Author Topic: obsessively opposed to the typical [Hicks] (Read 654 times)
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

obsessively opposed to the typical [Hicks]
« Jun 16, 2009 19:11:36 GMT -6 »

Aleece cursed herself as she jogged lightly toward the boys dormitories late, again. She had woken up late from a nap her shower took longer then she thought because she had gotten soap in her eyes, her straight iron had burned her and she was sure she had a bald spot now. Thankfully nothing was wrong with her clothes. Her fade washed hipsters and a designed white Henley Tank Top, and plan white classic Van’s weren’t even wrinkled as she didn’t think one more thing could go wrong this afternoon.

It never occurred to her that her clock happened to be a half an hour fast because she had accidently set her clock instead of her alarm the night before. No she didn’t even realize. So that’s why as she rushed to Hicks’ place red in the face and slightly out of breath from rushing, her blood pressure raised because of the (unnecessary stress) she had caused herself, she didn’t stop to think. Aleece found his door just fine and with a knock she waited a few moments, the seconds that ticked by letting her catch her breath.

But after about five minutes of standing there she frowned wondering if he had gotten tired of waiting and left…or…

….slowly when she reached for the knob she turned it surprised to find it unlocked. Without much more Aleece pushed it open and poked her head in and froze almost instantly. She had to blink a couple times to make sure what she was seeing was right. Right in from her was, him…

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 19:48:56 GMT -6 »

Hicks was in his room dancing.

By itself, having your girlfriend walk in on you dancing by yourself is a fairly embarrassing, let alone for Hicks who as a big white man of Irish descent wasn’t the best of dancers to begin with. As he danced in his living room though, there was more to what made this situation embarrassing…

He was singing.

It was a soulful ballad, with a little bit of Rick James’ flair mixed into it, sung to a tune he had learned watching Scrubs, the song’s lyrics were changed to meet the celebratory nature of the situation: though because of that, it lacked a lot of subtlety.

“GONNA HAVE SEX WITH ALEECE! I’M GOIN’ TO HAVE SEX WITH ALEECE! GOIN’ TO HAVE SEX WITH ALEECE! CAUSE SHE’S NOT MEETIN’ ANY MO’ OF MY FRIENDS!”

But, yes, even this was not the zenith of embarrassment for our young hero: who when he swung, definitely swung for the fences. In order to prepare for what would hopefully promise to be a night of possibly unprotected fornication and if he was a good boy and they both got drunk enough anal sex play: Hicks had showered in a hot shower and for the first time in his life: shaved his no-no place.

My pubes are shaved, my balls are trimmed, I’m ready to rock this shit…

And, as he was dancing around his apartment, Aleece had caught him in between tossing away his towel and this ‘pre-mating ritual’. Overall, this was a crazy moment, up there with taking the bra straps off of a pillow…

But, what made this truly and utterly embarrassing, was that Hicks shrunk up like a roll of quarters whenever he was nervous or embarrassed. And those emotions? Were honestly understatements when he looked at Aleece and spoke nervously…

“Well…ummm…aren’t you early.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 20:10:13 GMT -6 »

Aleece’s jaw had steadily worked down, more like it had unhinged permanently. There Hicks was dancing and signing…well she hoped that he wasn’t singing what he was. Surely as a response she felt her face heat up almost instantly at having walked in on this but she still couldn’t find a thing to stay, to maybe interrupt but it didn’t seem that it mattered much because when he turned suddenly and noticed her there he was first to speak. Snapping out of it quickly Aleece straightened a little still in the door way and not sure if she could get her mouth to close to really…say anything.

Gesturing behind her she turned unsurely before pausing like she wanted to say something but changed her mind and closed the door behind her. How did the two of them constantly find themselves in these situations? Aleece had no earthly clue but she leaned against his door and would continue to until she knew that he was…done with that.

Clearing her throat she brought a hand up and put it to her cheek noticing that it was inflamed and actually hot to the touch, actually her whole head was. It was then she was struck with what Hicks had said, ‘aren’t you early.

Early?

Pulling out her phone she flipped it open to see….she was a half an hour early, not late.

Pressing her lips together she dropped her hand and her head wondering what else could go wrong today. There couldn’t ever just be a normal day could there?

