Author Topic: ~Sleepless Beauty~ (Nero) (Read 469 times)
sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

~Sleepless Beauty~ (Nero)
« Jun 11, 2009 17:06:24 GMT -6 »

OCC: For those reading this is taking place right after the end of her history

[/color][/ul][/font]

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009 12:48:35 GMT -6 by sven » Back to Top  
    nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 12, 2009 0:51:11 GMT -6 »

The dark streets of San Diego were nothing new to Nero. Most nights, he would either head to the local bars, or find himself roaming aimlessly, attempting to recapture that feeling his gang had given him all that time ago. Those days had seemed brighter, more vibrant, and in those few months Nero had felt a freedom that he hadn't been able to duplicate since. Still, the day would come when he could take his revenge upon those who had seperated him from his freedom.

If I could only get a clear shot at that Director...

Nero's brow furrowed in annoyance at the memory of the old man with his cane, ordering around the students and faculty while demanding a respect he certainly hadn't earned. The cool night air did nothing to improve his mood, though he could barely feel it through his leather trenchcoat. His black dress shirt had the top three buttons undone, a sure sign he had been to a club rather than a bar that night, though he still had a few drinks in him, making the journey to his dorm slower than usual. As he turned the corner onto the street where the school lay, Nero caught sight of someone leaning against a wall, clutching something in one hand. Drawing closer, Nero could make out more of the woman's disheveled appearance, though nothing jumped out overtly as suspicious. His pace would never slow, Nero simply turning his head to glance at the woman as he walked by, noting her as roughly around his age, and from the manner she held herself, obviously something was wrong.

My age, suitcase, obviously having a hard time... Damnit.

Having taken three steps past the girl Nero would finally stop walking, slowly turning around until he was facing the young woman. The former gang member knew full well they were the only two on the street, and from the looks of her, she seemed exhausted. She could have been running all night for all he knew, but something told him it was much more serious than that. Especially with that suitcase. Mind made up, Nero would finally speak, keeping his tone carefully neutral at the moment.

"Hey. You a runaway?"

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 12, 2009 13:04:55 GMT -6 »

"Hey. You a runaway?"

"Hm?"

The voice sounded a bit on the young side. Not too young, yet not too old either. It was calm and steady, as oppose to demanding. My fingers parted slightly so that my right eye was visibly peeking through my pinky finger. My lavender gaze fell over him, taking note of his frame and well attractivness. At least that was an upside to the night I've been having so far. Pushing the fatigue out of my mind, and trying to erase it fom my face I removed my hand placing it down at my side. My head tilted up so that it rested against the wall behind me. A smirk was placed on my face as I stared at him, responding to his question.

"You get straight to the point don't 'cha, tiger...No 'are you okay?'... 'Do you need some help?'.. I like that.."

I really couldn't resist the sarcasm, even my state. But I could be just as forward.

"If I was... you offering a place for me to stay at least the night?"
      [/ul][/font]

nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 13, 2009 23:29:18 GMT -6 »

Tiger?

It was rare for someone to actually appreciate Nero's lack of verbal filtering, and as such, he found himself slightly taken aback at the woman's words. A thin smile of amusement found its way to his lips, the younger boy dropping his hands into his pockets in a subtle gesture to make himself seem less threatening, a habt he'd learned from an old friend.

"I might be. I'm curious, however, as to why you'd be so eager to be taken to a strange place with someone who you've just met. You don't even know my name."

As condescending as the words may sound, the flat tone Nero spoke in would suggest nothing of the sort. Instead, the younger of the two found such a display of trust incredible, and considering he rarely encountered such a thing, worth observing.

If it weren't for the smirk he had spied earlier, Nero would have considered simply offering to take her to the police or a shelter, but his instincts told him no good would come from such a thing. Instead, it seemed he would need to deal with this himself. As he spoke again, Nero's tone would finally lighten up, allowing a small measure of concern to make itself apparent.

"I'm Nero. Can you walk?"

While he had made no request for her name, inwardly Nero would be relieved if the woman introduced herself as well, if only to give him something to call her other than "Hey, you."

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2009 23:31:55 GMT -6 by sven » Back to Top  
      sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 14, 2009 8:28:23 GMT -6 »

[/i] to take me to the police, but I wouldn't go so willingly if he did. A shelter was not somewhere I wished to be again. Besides with the money in this suitcase, a really nice hotel room would be much better spent on.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

William Shakespeare. Yes I indeed just quoted one of the many lines from Romeo and Juilet, how I just couldn't help myself. I was really starting to think my fatigue was mixing too much in with my sarcasm, yet it still felt like it fit so well. Nevertheless I learned his name, added in with a question that was a little 'iffy' to answer. This wall was my only source of support and it was barely keeping me up as it was. But my smile didn't falter.

