Author Topic: Recuperation [Open] (Read 727 times)
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
« Jun 15, 2009 21:08:07 GMT -6 »

With the bandage freshly changed on his head and his sling tightly wrapped, he stepped out from the dormitory and walked out into the courtyard...Yesterday, after Gil had returned him back here without crashing his car -something he would almost certainly have done, considering the strength of the painkillers he'd been given-, he'd passed out almost immediately after getting inside. Waking this morning, he'd questioned just why body ached before his eyes opened, and he realised that he was bandaged up.

The doping effect of the pills had sufficiently dulled his memory enough that it took a good ten minutes for him to recollect everything that had happened, and as he grudgingly removed himself from bed, he groaned his way to his feet. Apparently, his muscles were still aching from the days events. Looking at the end of his bed, he'd found the pill bottle with his painkillers, popping back a couple of them and slipping the bottle into his jacket pocket.

After a ten minute period where he had to almost re-learn how to dress himself with one arm, he finally managed to get himself prepared to go outside. At least it was Sunday, and he could just walk around without having to concentrate on classes or anything. He doubted he'd be up for anything like that for at least another 24 hours...As a result, he found himself out here, walking along the concrete path across the courtyard before he stopped, looking down at the ground in front of him. The tell-tale spatters of blood told him what he'd initially gleaned from half-returned memories, and his good arms fist tightened reflexively before he diverted from the path and onto the grass. Walking a good fifty feet away from the path, he unhooked his jacket from the single arm that wore it, folding it and setting it on the grass beside him as he sat down. Pulling the paperback from the pocket, he crossed his legs over and leaned forward to read the copy of 'Angels and Demons'.

The original copies from before the film was released, thankfully, were a lot cheaper to purchase than the media-frenzied versions that claimed to be a 'Major Hollywood Motion Picture!', and frankly looked a lot better on the cover...Unfolding the dog-ear he'd marked his page with, he sat in the relative quiet of a cool Sunday afternoon, reading and ignoring the dull ache from his injuries.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
« Jun 15, 2009 22:41:01 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Ryorin said with a small laugh. She didn't think that breaking an arm was funny. Far from it. She had broken her arm a few times during training. It hurt and it was difficult to do things sometimes. She just found it ironic and thus funny that he was potentially punished for his actions. Both Aroon and Ryorin knew punishment was going to come, but actually seeing it happen was different.

Of course, this could all have been from something else. Would punishment fall under breaking an arm? She had to wonder if it did or not.

She was not sitting next to him, but hovering over his left shoulder behind him, having came up from the path at a wierd angle. She could easily be seen from where she came from, but he might be too into reading the book to notice someone coming, especially on grass. Well, grass wasn't certainly quiet, but it wasn't loud either.

"This put a burden on any of your plans?"

She still held a light, calming smile on her face. She wasn't sure why she did. It was just there.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2009 22:46:31 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
    aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
    « Jun 15, 2009 22:59:10 GMT -6 »

"Neither, I had a run-in with a couple of folk who weren't to keen on the methods I'd opted for. That's all."

His eyebrow raised at the laugh, finding it oddly poetic that the little girl who preached an ethic of 'peaceful' protestation would laugh at his injuries, and shot an upwards glance at her. The footsteps had been heard, but he'd dismissed them without a second thought. Perhaps he should've looked over his shoulder at the very least...

Seeing the 'calm' smile on Ryorins face only served to raise his own ire slightly, annoyed at her apparent good mood in seeing him laid up as he was, considering she'd done nothing but condemn his actions any other time they'd spoken. As a result, when he did speak, it was sharp and almost snappy.

"And what business is it of yours, Ryorin?"

He didn't dislike the girl, far from it, but he was still annoyed at being caught off guard as he had been yesterday, as well as the double-standards being displayed to him at the moment. At least, from his perspective. Sighing, he looked away, back down to the book.

"Sorry."

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
    « Jun 15, 2009 23:12:26 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She understood that there would be people who didn't like his methods. Hell, she was one of them, but the difference was she hadn't done that to Aroon. She was a bit taken aback that some people did that, but than she realized it was understandable. What was the easiest way to get opinions, points, and ideas across? Violence. I.E. War.

"What business is it of mine? Well, it's just nice to know if you'll be inactive for a little while or not. Helps me relax a bit."

