Author Topic: Determination Part 2 (Afano) (Read 316 times)
mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Determination Part 2 (Afano)
« Jun 18, 2009 9:30:39 GMT -6 »

It had been a few days Souji was limping from a knife wound to the ass when he broke into the Headmaster of Knox Academy's office. But he'd live. Of course if it wasnt for the playful fun the girl he was protecting now was making of him. He found out her name was Noa, they hadnt talked about the incident except for when she had woke up. He was treating her to a few drinks at an ice cream shop on the corner of one of the streets. She had semi long brown hair, green eyes and went to Fremont High like him, so it was easy to look after her.

It was seemingly just a regular day and she was practically dragging him to a bench to watch the scenes.

"Come on Souji! Let's go sit. Oh, forgot, hahahaha~!"

Souji didn't laugh and stared at her. She stopped laughing and seemed concerned.

"What?"

Souji would grab her by the head and hold her there and give her a noogie.

"Ow! Souji your messing up my hair!"

"Stop laughing at my butt wound!"

That would be an interesting moment to walk in, wouldn't it?

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009 9:32:11 GMT -6 by mil » Back to Top  
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 9:53:46 GMT -6 »

School was out for the week. A nice weekend just to relax and forget about all the troubles that ensued the campus grounds for the past few days. Afano walked around the small San Diego suburb know as Chula Vista. He enjoyed the days when the sun finally came out instead of the looming gray smog that seemed to always haunt Afano. Today was a day where he would try to enjoy himself, no school, no work, just relaxation.

Afano decided just to stroll along the streets were it was more industrialized. A few houses but mostly unfranchised shops owned by the older folk who had lived there for a long time. Afano enjoyed everything a lot more as it got simpler. He decided to ignore the stares and fat jokes the would come as he headed over to a ye olde ice creme shoppe. A few people were around, A couple seemed to be sharing a few drinks near the window of the place.

Afano looked over in a small envy of the man and what seemed to be his women having a fun time together. Afano had still yet to make any friends due to his intimidating size. He ordered a kiddie sized mint cone. Just enough to have the taste of the cool mint on his tongue.

"Stop laughing at my butt wound!"

Was all Afano heard when he looked over to the guy and girl together. Afano smiled as he wished he could one day share the same joy.

"I don't a butt wound would be something you wanna tell your girl." Afano commented from afar making a small joke about them being a couple and how a butt wound sounded like something from homosexuality.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 10:16:35 GMT -6 »

They froze and looked at the guy who made the comment, then quickly seperated and looked away from each other. Noa adjusted her skirt and Souji folded his arms behind his head. Souji, he then attempted to make an excuse. Or at least correct what the guy had said.

"We aren't like that." He'd bring his arms down and figured since today was just such a chill day he should introduce himself.

"My name is Rok Jouji, but people just call me Souji. She's Noa."

"Hellooo~."

She'd wave. Souji would extend a hand for a hand shake after approaching the guy. Waiting for the guy to introduce himself as well. Souji really could care less how big the guy was, he seemed outgoing in the fact he would jump in and have casual fun for no other reason than to enjoy himself.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 10:24:02 GMT -6 »

Afano looked over and gave a small chuckle as the two immediately separated following his couples comment. Afano watched as the man now known as Souji was nervous at first and then relaxed and acted friendly to Afano.

"My mistake, you two just looked good together." Afano walked over after finishing his last bit of his tiny sized ice cream. He was a fast eater and oddly enough didn't get brain freezes too often. Afano out reached and grabbed Souji's hand in their handshake.

"Name Afano, it's Samoan. Nice to meet you Souji, Noa." Afano looked to each individual as he said their name. He decided to try and hang around these two for a while. They were the first friendly acting people he had met in a long time.

"So if you two aren't, er..'involved' what are ya, friends, siblings?" Afano waited for a reply as he noticed a cloud or two rolling in from the west toward the ocean.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 10:42:02 GMT -6 »

Souji gave a cheesey smile and then when he asked about how they knew each other, the both kinda hesitated. Remembering the turn of events that brought them to be as close as they are. Souji folded his arms behind his head again though, the leather jacket screeching a bit as it scraped and expanded. He descided to answer it not like it hurt anything.

"Well, we are friends, and I guess you can say-"

"He's my body guard."

