Author Topic: obsessively opposed to the typical [Hicks] (Read 652 times)
hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

obsessively opposed to the typical [Hicks]
« Jun 18, 2009 22:43:09 GMT -6 »

“Irish Crème is what does it for you then?”

He asked inquisitively, before pouring her another glass and then coming back to his red plastic cup, pouring in a large amount of Bacardi 151. Sipping on it, he spoke up once more…

“Yeah, that’s what got me into drinking as well,” he sighed, “Y’know, we’ve been seeing each other for a few weeks and don’t really know a lot about each other: like me? I drink a lot, like, I carry a flask wherever I go.”

He smirked…

“Funny story about that, I didn’t start drinking until I was fifteen: that’s when I met Amy…now, a side fact about good ol’ Hicksy: I’m deathly afraid of Snakes, but Amy? Amy had to be the only snake I ever loved. See, me and Amy met when I was thirteen, we went to middle school here together and it was pretty friggin’ cool, we started ‘going out’ or at least I thought we did, in eighth grade…”, he sighed, “Anyways, we both start highschool: we agree to stick together even though I’m going to Freemont and she’s going to some boarding school in Lake Taho, and I do stay faithful to her: while all my best friends are fucking in movie theaters, I’m texting and writing emails, like, long drawn out, thoughtful and heartfelt emails to this girl…”

He chuckled a bit as he chugged down the red cup…

“Now, I go and visit Amy and it turns out, that someone wasn’t so faithful: and I didn’t know until half the campus came into her room asking what she was doing later,” he shook his head, “I then, came home, chugged down a whole bottle of Bailey’s and passed out: keep in mind I’m missing half of my liver from a car accident when I was ten: how I’m still walking is a mystery to me…”

He chuckled a little bit as he went up to Aleece and kissed her on the forehead, pressing her up against his chest.

“And that, my friend, is why I’ve been single for four years.”

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009 22:44:22 GMT -6 by hicks » Back to Top  
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 19, 2009 2:28:06 GMT -6 »

Aleece’s face cleared and she smiled when he filled her cup again. Just as she tipped it up to take a long slow sip her eyes sidled over to him and she hummed into the plastic cup, nodding as he talked. They had known each other for a couple weeks now but for some reason it felt like longer. Setting her cup down she settled back even more (if it was possible) to listen to his story, something about an old girl friend and a snake…

Her lips pulled down into a frown as she listened sympathizing with him turning to the side her hands in her lap cradling the cup as she focused intently. When he took she got the urge to as well so she followed suite, feeling her head lighten pleasantly as an effect rather quickly, but her cup stalled on the way down from her rather long sip to hear that he had been cheated on.

Well that was never a fun thing…

Of course she had never been in a relationship so she couldn’t get that personally but she would imagine it sucks. Suddenly she found herself being pressed to Hicks and she looked up through her eyelashes at him still frowning lightly. When her lips parted as if she was going to say there was a knock on the door and she looked over as best she could over Hicks’ shoulder to see the door even if it wasn’t open.

“If that’s the Chinese,” she started slightly muffled against him, “I put some money on the table…”

Well she had no story to top off what he had…Aleece was literally the inexperienced one relationship wise. She had never had a guy like her or liked a guy really she thought worth the trouble. While her sister on the other hand, the girl was calling or getting called by a new boy every week. Shaking her head she sighed. Pathetic. Her baby sister probably new more about boys and sex then her...it was enough to make her look like a nun.

hicks

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 19, 2009 17:33:57 GMT -6 »

“I got it,” he spoke fumbling twenty dollar bills before the Chinese came in and the small oriental man that delivered it was signaled out, Hicks didn’t really expect for most of this: hell, he wasn’t even hungry anymore: but he sat the food on the diner and indulged himself with some more 151 rum. His throat was getting dry, he was getting slightly queasy and he felt the liquor burn right down through his intestines. But, he took it: that was the entire mood, this depressed, manic, and horrible area where he felt uncomfortable, dejected, and awkward. The impending fear of his relationship with Aleece never forming, the impending responsibility of his actions dancing over him…

Reaching for a fortune cookie, he smirked…

“A little game me and my friends play,” he began, “Whenever we read a fortune cookie, we end it with ’In bed’…you’d be surprised how many of them fit,” he cracked open his, “Like this: Patience leads to success, in bed.”

He reached for another fortune cookie…

“Or this one: How about sucking my dick…in bed?”

He faked a perplexed look and the smirked…

“I guess Jeremy got his Fortune Cookie writing job,” the smile stayed plastered on his face, “Eventually, I suppose I’ll want some sort of commitment Aleece, but you were right: at the moment, what we have is just fine.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 19, 2009 20:55:07 GMT -6 »

Aleece didn’t argue the point of money and who would pay even if it had been her idea to order out, even the one that had done the ordering despite not knowing what he might like or not. With a sigh she back in after grabbing her money and stuffing it in her pocket, leaving her drink on the coffee table alone. She figured that she had probably had enough by the way her head was feeling a little to light at the moment. She had never been drunk and didn’t want to try that now…of all times.

When he paid Aleece looked around the cozy housing he had set up here and she remembered him saying in the first meeting that he had a roommate. She couldn’t help but feel a bit curious about who this guy might be but…if he was as big as Hicks she was fine with not meeting him. Smiling a little she tried not to let the discomfort that seemed to settle over her company get to her too but it was hard being as susceptible to it as she was. Slowly she started in on her food not really paying attention to how much she hate or how she ate it, fairly familiar with the wooden chopsticks she didn’t have a problem practically stuff herself silly.

She was well through half of the Pu-Pu platter she had silently claimed as her own sure that Hicks had never actually seen her eat before when he reached for a fortune cookie making her slow and look at him. Aleece was getting thirty but the only thing there was to drink was the Bailey’s…with a small shrug she went for it washing down her food in a not so great mix of coffee flavored liquor and Chinese…

With a small shudder she figured she was done eating and raised an eyebrow at Hicks when he started to talk about a game. It wasn’t anything she had heard of before so she listened intently laughing a little at his first connotation. The sound of her amusement was cut short though when he went for the next one, coughing a little she felt her face heat up a bit and she shoved him in the shoulder.

Aleece wanted to say something about Jeremy maybe something snippy but equally witty but he continued making her somber up. Smiling lightly though she nodded before leaning on him comfortably, toeing her slip on’s off and pulling her feet onto the couch.

“I’m glad you think so,” she said quietly not knowing if he really meant that. She wanted something easy and stress free and with things happening as they were…it would be a strain for anything else…especially the thought of getting serious with anyone. Aleece wanted him to know why she thought this way...but she didn't want to leave the subject open for possible argument or persuasion in any form. "So...I hope my just my presence is good enough for you at the moment."

Even as she said that she had a small smile on her face, looking up at him half way out of the corner of her eye.