She was no longer hovering over his shoulder and was now standing to the left side of him, a good two and a half feet away. Hovering over shoulders was not a very nice thing to do and he doubted that she liked her too close. Well, any man would like a beautiful woman close, but their differences probably didn't make that possible. Well, she didn't mind standing close, but there was a chance he did mind.

"I guess an injury like that is hardly something to stop you. After all, you did have to expect some punishments and injuries along with it in your plan."[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
      « Jun 15, 2009 23:35:21 GMT -6 »

"Just because I'm an arm down, doesn't mean I can't plan things. Besides, this'll be healed in a day or so. Only a dislocation, after all. I'll be back to causing trouble by the end of the week."

He shuffled himself slightly to face her more appropriately, after having moved to his left, he rested his good arm on the grass so as to keep him supported as he spoke. Craning his neck was actually quite painful still, probably a result of taking the hits to the back of his head yesterday. Once settled, he carried on, folding the book closed with one of his fingers marking the page, hanging from the hand of his injured arm.

"Right enough. When you want to get things done, you have to acknowledge that you might get hurt. Just so happens this was a little off the beaten path for what I'd expected. It's fine, though. I left a couple of them in as bad a condition, so it's settled in my book."

That, he did smirk at. He could remember having used Muay Koshasan on his attackers, and it marked only the second time he'd used it on another person outside of a training environment. It proved itself unbelievably effective, if the memory served him correctly...The deadliest weapon in his arsenal, and it had destroyed three opponents when he was bloodied and half conscious with virtually no effort.

Just perfect for crippling the directors peons as needed....

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
      « Jun 15, 2009 23:47:05 GMT -6 »

[/b]

It was probably for self defense, after all, but he made it sound like an Eye for an Eye type of thing, a philosophy she didn't really like. Hell, it made sense and it certainly seemed to make things easier, especially with Human emotions. They see something and want it to be done or even worse done to the one who did it. Their anger wanted justice and more.

However, she did not bring up the Eye for an Eye subject. Knowing the two, it would lead to another debate on ideals that Ryorin just wasn't in the mood for.

"A dislocation, huh? I'm not sure whether to be happy that your well or disappointed that these things are going to happen again shortly."

She spoke with a laugh as she leaned against a nearby tree, shifting in her shoes. After wearing the uniform for a better part of a month, she still wasn't comfortable in the shoes. It just wasn't her. The same as heels. She wore them more rarely but hated them, and she only wore heels for special occasions or when Risa gets a little too...wild...with her paints. She remembered having to replace the majority of her shoes once. It wasn't a happy experience.

"Well, things are always happening, so it's the same either way."[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
        « Jun 16, 2009 0:03:55 GMT -6 »

"After what they did, they should consider themselves lucky I didn't beat them retarded."

His tone was serious, his expression similarly so, and with that he stopped that particular facet of the discussion, moving on to the next thing she'd said before sighing quietly, a small yawn creeping from his lips. He'd not slept too well the night before, even if the painkillers had sparked him out, it had been a restless sleep....With a shift of his head back up toward Ryorin, he spoke.

"Well, consider it a small respite on your part if anything. However, I'll be making up for the 'absence' with something quite spectacular."

He smirked, having said more than enough and leaning back against the grass with a groan.His head felt like it was pounding for an instant as the blood rushed through hsi skull...Closing one of his eyes, he stared into the clouds with his other as he folded his good arm behind his head. "Things will always happen, and better yet, I have a feeling that things are going to swing in my favour soon...."

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
        « Jun 16, 2009 0:24:05 GMT -6 »

[/b]

For the moment, Ryorin seriously doubted that. She hadn't seen anything different that she hadn't read about or seen firsthand. The tactics at the moment were the same and they would be seen with the same outcome because of how many times it hadn't worked. But there was something inside her that told her differently. There always was. It was hope that something might change. But then, you needed more than hope to get things done.

"Perhaps you're next plan might peek my interest."

Again, at the moment while she doubted it, there was always hope that there was something different that might happen. Something else was there as well. Perhaps the fact that this was a boarding school something else might also happen. You never know.

[/b]"Whatever it is, I'll be watching."[/b]

And planning. With each move that Aroon made Ryorin would watch and plan, taking advantage of the events that unfolded. While she didn't like it at first, she did have the feeling that his tactics might hold better for her in the near future.[/size][/color][/ul]

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
          « Jun 16, 2009 0:41:53 GMT -6 »

Aleece was actually showered and clean after her morning run the fact that it was Sunday afternoon giving her the perfect excuse not to really do anything other then take it easy. Her stuff was ready for school tomorrow and she had her PPC pulled out in front of her, working on the go after all…Her hair was down and wavy not having taken the time to really straighten it in anyway. She was perfectly comfortable in hip hugging faded jeans that had a few rip in the legs and knees, a gray tank and her favorite sneaks.