"Nero.. well that's different. Hmm, it suits you well... And actually I doubt I'd make it too far on my own."

After his assistance, assuming he would offer it, I would present him with my name.

"And it's Solana."[/color][/ul]
        [/font]

nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 14, 2009 23:48:47 GMT -6 »

The thin smile on Nero's lips would widen slightly, a sure sign he was obviously enjoying the banter between the two of them. The Shakespeare quote was enough to convince him she was at least well read, which was definitely a good point in Nero's mind. He had always enjoyed reading, and anyone else who showed at least a small amount of interest in the written word would always rise higher in his opinion. Solana's mention of needing some sort of assistance would be met with a slight cock of Nero's head, the sophomore considering the best way to help her walk. Carrying was out of the question, as it would simply be humiliating for both. Instead, Nero would extend his left hand towards her, a clear offer to give her support in order to leave the wall, while speaking once more.

"Then I suppose I'll have to help you walk. Here, you can put your arm around my neck for support."

Assuming she agreed to his proposal, Nero would assist her in doing so, dipping his head lower to make it easier for her arm to reach, while bringing one arm around Solana's waist to keep her from falling unexpectedly. Her name would be met with a nod, Nero silently repeating the name once in his head to commit it to memory. As the two began to walk towards the school, Nero would see fit to fill the silence with what he figured was important.

"We'll need to head towards the school, since I'm enrolled there. Every student that attends this campus is forced to live at one of the dorms, regardless of their wishes. Luckily, I don't have a roommate, but since the rooms aren't co-ed, we'll need to be quiet heading inside."

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 15, 2009 10:21:01 GMT -6 »

[/ul][/font]

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2009 10:22:55 GMT -6 by sven » Back to Top  
          nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 15, 2009 20:57:06 GMT -6 »

At first, Nero wouldn't reply to the woman's statement, his attention more focused on finding some sort of restaurant for them to purchase some food. The problem was, late at night, options would be much more limited, especially considering they would need to pick somewhere close. The only place he could remember being close and still open was the Wendy's a few blocks further down the road, which thankfully, would be only a minor detour at best.

"If you don't mind fast food, there's a place nearby. I'd prefer not having to carry you to a more upscale restaurant if it's possible."

Nero would glance at her face after speaking, curious to see whether she got his joke or not, before beginning to walk in that direction. Even if she were to decline that particular restaurant, Nero's memory suggested more restaurants would be in that direction, albeit further away. Still, with a small amount of walking ahead of them, there would be plenty of time for Nero to offer his own insight on the school's situation.

"The school is far worse than just being boring. Depending on which you attend, you'll either be hounded by marines or adults who simply have a passion for beating students. Regardless, the main problem is the Director, who's decided to control every facet of our lives."

The way the young man spoke would carry an undercurrent of fury, as his own anger towards the system itself had never cooled. How much he said was truth or mere opinion, however, even Nero would be unable to distinguish.

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 19:03:36 GMT -6 »

[/ul][/font]

nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 1:47:44 GMT -6 »

If Nero noticed Solana's inner turmoil, the boy made no mention of it, opting instead to continue looking ahead at the path they were taking. When focusing on matters dealing with the school board, the former gang member had the tendancy to become very narrow minded, even to the extent of ignoring the obvious. However, the question posed to him moments after he had spoken was one he hadn't been asked before, and as such, took a few seconds of thinking before he would finally reply.

"This system... no, this school board took something precious from me. Now I attend that school to show them exactly who they shouldn't have fucked with."

Nero's pace would quicken slightly, an unconscious reaction to his frustration. From the corner of his eye, he could see the briefcase in her far hand, though he had no idea of the strain it was currently giving her, nor the contents within. Nero had never been well versed at being a gentleman, or more accurately, had never truly taken an interest in being such a thing. Initially, he had believed that if it was too heavy to carry, she would have asked him to take it when he'd agreed to help her walk. However, as they continued their journey, he was becoming painfully aware of just how exhausted Solana was.

"Can you manage that suitcase? If you really are a runaway, I would imagine it's filled with quite a few things."

While it may not have sounded so, Nero was beginning to feel some concern for the woman, though the rapidly approaching lights of the fast food restaurants ahead helped to keep his slight anxiety at bay.

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 11:20:46 GMT -6 »

[/i] who you shouldn't have fucked with.. 'kay Tiger?"

With that I would place a small peck on the tip of his nose, before letting the handle go and attempting to turn back towards the direction we had been walking in.[/color][/ul][/font]

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009 11:21:41 GMT -6 by sven » Back to Top  
              nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 22, 2009 23:29:58 GMT -6 »

The moment it had been brought to his attention, Nero's pace would slow back down to normal, a slight scowl forming on his face at the lack of control he'd displayed. While Nero had never really been known for his self-control, there was a time and a place for everything; now was certainly not the time to vent his anger, unintentional or not. However, Solana's sarcasm would shift his mood in a positive manner once more, a small smile growing on his lips at her choice of words.

