Author Topic: Put It All On Me (Open) (Read 402 times)
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jun 16, 2009 15:53:35 GMT -6 »

Estimated download time 2 mins 16 seconds.

Sitting in the abandoned, (or what should have been) empty library the file Aleece was downloading was only at forty – seven percent. Her laptop was out and running hot and since she had been at this for a while her battery was running dangerously low. It had just taken longer then she would have thought to get to what she wanted without having red lights blowing up in her face.

God knew she didn’t want the consequences of just what she was doing to be brought down on her head, but she was doing it despite that. Tapping a finger along the silver casing by the mouse pad she chewed on her bottom lip a little to anxiously.

It was always something when doing exactly what she was doing, attempting to anyways and especially while she had the galls to do it on her own school, still dressed in her fatigues her cover sitting on the table next to her and using the schools wi fi connection. The thought was kind of ironic and was enough to make her grin to herself as she ran a finger under her lip, leaning back.

If she got this, then she would learn a few things well more then a few things quite a bit and then…then she could start to break ‘em down bit by bit, but she couldn’t be to greedy. It had to be done slowly so she wouldn’t be noticed. She felt obligated to after all, thanks to the headmaster…

Aleece had no problem with the Government, she had a problem with this here, how things were run and even if she didn’t succeed like she wanted to…she’d make sure to leave a permanent, irremovable scar on the face of the System…and it would be ugly and for everyone...to see.

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 11, 2009 17:55:29 GMT -6 »

Contrary to his ridiculously massive size and the common theory of brain against brawn, Will was actually of slightly above average intelligence. He was no genius, but he was sharp enough to get through his classes with acceptable grades. However, unlike many whose intelligence seemed to come almost naturally to them, his was one that he put effort into maintaining. Things didn't come to him quite so easily as they did others, so he actually had to study. It was an ironic thing to him, but he actually didn't mind the notion of school. It was the people within that usually pissed him off, rather.

As such, donned in the fatigue pants Knox had requested he wear, along with his own shirt that actually fit as opposed to their supplied clothing, far too small for his broad chest and thick arms, Will set down the chemistry book he'd plucked off the shelf on the table in front of him with a low grunt. He'd spotted the tan girl on the adjacent table tinkering with a laptop but said nothing, most of the time people came here for peace and quiet, perhaps a part of the underlying reason Will quite liked libraries....

Flicking the pages over until he found the section he needed, a lengthy diatribe on composite compounds and other such dreary things, he sighed and popped the cap on the bottle of coke he'd brought in with him, smirking ever so slightly as he took a sip. The familiar taste of the famous beverage was rather suitably overpowered by the sharp taste of the vodka he'd laced it with, a slower sigh as he licked his lips from the beverage and re-capped it.

Well, he needed something to maintain a focus on this shite, didn't he?

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 11, 2009 18:23:14 GMT -6 »

It had almost to hard to miss the wall of a person coming through the library doors make her do a literal double take with her eyes to make sure she was seeing things right. That must have been the biggest person she had ever seen...in her life. Quickly she looked down to her computer screen and shifted a bit in her seat when he made his way over and sat down at the table next to her, the space between them close. (Like there hadn't been a dozen other places to sit in here...) There was one minute remaining in her download and she'd be damned if she was going to cut it short, she needed the file.

Aleece wasn't generally intimidated by males, she had more guy friends then girl's, but size especially with her played a good factor in making her wary. When the download hit nearly eighty seven percent it decided to slow down and she had to stifle a groan. Sliding down in her chair a bit more she anxiously tapped a finger against the plastic casing lightly more to do with the fact she didn't want to be caught running this so hot.

Aleece sidled a glance to the side to the guy who had sat down when he took out a bottle of coke but it was something that caught her nose that made her turn her head completely to look at him as he took a sip. It smelled strongly like...alcohol and she raised an eyebrow minutely.