Her pace was lieasure and she was making her way off campus making to catch a late breakfast and early lunch because a double bacon cheeseburger with fries sounded really great right now…

With a breath in Aleece paused in what she was doing and stretched her arms up and groaning to herself midway pausing when she spotted a familiar form. Very familiar if it wasn’t for the bandage across his head and the sling his arm was in. Dropping her arms she took a few steps in his direction when she saw him leaning back into the grass, not even noticing the girl already standing there.

“Aroon?” She said her tone colored in concern, she had just seen him yesterday morning and now today he looked like this? Speeding up a bit she instantly went to her knees and planting a hand by his head as she leaned over him her long hair spilling over her shoulders in a curtain. Putting her PPC to the side she let her hand flutter along the bandage uncertainly not wanting to actually touch him by the grimace she saw.

“What happened to you?” She almost sounded like she demanded but smiled a little sheepishly before it turned into a smirk, “what? My company not exciting enough? You gotta go get yourself beat up?”

Aleece laughed softly her eyes wondering down his face to his shoulder before meeting his eye again and winking, “oh…so this is what you look like with a shirt on.”

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
          « Jun 16, 2009 1:30:01 GMT -6 »

"Yes, we shall....Though if my plans began to pique your interest, I'd have to question whether your heart was really in your motives...."

He rolled his eye to glance over at her, and he smirked at the comment that she would be watching him. Letting a chuckle flow out of his lips despite the pain it put into his chest, he quipped at the girl "Careful, you keep watching me and people are going to start talking..."

"Aroon?"

Recognising the voice, an eyebrow raised as he pushed himself up slightly to see where it was coming from. In doing so, he was greeted by Aleeces sudden appearance at his side, her hands hovering around the bandage on his head. At her query, he chuckled a little, shaking his head.

"Someone had a problem with some things I've been doing, that's all...It looks a lot worse than it is."

He cocked an eyebrow in amusement a second after though, matching her smirk. "Well, I'll keep that in mind to have you around next time so you can scare them off...", he quipped, slowly pushing himself back up with his good arm so he was a little more elevated. A moments glance over the girl made him pause in his words, having only seen her yesterday during the run as he had, he was surprised at the differences -subtle as they were- to her appearance.

"Yes, it is. I know it's not quite the same, but right now you wouldn't want to see what's under my shirt.", he grinned, the lilt of his words added to with a nudge of his shoulder.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
          « Jun 16, 2009 1:47:20 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Ryorin was watching him for a reason. making sure whoever would talk, did talk. She wasn't hiding that she wanted the system gone or changed. Many students wanted that. It really wasn't a thing to hide. She even wasn't against Aroon's goals. She was against the way Aroon did things to reach his goals. Hell, if he was any different the two could potentially work together.

"Don't you worry about them talking. I'm not too foolish to fall for that."

Another girl came up and Ryorin smirked a bit at her comments. She hadn't seen the girl before but it was obvious that Aroon and the girl were acquaintances of some sort.

"Well, I think I'll just let you two be."

She said with a laugh as she rose her hand to a branch that was part of the tree she was leaning against, grabbing hold of it with one hand and then the other, pulling herself in a small backflip to the branch above and laying against the trunk. It was the seat Ryorin enjoyed, being in a tree like this.

Despite saying leaving the two alone, she was still able to hear them unless they whispered. Speaking with Aroon helped Ryorin pass the time and this girl that came up to Aroon just might help that as well.

"Don't mind me."

She called to the two with a laugh.[/size][/color][/ul]

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 2:55:21 GMT -6 »

Aleece pulled a rather disbelieving face and raised an eyebrow when he gave her a vague at best answer, but it wasn’t like they were more then casual acquaintances one flirtatious filled meeting aside, she knew little to nothing of the guy banged up. Laughing lightly she sat back a little pushing a hand through her thick hair and tossing it to one side to be more manageable.

She was about to comment back when a voice made her look around to pin point who ever it belonged to not recognizing it at all, and it didn’t take long to pin point the owner. A small girl with brown hair, but Aleece didn’t know who it was. She wasn’t too familiar was the local female body she could admit, seems like her run ins have been distinctly more masculine as of late. Grimacing she looked back to Aroon and sent him an apologetic look when she decided she was going.

