Author Topic: Recuperation [Open] (Read 730 times)
shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
« Jun 19, 2009 0:32:34 GMT -6 »

[/b]

That was all she said, not seeing any reason to say anymore. She had heard his answer and that was enough. To know that his intentions were and will be the same was enough for her. No need to delve any further.

Ryorin was still looking up, into the tree and up ahead to the sky above. Her curiosity wanted to go further, so she'd risk the personal question.

"So, is being bored and wanting to cause anarchy and flip this place on it's ass your only reason for this, or are there more reasons?"[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
    « Jun 19, 2009 1:10:20 GMT -6 »

"See, you take what I say too literally sometimes, Ryorin. Do you really think I'd go out of my way to do what I've done, to consider even larger scale things, just for the sake of boredom? I have my reasons, but I see no need to share them. Besides, it's not anarchy when everyone's fighting the same opponent. That's war."

He smirked at her for that one, then almost as an act of pity, sighed before he corrected himself.

"Alright, scratch that. I'll explain something...The fact is, I don't believe in the worth of the system. Of the act of people who pretend that they're doing us all a favour by protecting us and preparing us for the real world. It's a farce, and you know that yourself. This place actively encourages the faculty to discipline a student for acting out, yet who really defines that? The faculty member, and as such instead of a fair, reasonable system there are people who revel in attacking students because they know they can get away with it. There are people in authority at all schools, including several that I remember from Thailand, who claim to be doing the right thing when all they end up doing is exploiting the ability to lord over others who have no rights."

He rested the book on his chest as he sighed, flicking his eyes back at the girl. "That's the point, in the end. None of us actually have any rights at these places. They make it look like we do, but it's obvious that if it comes to it, their word is law. They decide everything, and we have no choice but to adhere. They can punish us and demean us simply because they think it appropriate, and at the end of it call it a disciplinary method.

That, Ryorin, is one of the reasons I'm doing what I am. Your peaceful method may be noble and idealistic on paper, but it's unrealistic. Sure, you could expose a school for what it is, but how hard do you think it would be to create a cover up, or alter it to something better? I fight because one of two things will happen. Either I'll win, or I'll lose. There isn't a middle ground, no 'no-mans-land' where the lines blur, either I can do something to affect an immediate change, or I'll fail miserably. Fact is, I need to get enough eyes my direction before that'll start working."

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
    « Jun 19, 2009 1:32:51 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She asked him after he said his reasons, grateful that he had at least explained something. She had not taken his words literally, but spoke as if she had taken them literally, in an attempt to help him tell her.

She had asked him that because she was wondering if he realized what was going on. The faculty speaks that they take up arms and enforce rules because the students force them to with their rebelling and violence, yet it is their actions that cause the students to rebel and act with violence, and because of that, the students will rebel and such. It was an endless circle, with both sides blaming the others for their misdeeds yet it was both sides were to blame.

"The faculty say they take up arms and enforce rules because of the rebellious and violent students, yet it is because of those actions that the students rebel. It's a vicious circle that at this point will not end. I will say that the staff is right and violence isn't the answer here, yet the answer is something that they do not know because the faculty is too power-hungry and self-righteous in their beliefs."

"And what of the students that are fighting back in rebellion? They do so because they feel it is the only way to fight back? Because the faculty have taken up arms, enforcing rules, taking away the students rights. Yet it is because they fight back that the faculty does what they do."

Ryorin ruled over on the branch, barely looking at Aroon's direction, looking not only at him but the campus grounds.

"It is because of that that both sides are right. The faculty is right in their beliefs and the students in theirs. But it is also because both sides are wrong in that those beliefs are causing a needless circle of violence is being cast around the two sides, leading to nothing but suffering and hate. That's why at the moment your goal will be met with more resistance in order to suppress the 'slaves', the unbroken 'animals', and it will only lead to more suffering and hate. At the moment, because of those facts, my method is the only idealistic and reasonable idea on paper. Of course, my idea isn't as peaceful as you think. In two sides like this, solving a conflict like this would be hardly peaceful."