Unable to help herself she leaned over a little probably catching his attention if not the sound of her voice did, "your homework that bad you need some help just to get through it?"

It was obvious what she was talking, but her tone low nonetheless even if they were the only two in the library now, well other then the librarian.

"You know nothing should be that bad to drive you to drinking," Aleece added with a small grin, yeah the guys size a little off putting but never one to necessarily judge someone for their appearance she went on. "I'm a pretty good tutor if its gonna make you dependent on a crutch like that."

She hoped she came across as joking more then serious, she wasn't by any means trying to tell him not to drink.

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2009 18:25:18 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 11, 2009 19:27:07 GMT -6 »

He didn't register her speaking at first, mainly because he didn't expect to have anyone speaking to him. As a rule, people shied away from the Irishman, not something he minded in the slightest considering most people were annoyances to him, but it did mean he was sometimes a little slower on the uptake when it came to recognising someone speaking to him.

When he did turn his head, roughly when she picked up and carried on speaking again, he cocked an eyebrow at the small girl and listened to her words. His face was expressionless at first as he realised she was referring to the illicit vodka he was swigging from. He hadn't considered that the strength of the mixture would be such that someone could smell it, but he didn't notice it himself most of the time. It was the same theory that smokers had no recognition of their own odour because they lived with it daily.

Figuring he should at least speak before she wondered if he was broken mentally, he piped up and his gravelly bass words, muted as they were considering the fact they were in a library, began to flow.

"No' quite, but it's close enough." he fired back with a slight crook of a smirk on his lips. Her tone suggested humour to him, and that was good. If she hadn't any intention to drop him in it then he could joke back with her. Unscrewing the cap again, figuring that her notice now made it redundant to hide it, he chased another swig with a slow exhale, the fiery liquor leaving a pleasant burn on his lips and tongue.

"Nothin' drives me tae drink, I jus' like it mair than the average." he added after the sip, a shrug of his massive shoulders as he shifted in his chair, the piece of furniture creaking and groaning under his weight uncomfortably, "But it's nice tae see someone cares, all the same." he shot with a quiet snort of amusement.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 11, 2009 21:37:38 GMT -6 »

She hadn't been expecting an accent but when he spoke she tipped her head a bit, a gesture she realized she had when her interest was engaged. Aleece almost automatically wanted to say he was Irish, but she hadn't run across many Irish people before in her life time, instead her slight smile turned up a bit more forcing a dimple onto her left cheek at the rather lopsided expression. Watching as he took another drink she raised an eyebrow apparently he had no problem with drinking where ever he wanted to, no less in school.

The drawl in his timber made it a little hard to follow but she managed alright, coming from a family that spoke in a mixture of English and Spanish. Quite different from an Irish accent but she managed to get along well enough, though she had to eye the chair he sat in with a little reservation when he shifted. He was just so...big...

Leaning an elbow on the table next to her lap top she tilted the screen down a little and pushed the machine away from her to make her slouching comfortable. "So what are you workin' on?" Even asked she stole a look down at his book and paper before glancing back up and smiling a little apologetically, "sorry...I'm Aleece, by the way."

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 11, 2009 22:53:00 GMT -6 »

He took care to neutralise his brogue as he spoke, knowing that most folk found it hellish to interpret when he got going. As such, he made efforts to lower it, rather than repeating the same thing three times. When he finished and returned to the tome in front of him, he'd barely flipped a page when she actually spoke again. This, to date, stood the record for the longest conversation a girl in high-school had maintained a conversation with Will.

Raising his eyebrow without looking up, he maintained the lighter accent. "Jus' reading up oan some things, is all....Chemistry, since y'asked." he offered as he lifted up the front cover of the book so she could see it. When she offered her name, he nodded and on the rise of his head, angled his neck to look over at her before he offered his name.

"Will." he said, a monosyllabic reply as he nodded curtly at her. Shooting a flick of his head over at the laptop, he retorted her question. "And you?"

