often Gil saw people, even other students from the campus as they went about their business. Walking, going for runs and the like.

Gil had donned a black tank top and a pair of grey cargo pants with sandals. As night had settled Gil removed his sunglasses, the light wasn't strong enough to cause him any discomfort. The sand looked grey to him, and the sea was a massive wave of moving black area. The moon and stars were clearly seen. Gil stood right where the surf came in and let himself enjoy the water rushing around his feet and ankles.
I guess there is always one place besides home I can feel comfortable at. He thought as he smiled listening to the sounds of a calm beach at night.

saphira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 4, 2009 7:37:29 GMT -6 »

OOC: Let me know is you get confused. ^^

I've practically been all over the world and always find myself going to the beaches each place had if they had any. I suppose it was just something about the serene scenery that made it so appealing, especially at sun set and the evening hours. I've always loved the way the sun kisses the ocean as it fades away to allow the moon to have it's turn to shine. I've always loved it's beauty. I must've painted a sun set over a dozen times in so many ways. Always making sure to capture the esscence of it's truest beauty. I rarely ever miss a chance to see it and today was no exception

.::Saphira stood on the sandy beach as the sun slowly began to disappear, it's rays lightly coming over her form. The light brown in her hair would no longer been seen since there was no strong light to truly bringing it out anymore. In the evening sky it would appear to be only dark brown. Her hair was pushed back into a ponytail, allowing the dragon tattoo upon her left cheek to be seen in full. The sands color faded into a grey-ish blue-ish color. Now the ocean danced with the moon and the stars, while Saphira walked along the shore line. The waves crashing in running against her bare feet and ankles. Her attire was simple: a dark red tank top and a pair of beige cargo pants. Though the pants were slightly rolled up to her knees to avoid getting them wet. As well as her socks were in her sneakers, which she held in her right hand.

She simply walked along with her head down, occasionaly glancing out towards the ocean. Feeling the gentle cool breeze that rose off it. There was a person not to far ahead of her, maybe 10 more steps and she would be right next to them. But she wasn't truly paying attention. Her eyes were on the ocean as a smile crossed her lips::.

It feels good to be out here. The calmness of it all. The waves are gentle yet still strong. The stars are bright instead of dim. The moon is full and seemingly happy. Is it a sign for me? Maybe there's some hope for me to feel such a way. Maybe being the keyword. For some time things have felt so hopeless, except for once. I wish I could get that feeling back but I can't. It's just not possible. A certain nameless someone would probably be scolding me if 'he' heard me speak such a way. Then we'd probably go back and forth for awhile before we either both walked away or began to laugh. But alas that's the past, I'll probably never see him again and it's probably for the best. Keeps him safe. Now maybe I shouldn't dwell on it at the moment and just enjoy my night at the beach.

gil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 4, 2009 14:54:05 GMT -6 »

Gil looked over at a sound that was different from the other sounds on the beach. The sound of someone approaching along the shore. He gave a quick over over of the person coming his way. He couldn't get an idea of her age due to her face pointed at the ground, except that she was young, seemed fit. he would guess a likely member of the school. He did however take notice of the tattoo on her cheek.
Nice pattern. He thought as he made it out.

When she got closer Gil stepped back a little so she would crash into him if she didn't stop moving. Putting on a smile Gil spoke up.
"Nice night eh? I like the tattoo." He said kindly. As far as he was concerned, a little company wasn't a bad thing. He liked being around people most of the time, so even he was getting out on hos own, another person arriving didn't really bother him.

saphira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 5, 2009 6:04:42 GMT -6 »

"Nice night eh? I like the tattoo."

"Hm?"

I used to be more alert than that. I didn't notice him the whole time. Hmm, I'm slipping a little bit. I suppose if he hadn't noticed me there was a possibility I would've ran into him if he was in my path. I suppose the soothing feeling of this place relaxed me instead of my usual on the edge ways.

.::Saphira paused in her tracks, her head turning to the source of the voice. He seemed about her age or somewhere around it. Her smile was no longer apparent but replaced with a slight caught of guard curiosity::.

"Umm, yes it is a nice night and thank you."

A part of me actually considered walking away; not even answering him. Would it be rude? Yes. Would I care? Partially. But at the same time another part of me was thinking a little company would be alright tonight, right? I'd just make sure to keep my distance, yet maintain some kind of friendly ground. Aside from the fact I don't trust him. I don't trust anyone at first sight.