Noa interupted him for once to finish his sentence, wasnt the exact choice of words he would of used, but it got the point across. He didn't want to pass the wrong signals along so he descided to go further in depth.

"I keep an eye on her so she doesnt get into trouble."

Souji shrugged to give off the vibe that it wasnt a big deal.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 11:04:16 GMT -6 »

Afano watched as the two awkwardly explained their companionship. Souji sounded pretty confused on how to answer, and then annoyed as Noa blurted out what seemed to Afano a random and irrelevant answer. Afano couldn't believe that a small freshmen was this girls body guard.

"You sure hes your body guard." Afano looked at Noa with a bewildered look now focusing more attention on her. "He doesn't look like and body guard I've ever scene, hell even I've been denied for that kind of job." Afano spoke now in a joking tone and now began to take a better look at the young Japanese student.

"Well I guess he does look pretty strong. Quick too. Eh I'm sure you can keep a small girl like her under wraps right?" Afano gave a friendly smile and a warm laugh. He realized that making fun of his size may not have been the best thing to do, reflecting on how his own size gets him in a lot of trouble.

"So do you two got to Fremont High, or the military one, whats it called...Knox right?" Afano did wonder if he would ever see these two in his school. The desire for friendship was a lot stronger than his memory of the collective.

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009 11:05:49 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 12:56:26 GMT -6 »

Noa smiled wide and nodded her reassurance on Souji being her body guard. The boy on the other hand, saw it as a challange, he was the protector of Noa, he promised. The "small" talk didn't bother him, he was used to it being only 5'9" which was probably pretty tall for a japanese kid his age, but he did understand the need to joke around, so he didn't let him bother him.

"I think I can handle one person. We go to Fremont High. I've had some fun over at Knox a few times though. Their head master stabbed me in the ass with my own knife."

Souji laughed a bit. Noa wasn't going to let the boys gang up on her, so she descided to come up with an idea.

"Souji, you promised we would go hang out at the arcade~."

Souji stopped laughing for a second to listen to Noa and he nodded with a smile. Souji looked to Afano.

"Hey, wanna go to the arcade with us and play some games?"

Not far off outside of the ice cream shop was a car inside where sitting three males. Each watching the three students in the ice cream shop.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 13:15:48 GMT -6 »

Laughter ensued the large Samoan teenager as the girl pleaded for them all to go to the arcade. She seemed innocent enough, and Afano still didn't see the need why she would have a body guard. He was pleased though that the two went to the same school as Afano. Maybe he could make friends in the Collective after all.

"Well I guess the Headmaster with a knife explains the but wound." Afano laughed a but at the slight absurdity of a knife to the ass. Afano stared at Souji and Noa for a second. They seemed a bit worried for some reason, and they were trying to hide it. But Afano decided not to worry to much on it, if something was really bothering them they would speak up.

"Yeah, I'll go to the arcade with ya, for a big I ain't to bad at DDR. But I'd have to say where I really kick ass is air hockey." Afano started to turn and out of the corner of his eye saw a strange car that just seemed very out of place.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 13:25:54 GMT -6 »

Souji turned towards the door as Noa squeed with delight and made her way with a slight jog out the door, Souji would look to Afano with a devilish grin, his comment about Air Hockey being his kick ass game. Souji's competative side showing a bit as he would comment.

"Is that a challange? Samoa versus the Japanese in air hockey?"

Souji had a vision of the two peoples cheering in the backround. But it went away when he noticed how far ahead Noa was getting, so he would chase after with a limp.

"Hey, dont go too far ahead."

"Butt."

Souji narrowed his eyes at the pun she made and growled a bit. He too had noticed the car. So he was hoping Afano was near by. He would speak to him while still looking forward and acting normal.

"Theres a car back there, its probably going to follow us. Hope you dont mind being pulled into this mess."

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 18, 2009 13:49:26 GMT -6 »

The few westward clouds from before now rolled in a lot quicker than before. The sun wasn't too far from being blocked out and it looked as if the rain might settle in all too soon. Afano looked over the strange car and the back with Souji and Noa. The boy seemed pretty down to earth and didn't seem to want to hide anything. The girl on the other had seemed to be shrouded in mystery.