Figuring she was likely working on something as well, he opted for the common ground conversation for now. She was polite enough and hadn't shown disdain to his love of liquor, so she was alright by him so far. Unscrewing the bottle, almost on the thought, he chased back another gulp of the vodka-mixed beverage before capping it.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 1:02:18 GMT -6 »

Aleece dipped her head down a little to get a good look at the cover of his book when he gave her a look and nodded, just happened to be one of her favorite subjects actually. Just another puzzle for her to pick apart...a very complex and frustrating puzzle but one she liked nonetheless. When he introduced himself her smile evened out a bit but his question right after it made her take a short glance at her screen to see the download at ninety seven percent. Almost done.

"Oh, just a couple downloads," she said lightly turning back to look at him and noticing he had lifting the bottle to take another drink. Other then the two cups of Baily's with Hicks she hadn't had anything remotely alcoholic since. Aleece didn't think she'd ever grow to have a taste for it personally...she didn't like to have the feeling of her senses being dulled or not being in total control of all her facilities.

But to each their own she supposed, "so...are you new here? I'm sure I'd have seen you around before."

With a quiet laugh she raised her eyebrow curiously wondering if she was bothering him but as she sat here with nothing to do she didn't want to come across as rude or snobbish by saying nothing. On the other hand...he was trying to work. Well if he was bothered she was sure he'd just ahead and tell her? Maybe?

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 1:17:33 GMT -6 »

He nodded as she explained she was in the middle of downloading, but he left it at that. No point asking what she was downloading, mostly it was none of his business. Instead, as he recapped his bottle and set it down in front of him, he cocked an eyebrow when she asked if he was new.

A fair question, really. He was hardly going to be easy to miss in the long run if he'd been attending before. A single chuckle of muted laughter preceded his words as he leaned back in his chair carefully. He was sure this thing was going to buckle under his weight sooner or later, so was being careful with it.

"Actually, aye. I arrived last week. I've been...away, for the last year an' a bit, jus' got back in a wee while ago...." he offered with a small smirk, leaving the specifics unspoken for the time being. The fact she was speaking with only minor trepidation was a plus, if he explained that he was not long out of a secure facility for apparent violent crimes he had a sneaking suspicion she'd end the conversation rather sharpish.

"What gave me away, then?" he joked, a raised eyebrow accenting his words as he thumbed the book pages. It was personal study, not essential, and something he could work on another day if need be. Conversation was a rare commodity for Will, at least outside the Sons of Judas...

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 1:58:32 GMT -6 »

Aleece was almost tempted to ask where he had been but she didn't leaving it alone, she was almost sure she wouldn't be running into this guy again...more then likely, so it wasn't her business. When he asked what gave him away she laughed again a little louder then before but still soft, though the librarian looked over and sent her a a short shush.

"Oops," she muttered making a short face at the woman before turning her attention back to Will grinning still. "Oh I dunno what could possibly have given you away."

Her teasing and sarcasm was clearly noted she was sure as she arched an eyebrow in return as well lifting her head out of her head and straightened a bit in her as she let her hand fall to his bicep. Now Aleece was a firm believer in personal space but she just couldn't help herself. Again...big.

It was almost discouraging to see that her hand didn't make the width of his arm, from thumb to pinky didn't make the expanse, and she could feel the solid mass underneath. This place seemed to be filled to the brink with power houses, but Will by far, took the cake so to speak. With a sigh Aleece looked up a small frown replacing her smile, "guess I shoulda drank more milk as a kid, huh?"

Her mild joking was highlighted by her smile as it cut back across her face and she drew back her hand, as if just realizing how personal she got by just touching the guy like she knew him or something.

"Sorry," she muttered. Aleece could feel her cheeks heat up and the tips of her ears as she turned back in her seat and straightened her screen noticing the download was complete. She just had to clean up her tracks before pulling out and closing up.

