Author Topic: A Not So Blind Date (Berlin) (Read 300 times)
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A Not So Blind Date (Berlin)
« Jun 28, 2009 19:49:21 GMT -6 »

"Connor san, why are you nervous?"

"Because sensei... I want to impress her."

"You took her out for a good meal and stood up in her defense the first day you met her. What more are you expecting to do?"

"I don't know. I'm not exactly used to doing this. She'd the first girl I've ever asked out before."

"Connor, do as you do with everything. Let you're heart guide you."

Connor wished that at times his sensei would just give him a straight answer. But, he never gave Connor the easy path. No, he wouldn't mature or grow that way. At least, that was what Suichi told him. He had congratulated Connor on having the courage to ask the girl out in the first place. Now, he was trying to convince Connor he would do just fine.

"Well, she'll be here soon, so I'll talk to you later."

"Be well, and I hope you two have fun."

"Thank you, sensei."

With that, Connor hung up the phone. He was still nervous, regardless of his mentor's calming words. His heart had guided him, and he had gotten a yes out of the girl he was attracted to. It had been only a short time, but she had caught his attention (mainly by being in his kitchen when he got home), and he had found that even though their time together was short, he liked her a great deal.

Now, he was so worried he would do something to ruin the possibility that this would last more than tonight. He had no experience with this sort of thing, and he was unsure what he was meant to do. He had heard things about dates before, but this would be his first.

He was dressed well enough. Short sleeve shirt, non-baggy cargo pants. Clean sneakers. His hair had that boyish messiness to it, which suited him quite well. He was foregoing his shades for now, though his hands were still covered with his gloves. She had no idea his hands were scared, and he feared she would turn from him. That his scars would turn her away from him. And if she ever saw the one on his ribs...

He stopped thinking about that. He waited for the knock on his door, and answered it, hoping it was the energetic girl he had been longing to see since she had left yesterday.

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2009 19:57:52 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 28, 2009 20:09:12 GMT -6 »

Sunset over the city.

Berlin had seen it so many times but tonight's was especially beautiful. She sat in the open window of her room one leg dangling out the window and the other in the frame with her. Watching the sun cast down to the horizon knowing that soon she would go and meet Connor at his dorm.

Connor. Or Red as she referred to him as.

He would never enjoy a sunset like this. She supposed he had already come to terms with it, but still, it wasn't fair that he missed out on such beauty.

Getting up as the sun sunk down lower, she crossed the room and looked at herself in the mirror. She had her curly hair up in a pony tail. Having stolen a holder from the girl in the bathroom earlier who had turned around while applying her make up.

Berlin... PICKPOCKET EXTRODINAIRE!!

The jeans she always had on, baggy yes, but they were all she had. And one of the white tshirts that Connor had given to her. She hadn't eaten all day. Still .. well not full from yesterday but trying to horde her spaghettios for when she really needed them and not just eat them on a whim.

Shoving her feet into the shoes that were too small the familiar pain of them being too small. Walking was excruitiating at times but it was all she had. Getting up she headed out the door locking it with her snazzy key and heading to Connors dorm on the first floor. But Berlin didn't walk down the stairs.

Oh no!

She rode the banister the whole way down!!!

At the bottom she turned left and headed to Connors dorm, at his door she stood there and bit her lower lip wondering if this really was a great idea. Surely he didn't really want to be around a homeless girl like she. Buuut he said he did so she supposed she should give him the benefit of the doubt.

*knock knock*

It wasn't but a moment before Connor answered the door. The shirt was nice, the cargos were nice, the no glasses were... well much nicer. She liked his eyes, a great deal. They didn't wig her out or anything.

"Ready?!"

Berlin was cheerful as always as she waited for him to answer and get whatever he needed. Once the door was locked and they turned heading down the hall hitting the night air and she stopped. Taking his hand in her own, she smiled.

"So the big question tonight is...."

drum roll please

"... left or right."

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 28, 2009 21:21:31 GMT -6 »

Even with his hand in it's glove (the kind with the fingertips missing... he only had to hide his palms), he could feel the warmth of her skin through it. Contact was important. He was only realizing this since meeting her. He had gone so long without it, and the overload of it between hand holding and her on his lap yesterday, it was more than enough to tell him he had been missing out.

