Author Topic: Side-Effects... [Open] (Read 641 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 11, 2009 19:09:26 GMT -6 »

A new smile had taken over from his old one that covered his sad me memory. He was now genuinely happy as his new friend took him up on his his offer for their upcoming lunch period. Roth swung off the bars forward and then turned around to see Aroon waiting for him. Roth made a small jog over to him and made a small laugh before quickly patting him on his back.

Roth walked along to the locker room. He was starting a mild sweat and still had no clothes to change from, or into. Roth stepped into the locker room and began to take off his clothes. The only way he could really feel clean after any exercise was with a quick shower. In a matter of minutes Roth had cleaned himself up, got redressed and had borrowed so e spray deodorant from an unaware student.

Within the time it took for the bell to ring Roth was out the door and headed to the lunch room. By this point he was starving, and was definitely awaiting to see what the Thai national would say about America's food.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 11, 2009 20:22:05 GMT -6 »

Again, when Roth made contact, Aroon stepped away from it, though with a touch less revulsion than he had before. Tolerance was setting in, and whilst he certainly didn't want the gesture he just ignored it silently again. A moment later once they got into the changing room he quickly undressed, showered and returned to his clothes without a word. It was one of his many ironies, he supposed, that whilst he had no qualms about public nudity in the slightest, he did not enjoy the notion of showering with other men. His hygiene maintenance was something he liked to do in privacy, and not with twenty other people within his vicinity.

Nonetheless, he dried off and redressed in silence, noting with contentment that, as usual, his hair simply fell into place and his appearance was as pristine as he usually kept it. Were it not for his presence in the locker room, it would be impossible to know if the Thai had actually just been exerting himself.

His quicker pace had him out the showers and dressed before Roth, so when he finished up, he waited outside for the taller boy to finish up himself. A few minutes later, he headed out and the pair set off for the cafeteria in moderate silence. Aroon had sampled the cafeteria food enough that he had a vague idea of what to avoid, but he never particularly relished the oft-greasy and more than likely nutritionally lacking food served.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 11, 2009 20:42:52 GMT -6 »

The two new friends walked down the maze of hallways known as the John C. Fremont High School. The only way Roth could tell where to go was the other students surrounding him going the same way. It was similar to his talk about being with the herd from earlier and made a small laugh at the comparison. Roth turned to Aroon as the entered the Lunch Room.

"So, you got any particular place you like to sit? Near the window, the middle, a specific group of friends?"

He pulled up the collar of his trench coat quick and made his way to the line before it got too big. Roth was starving and if one thing got him pumped up, it was food. Although it wasn't the best food, it's taste was bearable. Roth pulled up to the line and received two large slices of pizza, a small cup of fruit and a small side Greek salad.

"It ain't the healthiest stuff, but I'd rather this than living in a place like Africa."

With the line slowly moving Roth pulled out his wallet and gave the cashier a twenty. He hadn't gotten a pay check in a while since his job pretty much only paid upfront. Roth got his change and waited for Aroon at a small station where he began to put some dressing on his salad.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 11, 2009 22:02:06 GMT -6 »

"I couldn't care, frankly. A seat is a seat..." he replied as he shrugged his shoulders. Stepping into line, he shot a glance at what they were offering up to the students today with a real disdain. Pizza. Fries. Fish sticks, or whatever they were called. Pasta with meat sauce....All of the above, whilst likely not terrible, turned the Thais stomach. Grease and carbohydrates galore.

In the end, he resorted to the vegetarian option, rice with vegetables. It certainly looked the most appetising, and as they dished out the food he gave a quiet thank you and continued on down the line. He paid off his meal with change, shaking his head at Roths remark before taking a fork from the station. Normally he'd have gone for chopsticks, but even if the school had provided them, he'd have opted for the fork anyway. He never understood the western logic of putting rice on a plate and not in a bowl, it was a finicky food to eat at the best of times.

Still, he took the cutlery and passed Roth, walking to a table. When he was joined a moment or so later, he did speak quietly.

"You should think about what you say, sometimes...That almost smug logic of having it better than people in Africa? Not clever. Bear in mind that I'm from Thailand, hardly a world superpower. I was just lucky growing up, very much so in fact..."