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 2:21:57 GMT -6 »

He gave a faint grunt of amusement a moment before her hand landed on his arm, and out of reflex at the unexpected contact, his arm twitched causing the muscle to bulge further under his already taut shirt and her hand. A short flick of his head sent a curious glance at her as his brow furrowed, though she settled his momentary tension with her joking comment.

"Aye, well, personally I just ate mah spinach...." he fired back, shrugging his massive shoulders as her hand dropped off him. When she apologised, he raised his hand and waved off the apology. She'd not offended him; made him a little on edge as he wondered exactly what she was doing perhaps, but certainly not offended him. Besides, it probably had more to do with his general pattern with women. The vast majority of the time, it was the Irishman who simply picked out who he would take home on a night. Women rarely approached him, somewhat unnerved by his size.

"Nae harm done, lass...." he replied as he watched her sit back to her laptop for the moment. He shifted his hand on the book and thumbed through a page or two, cracking open his bottle and swigging more of the strong brew, closing his eyes as he let it heat his throat.

God, he loved vodka.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 2:51:55 GMT -6 »

It was a pattern and fail proof plan she had done many many times when hacking a system so it didn't take her long to clean up and get out before much to more time could pass; she even grinned over at Will when he mentioned no harm no foul. Well he could easily snap her in two so...she was glad he wasn't all the much bothered by her actions, she had just been comparing out of curiosity. Sated she would make sure not to push it any more.

Clearing her throat she let her fingers walk across the keys more from memory and habit then anything even as she spared him another glance quickly when he took a drink again. The smell was strong enough to catch her attention and she glanced up over her screen to the librarian was eying the two of them pretty closely now. Finally, Aleece got to a place where she could pause, the taping of her fingers on the keys quieting a bit.

"Uh, I don't mean to be pushy or anything and I'm sure it won't faze you a bit...but," she gestured subtly with her head to the librarian before going back to her work, making sure that she had done what she was supposed to so she would find herself in trouble. There was always a possibility her efforts weren't enough and that someone would surely find out. "She's lookin' at you awful hard." Meaning she thought the librarian was suspicious of his coke...

Finally she finished and could disconnect and shut down her computer completely, letting it finish the cycle as she bent over to retrieve her bag pulling the power cord from the wall while she was down there before straightening. Wrapping the cord around the battery so she could stuff it in the side pocket, then when the screen went black she closed the laptop and put it away. Zipping the case shut she looked over to Will, the thought had crossed her mind to ask him if he wanted to get out of here, but he didn't look like the go and hang out over ice cream type...

...though it didn't mean they had to hangout or something. "I think she's getting about ready to kick us out any way, wanna go?"

The library did have a closing time so she never tried to stay still then, having frequented more then once.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2009 2:54:32 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 3:07:05 GMT -6 »

When Aleece pointed out that the librarian was spying him out, he snorted and cracked the bottle again, this time tipping back the last of the mixture in a much longer gulp, a half-muted belch passing from behind his hand as he re-capped the bottle and flung it with deft ease into a rubbish bin a few tables away, landing the shot with a small grin.

"She c'n look all she wants, I'd love tae see her try an' drag me tae the office." he retorted as he folded his arms behind his head for a second, rolling his thick neck and letting a couple of the bones within crack subtly. A quiet groan left the Irish mammoths lips as he exhaled slowly. Decent alcohol tolerance or not, he'd mixed the vodka at least three parts to one of coke., just enough so the colour wasn't impaired by the foreign addition. To say the burly celt was suitably developing his buzz was an understatement.

He listened to the muted sounds of her tinkering with the computer behind his closed eyes, and when she suggested they leave he cocked an eyebrow before glancing at his wrist.

Damn, time did fly when you were having fun.