.::The young beauty stood there with nothing else to say at the present time. Being that she wasn't one to start conversations with others, unless she had to or could no longer take the silence::.

gil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 5, 2009 16:47:58 GMT -6 »

Gil smiled and slid his hands in his pockets while looking back out over the sea.
"So why a dragon on the cheek? Did you just like the pattern, or does it have some more interesting meaning for you? He asked. He looked back over to her with his smile still in place.
"I'm not asking for details, I was just curious as to if it was a random choice or not." He added so as to make sure to not pry much at all, but keep a conversation going.

A small chuckle escaped him.
"Oh, I'm Gilgamesh by the way. Most people call me Gil." He said. After all, not knowing a person's name in a conversation was something Gil didn't care for.

saphira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 7, 2009 7:37:26 GMT -6 »

Isn't the old saying 'curiosity killed the cat'? Some people really don't take heed to that do they. Not as though I would go ballistic and kill him for a simple question. I mean the curiosity of mankind is ever growing and never ending. Some people are just amused over the littlest of things. Children are easily amused and asked the most questions, you would think once adolescence hit they would grow out of it. Some do some don't. But how can I deny the fact that we always want to inquiry into things that we don't understand. We always wish to know more. It's our nature. And there I go deepening myself into my thoughts.

::Her facial expressioin hadn't change from its slightly blank stare. She nodded her head in acknowledgement to his introduction before parting her lips to speak again::

"Saphira...And I suppose it was a bit of a random choice.. But I drew out the pattern.."

gil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 7, 2009 12:52:11 GMT -6 »

"My compliments to your art." He said warmly.
She doesn't react much, thats for sure. He thought after he replied. He got the impression that Saphira seemed to be deep in thought about something completely different than the present situation. This made it hard for conversation, but it wasn't as though they knew each other, he couldn't very well ask her to stop and speak with him just because he was as curious about her as pretty much anything in life.

So Gil decided to keep a smile on his face and looked back out over the sea and simply enjoyed the view and a little company at the moment. After all, company didn't mean conversation, the two often went hand in hand, but just having someone by was nice in it's own way, even if it was a stranger.
Wonder if she goes to Fremont. Gil thought. He figured that she could be easier to talk with at a later point if their conversation didn't pick up here tonight.

saphira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 8, 2009 20:14:39 GMT -6 »

He seems friendly enough, but don't they all at first. Well at least some, not all I stand corrected on that. Yet my little red flag didn't exactly rise. It was more of a caution than warning. Though I often enjoyed silence, sometimes it was too much to bear. I often found myself going insane in my own silence, for it was never truly silent in my mind. My thoughts were always moving, which in turn always caused me to keep busy. I could never sit still for too long. I couldn't allow things to catch up to me

::He had enaged her in conversation but went no further. Silence fell over them except for light roaring sounds of the waves building up and beating against the shore. Her eyes trailed off just as his did back to the ocean where the moon reflected off the water. She could've just left like usual but she stayed and actually furthered the conversation:;

"So, which part of the collective do you go to? Considering your appearance, you seem like you might be attending one of the schools there, right?"

« Last Edit: Jun 8, 2009 20:16:35 GMT -6 by saphira » Back to Top  
gil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 9, 2009 0:02:41 GMT -6 »

So she at least seems interested in talking a bit. Gil thought as he looked over with his lopsided grin.
"Good assumption. I go to Fremont high. I'll likely go to the campus university next year." He replied. Gil looked her over again and mulled it over in his head.

"I would guess Fremont for you as well. You just don't give off the vibe of someone in Knox." He said. Gil just didn't sense the militaristic vibe from her that was always carried by a person in any such settings, no matter how they tried and hide it.

saphira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 11, 2009 17:45:42 GMT -6 »

"I don't huh? What if I did go to Knox and your assumption was wrong?"

Truthfully I probably should've been in Knox considering my background. But we opted for the good ol' normal schooling to give me a bit more freedom to roam about and do what I had to. Even though I was taking my sweet time in doing so. Hell I should've finished high school already.

::A light rather sarcastic smile would come across her face, as her brow would jerk up momentarily as if saying 'hm?' sarcastically of course. At least she was beginning to loosen up just slightly. Then again when someone brought the sarcasm out of her it always loosened her mood::

"Well?"

gil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 12, 2009 21:17:37 GMT -6 »

"My assumptions are rarely wrong. I am not fond of making an ass out of you or me." Gil said as his gaze shifted over while his tone matched the sarcasm. And his lopsided grin appeared. He could do sarcasm really well, and if it helped Saphira loosen up, well it worked for him.

"However, if I was wrong I'm the kind of guy who would take it in stride. Unless you jumped me and attacked me for it. Than I might enjoy my evening." He said with a raised eyebrow.
"So was my assumption correct?" He asked.