He trailed off as he began to eat, quickly but tidily scooping rice onto the fork along with a few pieces of broccoli and carrot.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 11, 2009 22:15:14 GMT -6 »

Roth walked over and sat with Aroon as they began to eat. He had to admit that he usually never thought before he spoke. Looking back on it the African food comment may have been a little rude, but as far as Roth knew, it was true. Trying to forget about Roth say down and began to eat. Starting with his grease ball pizza, he folded it in half and began to chomp down. With a quick swallow Roth looked up to Aroon.

"So, tell me about your self. What do ya like? Sports, academics, boats, fighting? I've been explain myself all day, now it's your turn."

Roth looked up at Aroon as he took another bite. He would be surprised if his new friend actually began to open up a bit. He seemed to be very secluded, and maybe after there past few hours together he would at least crack a smile.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 11, 2009 23:52:30 GMT -6 »

As he chewed his mouthful of food, he mulled over the question for a moment. In truth, he did at least owe a certain degree of reciprocation. He'd listened to Roth explain a lot about himself for almost no exchange from the Thai. As such, when he finished his mouthful, he set down his fork and cleared his throat with a small, covered cough.

"Fair enough, I suppose it's only fair."

He linked the fingers together on both hands and rested his chin on the 'bridge' provided as he proceeded to speak. "As you've already found out, I'm from Thailand. As such, it shouldn't go as any surprise that I'm a Thai boxer. That, basically, is my life. I like Thai food, running and, if the Directors intervention proved anything, apparently being naked."

He broke a small smile with the quip, an eyebrow cocking as he smirked at the dark-haired boy opposite him, scooping up another mouthful of his food and popping it in his mouth.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 13, 2009 15:49:53 GMT -6 »

A smile came across the brawler's face as his new friend began to act friendly. Now this is what he was talking about. Hanging out with friends, having fun with out worry. Looking over that Roth took a moment to rethink what Aroon had said. Thai national, loves to fight, a lot of similarities there. Roth finished up his first slice of pie before speaking again.

"Well, I was born up in Boston, raised by my mom, saw my dad now and then. Thats where I learned to fight. My dad got me into wrestling, then I started to delve into Muay Thai, all that mixed with a little bar brawling Irish attitude and you got me."

A small laughed echoed through him as his body shook a bit. His laugh actually moved through out his entire body echoing it, and making it seem louder then it was. He took a few pokes at his salad and spoke once more.

"If you like to fight you should check out this place up in San Diego. I work for'em and their always looking for fresh meat."

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 13, 2009 17:50:47 GMT -6 »

"You practice Muay Thai?" he fired back, a slight raise of his eyebrows as he looked at the dark haired boy over from him...He would never have pegged him for the type, but then, apparently everyone and their mother knew a bit of Muay Thai in this country. Nothing compared to what he knew, and he smirked inwardly as he considered that he was able to think that with absolutely no arrogance whatsoever.

Still, perhaps that had come off a little rude. "My apologies, it just appears that I've come across people who use my style --or at least, claim to--, everywhere. I wasn't quite aware it was so popular in this country as it apparently is."

As he scooped another mouthful of the rice, he chewed in silence for the moment, a similar silence between the pair as Roth apparently ebbed off, but it was only a moment or so before the large youth piped up again, mentioning something he could assume was a competitive circuit in San Diego. An eyebrow cocked as Roth mentioned working for them, wondering whether the entire chain of events had been some bizarre recruiting method, but he indulged the other boy briefly.

"Keep talking...." he said, setting down his fork and tenting his hands again.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 13, 2009 18:22:33 GMT -6 »

(ooc: *confetti balloon party* 100th POST!!!!)

The two new friends sat at their lunch table as the bust students of the Collective scurried along. It was loud, but there was no way to comprehend any word but Aroon's and his own. The Thai stumbled himself as Roth spoke about his Muay Thai training. Although it wasn't very in depth he knew the basics and the meaning. He had to agree, anyone who ever saw an MMA bout went out to learn it.

"Well I'm not saying I live and breath it as you do, but I do know the basics. It helps a lot it the ring."

Roth took a few bites of his small salad. It was mildly surprising that the small salad had more flavor and good taste then the rest of the food. The dressing gave it a lot, but the mix of cool vegetables and cheese beat the steaming grease triangles any day.