"Fair enough, lead the way, I think I c'n just about get along without fallin' oan my arse...":he jibed as he grinned, the slight glaze of a mildly drunken buzz in his eyes. He was certainly capable, but his common-sense switch had been firmly turned to 'off' for now. As such, he pushed to his feet and plucked up the Chemistry book. As he approached the desk, he dropped the thick tome on the librarians desk with a grin, "I'll be back f'r this tomorrow, awright?"

He glanced over his shoulder, craning his head at the small girl who'd taken the liberty of his company. "Anytime ye're ready, then."

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 3:49:41 GMT -6 »

Her eyes widened a bit when she noticed him tip back the remainder of the coke bottle and drain it completely. She wasn't sure how strong the drink in their was but he drank it down like it was nothing but water and she tipped her head in a grossly fascinated way watching as he threw it deftly into the trash bin and got up.

Aleece was spurred into action when he called to her and she stood throwing the strap over her head so the bag rested against her right hip, and the padded strap was on her left shoulder. She didn't have anything else with her so there was nothing else to keep her from hurrying along close behind Will noticing just how tall he was now they were standing next to each other.

She didn't bother looking at the librarian as she made her way out and into the hallway reaching for her cover tucked into her belt behind her back and put it on her head. With a flick of her wrist she straightened out the back of her jacket and even if she knew it was against regulations to be carrying something on her shoulders in uniform she really didn't want to hold it in her hands. Aleece would just hope that they didn't run across anyone that cared.

As much as she didn't mind being in a library or even her own room, being outside was nice and she stretched a little having spent far to long in the library already. Letting her arms drop when her stomach growled, cramping a little in hunger making her frown. A burger sounded great right now but she'd have to go back to her dorm get changed and go out just to get it...which wasn't exactly appealing.

"So," she started off, turning to face Will as she started to walk, not surprised she had to look up as she did. "You said you just got here last week. Done anything fun since you got in?"

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 12, 2009 4:04:49 GMT -6 »

They walked in relative silence for the first minute or so, Will quite content in his alcohol-induced buzz and Aleece clearly pondering something of her own. He looked to the side and down; for he had to look down lest he look over the top of her bloody head, she was so short compared to him, and gave a brief smirk of amusement as he stood where he was.

"Oh, this an' that, nothing of any real importance, I guess." he said, whilst inwardly he was thinking 'Nothing I'd tell you, simply because you'd probably run for the bloody hills at the thought of it.'. His lips parted into a slightly wider grin as he slipped his hands into the fatigue pockets, the 'tap' of the boots on the laminated flooring echoing in the mostly empty hallway. "Mostly jus' re-adjustin tae the temperature difference between here an' Alaska, as well as a few other 'amusements'."

He chuckled as he considered a few of those amusements, thinking that he might go find her at the bar he frequented later, but dismissed the idea for the time being. It was too early to hit bars. Never to early to hit drinking, perhaps, but too early to hit bars, even for the lush Irishman. With a slight lean to his right, he unbuttoned one of the pockets on his pants and pulled out a small screw-top flask with a grin at the small girl at the side of him.

"See, now this is the stuff....This'll put a fire under yer feet, f'r sure...." he joked as he took a small swig of the strong liquid, neat vodka this time, now that he wasn't disguising it for the sake of being sneaky.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 13, 2009 16:13:29 GMT -6 »

When Will answered her question Aleece was left with the impression he was indulging her answering at all, like he had done something, but he wasn't going to give up what exactly that was. No concern of her thats for sure and she nodded raising a curious eyebrow when he elaborated a bit.

"Alaska?" She asked, not bothering to poke at just what these 'other amusements' where exactly. Aleece found if people were going to tell you something they would tell you instead of being vague and shifty about it.

She had to huff in amusement though when he pulled out a flask of all things and she returned his grin and continued speech with a wrinkle of her nose. Yeah Aleece understood that she was rather square, dull...any label you would want to put on her.

"Aren't you afraid you'll get caught-" almost as soon as she said it she waved a hand and laughed to herself softly. "Never mind."