Ryorin let out a sigh.

"Damn, and I didn't want to get in a talk with you like this."[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2009 1:33:29 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
      aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
      « Jun 19, 2009 2:01:36 GMT -6 »

"Then once more, we'll agree to disagree...."

He cut short the debate with the single sentence. Having heard her out, he still held his own opinion in higher regard but decided not to perpetuate the argument. Reasonable on her part, but once again she neglected to consider one part of his side. The students wanted their rights, which is why they fought. The faculty then fight back, creating the vicious cycle. That was true, but what if the faculty had actually made concessions to give the students some of the base freedoms they should have?

Anyway, it was a lot of talk and a lot of debate, but he instead settled for lifting his book back up to his face.

"So change the subject already." he said, not looking up from the pages as he adjusted his arm behind his head...

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
      « Jun 20, 2009 2:53:48 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Subject...subject...what did Ryorin want to talk about. She was a bit hungry, but then that was normal. She was always hungry. However, talking about food? Nah, that was stupid. Martial Arts? Nah, she remembered what happened when she first met Aroon. That would result in another useless clash of ideals.

So, instead of thinking, her instincts spoke for her.

"Alright, then, what are you reading?"

A simple question and a start to change the subject. At least she hoped so.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2009 2:54:26 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
        aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
        « Jun 20, 2009 3:13:05 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, change it...."

The words were muttered calmly as he waited for her to make the effort, part of him slightly curious to see exactly HOW she would do such a thing. Would she try and strike common ground with him, or take the careful route and actually just go for something simple, mundane and ordinary, yet safe...? When she did speak, he paused in his page, setting his thumb to block the page for a moment. Yes, this would be sufficient.

"Angels and Demons, it's by the same person who wrote The DaVinci Code. It's meant to be a prequel to it, actually...."

He glanced back, the dark eyes catching her in the tree as he engaged her again. If they would have a realistic conversation that didn't delve into the typical (at least, for them anyway), then he would at least have the decency to present an interested front. As he waited for any response, he interjected a moment after his first comment with a shrug of his shoulders. "It's pretty good, I must say. They just made a movie of it, I think."

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
        « Jun 21, 2009 16:43:55 GMT -6 »

[/b]

For Ryorin, there were many other books that she would rate over that book. Of course, that was common. Was there ever a best book? No and Ryorin tried not to rate books. She enjoyed them instead.

"Any other books besides those as part of those two?"

If it was a long series with many books, Ryorin might be tempted more to read it. She was one of those that liked long series with many books that went into great detail. The Wheel of Time was a prime example of those type of things. There was something about reading those type of series that was really enjoyable.[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
          « Jun 23, 2009 9:00:33 GMT -6 »

ooc: Blargh, muse has been shouting at me.

ic:

"Yeah, I read that a couple of years ago...Never thought anything of a followup until sometime last year. Turned out a decent choice though."

As he spoke he slowly drummed his fingers over the thicker back of the book, an idle rhythm built of its own accord. This 'regular' conversation seemed almost surreal at the moment, and the Thai half expected a sudden and rather zealous return to debate on moral standpoints. However, instead Ryorin seemed set on maintaining the casual air for just now.

"I'm...not really sure. I never looked into it. I only heard about Angels and Demons by chance when I saw it in a bookstore. Maybe there is, it wouldn't surprise me though."

He shrugged, his eyes still shifted back in her direction as he spoke. He'd need to take the time to try and find out if there were any more in the series, even liking the book as much as he did when you re-read it this often it got to a stage where you could recite the plot almost word for word. With a smile he added, "But, I'll check it out. If there is, I'm sure it'll be no hard effort to let you know.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
          « Jul 7, 2009 1:19:10 GMT -6 »

[/b]

There was a huge dose of sarcasm in her voice. Like she really cared to know if there were more books in the series. She enjoyed reading, that was for sure, but something like this? She doubted Aroon would check and even if he did she doubted she would care or get around to reading it. She was also thinking too much as well.