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 20:49:29 GMT -6 »

“I’M SORRY!”

Hicks spoke as he ran to his room and quickly slipped on a t-shirt and jeans, running outside while slipping on his sneakers, finally, coming across Aleece and staring at her a bit oddly and downwardly: he was still embarrassed by the entire situation: but really who wouldn’t be after their girlfriend just walked in on them doing their ‘Imma gonna get laid’ dance. Still though, he finally built up enough courage to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek…

“Ummm…am I the only one who has ‘Imma get laid dance’? Not that I expect to get laid or anything…I mean, it’s cool if you want…I did already do the dance…”

He sighed…

He always found the worse words at the worse times.

“So…how have you been?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 21:08:53 GMT -6 »

Aleece sighed a little when she felt Hicks hug her and kiss her heads her eyes pretty much refusing to go any further up then his cheeks. She wasn’t quite sure what to say but she tried and with a nod she answered him, “I’m pretty sure you not the only one…”

She was trying to brush it off like it was no big deal she didn’t want this to be a big deal and the absurdity of it all was once again not lost on her. (And acting like she hadn’t heard that last bit.) Breathing out a quiet almost uneasy laugh when he finally just asked her how she had been she shook her head.

“Fine…fine,” she said with a small smile. “Guess there was no need to rush around myself…I just realized I was an hour off, so I’m sorry.”

She couldn’t believe she had messed up her clock and with a shake of her head she looked up a sheepish smile swallowing quickly as she met his eyes finally, “and…what did you have planned?”

Back to some normalcy - if there was such a thing between the two…

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 22:50:23 GMT -6 »

“Yeah…”

Hicks, was in a predicament, could he be completely honest? Probably not after that display would he be getting laid: and now he didn’t have Jeremy to blame…though trust me, Hicks hadn’t heard the end of that incident…

”So wait, Hicks is fucking a girl?”

“Is she blind?”

“How big is she?”

“Nah man, she’s the genuine article: some nice perky tits, baby makin’ hips, shaved snatch…Hicks is entering the big league.”

“…”

“Oh, I mean, he was about to enter the big league, there was no entering that meeting…”

You get the picture. The point was that he had planned to lure Aleece into his dorm for some uproarious love making under the pretense of making her dinner AND watching a movie, they would then spend the night having a nice and intellectual conversation with sexual tension that you could cut through a knife. Hicks would incite her mind with how well read and cultured he was and she would no doubt want to have his children right there…

And at no point would he mention her fine ass.

But, of course, once you do the ‘Imma get laid’ dance, the chance for a girl to willingly come into your dorm? I would say it was effectively zero…

“Ummm…yeah, I was planning on cooking for you and us watching a movie, y’know, treat you right…because, yeah, I owe you for the lesson the other day…”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 16, 2009 23:57:21 GMT -6 »

Aleece saw him hesitate for a moment like something was running through his head and she found she didn’t particularly want to know what it could be. Slowly she grinned though at the mention of a dinner and a movie, but she wasn’t that naive especially after she caught all…that. Ducking her head down she nodded slowly pushing off the door a little and shrugged.

“Well since I’m,” clearing her throat she looked to the side briefly, “clearly early. Lemme guess you didn’t get to do everything you…wanted?”

There was something hesitant in her words like she didn’t know what else he could have been up to erm, get ready but she wasn’t sure she wanted to know now. Pulling out her cell phone again she flipped it open. “I think…if your game we can order some takeout? Chinese?”

Aleece didn’t know if every encounter they would have would be awkward and tension filled but there was one thing for sure, there was never a dull moment around him. He was certainly always entertaining and in his own strange way…thoughtful. But…when hormones were in involved…well there wasn’t much telling with anything when they had something planed.