He could feel the heat of the sun, too, though it was cooling. Twilight, sunsets. The romantic part of an evening. It was true, he had never seen one. Such being the case, he didn't feel he was missing anything. He accepted his condition long ago, and was neither embarrassed by it or upset with it anymore. The fact that she wasn't thrown made him comfortable enough to forgo the shades.

She asked if he was ready. "I'm ready." Then the direction choosing. "Let's try right." There they were, hand in hand. It took about three seconds for him to realize he had been very lonely without someone around. Sure, he had Suichi. But, this was different. Suichi was his sensei, and the closest thing he had to a father. Berlin was a friend, and Connor hoped it would develop into something more. Though, he also felt like he was thinking to far ahead. After all, would she really like him like that?

He found that he was at a loss of what to say. He wasn't 'cool,' and lived by simple means. Her life, though filled with hardship, had more than likely been more interesting than his own. There were few notable things in Connor's own life, and both of the major events had been tragic. Remembering the most recent of them, he felt the phantom pain in his hands. They tensed without him realizing it, though it was brief.

"I've been... really looking forward to tonight. Actually, since you left yesterday." He grinned. "I actually hoped I was going to find you in my kitchen after classes today." He blushed. "And, now that your here, I have no idea what to say."

Everything about him showed he was a bit nervous, but was also really happy she was here. She may have thought low of herself because of her past, but that detail about her meant little to Connor. He like her for her, and he only hoped she would like him back.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 30, 2009 7:50:44 GMT -6 »

It was quiet!

Shhhhh its a library..

Wait! No it wasn't! It was a date!

Then.. why was it so quiet.

Well she wasn't sure exactly what it was on Connor's side. But while Berlin wasn't exactly the kind of girl to be too shy around strangers since so many people are strangers to her. Since she had never had a home before, or friends, school, or the like. People on the streets tend to talk about their hardship, what they would do if they found the winning lotto ticket on the ground. What they would do if some sort of circumstance happened... how they would be better off then those that had money and lived in fancy homes.

None of that would work with Connor.

"I've been... really looking forward to tonight. Actually, since you left yesterday."

Ohhhh reaaaaally now.

That was most interesting to know.

"Yeah? I been lookin' forward to it too. A little bit of something to think about. ... a goal to reach.. seems lame but it's all I got."

"I actually hoped I was going to find you in my kitchen after classes today."

"Oh? Nah, I got spaghettios right now, and I didn't want to make breakin' into your place a habit. Even though you're really awesome about it, I wont do it unless I really have to which.. right now I don't.. I probably won't eat again til next week."

Berlin shrugged. It was true. It wasn't like she didn't need the nutrition, just that she didn't have access to it at the moment so she had to pace herself. She had to make sure that she ate only when it was becoming a life or death situation. Like when she got dizzy, or wasn't able to think properly anymore. Those were the times it was important to eat.

"don't give me that look, I can't afford food, you k now that, I have to do what I can to make my three cans last."

"And, now that your here, I have no idea what to say."

Berlin blushed.

AWwwwwwwwwwwwww! He was SO cute!

And nervous! Which made him cuter.

"Welll..... then leave it to me! How was your day today? Did anything interesting happen? I met this guy named Jinn, he's a Junior at our school, he helped me get fitted for my uniform and showed me around at school. He's pretty nice. And I'm glad he helped me today since it was my first day and all."

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 30, 2009 21:04:26 GMT -6 »

She had a knack for making him feel better. It was hard to feel upset around her. She was so happy, though he wasn't happy to hear she didn't eat much. He knew her situation, but he was planning on changing it. But, before he could really respond to it, she had helped him with having the trouble of finding something to say.

"Yeah, I had met a rebellious hero. He tried to stick up for a girl, and got into a fight with the guys. Then we ended up meeting up with there friends." Connor grinned, remembering the short brawl. "We'll just say that the five of them ended up taking a nap." He chuckled. "Roth and I made a pretty good team."