"So, any other books you're into?"

The question popped out smoothly that it didn't sound like she was trying to force herself to speak about the subject. And that was because she wasn't forcing herself. This seemed natural to her. She just hoped that Aroon wasn't uncomfortable trying to lead a 'normal' conversation.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 8, 2009 21:46:41 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
            aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jul 8, 2009 19:21:10 GMT -6 »

"Don't be. I've made it clear before, you might have foreign ideals to me, but I'm not looking for an enemy from you. Besides, chivalry isn't quite dead, a gentleman can still offer assistance once in a while, unless I'm mistaken."

He shrugged his shoulders at her sarcasm, sighing to himself before he spoke up again, this time in a frank and dry tone. "Listen, don't humour the conversation Ryorin. It's quite clear that you're forcing this, and that's somewhat redundant in the grand scheme of things. Either talk about something you -want- to talk about, or don't talk at all."

He spoke with exasperation in his words, and he leaned down onto the grass again and let his eyes close over, a slow sigh escaping him as he hooked the book against his chest. He could do without the arguments or the tightly spoken conversations today, and as such he was washing his hands of this conversation unless Ryorin decided to adjust the snap in her tone.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jul 9, 2009 13:13:02 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She let out a breath and looked to the left to the clear patch of green grass as well as the blue sky before turning back to Aroon.

"We have different ideals. Get over it. If you're not wanting to make an enemy of me, then stop talking about it, otherwise the only thing in our heads each time we will meet is the fact that our ideals aren't the same and we'll be enemies. I'm trying to avoid that and lead us onto some form of common ground."

She would move to start to get ready to leave.

"So make a choice. Stop being a hypocrite and actually try to find common ground so we'll have some type of friendly thing going on, or keep the thought of our different ideals in your head and we'll be enemies."

She was about to leave, but stop herself. Instead, she climbed back into the tree, not letting Aroon destroy the relaxation time she was having. If she did leave, she herself would've been the hypocrite.

She spoke again, her voice back to the calm, smooth tone they were having during their conversation about the book.

"What do you say?"[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 9, 2009 13:43:55 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
              aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
              « Jul 10, 2009 2:18:12 GMT -6 »

ooc: Short.

ic:

"Hn..."

The single-sound remark was all he offered at first as he mulled over the words, working them around in his mouth for a moment or two. After coming to a decision, he finally spoke again, bluntly.

"Frankly, Ryorin, you were the one having trouble accepting it until now. Your sudden change in tone is surprising but, ultimately, convenient. Fine, I will attempt to strike common ground with you, but I'll promise nothing more on account of the obvious circumstance."

A slow sigh left the Thai youths lips as he opened his eyes to the sunlight again, blinking away the first few shots from the light. Rolling back his eyes, he caught the small girls figure again. "So, films or music. The topic is yours."

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
              « Jul 16, 2009 19:28:18 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Ryorin would say no more, instead taking a coin out of her pocket, tossing it into the air and catching it before doing it again for a total of five times as Aroon asked her about a topic. She didn't like the way he tried. He should talk what comes natural and not ask her. After all, to Ryorin this was about him and trying to do something different. Ryorin wouldn't complain and would at least try.

The coin came down the fifth time and she pocketed it again. Whether flipping the coin was to pass the time, do just do something and not waste time doing nothing or to choose the topic, not even she was sure. She tossed the subjects back and forth in her mind. Music she was more interested in. Hell, if she wanted to pursue that path she probably had a healthy singing career in her future. As for playing music, she wasn't skilled to much in that area. Her mother taught her some of the flute and harp at an early age, but there was a good chance all that she was taught had disappeared.

Music would've been an obvious choice, but knowing Aroon he might be more involved in films. Maybe that would be a better path for common ground. However, she soon called herself an idiot in her own mind, almost forgetting everything that was going on. Music interested her more so she would pick music. Why try to find common ground talking about a subject less interesting.