“Sorry,” she began, “didn’t know I was intruding on anything…”

Biting her bottom lip Aleece settled back on her bottom and leaned back on her hands giving Aroon a careful once over one more time. Humming softly she frowned a bit and cocked her head to the side still a little disbelieving that this looked worse then it was.

“Well I guess my plan to get you to run with me again and hopefully lose another article of clothing along with your shirt is out of the question for a while,” here she couldn’t help but grin widely flirting with him still even if he was obviously beat up on…she kept it light no need to get all serious because of a few injuries.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 12:51:02 GMT -6 »

"All things considered, foolishness is relative, I think."

He left his opinions at that, far from wanting to go into a long-winded debate with Ryorin about their contrasting ideologies once again, not least because he was in no state to do such a thing without likely losing his temper with her, and partly because Aleece had no need to be dragged into one of those, if it had any chance of being the back-and-forth it had been the last time. However, as she excused herself, he rolled his eyes at the laughter.

Glancing at Aleece, he shook his head at her concern she'd interrupted something, a small smile on his lips. "Not at all. She and I just have differing views that, for some reason, have to be argued at least once a week. I think there's a chance the world might end if we missed an 'appointment'....", he quipped, a light, lilted chuckle ringing from him as he turned to smile warmly at her. Having met her yesterday had been pleasant, but it had simply served to make meeting her again a further pleasure for him.

"Hey now, don't go talking crazy. Give me a week, tops, and I'll be out on the roads again. Really, the bandage is just an over-cautious doctor, though I'm not gonna argue the sling....By next Saturday, you can even pick the article. How about that?", he added the last remark with a teasing tone, gently butting her with his shoulder. He could see the vague worry that was in her face, and whilst he could understand it if not condone it, he didn't want her to be worried for him. Not for something as superficial as this.

With a groan of protest from his muscles, he leaned back onto the grass, exhaling slowly before turning his gaze back to the dark-haired girl. "So, how was your night? I trust it wasn't quite as eventful as mine....?"

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 13:28:32 GMT -6 »

She watched Aroon’s face go from mild annoyance (though she hoped not with her) to smiling once again and she ‘ah’d’ quietly at the apparent weekly debate team he was apart of. It was very hard not to sigh and want to give into the sudden nerves that attacked her at his smile or the sound of his laughing. But if anything she was stubborn damn it so she returned the smile and titled her head a little, “well it sounds like to me, that she just might like you.” Her eyes peeled to the side where she had seen the other girl walk off too. Of course her tone was joking but it was always a possibility. You'd have to practically a - sexual not to find the guy attractive or compelling on some level.

Shifting into more comfortable position beside him she kept her head turned to face him and her smile turning a little devious at the thought that she would be able to pick the next article of clothing to go. “Oh? You sure that’s such a good idea? I might have the pants go next and then you’ll be running in the nude.”

Aleece couldn’t stop the laugh that bubbled up at that though, the site would be defiantly pleasing, but coupled with jogging it was leaning to the more comical side. Letting her mirth taper off she watched him lay back with a groan and she stopped herself from doing anything to help him. Guys and their prides were astounding, and it was something she could understand herself. Her own was surprisingly large and felt the need to protect it almost constantly.

Humming to herself thoughtfully at his last question she nodded with a small smile of her own as she looked down at him, “ah no, it wasn’t. I’m actually a very boring person if you didn’t know nothing exciting about me at all…”

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 14:02:20 GMT -6 »

"Cheh, call me a big old skeptic, but I doubt that rather seriously..." he muttered, shooting his eyes into a roll at the notion before reaching his arm over to adjust the sling slightly, taking the book out of his hand, re-folding the page corner and hooking it into the sling as well. If he was going to be in conversation, better not to appear like he was half-interested after all...

With a smirk and a reach over to lightly flick Aleece on the arm, he wagged a finger at her. "Now, I suggested it, but you should be careful what you wish for. I should inform you that I have no shame....", he grinned in retort to her before he let his eyes close over for a minute. Not out of tiredness, but just the generally pleasing feeling of the brightness being dimmed by his eyelids for a moment....

"That's a shame, really...Next Saturday I'll have to think up something fun and interesting so you're not stuck, bored and waiting to bump into me again..."