As he attempted to lift the suitcase out of her hand, Nero would find unexpected resistance. His eyes would glance towards Solana's face, widening slightly in surprise as she came closer, entering his personal space unexpectedly. While Solana's warning would have caused Nero to smirk at the way she turned his words back on him, however the peck on the nose cut that particular response off. Innocent flirting or not, she was constantly catching him off guard and surprising Nero, something he wasn't used to in the slightest. As a result, he had to take a moment to compose himself before speaking again.

"If that's the sort of treatment I can expect for trying something funny, I may have to do so more often."

Finally, the two would reach the fast food restaurant, Nero opening the doors by leaning into them, thankful they opened inwards as both hands were occupied. Once inside, he would nod towards the counter, believing that since they were at the end of their journey, Solana would be able to stand on her own while ordering, if she so chose. After all, he had no idea whether she cared about the impression the two would give, walking in and leaning on each other like a typical couple. Still under the impression that she was a runaway, Nero would demonstrate his generousity once more.

"Order whatever you want. I'll cover it today, since I doubt you're particularly well off at the moment."

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 23, 2009 18:37:19 GMT -6 »

[/ul][/font]

nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 29, 2009 14:58:07 GMT -6 »

"I don't eat fast food, unless it's unavoidable. It doesn't tend to agree with me."

Having grown up in a wealthy family, much of what Nero had eaten during his younger years had been upper class dishes, causing the young man to develop an almost unreasonably high standard for what he was willing to ingest. The mere thought of eating the greasy, salty crap that passed for beef made him cringe inwardly, his stomach already tensing up at the notion of such garbage heading into it.

Shifting his attention to his companion, Nero's eyes would widen slightly in both surprise and amusement at the amount being ordered, though he would make no mention of it. After all, Solana had been ready to pass out from both exhaustion and hunger, and since he had no idea how long it had been since she'd last eaten, he certainly couldn't find fault in her need for quantity over quality. When the two went to sit down, Nero would place the suitcase on the ground next to the table, opting to sit sideways in his seat in order to lean his back against the wall. Solana's question would cause the former gang member to smirk slightly, inclining his head towards her slightly, but not enough to directly look at her.

"For all you know, I could just be taking you back to my place in order to kill you in the privacy of my own home. There's thousands of 'What If?' scenarios that could be possible right now, but I suppose I'm feeling optimistic tonight. Unless you're trying to tell me something."

Leaning in slightly, Nero would finally look directly at her. Genuine curiousity spurred him on to continue with the thought, mainly fueled by Solana's own line of questioning.

"So what brings you out into the dead of night, barely able to stand, with just a suitcase and the clothes on your back?"

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2009 16:55:52 GMT -6 »

[/color][/ul][/font]

nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2009 22:25:18 GMT -6 »

Waiting for his answer, Nero would notice Solana's eyes glancing toward the door, causing the boy to look that way as well. Almost instantly, Nero could tell the man was out of place, and the fact that Solana had tensed up so much at the mere sight of him was enough to tell him there would be trouble. While not one to necessarily take a side in a conflict he had no stake in, the fact the man was dressed in a suit was enough to give Nero an instant dislike of him; those who wore suits either thought they were important, or enforced things for someone who thought they were important. In either case, Nero hated them, regardless.

Even as his eyes were slowly narrowing in annoyance at the man, they would suddenly widen with surprise at the girl now seated in his lap. As if this new arrangement weren't intimate enough, Solana put her arms around his neck and placed her forehead against his own, giving the very impression Nero had been thinking of earlier. The former gang member assumed it had to do with the new arrival to the restaurant, and the words Solana spoke would only reinforce that suspiscion. The fact they were so close made everything she said that much more powerful, as Nero could literally feel the words rather than just hear them.

"...When this is over, I hope you have an explanation for this. Not that I'm complaining."

Nero's hands would move from their positioning at his sides, one being placed at the small of Solana's back while the other rest on her leg, furthering the illusion. Through the small breaks of hair, Nero could barely make out the man at the counter, though not clearly enough to tell any facial expressions or the like. Still, the fact he hadn't started walking in their direction yet was a good sign, and in an effort to relieve some of the tension and make their acting easier, Nero would speak again, a smile tugging at his lips.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just using this whole situation as an excuse to get this close to me. If you're not careful, you could give a guy the wrong idea."

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 12:26:29 GMT -6 »

[/i] a good sign that he hadn't come over yet[/i]. I could only hope that he was one of those idiot thugs. But I had that nagging feeling that he wasn't. That even with my face blocked from his view he would still possibly figure me out. I mean how many girls have black hair with lavender streaks? And lord let him not remember my attire. But Nero distracted with his next chosen words, not to mention the light brush against the lips as he spoke. It was something that couldn't exactly be helped with the close proximity. Lightly I chuckled, cracking a smile of my own.