There was, not much telling how things would actually turn out.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 16:59:45 GMT -6 »

“Chinese sounds fine,” he spoke calmly, “Do you mind if we take this inside? I have something that I need to talk about…”

He had been thinking on this for awhile, ever since the uniform assembly: he needed to do something. This collective didn’t see what was coming, it didn’t feel the heat: it wasn’t aware of what had just hit her, what knocked it out unto the street. While Hicks wanted Aleece to show up, mostly for the reasoning behind his very dance: but so he could discuss his plan with her…

A plan, that very well could lead to his death. And it’d be a pity for him to die a virgin: but you know, a man has to do what a man needs to do, don’t make the plan if you can’t follow through. As he looked at Aleece and finally he opened the door, he began speaking a bit more freely…

“I just, this entire situation with the school has been bothering me: the entire way the uniform issue was handled, the Machiavellian-edge to everything…it goes against my fundamental beliefs,” he sighed, “The Director is a smart man, he cares about our education: why would you want to get the shit pay of an educator just to torture kids? There was something lost in translation or maybe we just need someone who can relate to the kids more…”

He sat down on his couch and looked for a phone book…

“What do you think? You’re the smartest person I know…what did you think about that entire fiasco?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 17:36:40 GMT -6 »

Her slight smile dimmed when Hicks suddenly seemed so serious and she merely nodded following him in and stood listening to him her brow furrowing a bit when he began talk. She didn’t exactly want to discuss the collective and their system, what had happened at the assembly.

As she listened she found herself walking to the couch with him her disbelief growing inch by inch with every word out of his mouth. The Director a smart man? No doubt he was…but Aleece might think Hicks was a bit misguided in the man’s intentions. It caused her lips to thin when she thought of the old wrinkly bastard…it made her consequently think of the Headmaster. Both were a real piece of work. Made her body hum with disgust.

She felt her lips thin a bit as she didn’t look away from him and slowly sank down in the cushion next to him her hands going to her lap.

“I don’t think a single thing was lost in translation,” she said slowly looking away from Hicks. “The Director made it quite clear what his intentions were and what he thought of himself.”

Looking back at him she sighed, “its not just simple violation of uniform policy. You expect here in a military structure, and even a private school…. So there isn’t any surprise for repercussions. Forget oppressing individuality, but why make a public spectacle of it all, hell at all…when those students could have been taken care of in private. I think Director is sick plain and simple, and I mean mentally.”

Consequently that very statement drug her back to what she had been made to do herself, and it made her pulse pick up in anger. She figured out why no rebellion ever worked before to take over the system why it had been holding true for thirty whatever years…and she planned herself to take it down or at the very least mangle it beyond repair.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 17:48:19 GMT -6 »

“There are some students who need to be punished,” he brought it up, “Aroon, Hasawri: those guys are bad eggs. Rebels without a clue, they have no rhyme or reason: they just want the world to burn down and piss on it’s ashes,” he paused, “I’m not saying that everyone should be like Ryorin -the self righteous bitch-, but Aroon? Ari? Hell, even Nero, they get away with a lot: they abuse the system for kicks and they should be…quite frankly neutralized.”

He looked into the palms of his big hands…

“We’re all here to be something. I want to become a writer, you want to be in the Air Force: the foundations for the rest of our lives are built upon these few years, and how can we build them when you got kids going crazy with sledgehammers and flashbangs? Or directly threatening police officers?”, Hicks nodded to himself, “Until we do something and I mean we as the student body, the Director is just going to view us as monsters, animals: respect isn’t given, it’s earned and from the commencement speech we’ve done a shit job of doing so…”

He looked at Aleece…

“Us failing does him no good, he wants us to do well and he thinks the uniforms is the way to do so. That making us obedient also will accomplish that: and he’s right,” Hicks was speaking about his view of the system to the girl for the first time (most ran away at this point, Hicks had strangely unorthodox views for someone in the school system), “But, we should focus on the wrong-doers, the truly bad eggs: involving the O’Hare girl? That’s not justice…that involves nothing but cruelty…”

He finally found the number in the book…

“I’m going to fix the system Aleece…”, he reached to his desk and pulled out two packets, “These are big letters, that’s how you know you got accepted: Cornell, Boston, both of them have given me their okay…”

He sighed a bit…

“I’m not going, I’m staying at O’Hare…the Collective is my home and you don’t run away just because your brother and father are fighting…”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 19:23:24 GMT -6 »

Aleece was sucked into listening to Hicks once again and she noticed he didn’t comment on what she said or anything, which she supposed, was a good thing. She could agree on some of the things he said, hell all of it really. She just believed what they were doing here was a bit extreme and going about it completely and utterly wrong. The mention of Aroon made her brow furrow and while she understood his dislike for Ari she didn’t know what the Thai had to do with it…

It was something she would have to do some digging about but she’d find out eventually. For now she was content to play the innocent girl that really was ignorant to the whole thing and who stayed on the fridge everything. She had no problem looking that part.