He smiled at her, more focused on her now than himself. "I'm glad you had help getting settled. Though, this whole not eating thing is not a great habit." He gave her hand a small squeeze. "I'd like to change that, so long as you'll let me." It was becoming apparent that he wanted to spend much more time with her. Not only that, but he had no problem being the one to take care of things.

It was almost as if he had cued her with that. She gave just a slight gasp, almost unnoticed. Her movement was just a bit slower. With the contact from the hand holding, he could feel more than normal with her. Her body had tensed, and he quickly assessed the situation. He turned and faced her.

"Berlin, do you trust me?"

Upon hearing a positive response, he bent down, and felt her sneakers. Her feet were swollen, and badly. Connor shook his head. "You... are too hard on yourself." He motioned for her to sit on the ground. As soon as she did, he began to untie her sneakers, and remove them, along with her socks. He then did the same to his own. He helped her to her feet, then turned his back to her.

Bending down just slightly, he turned his head so he was facing her over his shoulder. He guided her arms around his neck, and lifted her piggyback style. He left both their sneakers behind. "You can't possibly be comfortable in those. We'll get you a new pair after our date." He smiled, and proceeded to walk in the direction they were headed.

"Berlin, you be my eyes." His voice was soft and tender, full of caring just for her. "I trust you."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jun 30, 2009 21:55:36 GMT -6 »

He told her that he had gotten into a fight. Because he was a classic hero. She already knew that though, she had never actually expected him to be her hero. Especially because, well.. she had been homeless and she didn't have any money or anything. But still, she was glad that he was looking after her, at least for a little while. Allowing her life to be a bit easier while she was working hard to get herself on her feet.

ouch ouch ouch

"Yeah? Well be careful you know! I mean, Im sure you can fight and all, but no need to get too hurt on the account of someone else."

It wasn't that she was cruel or anything, she was just saying that he had to look out for himself as well. Looking out for number one was something that she had learned when she had become homeless. You couldn't really just go about saving people time and time again.

"I'm glad you had help getting settled. Though, this whole not eating thing is not a great habit."

Berlin shrugged.

Ouch ouch ouch....

Not that it mattered. Afterall, this was the life that she had been given. The life that she had gotten when everyone got to pick their tickets for the financial lottery. It was what she had won.. or maybe it was considered to be lost. Either way it all depended on how you looked at it. And right now, she was happy with what it was like.

She had a good home.

A great friend.

Annnnnnnd she was on a date.

"I'd like to change that, so long as you'll let me."

A blush. Crossed her face.

"Oh?" she inquired. "I guess so.. but what do you mean by changing that? I mean you can't.. just.. pay for everything.. I don't really understand what you exactly expect to do."

Ouch.. ouch ouch ouch..

*gasp*

Her feet were hurting her really bad. Apparently, she was growing again. Normally she didn't have to worry about her shoes. They were always a bit tight but normally they didn't cause her pain. But lately she could barely get down the hall without her feet hurting. And it wasn't like she could just walk around without her shoes on!

She wished!

Barefoot was WAY more comfortable anyway.

"Berlin, do you trust me?"

"Huh? Of course!"

She did. Normally there was no way in hell she would trust someone she only just met. But she did trust him because.. well he was nice. He fed her, clothed her, and took care of her. Thus, he had asked for nothing in return except for her to hang out with him more. Even when she stood half naked in front of him, he didn't want her body he just wanted to be her friend.

Or more.

He bent down and his hands went to her sneakers. With her feet stuffed in them, you could tell they were way too small for her growing feet. He motioned for her to sit down and with a giant blush she sat down gently. He quickly began to unlace her shoes and pulled them off. Ssss! A quick inhale as the pain came and went as he manuevered the shoes off her feet gently.

You... are too hard on yourself."

"Sorry."

It was the only answer that she could come up with as he removed her socks and her shoes. Her feet were indeed swollen. Gently he removed his own socks and shoes before he helped her stnad back up. The concrete was warm, and she was glad that it was night because otherwise the concrete would be very hot and they would probably burn the bottom of their feet.

"You can't possibly be comfortable in those. We'll get you a new pair after our date."