It was obvious this guy wasn't afraid of much, hell she wouldn't be either if she was his size...but she was sure there was more to it then bulk.

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 13, 2009 19:14:16 GMT -6 »

"Aye, Alaska. Ye know, snow, eskimos, ice fuckin' everywhere...."

He snorted to himself as he made the elaboration, though mostly for sarcasm, and took another small swig from the flask before recapping it and dropping it into the fatigues pocket once more. She began to question his concerns for whether he got caught or not, but stopped herself. Still, she said enough for the Irish behemoth to chuckle to himself and glance down at her.

"It's no' whether they c'n catch me or no', it's whether they'd be able tae actually do anythin' about it..." he replied, his bass tone rough, but clear enough that she'd be able to understand him. "Don't worry though, if they try anythin', I'll be yer human wall." he added with a wide grin, chuckling loudly to himself. His buzz was settling in nicely and he could feel a nice fog of mild drunkenness settle in, causing him to find his own 'jokes' ridiculously hilarious.

Okay, so whilst he didn't have a drinking problem in the loosest of terms, Will over-indulged when he did. The saving grace was his massive size rendered him able to take huge amounts of alcohol to actually even kick in with his system.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 13, 2009 22:28:50 GMT -6 »

Aleece snorted out a laugh when he answered her questioning inquiry about Alaska like she didn't know what it was and she looked to the side to hide a roll of her eyes. "Yeah, yeah I know what, and where Alaska is," but the point of her asking it in such a way had been a rather round about way of finding out if he'd go ahead and let slip what was there for him. True she didn't want to prod him for an answer but she was still damn curious.

Looking back and up at him she caught his stare and smirked a bit at what he said. Aleece couldn't be sure if he was getting buzzed or drunk from all that alcohol but he wasn't acting like it, maybe a little more chatty then before, but that was is. Shaking her head softly and laughing again she looked ahead, when he referenced himself as a human wall.

"Don't worry, I'm a pretty fast runner, that is if I can't talk my way out of it first," she said slyly looking his way again out of the corner of her eye. Since coming here, she had to admit, the range of people she had met, and conversed with had been pretty broad, but this was the first time she had come across an individual such as Will. The unruly type yes, she seemed to associate with no other, but a lush...? Well, she supposed this would be one of those one and only meetings.

Though she was sure she wouldn't just run in the other direction if she came across him again with a small smile she let her fingers curl around the strap across her chest as they walked, "so everyones got a story, but what brought you to transfer to Knox? I'm sure Fremont would have suited you much."

Her tone was light and conversational, leaving it clear he didn't have to answer if he didn't want to.

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 15, 2009 22:57:17 GMT -6 »

As his massive legs paced with every stride, he mentally kept time of his steps. Mostly, in any sort of inebriation, it simply kept him from tripping over his feet, surprisingly easy to do at his size, most particularly with a healthy dose of liquor in his blood to jumble his thought processes. He just chuckled at her comments to being the 'talk first' type, shrugging his massive shoulders.

"Aye, well, y'can probably guess I'm no' much of a diplomat..." he observed with a wry smirk on his face, the faint weathering from working outdoors setting in a few very faint lines even at his still admittedly young age. Then again, Will had worked outdoors, school or not, since he was a young boy. It had been in his family to do so, and most of his childhood 'odd jobs' had been helping out on farms or building sites, places where, eventually, his size and sheer strength became an invaluable asset.

She pressed onto the matter of how he'd come to be here again, though in a different manner this time. Figuring he didn't really lose anything by explaining somewhat, the Irishman answered her a little more cryptically...

"Well, Knox wasn't actually my choice. A...friend recommended it, an' it sounded a whole lot better than what I w's doin' in Alaska. Besides, what's so special about Fremont, anyhow?"

