Author Topic: Got curious. (Read 498 times)
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 7, 2009 1:33:17 GMT -6 »

Why are well all here? And no... this isn't a discussion about greater power or existential circumstances.

I got curious; why'd you join the board, and why do you like RP, assuming you do? Who are you? (edit: hobbies are a plus)

Wanted to know a little bit about you guys, so I thought this was a place to start.

My name's Manuel. I'm 18. Live in the state of New York, and am first generation hispanic-American, but the "roots" are complicated. Find my character sheet, everything's detailed under ethnicity. I like to play video games, watch anime, find new music, sports, and of course, working out (thinking of majoring in Physical education, and try out for bodybuilding in a year or two). Been around the lifepoint1/XIN community at the "tender" age of thirteen, but only told a few people about my real age. I made it public when i turned fourteen (didn't make a thread about it, but made my birthday visible and someone made me a birthday thread), since I didn't want to be seen as a baby. It was funny though, everyone thought i was older than what I really was.

I started Role-Playing ("RPing") because i thought it was fun. I was always into writing and stories to begin with, so this having a XIN theme to it made it cool. Even though i'm an attention whore and love doing whatever it takes to get some spotlight, I answered (to a question similar as above) that I wanted to like, "live" a different life through RP. Which actually, was only half true. My original character, Kei, was just a grown up me. I was 13, so the history was my own, and everything after I made up. Kei actually helped me grow, and the community helped me grow up, even if they didn't know it. But, even though the circumstances changed overtime, my feelings never did. As to how i ended up here, well. Been a long journey. Some of you may know that I've been like, the "resident lurker" for the past few years (Dagny actually mentioned it in a recent OOC post. Don't think I didn't catch that =P). So, when Hircine (officially) closed, I focused myself on graduating high school, since senioritis kicked my ass and i was almost unable to graduate. But, I missed the community. I was too used to reading updates all the time about what other people express creatively (RP) or daily ramblings (OOC <3).

So. This is why I'm currently here.

Might be a bit long. But, thought I'd throw it out there. Pictures are optional. This is the one i'm currently using on my MSN messenger.
img4.imageshack.us/img4/6981/image200909280001.jpg
And yeah i put on a bit of fat (assuming you seen my other pictures), but I'm already working on that.

« Last Edit: Nov 7, 2009 1:35:53 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 7, 2009 15:29:18 GMT -6 »

I guess I'll go next.

I joined this board because I started to miss a creative outlet, but wasn't fond of using stats. So at first I searched the massive amount of Proboard RPB's, but didn't find any that interested me. So by chance I clicked on my bookmark for Hircine, remember the 'farewell board' thread that was posted in the end. Remembered the link, found it, and here I am.

I like to RP because it's a creative outlet for my imagination, no matter how bland it might be. Also, it's a way for me to fight without fighting, something I like because I haven't gotten a chance to get into the ring yet.

Who am I? Well, that's rather personal, but I don't care.

I have the worst initials possible given my family history, R - Richard. A - Alexander. T - Trithardt. R.A.T. My mother suggested A.R.T. But no, my dad's a jackass.

I'm twenty years old, and currently have my security license and work for a company called 'Comox Valley Security.' I get semi-full time hours, usually between 30-40, if not more, but still look for time off in order to train MMA. I try to get about 3 classes in a week out of 4, and if I can get a couple of extra hours in outside of class. Other then that I like reading, writing - obviously, video games and movies. Currently my selection of movies ranges over 250 titles, I think... Can't remember the last count, but I usually get to watch several of them a week during one of my posting's for work.

zev

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 7, 2009 22:51:26 GMT -6 »

Name: Gabriel Curtis Arnold
Height: 6'
Weight: 185 pds.
Eye Color: Gray/Blue
Hair Color: None (Shaved head)
Ethnicity/Nationality: German/Dutch-American

I'm a shore kid from southern New Jersey, far, far away from the big cities and urban areas like Philadelphia and New York. In fact, growing up in literally a log cabin in the middle of the woods, my closest neighbor was a half mile away. I have one older brother and my parents are still happily married. I'm a Junior at a university an hour from home studying Health and Exercise Science with a minor in Journalism.