"What I love though is the ocean. I spent almost a year in Seattle and got a real nice boat for next to nothing. I was thinking once I got a good head here I'd take a bunch of people out fishing or something like that."

In the middle of his talk the Bostonian began to crack his stiff neck. It always stiffened up no matter what the circumstances. Hell it could get to the point where his neck would have to be forced to move if he didn't do it often enough. Trying his best not to act out of place Roth proceeded with a simple question for his friend.

"So, you like to fish?"

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 13, 2009 19:42:06 GMT -6 »

ooc; Congrats dude.

ic:

"I'm sure it does, to be honest..." he added, leaving it at that. Instead, he mixed some of the rice through with the vegetables and speared a piece of carrot, popping it in his mouth silently as he listened to the bigger youth mention his fondness for the sea. His geography wasn't great, but he assumed Seattle must be coastal USA or something like that. He nodded in general assent, he was rather accustomed to open water as well, having been 'game fishing' once or twice in the past. However, he didn't enjoy the rod and line method of fishing, finding it a touch duller, and a poor excuse to sit around and drink beer, if the stereotype stood.

Ignoring the crack of Roths neck, he answered a moment later, his thought being asked of him inadvertently.

"Well, I can fish with a rod and line, if that's what you mean, but I'm not too keen on it. I actually learned spear-fishing when I was younger, and I'm much more partial to that. It's a good exercise as well, good for the reflexes speed...

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Jul 14, 2009 19:40:50 GMT -6 »

"Spear fish'in eh?"

The Irish brawler was now finishing up his side salad. All that remained was a lettuce leaf, tomato, black olive, and a small bit of unabsorbed dressing. With a tilt of the small tray Roth scooped what was left into his tilted mouth. He then sat the tray down and eyed his second slice of pizza.

"Well you can't get the big ones that way. So say I was planning a trip out with a few guys for a trip out in the bay. Would you be interested?"

At the end of his invitation Roth scooped his second slice and began to eat. As much as the cold flavorful veggies pleased his taste the warm cheese was a good way to balance it all out. He enjoyed eating his food that way. A little of this, a little of that. It kept everything nice and fresh.

As he watched for Aroon's response, he looked over the Thai's shoulder. At about the middle of the cafeteria there was a student sitting alone. He didn't seem lonely though. Only, suspicious.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Aug 8, 2009 18:34:25 GMT -6 »

ooc: So, I never bookmarked this and ended up forgetting about it. Erm, whoops? Still, I figure it's no long shot to finish up. ^^

ic:

As Roth suggested that spear fishing meant you couldn't catch the larger fish he stifled a small snort of amusement. Technically it was true, spear fishing was designed more for fish that didn't go beyond the length of ones arm, but he'd seen skilled spearfishers take down a three hundred pound Bluefin before. That, however, was well out of his reach. He'd be lucky to catch anything over fifty pounds. His forte was combat, not hunting.

"I suppose it could be an interesting experience...." he mused as he chewed on a piece of carrot, folding his arms. "Did you happen to have a particular occasion in mind?"

Even as he spoke he noticed Roths attention shift over his shoulder, and the Thais brow furrowed for a moment. "Something catching your eye there, Roth?" he said quietly, a flick of his eyebrow displaying his curiosity. He wasn't about to turn round, going by the dark-haired youths expression there was nothing out of the ordinary and he'd likely hear if someone was approaching him.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Aug 9, 2009 19:15:17 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Well the fishing can't happen since Tiao blew up my boat.....uh....distraction!)

The last few words from Aroon's mouth went right past the wrestler's ears. The suspicious man behind him looked over both his shoulders. He sat alone, but the food around the table told a different story. Roth watched with intent eyes as the student grabbed a small salad container filled with what he hoped was Ranch dressing.

"FOOOOODD FIIIGGHHHTTT!!!!!!!!!!"

Those loud words echoed through out the cafeteria. They screeched into the ear drum of every living thing within the room, and possible the next few hallways. The open salad container flew up into the air. It was slow, or time seemed to slow, something about it was resonating as it slowly approached the the high speed fan.

At the exact moment the salad reached the fan vegetables of all sorts and sizes covered in white plasma sprayed across the lunch room. Roth immediate reaction was to duck, which he did. His strong reaction timed saved himself from a whizzing chuck of iceberg lettuce that narrowly passed his head.