He cocked an eyebrow as he posed back his own question, part genuine curiosity, part a minor 'lead' away from the subject of his stay in Alaska.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 16, 2009 21:57:33 GMT -6 »

It wasn't hard to believe that he wasn't much of a talker, and preferred to get his point across with his fists, or a bat...or...anything else heavy that's near by. But she didn't say anything to it merely smiled a little more and faced forward, working to keep up with his obviously larger strides. It was almost like power walking for her at the moment, you know feeling that burn and all that. Aleece stifled a small laugh at that and said nothing to him not minding at all really, it was good for her she supposed (she'd skipped out her running for the past couple days).

Her attention was drawn back to Will once more and she tipped her head up to look at him not really needing to look where she was going. When he said a friend had recommended Knox she automatically assumed that this friend went here, possibly the military based school.

"So you have a friend here already?" Aleece said in a light tone suggesting just how naive she really was, almost completely oblivious about a lot of people despite how they acted or looked. "Well that's great isn't it? At least you won't get bored."

She gave a split seconds pause to give his question thought...she had met plenty of people from Fremont and all she had to offer for his answer was a small shrug, "well I don't suppose anything is special about Fremont. Though I would have gone there myself if I wasn't in Knox for the uh...experience."

It was a good lead in for the military career she had planned, sort of like a head start on anyone else that might just be joining straight out of regular school.

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 22, 2009 2:22:21 GMT -6 »

The deep bass of his voice rolled into another quiet chuckle as she questioned whether he had a 'friend' here already, and he shook his head slowly. Slowly, mostly, not to blur his vision from the vodka that was, now, starting to bleed into his bloodstream with quite an impressive hit.

"Naw, no' quite. He's in Fremont himsel', I get the feeling that 'recommending' this place was a wee bit of a joke oan his part. As ye might gather, I'm not the top of anyones list f'r taking orders..."

He snorted in amusement down at her, "He probably thought it'd be a right laugh tae see what I'll do tae the first headcase who tries tae make me run drills or some shite like that. I shouldn't be complainin' though, better fatigues than that....thing they make 'em wear o'er there, right?"

He smiled, even though despite his efforts it ended up looking more than a little sinister instead of just amused and 'friendly'. Will didn't get friendly, he was too used to being the anomaly, the near-seven foot thug, the person people stayed away from and avoided conversation with. The Irishman had a handful of people he could call his friends, almost all of which were Judas members, everyone else was a face and nothing more. Some might consider it a sad thing.

Will? He fucking loved it. No hassle from anyone other than the faculty and Sons of Judas meant he only needed two methods of dealing with things. Punching 'on' or punching 'off'.

However, he was not quite dead inside. Talking to the small girl walking with him was entertaining enough in its own right, and she'd not come close to offending or annoying him yet. The fact she was fairly easy on the eyes was a good factor too, but he didn't chase high-school girls anymore.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 23, 2009 21:40:44 GMT -6 »

Somehow Aleece could agree he didn't seem like the type that took orders very readily, or at all for that matter. Nevertheless she just keep smiling her slight smile, in a almost agreeing expression, nodding slightly as she wondered just who he could know from Fremont. But then again that was her own curiosity peeking again though she wouldn't ask, however she wondered what kind of friend would actually want to get a laugh out of something like that.

Aleece didn't mind physical training herself and at the mention of Fremont's uniform she ducked her head a bit as they walked, remembering her own experience in that uniform. It had been an interesting day to say the least, filled with interesting run ins.

"I agree, I like the fatigues, and even if I didn't I would have to get used to it one way or another." She wasn't attention the ROTC based school for the fashion after all, unlike Will she had a purpose for being here. Unlike him she cared that she was here, getting the training she was, the headmaster was hardly even a care in her head anymore at this point, she was trying to work forward, keeping as low as she could, making as little ripples as she could manage, figuratively speaking of course.

Still..."this is kinda odd for me," Aleece said almost apologetically to her current company, "I don't usually get to talk to anyone from Knox."