My hobbies include writing, music collecting, exercising, and reading pretty much anything (but with a soft spot for comics and web comics). I am most interested in Parkour - I've been training seriously for over two years and I founded the PK club at my university. I also routinely write articles for americanparkour.com and also an ongoing fictional story about Parkour. In January I plan to go to Hawai'i for a National Jam. :)

I started playing on RPBs back in the summer of 2005. I was and am a big fan of the XIN series and anything from lifepoint1.com. I had a lot of free time at night during the summer and one day I randomly stumbled upon the XIN-inspired RPBs. I was amazed at what I saw and realized how much fun creating my own story with dozens of other people could be. After lurking around for a while I decided to take the plunge. I've been hooked ever since.

Text-based role-playing like this has a special hold on me. I think it's because I have such a love of writing. I also like turn-based strategy games and the slower, thoughtful pace of this playing style appeals to me. Ultimately, I just love story telling. I love to craft a story, to tell it and detail it and make it come alive. And here I have a place to work on one, bit by bit, and get constant feedback from people who have the same love as me.

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 7, 2009 23:00:10 GMT -6 »

zev Avatar
I founded the PK club at my university.

There needs to be a Pain Killer fan club everywhere. I'm proud of you. :)

Absinthe Makaila
Secretary
Counsellor

Absinthe Makaila Avatar

[color=deeppink]<3[/color]

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 3:35:09 GMT -6 »

BONSOIR,
It's late, but, I'm doing this anyway! So forgive me.
I'm Lee, but most people refer to me as whatever nickname they decided to give me (and I've got over 20 of 'em so I won't bother listing 'em all...). I'm French-Canadian, with Irish and Scottish as my most dominant bloods (to be honest, I don't really know what the others are....Let's just say I'm a mutt.)
I've got pale transparent-like greyish-blue eyes, so, depending on the lighting I might have green or even practically white eyes. My hair is naturally dark brown, but I dye it a lot so it's never the same. *thumbs up*

Hobbies are, naturally, Drawing. I also like video games, mmos, learning various youtube songs and dances, and collecting various stuffed animals (That's right. I collect BEANIE BABIES. There I said it). Oh and I like sleeping. It should be considered a hobby...(why am I still up?).

When I grow up, I wanna be a toaster animator.

I joined Chula because I followed certain people here, mostly. I wasn't really done with Hircine so I continued here. Plus I wanted to rp with new faces~

Sadly I totally flopped that idea and I hardly ever post. Still I check up on here every day (even if I don't always log in) and I read certain threads I like keeping up with. Might actually start posting eventually. Hopefully.

I like to rp because I love acting. In the end, they're pretty much the same thing. I like getting into a role and playing it out. Another reason is because as an artist, I love creating characters and giving them a story. Through roleplaying, I can achieve that, and there are some things my characters have been part of that I probably would never have thought up myself. It makes them feel more real, because unexpected things happen instead of what I, ideally, would like for them to go through.

I think I got everything...

And 'cause I lurve photos, this is me.

Myesss, quite

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 7:04:07 GMT -6 »

::hi5's Lee for a bunch of stuff she has in common with her::

I'm still not used to people using my real name on the Internet, but you can figure it out anyhow.

I'm currently 19, turning 20 in the winter. I stopped growing since the age of... Maybe 15-ish, so methinks I'm gonna be 5'2" for the rest of my life. My natural, 20-year-old-ish voice is still developing though and I had it since I was 16-ish.

When I was little, I wanted to be a cartoon character. That said, I took a roundabout way of getting there--First I drew a lot, then I wrote a lot, then it eventually got to voice acting, which in itself is a REALLY long story (which I won't get into unless you want to be confused, but the acting parts do tie into RPing, I have to admit). Throughout my life though, I had a huge imagination and I have years of playing make-believe under my belt. I still walk around talking to myself while attacking the air with random punches and kicks with an occasional dramatic pose; My family is used to it by now. I do sometimes do it in public too, with or without cosplay.

I participated in an ARG and admittedly took it a bit too seriously, as I did in 552 (as an admin). Apparently, I was developing and was diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder and its symptoms aren't pretty. I lightened up after quitting and joined Hircine with the intent to be a better text RPer in terms of fighting; I aimed to lose more often by actually taking on opponents more skilled than me, but that didn't quite work out since I still picked and chose my battles. Years went by, a LOT happened, and the place had to close down.