"Not that you're complaining right, tiger?... I wouldn't need to create a situation for that. If I'm not mistaken I believe this is the second time tonight I could've stolen a moment. Yet you haven't prevented nor denied me either."

My right hand began to gently toy with his hair, it helped create more of an illusion of passion, of intimacy. Then again I suppose it was more of a subconscience thing than anything else. I had already assumed he had a small idea of what was going on, or rather that it was the guy's presence that prompted this.

"Question is now, how long are we going to have to keep this up? I can't really see anything through my hair too well."

The male had moved up in the line and was now only one person away from getting his order taken. Whenever it was his turn to order I hoped that he would take it to go rather than stay. Otherwise we have might to take it another step, to get out. Now I don't think he really paided too much attention to us, and I hope it stays that way.[/font][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 9, 2009 12:28:45 GMT -6 by sven » Back to Top  
                    nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 13:02:00 GMT -6 »

OOC: Argh, sorry, sorry, sorry. :(

IC:

"Are you hinting that the third time will be the charm?"

Nero couldn't help but participate in the banter, despite the tension he could feel in the air. Even in this situation, he found the conversation entertaining, amusing, and well worth pursuing, regardless of what the outcome had the potential to have. If he talked too much, then it would the illusion of the two of them having such an intimate moment, though he supposed it would appear he was whispering sweet-nothings to her. Still, it was better to be safe than sorry. Despite knowing it was meant to further the illusion, Nero couldn't help but feel more relaxed as she toyed with his hair.

A glance to the left would be the only answer Nero gave to Solana's question, his eyes watching the man in line step up to place his order. Nero wasn't sure of whether he was armed or not, but he had already started to plan out the best manner to attack should it become necessary. The main problem, of course, was the fact he had someone sitting on his lap, hindering any chance at surprising the man by leaping out of his seat.

His inner musing would be brought to an end by the man turning away from the counter, bag of food in hand. The man's gaze would wander across the restaurant casually, and when Nero noticed it passing over himself and Solana, his hands clenched slightly, muscles tensing in the case of a confrontation. The former gang member's fears would go unfounded, this time, as the man would apparently see nothing suspicious, walking towards the door leading to the parking lot. Slowly, Nero would let out a breath he hadn't been aware he'd been holding.

"Looks like we're in the clear, for now."

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 1, 2009 12:39:17 GMT -6 »

OOC: No need. I've been a little MIA myself.

[/i] brief second there was a slight bit of contact, but as soon as I felt the softness of his lips I quickly moved my head back slightly. My eyes looked off in the opposite direction of the guy, feeling a embarrassed by that. Which was pretty odd considering I'm used to such a thing. I suppose if I think about it I would have to blame the given situation for my nervousness, and slightly embarrassment. Hearing that the coast was clear, I too let out a breath of relief as I let me head fall into his shoulder, turning it a bit so that my face was buried in his neck just a little.

"It felt like forever."

I sighed again. I could feel my heart beating a thousand times faster than it should, but yet it was slowly coming down.

"Sorry about the, umm you know.. I didn't mean to do that, you startled me when you tensed up... But umm... thank you again, now I really owe you."[/color][/ul][/font]

nero

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 9, 2009 0:30:53 GMT -6 »

OOC: Kinda short, but it's leading up to your post, I think. Hopefully. :P

IC:

In the brief moment their lips met, Nero's eyes would widen considerably, surprised at the apparent boldness Solana possessed. He hadn't expected his teasing to meet with such a sudden result, though, and it would cause a slight blush to form on his cheeks. The former gang member was too shocked to really be particularly angry or upset over being 'taken advantage of', as it were, and before he could sort out what exactly he thought of the moment, Solana had already apologized.

So it was an accident, then, not more of the illusion.

"...I guess you do owe me. Especially since I hadn't expected you to steal the moment so soon."

Tilting his head down to look at the girl, Nero gave her a teasing smile. The more he thought about it, the more he was sure Solana was telling him the truth, though he supposed it didn't particularly matter. With the man in the suit long gone, he found himself in a decidedly good mood, tension free. The only thing that was particularly worrying, however, was the question of why the men were after Solana in the first place. They didn't seem much like government types, giving Nero the impression that it was over something illegal.

"So. If you'd like to repay me for anything, you can start with telling me what exactly is going on? I'd prefer if men in suits didn't beat down my dorm room door with guns drawn, since I enjoy some semblance of privacy."

sven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 9, 2009 7:13:51 GMT -6 »

OOC: Don't worry about length. Truthfully I've always felt that as long as the quality is there, length isn't a problem. ^^

[/color][/ul][/font]