Her...social "ring" of people which she found to come out of the neighboring school in the collective. Everyone here had pretty much pegged her for what she was, somewhat of a recluse, not talking a whole lot, and pretty much a nerd, but she liked it that way to an extent even if she did like to go out, be social...

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 28, 2009 22:47:49 GMT -6 »

The behemoth simply shrugged at the comment, a briefly pensive nod as he walked. Fair, some people probably did want to get a decent education from this place, and considering it was a military school, he'd wagered on a large number of them being Army brats who were after following daddy into the business. Some of them were probably fine, but the overall consensus so far was simple.

He, unlike Aleece, was here for no other reason than a move of convenience. The Sons had recalled him to Chula Vista, he needed accommodation, the Collective was able to provide that at no cost to himself. In return, he had to tolerate a few classes once in a while and wear fatigues, hardly a bad exchange for getting out of paying rent.

Turning his head slowly when she commented, he snorted in amusement. "And of a' the people ye end up talking tae, it's someone like me. Bravo, girlie..."

He chuckled to himself quietly as he walked, swaying very slightly with his steps though keeping his balance with the minuscule shred of balance that he actually had. For a few moments he just walked in silence before he actually thought of something to say, his thick brogue calmed as he spoke the words clearly.

"So, is there a reason ye don't talk tae anyone from Knox?"

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Jul 29, 2009 1:04:45 GMT -6 »

Aleece laughed a little when he congratulated her on winding up talking with him of all people and she quirked an eyebrow at that. "Well, you haven't given me any reason as of yet to think thatyou might be particularly bad company. And anyways you seem to hold more intelligence then the average rock that manages to roll around this place..." She grinned sweetly as she said looking ahead of her not noticing the fact that he was swaying a bit in his steps.

She merely hummed when he asked why she didn't talk to anyone from Knox and she nibbled on the inside of her lip. "Well...I'm not particularly someone, people talk to around here. I'm quiet, and generally stick to my own business....usually," her tone tapered off to something quieter before she smiled again and looked up at the guy. No need to get into the assembly thing that was her punishment right along with Ari's.

"If you can't throw a punch or take one around here you more then likely aren't going to fit in..." she said teasingly not minding at all that she was sort of an outcast, known as a nerd, and the quite girl. "Its just easier to talk to people that don't see you on a regular basis, and already have an opinion of you..."

Honestly she didn't care that she didn't socialize that often, and Will didn't strike her as the kind of person that cared whether she was popular or not. With a smile to herself she curled her fingers around the strap crossing her chest and pulled at it - relieving the fact that her laptop bag kept bumping into her hip with every step.

will

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Put It All On Me (Open)
« Aug 10, 2009 12:55:24 GMT -6 »

"Oh, don't be fooled by mah current lack of nastiness, I'm really no' the type ye should be fraternising with...."

However humerous the words had been given, there was a genuine warning in them. Will could be nice but frankly, he preferred hostility and violence. He knew it so much better than this nice act he was expected to maintain with people.

Still, the lass was pleasant enough and whilst he could've easily done as he wished, he was having a rare moment where the conversation was pleasant and he didn't want to swing his fists. He nodded silently at her remark that she wasn't too well fit-in in the school and snorted in amusement as he considered himself. The only difference was he actively encouraged the distance made, preferring to keep the weaklings at arms length at best.

"All too true, lass. People can respect a nice word an' it's all fair n' well, but folk know they don't want tae be oan the receiving end of a beating, least no' ffrom a guy like me.."

He shrugged his massive shoulders with a mildly drunken sigh and paced a little more, just letting the silence linger. He was doing surprisingly well by his own standards, that was true, but he wasn't a chatterbox at the best of times.

"Look oan the bright side, lass. Ye've got a six-eleven Irishman backing ye up now, so let folk have their opinion if they like, eh?" he smirked, his gravelly tone rumbling as he chuckled through his teeth.