I wanted to quit text RPing so I could concentrate more on my voice acting and such-like (I'm a global moderator on a very active voice acting board; what a surprise), but Endrin somehow convinced me to come back (and he poofed during one of my busy spells). During this time, I sorta-not-really-but became a part of a Tegaki RP, where RP "posts" are actually drawn comments. RPing with art, basically.

If there was one thing I picked up from Hircine/XIN1 folks and the folks at the Tegaki RP, it's that the RPers are very separate from their characters. Their characters may embody the RPers' traits, but they RP solely for fun through interaction more than for reputation, self-gratification, or whatnot. It shouldn't really be a chore--It's a chore if you "have to" do it. That said, I spit at Mary Sues and folks who try way too hard for things to go their way.

I also developed a new view on how "art'ing" works by hanging out on the Tegaki RP. By being around so many different artists with different art styles, I came to appreciate the unique styles everyone had and instead of adhering to my beliefs on what "good" is, I decided to work more on bringing out individuality and being more self-assured with my own style of doing things.

Thus, the attempt at more stylized art instead of trying too hard to mimic the styles that I admire... And how my posts no longer read like pages out of a novel and read more like someone goofing off.

My cousins say all the time that I'm a "dungeon master" kind of RPer. I set up a bunch of scenarios for other people to interact with and get stuff from rather than make my threads a bunch of self-gratuitous "cutscenes" featuring my character (that others can't really gain from beyond just watching).

Celeste and the Menagerie had a lot of cutscenes and yet plenty of spots for participating characters to walk away from events with bragging rights and memories, especially if participants went up against super strong opponents (ex: Bishop had fun meeting an obnoxious speed-demon fashionista with issues and a little blue girl with insane strength dubbed "626"--Stitch, for the less Disney inclined).

Valencia often stumbled into a ton of plots and what plots that had to do with her also had memories and bragging rights to nab, plus items and networking opportunities for participants. Organ trafficking storyline was just nearing the midpoint on Hircine, but some parts of it may continue here since some of the NPC's originate from or travel to SoCal pretty often.

Dagny is pretty much the same formula as Valencia, but with alternative networking opportunities and the likelihood of possibly being screwed by her in the process (to give folks a reason to meet her later and possibly get revenge). Spontaneity is awesome. New stories to be had~

Uh... tl;dr, I use text RPing as improv exercise nowadays. I like it when people throw something different into the mix (within reason) to add more fun to an RP.

Fun Fact:
Riesling broke the time space continuum (Celeste and Valencia/Dagny are in alternate universes) and ought to be 60-70 years old in dog years. He was meant to be 2 different dogs, but Endrin convinced me to make him the same dog who hates everyone.

kurokula

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 13:03:50 GMT -6 »

Wellllllllllllll. I'm Kyle Gardner. Some Seventeen year old Canadian living in the harsh winter. (I'm actually really happy since our first snowfall wasn't in October like last year) I'm from Halifax Nova Scotia and now live in Ottawa, Ontario, which is possible the best move ever. When it comes to Nova Scotia, the only thing we have are fishermen and racism.

My main hobby revolves around computer's and programming, quite honestly. I'm going to be attending Algonquin College in Ottawa to take Game Development. I love gaming, Star wars, writing, video editing, photo shooping, and other related activities.

My first real RP experience was a reaaally lame one. Back in the day, when I live din Nova Scotia, I noticed some flash animation on a site a frequented. I never really bothered watching it for a while, but constant new episodes caused me to take a certain interest in it. I finished the current episodes that were out and decided to check the main site to see where they were being made. That led me to lifepoint1 where I saw a link for "Xin RPB's." There was a choice between Varron or (I think) 552. I can't remember why I chose it, but Varron was the link I clicked on, and thus led me to today. I met most of you on Varron.

When I first started RP'ing I was terrible. Terrible. And I am, in no way, proud of it. I went through a (Oh my god) Naruto phase when I first joined, then a KH phase. (I still love KH >_>) But that led me to influence my RP'ing and characters from my interests a little too much. THis led from some really lame characters that i wouldn't mention ever again, to Mayonnaise, to Aden Allett, who was first created when Varron turned into Hircine.