"Samoa versus Japan, now there a fight I'd love to see." Afano chuckled once more at the thought of two Island nations going to massive was over and Ice Hockey match. It was the silliest thing, but the most amusing at the same time.

Afano watched the car in the corner of his eye and leaned over to Souji. "So do you know anything about these creeps? Cause if it comes down to it I have no problem takin'em out." Afano was now weary of the situation but still in the calm before the storm.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 19, 2009 8:41:35 GMT -6 »

Souji kept his pace as Noa made her way around, stopping at a flower shop to squee and smell the different types. Gave them time to catch up. Souji heard what Samoa Joe had said. Souji would like nothing more than to teach those three another lesson like that old fighter did before him. The only problem being Souji's injury would slow him down. But he was getting ahead of himself, Afano asked a question and he should at least answer it.

"They are the reason I have to protect her. I met Noa the same day she lost her memory. I walked up on her being beat to shit by those three."

Remembering the rage he felt that night from witnessing it his fists clenched to the point of the knuckles popping. He wanted a piece of them every since the old guy took two of them out. The third was the lucky one he ran away. Souji and Noa had gone on a search to figure out who she was, finding out her name was Noa and her parents had both died from sickness. She was inrolled in Fremont prior to Souji meeting her. So it was coincadence mostly.

"I'm the only one who can watch out for her. I'd appreciate the help though."

Souji wasnt always like this, he wasn't one to be all for justice and the like. It was just, when it came to Noa... He felt like he had meaning and purpous.

They would be at the arcade after a few turns, the car following close by. As they would approach the entrance to the arcade, two older males would exit staring right at Noa and the group. Souji didn't like that look. She had walked right up to them almost. Souji's eyes widened.

"Noa run!"

He'd hear the car's tires screech around the corner, Souji would have burst into action the stitches from his wound would open from the strain, but the adrenaline kept him going, he would grab Noa before the creeps could and pull her back.

"Back off punk!"

One of them would say as they would slam a fist in his face, turning, but stomping his foot down to prevent his momentum from going any further. The fist still against his face, his head still turned, but his brown eyes where on the older guy.

"That it?"

Blood trailing from the inside of his mouth. Souji would slam his own fist into the guys exposed ribs under the arm. They guy would back off, but the other put his knee to Souji's head. Souji would hit the ground from that one, and struggle to get up. The guy's knee cut Souji's forehead and he began to bleed. These guys where stronger than Souji had let on in the beginning because he wanted to play head games. But his eyes where already losing focus from pain.

The three guys fromt he car would already be on their way to the scene jumping out of their car and heading over.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 20, 2009 10:32:45 GMT -6 »

(ooc: god thank you for the Samoa Joe reference)

As Afano walked with his new pal Souji the mystery of this Noa girl became all the more clear. Apparently she has lost her memory and was being hunted down by whoever was in the car and their other alias's. Afano watched around as him and Souji began to catch up to Noa as she stopped at the Ye Olde Flower Shoppe.

Before Afano had realized what was going on two men had walked from the arcade and entered a fight with Souji. Noa had begun to flee, but Souji was now in a two on one battle, and losing. At the sight of the two rather large men taking out a kid and trying to get to a little girl Afano become enraged with the same hunting passion as his Samoan ancestors had in times of war.

"GARAHH!" Afano charged at the two men with a loud war and his tongue hanging from his mouth. A traditional Samoan and Maori way of saying I'm going to kill you. Afano caught up to Souji and watched the two men as the one who had first hit Souji came after Afano.

Without realizing what happened Afano was already bleeding with a cutting right hook to the cheek. This only mad Afano more passionate about taking them all out. Afano swung back with a large left uppercut to the mans chin. As he started to fall back Afano implanted his right out stuck thumb and fist into the man's throat. A move that would nearly collapse the mans windpipe and cause a sensation as if he was being strangulated.

Afano then turned his attention to the second man as he came rushing over. Afano stood his ground as a large grown man tackled Afano. Proceeding the tackle Afano held his ground and wrapped his large Samoan arms around the man and began to squeeze the life out of the man. About 4 seconds in Afano heard a crack which was most likely one of the mans ribs.

"Hey Souji, heads up!" After this Afano threw the man over to Souji who appeared to be getting up. Afano turned around to be struck in the head with the first mans fist. Afano began to bleed from his forehead after a cut from the man's ring. The two entered a power struggle as their hands clasped onto each other both pushing against each other.