He turned, and he guided her arms up over his shoulder and his neck. She blushed as he hoisted her up gently. She beamed happily as he hoisted her up and so that she was having a piggy back ride. Her legs squeezed around his waist and he held her up on his back. She was blushing. Her hot cheek was close to his own and he would be able to feel it. She pecked his cheek.

"You can't spend all your money on me. That's silly. I'm not worth it and I don't think anyone can afford at our age to take care of someone like me. As much as I hate being poor.. I haven't been able to find a job."

"Berlin, you be my eyes."

His eyes!!

O.o

She was completely shocked. He was trusting her to guide him like this. She was more interested than ever before. She pecked his cheek again and she wrapped her arms around his neck and put her chin on his shoulder.

"I trust you."

From here she began to lead him, and since she was close she would describe some things that he couldn't see but he had once had site. And she knew that he would know some things just by her description and the names. Especially since he was well read. That way, he would be able to experience more than just the walk and the night air. She loved being around him though she kept asking him if she was too heavy for him.

Not that she was!

She was too skinny for that. But still.

Her stomach grumbled loudly, as they rounded a corner many many blocks away. She smiled and blushed again.

"Hey you think we could get a hot dog or something?" she asked to him. Her voice, was much softer in his ear, because they were so close and she had done some reading in the library today on blindness and how the other senses come to life.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 1, 2009 1:27:09 GMT -6 »

She had told him to be careful, and he had nodded. Though, he couldn't help his heart. He was a hero. It was his nature. He wanted to protect people to keep them from having to go through what he did. Though he always tried to use his mind first, at times he had to use his training.

She had let him remove her shoes, after confirming that she trusted him, and even apologized to him. Once he had her on his back piggy back style, he spoke. "You don't need to be sorry. I just... you don't have to do it. Not with me. Not anymore at all." She seemed to be happy about the ride, and had hugged him with her legs as well as her arms. She hadn't expected it, as was apparent by the heat coming off her cheeks. So, he had made her blush. The kiss came, and the blush returned to his own cheeks.

She had also told him he couldn't pay for everything for her. His thoughts to that were, why not? After all, he didn't need money that badly. He had more than enough, and given where the money came from, it made him sick. At least, if he could use it for something good, he felt his mother would be proud. To Connor, it was blood money, that inheritance. He did everything he could to only use it for himself out of necessity. To make Berlin happy and smile gave the money more worth to him, and made spending it a joy rather than something that brought pain.

She kissed him again, and she also kept asking if she was too heavy. He chuckled. "If I wasn't holding your legs up for support, you're light enough that I wouldn't even notice you there. You definitely need to eat more." At that, her stomach grumbled again, and he laughed. "See?"

She spoke softly, and it was so delicate, it sent a pleasant tingle that made the hair on the back of his neck stand up. "A hot dog? Sure. If you see a cart, guide us to it. I'm relying on you." Connor could smell one, his super sensitive nose detecting it. However, he knew she would be able to as well. The scent was strong, meaning the cart wasn't far. As it was warm out now, the cart was here late.

Connor wanted to talk to her, to address what she had said earlier. Berlin, about spending money on you..." He was starting to blush. It was taking all the courage he had to get his thoughts out. "Why shouldn't I?" They found the cart before he could continue or she could answer right away. The owner of it found it amusing that he was carrying her like that. Connor ordered for them, knowing exactly what they had. He let her pick her soda, got one of the same, and even getting an order of cheese fries for them to share. He wouldn't put her down, though.

"Nope. Not until we find a spot to sit. You're feet are too sore to be walking jut yet. Lead us to a bench." She was holding the fries and two hot dogs, the cans of soda fit in Connor's pockets. It wasn't long at all before they were sitting and enjoying their meal, Berlin beside Connor. He finished quickly, and slide a bit away from her. Before she could linger on the wrong idea that he didn't want to be close to her, he gently took her feet to his lap.

He sighed, and glanced at her nervously. "I hope... this doesn't bother you." She would see him remove the gloves for the first time, and the ugly scars in the center of each hand, as if something had been driven clear through from one side to the other, were exposed. He tried to make the sight brief, as he and began using his strong but soft hands to massage her sore and swollen feet. He knew that the scars would raise questions, but the massage might take her mind away from those thoughts for the time being.