Aleece watched him pull out the two packets and she tipped her head as she continued to listen not commenting or interrupting him as he went. She was slightly shocked to hear that he would be saying and her brow furrowed a bit from a frown when he explained why.

With a small sigh when he finished she finally looked up and straight into his eye the small frown still firmly in place. “And? What do you have planned to do about all this? You gonna take on the System by yourself? Change it?”

She didn’t mean to come across as rude or disbelieving but there were already so many trying to do the same thing but in so many different forms. What made Hicks think that he would make the difference? What did he have planned that he was so sure could bring the turn around…

Take out the ones that caused the problem? Well it mainly didn’t lie in just the trouble makers or the rebels…it was their government and the Gods here.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 19:49:07 GMT -6 »

“No and yes,” he sighed, “We need some sort of liason between the students and the faculty…”

He looked downward…

“After the ceremony, I went to the library and started reading more about the corporal punishment system, more on education and the like and I realized that, quite simply: The Collective is not a complete representation of the feared ‘system’, originally: there was something called the pillarship, but even what I know is messy, not many folks talk about the pillarship anymore I suppose…”

He paused…

“Pretty much the pillarship was a group of students -three- who would give their own peer evaluations: they were responsible for punishment when the teachers weren’t there, but ultimately represented student interests in the faculty: due to the nature of their jobs the Pillar and Captain position was reserved for the strongest of the students, so that was kind of a big target on the back of the captain…”, he paused, “The faculty has antagonized the students, the students don’t trust the people who educate them, whose entire future lies in their hands: and people like Aroon go about running around with sledgehammers and spewing ideas to any kid who would listen: cultivating the idea of pointless rebellion…”

He looked at Aleece and smiled a bit.

“Imagine, having someone who defended the rules but also defended the students: someone who could voice our concerns to a faculty that would trust him: if we just had a representative in the school dealings…we wouldn’t be so powerless,” he chuckled, “I set up a meeting with the Director and I’ll be petitioning for the enstatement of the pillarship and for the honor of being the first captain: people will view me as a kiss up, probably want to kick my ass for siding with the director and being a rat or something…”

He once more smiled weakly…

“But, if that’s the price I have to pay to ensure their best interest, than that’s what I’ll do.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 21:34:39 GMT -6 »

As she listened Aleece pressed her lips back into a thin line looking down to the coffee table as she listened to what this pillership was and she had to come to the conclusion it didn’t sound bad in theory. But she didn’t know how well that would work out for real. Depended on the student ‘upholding this law’ as it were…

She looked at him suddenly when she caught his suggestion that maybe it should be him, that he was going to go to the Director himself and plead the reinstatement of this program and her brow creased once more.

She knew that Hicks took a lot of beatings but it didn’t stop her from feeling some concern over it. “You realize that you would be targeted by people like Aroon? Like Nero? And God only knows who else?” Her voice rose in pitch unexpectedly. Aleece still didn’t think that it would work…that it would just wind up as obsolete as anything they were doing now…or before.

She personally didn’t want to see Hicks get put through something so unnecessary but she wouldn’t tell him that in those exact words. To him she saw it was important, that he thought it would work. Shaking her head she stood from her spot and rounded the table. It was the violence solved with violence thing that wouldn’t fix a thing and being a punching bag for rebellious ass holes weren’t going to solve anything.

Aleece had expected a quite night eating, even a movie, talking…but not this kind of talking. “The system if its going to be changed doesn’t need to be brought down superficially, its face doesn’t need the makeover, something deeper does.”

Looking over at Hicks, her face was still pressed down in a way that showed her conviction to that belief that was more then she was caring to explain, “don’t you get that? If not…its not going to change for good.”

She didn’t doubt he was a smart guy, Hicks was bright and intelligent, anyone could see that from talking with him for more then five minutes, past the jokes and the goofy way he seemed to show himself off. Taking a few steps back toward the coffee table between them she leaned down and placed her hands on top of it lightly as she leaned down and over her face close to his, “I just don’t want you to have to do something that sacrifices what you really want to do.”