"Aroon!"

Roth had hoped that he escaped any blows of food. For a moment he looked around waiting for his Thai friend to come to him. Food flew across the room at all speeds and all directions. Meats, dairy, vegetables, drinks. No acceptations. Roth held his tongue but wanted to comment on how this is why Africans hate us.

"Help me lift this table and get it to the door."

The table was round and about 5 feet in diameter. A good shield for most edible projectiles. Now, Roth didn't have a problem with the food fight necessarily. If a bunch of people wanted to have fun by whipping random shit at each-other, then by all means. Nut it was when other people who wanted nothing to do with any of it got involved that got Roth in his peacekeeping mood.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Aug 10, 2009 12:10:50 GMT -6 »

Watching Roth again proved to serve its purpose, as when the larger boys eyes widened in reaction to whatever was happening behind him, he was able to register what was happening at almost the same time. Ducking his head down at the boys words, he slipped his dish off the tray and gripped it tightly in one hand, spinning and whipping it squarely at the instigating youth like a rather painful frisbee. By the time it hit, and by god did it hit if the yelp of pain was anything to go by, he'd already turned round as Roth spoke up at him.

"You'd think they were throwing knives at you, Roth...." he quipped with a smirk on his face as he decided to go along with the idea. Much as he normally wouldn't care himself, he rather liked the clothing he was wearing and could do without spending the rest of the day looking like he'd rolled around in a salad bar. As a result he picked up the table, using one of the legs to brace it against his shoulder and moving as the taller dark haired boy did.

"Do you have some kind of trouble-magnet going on, or something? I've eaten in here at least three times a week since I got to Fremont and nobody's even thought about starting a food fight until now..." he muttered, wiping off a fleck of sauce of some variety from his hairline.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Aug 10, 2009 17:11:05 GMT -6 »

A wide smirk appeared over Roth's face. Not only could his reaction seem a little over the top, but in a way trouble always did follow him. The two strong men lifted their table with Roth leading the way. The two upper legs would rest on both sides of the door giving a small space for people to crouch through and escape the food0filled madness.

"Right place right time I guess."

His smile stayed on his face as he snuck around the table and back into the cafeteria. The food was still flying, but Roth demeanor was now calm as he watch the ones who wanted out got out. He turned to Aroon holding his smile, and then back at the condiment carnage.

"Once the System gets control over the room they'll punish everyone there. I just wanted to make sure to get those an the wrong place and time to the right place time. Punishment is necessary for this, but only to whoever stays. Now how about we-"

*BAM*

He thought he blackout out or something. Roth stood in his place cut from mid sentence, his pupils dilated and blinking rapidly. His long mane of hair was drenched as well as his long face in what he though was blood. The wrestler could fell the liquid seep into his mouth. Chocolate Milk. Yum.

There were no more words from his mouth. He had intended to watch the fight play out and make sure those who started the fight stayed in the room. He didn't agree with the brand of punishment, but discipline needed to be enforced here. The cold soggy face of the Boston native began to let out a smile showing his grinding teeth. Now it was a matter of his tempers fuse. He could fly of the wall and join in, or try his best to calm himself and walk away.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Side-Effects... [Open]
« Aug 15, 2009 0:03:11 GMT -6 »

"Tch..."

He scoffed at the comment before Roth started talking some more, saying how punishment was necessary but to the ones who deserved it, and Aroon slowly began to tune him out before the carton pelted him in the side of the head. At first he'd thought it was a rock, or a glass or something and had a moment of concern; much as the dark haired boy was somewhat irritating he could do without having him concussed and whatnot right around his feet.

But, no. Instead, he observed the brownish trickles that ran down the taller boys face, his nose twitching at the sugar-laced scent of chocolate before he held a hand to his mouth and stifled a burst of laughter. God, whilst he didn't want to find it funny, the look on Roths face had been priceless, he almost wished he'd been able to film it. Unfortunately, it seemed the dark-haired boy didn't see quite the same amusement in it that Aroon had.

"Right place, right time, huh?" he remarked, the corner of his mouth twisted up in an obvious smirk as he watched for what would happen next. He didn't care about the outcome, but it was obvious that Roth was about to blow his top.

Oh, how he'd love to watch that.