I grew slightly inactive over that time (much like now) and Hircine eventually went under only to give birth to Chula Vista, where I created Jinn here. I've heard that my RP'ing has improved a great deal, which is always nice, but I still have this current problem of being extremely inactive. I A trying to remedy that. I'm sure it'll kick in soon enough. So I basically found Xin, ws terrible, grew better, and am now the terribly bitter person you all know today. : D

Unlike Manual, I have no picture to offer at the moment. >_>

« Last Edit: Nov 8, 2009 13:04:33 GMT -6 by kurokula » Back to Top  
xian

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 13:58:56 GMT -6 »

Comment sa va, tous le mondes? 8D

Why hello there! My name is Stephanie Demers and I will be turning 20 on the 20th. (lol lucky year!)
I have orangey brown eyes and I naturally have mousy brown hair, which is just so ugly that I dye it bleach blonde(which is the colour I had as a kid, my hair changed colour, I know it’s weird).

Ethnicity wise I am a freak. Three quarters of my blood line is Native American but I am pale as fuck and burn as soon as I’m 5 minutes out in the sun. My other races are French, German and Irish. I assume I took after my Irish side XD
Fun fact, my name means Crown and my last name means “From the Sea” in French.

My hobbies are lame but I love ‘em. All I do for fun is draw, Play video games, do stupid stuff on Gaia, read and roleplay. My favourite hobby of all might be just hanging out with Lee cuz that’s always a blast XD Us two are dangerous together! Bwahahah!

I joined Chula because I was on the previous boards. That’s about it.
I will hopefully be posting more often, probably soon. So be ready to be scarred for I have a special surprise for everyone soon~ Bwahahah!!!

As for why I like RPing, I’d have to quote Lee on that.

Absinthe Makaila Avatar

I like to rp because I love acting. In the end, they're pretty much the same thing. I like getting into a role and playing it out. Another reason is because as an artist, I love creating characters and giving them a story. Through roleplaying, I can achieve that, and there are some things my characters have been part of that I probably would never have thought up myself. It makes them feel more real, because unexpected things happen instead of what I, ideally, would like for them to go through.

I think that’s pretty much it. Not much to me I suppose >3>

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 16:02:16 GMT -6 »

Time for the man you all've been waiting for...

Name: Rick O'Roak
Height: 5'10
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: None very dirty blonde, and spiked up and back.
Ethnicity/Nationality: 3/4 Irish,1/8 Lithuanian, 1/16 Scottish, 1/16 Italian.
Born: Plymouth Massachusetts
Lives: Whitman Massachusetts

Why do I do this? F-U-N! From the first time I rp'ed about 4-5 years ago I loved the format, and the people. I belive that doing stuff like this is MUCH better than your own actually story because here you have a multitude of original concepts mashing together. I join Chula Vista specificaly because I wanted to RP again now that summer gave me much free time. I went to Mugen and nobody had posted much, then I went back to Hircine only to find it dead, but then I found the link to Chula, and here I am.

For myself as a person I'll only type whats worth knowing. I moved from my hometown in the middle of middle school giving me a clean slate seeing on how I was disliked at my old school. After the move my life became what I wanted it to be. Now I'm pretty much the leader of my group of friends and have respect out of most everyone I meet. And those who don't respect me don't even try to fuck with me.

I've been in a relationship since the end of 7th grade with me and my gf going on 3.5 years in about a week. At my age it amases most everyone.

My hobbies obviously include video games, writing, and being a nerd like the rest of ya. I'm good at art, but recently I decided to but that behind me. As of only a few years ago I became an advid fan of pro wrestling. I was flipping channels one night and stumbled upon boxing and wrestling. Commercial on boxing so i switched to wrestling where a chair shot busted one guy open. Didn't change the channel after that.

Now I'm in highschool and watching over my newborn half brother. Currently I work at a local auto shop and have 3 ideas for the future. My goal is to major in Biology, then med school becoming a surgeon. My fall back is to use the Bio major to become a teacher. My dream wich I try to work on the side is to be a pro wrestler wheather it be for a local indy fed or (00.1% chance) go into TNA or WWE.

Theres me, take it for what it's worth.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 20:18:17 GMT -6 »

Name: My real name is of no concern, I am simply Taku Welteel...it's better than my real name anyways.
Height: 6'1
Weight: Too large, although I'm losing it.
Eyes: Baby Blue, not a manly thing to say...
Hair: Dish-Water Blonde.
Ethnicity/Nationality: Part Scottish, Part Native American, Part Norse, since I know my name is of Viking descent...any others is unknown to me.
Born: Oklahoma
Lives: Oklahoma

Why do I RP? It drew me in because of my love for writing. My problem with my writings is a lack of motivation, which stems from me already knowing what's happening in my stories. It's hard for me to write if I already know the events that are going to happen, although I've been working on it a lot. By RPing, I only know my character but not any other events unless they've been foretold.