Aleece’s last words were lowered not needing to be loud to get her point across. She thought he'd make a great teacher, a writer and she would so much rather him do that.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 21:54:35 GMT -6 »

“Maybe, you’re right,” he spoke earnestly, “Maybe it’s not something that can be changed: maybe it’s just human nature…”

He sighed a bit, Aleece, the girl was very good at pointing out the flaws in his own plan: but still, he had to risk it. The Collective had given him all he had ever needed, everything he could ever want: the kids in here were good, fundamentally and they didn’t deserve this. But, the Headmaster, the Director, the Principal, the Minister: they weren’t doing anything wrong. They did their job. They tried to keep in line kids who didn’t care enough to begin with: how could you blame them for their animosity? Still, this could’ve been an exercise in fuitility: if that happened then other ways to changing the system instead of refining it could be approached…

“I’m scared as well Aleece,” Hicks looked her in the eye, “I’m a good fighter, fighting is one of the few things I do well: but Aroon is better. Nero? Nero could probably beat me as well, but if I’m the only person in this school who would stand for reason and compromise: if I’m the only one who will stand, then I won’t be afraid to fight…”, he sighed, “I’m going to stay here in the Collective until things are fixed, I will voice that to the Director so he knows my intentions: if I have to get a PhD from O’Hare, become a teacher here, become the principal of Freemont, become the new Director: if that’s what it takes, then I’ll do it…”

He looked downward…

“Until then, I will settle for the captainship, I will settle for fighting for…well, I leave in a few months anyway, but…fighting…”, he sighed, “The O’Hare girl, Benjamin? That could’ve been you Aleece, she was just a friggin’ girl…”

He was becoming erratic, his thoughts jumping from one topic to another…

“In the end, what I really want to do is make help you, to make sure nothing like what happened to the O’Hare girl ever happens to you or anyone else,” he stared into her eyes, “And that’s all.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 22:41:06 GMT -6 »

Aleece felt herself deflate a bit when he compared her to the Benjamin girl and he really didn’t know how close on the mark he was. She was that girl subjected to the punishments of the System already but she was highly unwilling to talk about it. Was that part of the problem too? Here she was no different then any other rebellious youth sick of the things going on because of this or that, was she really that hypocritical?

With a sigh she pulled away and looked to the side. “I can’t stop you Hicks…”

Aleece trailed off meaning that but it didn’t mean she had to be happy about it. She didn’t know what or who put the idea in his head that it would work but it was asking for a world of trouble she didn’t want him to be in. She didn’t think he realized how deep it went, how much of the crap she had scrapped of the surface already on her own and how much she saw it was no going to be able to be accomplished by one person or group. Ducking her head she lifted a hand to the back of her neck and rubbed slightly with a small moan, the whole subject was enough to give her a headache really.

“I understand you want to protect everyone or try to, but isn’t it always the best of intentions that usually get twisted in the end?”

Take this whole system for example she was sure that the intention was supposed to be good at the start but what it had evolved to…was something entirely different. By nature men who owned one craved more, and lusted further…Licking her lips quickly she planted herself back on the couch and leaned back her head falling to the side so she could see him. “So? Is there more you wanted to tell me about this? More you’re not telling?”

She had a feeling there was but she didn’t want to push him for it.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 22:50:40 GMT -6 »

“Yeah…”

Hicks realized that the problem with the pillarship in general was that it was governed by corruption and power: he trusted himself not to let it get to him, but if he did get that responsibility, if things went according to plan…what if he got used to it. What if he accepted favors, showed favoritism: just when you thought you were above something, there is usually a cruel moment to show you that you aren’t. And once reminded of that, it’s extremely tough to come back from it…

“From this moment Aleece,” he spoke earnestly, “Everything is going to change, I probably won’t be the fun loving guy I guess you kind of like, If I get this opportunity, then…I don’t know…it’s a big one, one that I’m not exactly sure what it’s implications are…but, I have to do it. I can’t spend the rest of my life wondering what would happen if I just stood by and watched the world around me crumble…”