"Alright then, what music do you like to listen to?"

Again, the question was unforced. Calm and natural.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 19:29:46 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
                aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
                « Jul 22, 2009 0:55:32 GMT -6 »

He waited in patient silence for the first few moments as she flipped the coin in her hand, then after the third he mentally shrugged and returned to the book. He wasn't in any mood to sit waiting on her, so if she was to speak, Ryorin would do so. Simple.

"Alright then, what music do you like to listen to?"

Lowering the paperback, he smiled quietly. Alright, this he could work with.

"I don't really have a 'taste' as such, I'll listen to anything if I like the sound of it. That said, I do prefer heavier, louder music. Helps me think, actually, and it drowns out other noise." he answered, lightly spoken as he returned to the paperback partly. It was no hassle to do both at once, so long as he kept his 'focus' on Ryorin, he could read all he wanted whilst talking to her without missing a word.

"What about you, then?"

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
                « Jul 25, 2009 0:11:07 GMT -6 »

[/b]

In all this rock, pop, and such there were probably some religious songs out there, but she meant songs that were totally devoted to their god. There was just something that made her uncomfortable listening to.

"Not to mention that while I'm a great singer, I can't sing Rap or Country if my life depended on it."

She said with a bit of a laugh as she started moving the coin around in her hand, palming it every now and then, just as Aroon was reading his book, Ryorin was doing something with the coin.[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
                  « Jul 29, 2009 0:10:33 GMT -6 »

"Country is the biggest thing wrong with this damned county, with Rap a close second. Frankly, it's a self-perpetuation of stereotypes. Country perceives that every southerner is a hick with a banjo who beats his wife, rap perceives that every black person wants to kill every other black person for money, fur coats and fried fucking chicken."

He spat the words in distaste, shaking his head in annoyance, "I mean, jesus, don't get me wrong, I've no issue with anyone based on skin colour, but the entire genre just feeds the stereotype, and that pisses me off..."

Steeling his jaw, he silenced himself quickly...His temper was surprisingly flared by the sudden outburst, but he quickly reigned it in. Sighing to himself, he snorted in amusement, "Let's face it though, you don't need to be able to sing to perform either of them, you just need a bad accent...."

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
                  « Jul 29, 2009 1:53:33 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Well, it seemed that Aroon was a bit annoyed in this subject. Did he love music to hate what had happened or did he hate the country to making music how it was? Either way was a possibility for Ryorin.

"I just hope that the other music styles don't go down those same paths. I don't think the fans would allow that. I can just see the fans of some big band like Metallica causing bloody murder if it did."

Wait, that already happened. St. Anger...and boy was that problem fixed quickly with their next and latest CD.[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
                    « Aug 8, 2009 18:13:38 GMT -6 »

ooc: Blargh, I've been terrible. Posts will be more frequent now.

ic:

He stifled a short chuckle at the notion of an army of raging metal-heads and rolled his eyes. If anything was true, that was it. He was a casual music fan, loved what he loved and didn't stay 'dedicated' to one particular style, but he always got amused at the apoplexy of 'rockers' when their favoured band released a song that was even marginally mainstream. Metallica, as Ryorin had used for example, had already faced wrath from their fans for the --admittedly not great but not terrible-- St. Anger album.

He didn't understand why some people seemed to think it was in their right to dictate HOW a band played or what songs they did. The fact was that the market was always bigger than one person, or one group. His distaste was music that seemed to enforce serious negativity and perpetuate the worst of things.

"I think the only thing that could possibly top that would be seeing something like Slipknot releasing a cover of, hell, I don't know....Living La Vida Loca, and NOT making it ironic." he mused with a half-smirk on his face as he tilted his head back somewhat.

"Alright, on the spot. Favourite song of the moment, no lying." he shot with a small grin as he waited for an answer.