Afano took a quick glance to the sky while struggling with the man. The grey clouds now turned black and had officially consumed the sun.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2009 1:54:39 GMT -6 »

Souji was standing and attempting to play the cat and mouse game to catch the guy when he made a mistake. Though it was doubtful, he figured he himself would make a mistake first, but he would always dream. Souji was able to easily side step a powerful left punch, that was actually too close for comfurt, Souji would jump into the exposed mid section of the grown man with his knee, and throwing a elbow into the back of the guys head to bring him to the ground, though he wasnt sure for how long.

"Hey Souji, heads up!"

Souji twisted his body to see the man on his way, spinning to his left towards the man coming at him he would throw his right foot straight up into the guys head, lifting him up. The boy was feeling pretty good about the damage e was doing, until he saw it. The men from the car grabbing Noa and pulling her into the car. His eyes started to glaze over with anger.

"Noa!"

Souji would charge forward, only to be tackled and brought to the ground. Pummeled by two older and far stronger males, the whole time Souji attempting to block or fight back at the small chance for there to be an opening. The car would speed away though, the men would maybe get bored with hurting the boy unless Afano could come to the rescue.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2009 20:36:05 GMT -6 »

The darkness of the clouds shut out the sun completely leaving only the dim street lights to guide the oath of Afano and Souji's fists. The clouds began to rain out as the Samoan Wrecking Ball was caught in his even power struggle with one of the men. With a quick act Afano released the man's hand swinging the over as he went. With a quick spin as the man now went off balance Afano shot out a strong back super kick to his chin,

The man was sent a few inches of the ground and fell onto the sidewalk now bleeding from his mouth slightly. Afano rushed down to the man and propped his head against a near by mail dump to prevent him from swallowing his tongue and the blood. He was training to be a doctor after all.

Afano looked over to the sound of hard brakes to see the girl Noa being taken into a car. Souji had ran after her only to be stopped by two stronger looking enemies. Afano immediately tried to rush to the car, but if drove off by the time Afano arrived.

With a quick turn and a full power run Afano charged at one of the men who was bent over and slightly facing Afano. A loud yell echoed throughout the now barren and rained out streets as Afano grabbed and lifted one of the men and charged him into a large parked Hummer. As Afano slammed the man into the car he removed his hands and went to help Souji with the last one.

Afano got to him and grabbed the remaining mans shirt collar and began to wail on his face with his enraged Samoan fists. Before Afano could land a third hit the Samoan was jumped on from behind and now taking shots to the back of his head from the man he has tackled into the Hummer.

Afano was now on his hands and knees taking a beating of fists and kicks from the two seemingly invincible men. Afano held his large body off the ground as he fought through the pain to give Souji the chance to run.

"Get outta here! Do it now, and find Noa!"

The rain now came down harder with the echoing sounds of thunder filling the dreary sky.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 4, 2009 3:45:30 GMT -6 »

Souji pushed himself up, the damage collecting its pain on his body as Afano came to the rescue, only to get jumped as well. Souji was able to get to one knee and look at the insuing problems. Afano was being attacked, Noa was being taken, Souji was losing vision in one eye from swelling and blood. Everything was falling apart. One thing was for certain, Afano was taking the beating to give Souji a chance to go after the car before it got too far out of sight. In this urban enviornment they would need to turn alot, while Souji could make almost a straight line dash through buildings to follow the car.

But Afano wasnt supposed to be involved with this, it was Souji's fault if he ended up hospitalized. If he took too long following the car would be difficult. Now he had to chose between a new friends safety and being able to save Noa. A long time ago Souji would fo already given up, and moved on, just let it hapen and forget about it. As he watched Afano get attacked, he pictured the time he walked up on Noa being attacked. The rage built up again and he attacked in rage. His wound beginning to bleed and open as he launched up, wrapping his legs around the head of the first one he came across, leaning over and grabbing the other guys head.

Gripping hard he would twist his legs while squeezing the pain too much and the guy spun off and hit the ground hard, with the weight off balance he pulled his legs in his arms holding on to the mans head under his left arm, he would knee the man in the chest and fall back driving the mans head into the ground with a DDT. Getting up quickly he would go to Afano. "Grab one, we're going into the arcade."