I started on a site called Xin Revolution threeish-fourish years ago, where I RP'd with Xhaos Xhin, now known as Xhaos Xin, but since I don't RP with him and only did there, you wouldn't really know him. The site didn't last too long and I could tell that my inexperienced showed. After that I didn't RP again because of how quick it died. I would later join Mugen about a month or two before it started up where the use of Taku Welteel online apart from my own writings began. My inexperienced showed once more there and even though it was my most active time, it was also filled with many troubles due to basically stubborness on my side, but I won't go any further than that.

After going to a few sites here and there, I went to the new 552, mostly because I was looking for something new and I saw that Reira (Eve) was there and I figured I might see some old peeps. It was there I started up Shu Ryorin, a character I've been using mainly up until now, although I do have a new character in the works that I've been developing over the past six months, but I'm not sure when I'm going to be using her.

As for my life, it's been filled with video games. I played sports as well. I played T-ball until it morphed into the pitching of Baseball, where I nearly broke my hand and at the same time my family moved. Can't remember why I didn't play anymore. After that, I played Soccer for three years, then never played another sport, although I think Football would've been good. From what I hear from years past, I could've been a great returnman, but enough of could've beens.

Back to games. They've been my whole life. Both my father and my mother (for a limited time due to my father) played video games, so I did as well. Mostly it's been all Role-Playing games.

I first got into Anime...well, I first saw Anime in the forms of Pokemon and Sailor Moon, both which came on in the mornings and I watched getting ready for school. I weren't too into them, although I am now...well Pokemon first season only. Anyways, I got into Anime because of Yu Yu Hakusho. I watched it while it was on Toonami, and than I just started watching more. Both Yu Yu Hakusho and Eureka Seven are my favorite Animes, with Cardcaptor Sakura close behind. Not the American shit called Cardcaptors though. My least favorite is Negima, because of the shit they did to it compared to the Manga. Have you heard Negi's voice in American? Damn...well, his American voice is the least of the worries in the anime.

As for Manga, I first saw Manga in the form of Angel Sanctuary. A friend brought it too school, I glanced through it, liked it, bought it for myself, and I was hooked. My favorite is currently Negima, easily the best I've read for my tastes, with my least favorite being...surprise, Eureka Seven for the shit they did to it from the Anime.

I was in the school band for seven years, played Trumpet and Baritone, also played Trombone for Jazz Band.

That's really all about me, avid writer, gamer, manga/anime watcher.

Boy, that did a bit for my boredom.

« Last Edit: Nov 8, 2009 23:59:52 GMT -6 by kurokula » Back to Top  
lain

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Got curious.
« Nov 8, 2009 23:26:36 GMT -6 »

Hee, this is gonna be awkward, y'all.
Brace yourselves foR a shit load of 'um's and just general nervous rambling. XD

H'okay, so I actually found the internet back in like... 2003, and I started role playing 'cause I if I couldn't be good at IRL fighting (I'm such a wimp XD), hell if I wouldn't be good at pretend fighting! My first role plays were DBZ ones where my character got inevitably crushed by the steroid-popping hero. I found my dude getting defeated by another hot, sweaty man kinda attractive after a while though, so I moved on to role playing yaoi. Eheh, but y'all don't wanna hear about that. (And if you do, call me. ; DD)
Seriously though, after that I moved on to military role play and then magical school stuff and then vampires and then other stuff. You name it, I bet I've (sometimes unfortunately) done it.

Role play is kinda like my escape. Let's face it, life gets shitty sometimes. I like to have some other pretend life to think about while I'm bored at work or stressed out... it's kinda like my equivalent of having a multiple personality? XD (GodIhopethatdoesn'tfreakanyoneout.)

Ahem.
I joined this board 'cause it's like the others, and the others reminded me of DBZ. Yup.

Offline, I'm aaalmost eighteen, almost in university, almost drinking age, almost legal, almostalmostalmost. Hobby-wise I'm nothing spectacular; I do the video game thing, I like to draw but I'm not gonna do anything with it, clay is fun to play with, sometimes I paint, but mostly I unwillingly do butt loads of homework in free time. @@

FACT: I frequently stare blankly into my fridge in my free time.