It was a sheer display of arrogance, perhaps, but the teasing smirk on his face played to his favour as well. Besides, he considered that there were worse ways to ask someone on a date out there...

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 15:27:17 GMT -6 »

She would call him a skeptic, but you just never knew about some girls, usually there were some that didn’t know how to talk to guys. Like they felt the need to argue and pursue, but if they noticed, they were usually always around to argue about something or another. Pressing her lips together to smolder a smile she nodded her acceptance of what he said nonetheless.

Aleece didn’t stop the laugh at what he had to say next, she got that he didn’t necessarily have any shame or rather modesty if the way he had kept his shirt off the entire time they had hung out. Twisting to the side she once more place a hand on the side of Aroon and leaned over, an eyebrow cock as well as her own grin for the overconfident one on his face.

“Is…that your way of asking me out?” she said a bit quieter, her fingers curling into the grass and pulling lightly.

Not that she minded one bit to actually go out with Aroon, but she couldn’t let the opportunity pass up to make him squirm a little if she could. It was fun to tease him to get be teased by him.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 15:42:30 GMT -6 »

As she leaned forward, her head closer to his than it had been, he raised an eyebrow in surprise for a second before her words registered in his head....Whilst it wouldn't be too hard to find a suitable quip back, something to keep the mood light and airy, he decided that a touch of simple bluntness was in order as he lifted his head very slightly, closing in the gap between them a litlte more, yet leaving breathing space.

"Yes, it was...."

There was no smirk, no wry little grin, only a brief, almost smoldering expression in his eyes as he said the words. Lowering his head back to rest on the grass, he raised his hand to wave it in the air in a 'thoughtless' manner.

"Of course, if you're gonna shoot me down, then no, of course not, why would I say such a thing?", he added, this time with the trace of the familiar smile there. The closeness, whilst being a little teasing, had actually been more heated than the Thai had originally thought, and a small blush had crept onto his cheeks from it..

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 16, 2009 17:12:58 GMT -6 »

She hadn’t expected Aroon to lift his head to meet her there and for a brief second she thought…he was going to be bold enough to kiss her. Her smile slipped off a little and she felt herself flush (understandably) under that heated look. Her lips parted fractionally and the corners turned up slightly again at his words. When he put his head back down and waved his hand carelessly she grinned fully.

Cocking her head to the side and straightening but keeping her hand where it was she laughed a little, “well good thing I didn’t have any intentions of shooting you down.”

Running her teeth across her bottom lip she straightened completely and reached to her back pocket and pulled out the regular ball point she had there. (Never knew when you were going to need a pen after all) Clicking it open she reached for his good hand and jotted her number on his palm, not knowing if he had a cell or not (he probably did but eh..)

“Call me when you’re better….or you need sponge bath,” she teased in a laughing tone. In a bold move Aleece leaned down this time by passing that half way mark and brushed her lips against his for just a second and no longer before she pulling back again. “For incentive…” with a wink she grabbed up her pocket computer and went to stand up thinking that might be a good time to leave so she wouldn’t make an ass out of her self and ruined the smooth move by getting uncomfortable.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2009 1:17:27 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
            aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 17, 2009 3:20:14 GMT -6 »

Mentally he cheered, glad to not be left in a lurch, particularly with Ryorin surely still floating around overhead to hear if he did make a total ass of himself. As his hand was plucked over to be used as a notepad, he turned it over so she could reach his palm a little easier before jotting down the number...Fair enough, he did have his cellphone in his pocket, but there was something oddly...sweet about the action. Less formal, not quite so much the 'Let's switch numbers' ritual that seemed common.

Raising an eyebrow at the 'offer' of a sponge bath he considered a lewd remark just to retort her, but let it go. This time, anyway. Next time she just might find herself taken up on that offer. When she leaned in, he was still mid-thought and was caught off-guard by her lips catching his, blinking for a moment before she backed up.

Okay, so the usually smooth and wit-heavy Thai had just been rendered speechless for an instant from that single gesture, managing to lift his eyes back to her after a moment now she'd risen to her feet, her pocket computer in hand.

"Incentive, huh? I'll be sure to keep that in mind..." he said, the smile running over his face as he looked to his hand and back to her. With a slightly more composed smile, and his tone returning to the teasing lilt, he nodded once.

"I'll call you in a few days, then. That is if I don't bump into you around campus, of course...?"