Souji would grab the one he dropped to the round head first and drag him into the arcade. Waving at the guy at the front desk who was awe struck at what he was seeing. Going into the virtual batting cage he would throw the guy in there. His face full of anger, hatred, and completely seriouse. Grabbing the bat he would tap the guy in the cheek a few times to get him conciouse, as soon as he made grones or began to flutter his eyes open, Souji would slam the bat into the guys knee, with intense force.

"WAKE UP!"

The guy would scream in pain as Souji pointed the bat at the man, then pushed the end down on the now injurred knee. The man would let out a long outdrawn sound fo pain.

"Where did they take the girl?"

The guys mind was blurry, barely able to pick up the question from the pain, but Souji didn't care he slammed the bat into the other knee. The man screamed again.

"Hold the other guy, hes next."

The other guy was probably conciouse and seeing what was happening.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 5, 2009 19:58:33 GMT -6 »

The bloodied Samoan stood his large body straight up and took a look into the sky. The rain now poured from the bleak blackened sky. The was no wind, and no sound. Only rain. Afano looked over at Souji as he attacked both men and was now dragging one who had been nearly choked out.

Afano looked to the other getting up and Afano grabbed his head and quickly jabbed his signature thumb into his throat to keep him from trying anything as he made his way into the arcade. The man inside the nearly empty arcade looked terrified as Afano glared at him for a moment to make sure he stayed out of their way.

Afano watched with a slight unease as Souji began to unleash his fury on the downed man to retrieve information. A violent form of interrogation, but unfortunately most of the time it was the best way. Afano watched and looked over his man as he laid on the ground watching his partner's agony.

Afano said nothing.

mil

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 2:23:32 GMT -6 »

The adrenaline from the fight was gone, and Souji was increasingly desperate to get the information, every second made him more desperate. Souji was obviouselystill bleeding from the strain, using the bat now as a walking device he held his weight on it. The man finished his whimpering and Souji leaned down to stare him in the face.

"Tell me where the girl is and I wont hit you again. You wont have to feel that kind of pain anymore."

The man was close to crying now, but he was finally understanding what Souji was talking about, breathing heavy from the pain he seethed out what Souji didn't want to hear.

"She'll be dead before you get there."

Souji's eyes lit up with a burnign hatred. He turned away from the man and looked at Afano, Souji was on the brink of an emotional nd mental rage. He had to breath, he needed to think straight, but he was so angry. He finally turned back to the man and limped closer to him, grabbing him by the coller and lifting him to standing, he'd say.

"Then they wont even be able to find you."

Souji would let go, pull his arm back and pummel the living shit out of this punk, until he felt satisfied.

"Stop! I'll guh tell you."

Souji froze from throwing another punch, his own knuckles bloody and shaking slightly from pain. He waited intently lowering his shaky fists and waiting, the man slid down the wall and coughed up blood. Souji knew time was running low someone would fo called the police by now. He waited calmly though, keeping his anger low.

"She's in the downtown bistro, theres a penthouse in the shape of a flying saucer."

Souji would turn to Afano and nod, they where going to have a bit of a walk/jog/run on their hands. Souji wasnt sure though how he would be able to go. His wound was open and he was limping as is, but he wouldnt stop until he knew for sure he did EVERYTHING in possibility to save Noa.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 9, 2009 22:33:36 GMT -6 »

(ooc: sorry for lateness, and I'm tired so it might be short)

The large Samoan watched as Souji kept up his interrogation. He seemed to have it under control and began to check the wounds of the one next to him. There were only few times where Afano was violent, at work, when provoked, and when danger approached the innocent. Afano tended quickly stopping the bleeding as he watched the man from before crack.

Afano stood up and nodded in succession with Souji. Afano walked up quickly to the man who was running the near empty arcade. The tall wide Samoan got up into his face with and intimidating glare.

"You never saw us alright. You found some guys beat up on the road and pulled them out of the rain. Call an ambulance, and watch the bleeding on the over there. Too much comes out of that wound and he might not make it"

His angry tone died down as he looked to SOuji who was now limping over to the door on his way to the bistro mentioned earlier. Afano looked to Souji with a serious face.

"I'm fast for a big guy, I'll throw ya up on my shoulder and run us there, just as long as you can tell me where to go."