He smirked a little bit as he leaned his head upon hers…

“You know…this whole thing put things in perspective, even if I’m stubborn, even if I didn’t really listen to you: just having a presence here made things a bit realer to me, my ideals have settled in the air if you will,” he sighed, “I guess if we’re dropping bombs…”

He looked at her again…

“Words cannot really describe how thankful I am to have had you over the last few days, you’re smart, you’re gorgeous, you’re funny…you’re everything I’m not and wish to be at the same time,” he nodded, “And you know a lot more than me as well: whether or not you want to tell me. Maybe that’s why I want to be with you so much, because I don’t get it…”

He held her hand…

“What I’m trying to say is that even if I’m being an idiot…I wouldn’t have any other girl behind me rolling her eyes.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 23:36:06 GMT -6 »

Aleece couldn’t help but blush a little as he went on about her suitably distracting her from the seriousness of their previous conversation and she laughed a bit when he took her hand, continuing. She wanted to tell him he really was being an idiot, but she’d stick with him on her own end dealing with the things she could to make it easier (or harder) depending on where things led.

She trusted when he said things were going to change because they were, indefinitely. Hopefully him her and anyone else that didn’t deserve to be caught up in it would be out of the way when the shit hit the fan, or at least having an umbrella.

“Alright,” she said finally with a sigh and sat up, getting her phone one more time. She didn’t want to talk about the system anymore or what this and that meant. The only thing that could be done was just to watch and wait, “I’m really hungry now.”

Smiling she winked, “and I don’t think you’ve seen just how much I can pack away, yet.”

She was really a pig when it came to eating and she was sure he’d be surprised to see how much she’d manage to stuff herself with. “I also don’t know about you, but talking is nice, but I get a bit grouchy when I haven’t eaten.”

Blame it on low blood sugar or something. Flipping her phone open she looked at him expectantly, “now a good place for delivery?”

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 17, 2009 23:58:25 GMT -6 »

“Yeah, food.”

It was over.

Done.

You saw it? You saw that great moment of romance? It was awworthy wasn’t it? Could melt the heart of a Dementor made of magma. But, forget about it, for now: it was taken outside, shot and then run over by a semi-truck. Hicks had been friendzoned enough times to know that deflection and not confirmation meant it was done, that he should give up…

”I got something’ for her to eat, HINT, HINT: IT’S MY DICK!”

Ugh! Stop it Hicks, that wasn’t even clever…

“Well, I know this place China Wok, pretty good Chinese if that’s your thing…besides they have like a kitchen filled with ten year old slave workers…they’ll be here in like five.”

He nodded a bit…

“Oh! I know this is going to be random…but, umm…you never explained to me what was up with you and Eli Weizel in the burger joint…why’d you let him hang all up on you and shit?”

Nope. Not jealous. Not bitter. You totally didn’t ask that question moments after being turned down…not at all…

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 0:28:23 GMT -6 »

Aleece started to laugh lightly bending over the phone book to look up this China Wok place when his next question made her pause and tense a little. Ari? What was with her and Ari…

“Um…” she turned to look at him her eyebrow’s raised and she laughed a little to uneasily. “What about Haswari?”

Okay she was attracted to the guy for some weird masochistic reason, she just seemed to want to get mixed up in trouble, and he had it tattooed all over him, like it was promised or something. With a sigh she leaned back and pressed her lips together squirming internally about that subject all together. She still hadn’t figured it out why she had let him do what he had wanted to with her…

At the memory she felt her face heat up a little and she shook her head she had told him right after that she needed time to think it out and it had been a while since then. The longer she waited now the harder it was getting to tell him yes or no either way. The opposite sex was nothing as simple as hacking a system building a network frame or decoding…they were just all together another level she couldn’t even begin to figure out. She didn’t realize she had taking to practically eating her bottom lip until a sharp pain from a harsh bite made her snap out of her silent musing.

Licking her lip she scowl and she turned to Hicks, “I thought we were going to eat…relax here. Why do you want to talk about him for?”