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 17, 2009 14:12:23 GMT -6 »

When she was on her feet she swiped a hand across her bottom to clear it of any grass or dirt and smiled down at Aroon with a nod. Aleece didn’t doubt that she would more then likely bump into him sooner or later but one never knew and she had plans to be locked in her room until she had excuse to get out, with nothing but her computer as company.

“Of course,” she answered, thinking that might be reason enough to venture out in the daylight. She was all out of witty comebacks after that, “Well…see ya’.”

With one last grin she turned and headed off tempted to call out a departure to the girl she knew was around somewhere. She didn’t seem like she was finished with Aroon when she walked up, but still with a small smile her cheeks tinged pink she walked away her head ducked with her PPC in front of her acting as a distraction so she wouldn’t be tempted to look back. No need to trip up and make a fool of herself after all she felt like she was doing good here.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 17, 2009 16:52:15 GMT -6 »

Smiling genially as he watched her walk away, he glanced at his palm again before reaching into his pocket...

Plucking his cellphone free, he tapped the number in and stored her name into the device before flipping it closed, pocketing it once more. He let the pleasant haze of the moment wash over him once more before he rolled his eyes and tilted his head back over his shoulder, expecting Ryorin to still be perched in her tree.

"You can come down now, I'm sure." he said, a mildly sarcastic tone in his voice.

After all, unless she'd slipped off during the conversation, something he doubted considering the girls apparent ability to be a pain in his ass, he fully expected her to be practically convulsing with amusement at the occurrence in front of her just now...

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
            « Jun 17, 2009 17:02:13 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She wasn't saying that because she didn't want to calm down. It was the truth. During training when she was young, there were many times where they would camp in the forest for long periods of time. You had to learn to enjoy and live with nature to do so.

"At least you haven't devoted yourself fully to what your trying to do here, leaving yourself time for...'recreational activities'..."

She said with a quiet snicker.[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
              « Jun 18, 2009 1:33:38 GMT -6 »

"Hey, just because I'm devoted to turning this place on its ass doesn't mean I don't want to date. See, I'm so good at managing my time that I can instil general anarchy AND pick the girl up by seven..."

He shot the remark back with a raised eyebrow, leaning back into the grass and folding his arm behind his head. With a twist of his wrist from his slung-up arm, he procured his book once more and flipped it back open to where he'd been reading. Even whilst he began to take in the words, he smiled behind the paper leaf and spoke quietly, though certain that Ryorin would be able to hear him.

"Maybe that's what's missing for you...You're so focused on being the grand old hero that you don't have time to get laid. Hell, I know it'd make me insufferable.." he added, a smirk in his lips as he glanced up from the book into the tree, casting a wry smirk at the girl. Now that his mood had been evened out, he could shoot his jibes back with a little more ease, and reminded himself that despite totally opposing viewpoints, he actually didn't mind the little pain in the ass all that much....

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
              « Jun 18, 2009 1:59:45 GMT -6 »

[/b]

To be serious, Aroon had no idea how many things Ryorin did outside of these walls. Spending time with Cearea and Risa, gardening, singing at concerts, her underground 'royalty' life, and just walking around enjoying nature...and that was just to name a few.

It reminded her of a friend from China once said. Ryorin thought about the future and well being of herself and others, but she kept her feet on the ground, kept moving forward, never flying or reaching out too far. That Ryorin was the real deal.

"And what would matter to you more? Your devotion to this goal or the girl?"

Another question to perhaps pry and learn more about the guy.[/size][/color][/ul]

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Recuperation [Open]
                « Jun 18, 2009 2:55:57 GMT -6 »

:"Maybe, but I always keep one or two aside for you. I'm just that kind of guy..."

Whether the laughter was that of denial or one of a generally unfazed person, he shrugged his shoulder and returned to reading the book, flipping the page over after a moment and carrying on to the next chapter. He'd read this twice already, but it didn't get old. Always kept him on attention to see what was coming, even though he could probably list the entire plot without missing a thing.

The ache in his shoulder, thankfully, was dying down considerably. His painkillers had kicked in properly now, leaving nothing but a pleasant numbness where the pain had been before.

"Well, right now, she's just a girl. I don't know what will happen with her in a week, or a month, or whatever. My intentions, however, are stationary. They are unchanging. I may like to enjoy the finer aspects of life, but I assure you, I'm not ruled by the contents of my pants."

He flicked only a fleeting gaze back at her this time, though if she peered over she'd see the same smirk still on his lips as before.