Bending over the phone book again she managed to pick out the restaurant name and get it dialed up.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 18:33:48 GMT -6 »

“I’m just curious Aleece, you should know about curiosity for curiosities sake…”

He sighed. So, she rejected him in so many words AND she didn’t want to talk to Ari, this girl, she was complicated in her crypticness. He liked her, he liked how things were: but he hated Ari and wanted to know why she chose to associate herself with him, let him kiss her: let him do whatever other the hell it was bad boys do to unsuspecting girls. He knew Aleece was a flirt, he knew that she could get any guy she wanted: he had just hoped that she had settled for him. He stare downward at his palms before muttering to himself…

“Maybe, I should just force myself on you.”

He let the words float in the air, before speaking once more…

“I guess, for me, it doesn’t matter so much about Hasawri or what he means to you or what he’s done to you,” he sighed, “I just want to know what I mean to you and whether or not I should even bother to keep on trying…”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 19:14:59 GMT -6 »

Before she could press dial busy herself with not answering and be under the real pretenses of getting food Hicks was talking. Talking – he did that a lot apparently and not when she wanted him too. Looking to the side when he got her attention. Sure go ahead and turn it on me, she thought to herself as she looked away and down to her lap and the lowered phone.

His words made her stiffen a little and something automatically defensive go up. Aleece couldn’t pin point why because she hadn’t let anything that happened happen without (if she was being honest with herself) her wanting it to. For someone who strived to be as smart as she was she was acting serendipitously stupid about the whole thing concerning Ari…even Hicks.

The two were on opposite ends of the spectrum on a lot of things and she found herself stuck in the middle indecisive and no closer to leaning one way or another. Aleece opened her mouth once and found nothing coming out when she was intent on saying what she was going to. So she tried again. This shit was to heavy for a computer nerd…

“Hicks,” she finally breathed out still looking down, she knew she liked him that much was obvious by the fact that she kept meeting up with him despite all the compromising and rather embarrassing situations thus far… “Can’t we just keep going like we have been? I do like you…I mean that’s pretty obvious yeah?”

Raising an eyebrow she sent him a serious look, “I mean how many girls do you know that would have stuck around after seeing the – “Imma get…laid dance.”

The look she was trying to hold cracked when the corners of her lips twitched up and she had to look away to keep from laughing her face quickly crumbling under the urge to do just that. Taking a breath she pressed her lips together and looked back a little more composed and genuinely serious. “If I didn’t care about you I wouldn’t have argued just a minute ago about your plans unlike those other guys, Nero…Aroon…who ever else, they can do what they want.”

Her eyes fells down to her hands once more, hoping he got what she meant, she didn’t’ think she could get it across any other way. She was being deflective in her answer, but not completely; she didn’t say she didn’t want to be with Hicks, but she didn’t say she did either. She said she liked him, but there was no clear cut reason why or just how much…Aleece didn’t think she could at this point to be honest.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 20:07:26 GMT -6 »

“In the end: I’m selfish, I’m jealous, and ignorant…”

He sighed.

“It’s like the Jagerbomb of horrible things to be when you’re trying to form relationship with someone and by the by,” he spoke earnestly, “The dance is useless: as there is an actual zero percent chance of me getting laid tonight and if I did -due to some miraculous chance have sex with you: it would probably be horrible. I mean, I couldn’t figure out bra straps: the entire fiasco would probably be over so quick, we’d actually go back in time.”

He smiled a bit…

“I just…I like you a lot,” he spoke once again, “Probably more than is reasonable at this point: we’ve only known each other for a few weeks and I like you so much it fucking scares me: but that’s always been my problem, I fall in love with every girl who might have a chance of being interested in me.”

He rolled his eyes…

“At the moment though: you’re my dream girl.”

He looked at her and brought his hand to his face…

“And yeah, I like what we have: but that’s mostly because it get’s me thinking about what’s yet to come," he went to his kitchen and pulled out some various liquors, "Now, quick, I'm going to be quiet for the next few moments as I get smashed and try to gain the courage to slip drunkenly slip off your bra: use this distraction as the moment to buy us food."

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 20:51:10 GMT -6 »

Aleece had never been on the receiving end of a confession like from a person who was the oddest mix of serious and funny. It made her have to listen carefully to pick out what he might be joking about and what he might not be, read between the lines because while she wasn’t going to take what he had just said about the getting drunk thing to heart she did take serious what he said he felt about her.

Pressing her lips together she finally just dialed the number and kept a lingering eye on the guy currently…doing what he said he was going to getting drunk which made her frown a bit. Looking away when the other end picked up she quickly placed an order for a couple of Pu-Pu platters since she wasn’t sure what he might like and a few side orders of fried rice.

Aleece hung up when her order was totaled and she stood momentarily to dig in her back pocket finding she only had a hundred. It’s the only thing she had left from her first withdraw at the beginning of the week and with a sigh tossed it to the table. Her bank account was separate from what her parents had set up for her…this account a little more…private.

Sitting back down slowly she sank into the comfortable sofa and looked up before she looked over at Hicks again. “Hey…” she said in a spontaneous moment against better judgment, “what are you drinking? Can I…try?”

It was against almost everything she was about, for one being underage and never really haven drunk anything aside from that glass of wine at the Christmas party when she was ten when Uncle Frankie (who wasn’t an actual uncle but a friend of the family) got so drunk he was missing his pants half way through and dancing on the coffee table. Which broke much to her mom’s horror, she had launched into a tirade in Spanish about how that it had been given to her by her grandmother…or something.

Sitting up straight she leaned her elbows on her knees and raised an eyebrow curiously completely and utterly serious about her request.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 21:05:55 GMT -6 »

Hicks sighed.

“Here,” he spoke calmly pouring her a straight cup of Baileys Irish Crème, “If you want, you can mix yourself up some of this in a cup of coffee, though: I personally drink it straight. It’ll taste sweet, almost like a Starbuck Frapuchino that you get at 7-11 or something? It’s good to start you off in case you don’t have much of a tolerance…”

He handed it to her…

“Enjoy, though, try your best not to be stumbling drunk: if neither of us can figure out how to get out of your clothes, we’re going to be in a big problem.”

He looked towards his own drink, thought about what was to come, his relationship with Aleece: the duels that would eventually come to pass between him and Nero, him and Aroon, Ryorin, Hasawri, the Fightmaster, the Combat Philosopher, everyone and anyone in this entire system. He thought of losing his virginity, he thought of Aleece getting pregnant, for a brief moment he thought of just slamming the girl on the couch and fucking her until she forgot her name…

Only one thing made sense though.

He downed himself a shot of Everclear: Hicks had a good constitution for pain, but even he felt it punch him in the throat.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 22:22:40 GMT -6 »

Aleece took the drink and raised an eyebrow a Starbuck’s Frapuchino, huh? Looking briefly at her company before looking at what he had handed her. Well of course she didn’t listen about mixing it with anything first, she was to curious to see how sweet it was. He had said the magic words when he mentioned that one thing. Tipping the cup up a little she tasted just enough to get the gist of the whole flavor…pausing almost instantly as it landed on her tongue.

Her lip twitched before she turned it up some more and took a long drink, almost not caring for the bite in of the liquor underneath the almost overwhelming sweetness of the crème. Putting it down Aleece licked her lips and rested back in her seat taking another drink as she did. Well…she liked it that was for sure.

It didn’t take much of the two gulps to make a warmth spread over her and make her want to sink into the couch even more. Tipping the cup from side to side she looked at it and held in a sigh, looking at Hicks out of the corner of her eye, she wanted to have a little more constitution, more backbone, to her resolve with everything going on, but it was really damn hard at the moment.

When had she become that girl? She was never but the ‘friend’ not the one that confessed to she didn’t know how to handle it and god damn it Hicks made it hard, same with Ari. Aroon well he was just a fun guy – with a pretty face…nice body - but not someone she was going to get serious about. (Though she probably could…) Wrinkling her nose in somewhat self-disgust she took another drink not really thinking about the action in a couple of long drinks.

Yeah she had, had crushes before, but she’d always been the one with the small chest and the ‘brainy’ one, someone a guy asked to see her homework…or for an extra pencil because they knew she’d have it…not “you’re my dream girl.”

It frustrated and flustered her at the same time.

Through the whole thing, her silent musing and not saying a word she found that with her next drink, what was in her cup was gone. Frowning down in the empty glass her brow puckered in a almost a comically sorrowful way. Though it didn't occur to just ask for more...