"I like taking you out. And I really don't mind spending the money on you. Spending it on you at least gives the money real worth. Making you happy..." He paused a moment. "Berlin, the money is my inheritance. My father died when I was too young to remember or know him. My mother was killed right in front of me. The money I have was what was left to me in their will." He took a deep breath. "It's a reminder of what happened. I don't use it for anything other than food and clothes. I refuse to spend it on myself for something I don't need."

He smiled at her. "I'm not telling you this to burden you with my past. But, please understand... you give me a real reason to use it. Taking you out... makes you happy. And, it allows me to spend time around someone I really like. In that case, I don;t mind using it. Plus... there is more than I could ever need." He lowered his voice, not sounding proud that he had it, and not sounding like he was bragging. More like it was a secret, and the money wasn't exactly wanted. "I have enough that would last me this lifetime, and several beyond. So, please don't worry about me footing any bill. And please, don't tell anyone. It's not something I like to make public knowledge." He took a little pause. "In the end, if it would mean a single smile from you, even if I could never see it, I would happily go broke."

Connor blushed as he spoke, summoning all his courage. " Besides... isn't it a boyfriend's responsibility?" He was blushing, and his nervousness returned. "That is, if you'll have me as such." He was so expecting rejection. Why? Well, because he didn't see what would make her like him so much. They had just met, and he was just a nice guy that was kind to her. Girls had a tendency to forgo the 'nice guy' and go for the rebel. The exciting guy. The one who may not treat them well, but gave them the adventure they seemed to crave.

Connor had no self confidence in this situation. He wasn't exciting. He lived simply. If one looked at him, they would have no idea of his worth in money. He looked 'normal' save for being blind. He didn't find himself special. He was just Connor.

"We haven't known each other long, but I'd... The more I'm around you, the more I like being around you. There is a phrase 'love at first sight.' Obviously, in my case that isn't possible." He waved his hand in front of his eyes briefly before returning them to her feet, which he had continued to massage this whole time. "But, I know that I care about you."

He took a breath, his blush and nervousness the most obvious thing about him right now. "A yes from you would... I'd be more happy than you could know." He was facing her feet. Even blind, he was too nervous to be facing her. "If you don't want to... just promise me you'd still hang out with me." He tried to put the focus on her feet. He was trembling slightly. He felt he might be asking too much. That maybe he was moving to fast. He was asking her to be his steady girl? Who was he?

Connor san, why are you nervous

Suichi's words echoed in his mind. Simple... because I am used to being alone, and I doubt that will change. Even with her words from yesterday, I can't just view myself differently. After years and years of hearing the same thing, it's hard to change.

What would have her choose me? I stood up for her? I took her out? Gave her a few shirts? So what? Anyone could do that. I'm not the only nice person in the world. She met a nice person today that helped her like I did, right? I'm nothing special, sensei. I'm just Connor. Nothing more.

« Last Edit: Jul 1, 2009 1:29:06 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 2, 2009 9:24:52 GMT -6 »

"If I wasn't holding your legs up for support, you're light enough that I wouldn't even notice you there. You definitely need to eat more."

"Nu uh! I don't need to eat more, I'm good!"

*grumble grumble*

TRAITOR!!!!

"See"

Berlin sighed, and thus asked for the hot dog that they were on their way to find. Her stomach could find food blocks away that smelled tasty. So the fact that there was a hot dog cart out later than normal and just around the corner did not escape the young girls nose. He told her to lead the way and she would do just that. It was kind of nice to be around him. her feet hurt, but it was a residual pain that would fade as she didn't use them,and would finally allow the swelling to go down. She would be glad for new shoes but she still wasn't sure that he should have to pay for them. Maybe she could go raid some pocket change bags.. and take a penny trays.. and stuff... and she would be able to.. pay for some kind of second hand pair from a resale shop.

Can anyone say foot fungus?

Can anyone say contagious?

It wasn't like she had a choice people!

Berlin, about spending money on you...Why shouldn't I?"

Huh? Did he REALLY have to ask that? Was that not as obvious as why dog's pee on the sidewalk? She had NO idea just why he was asking her this. Surely.. SURELY he knew why this was not a good idea. Opening her mouth she was about to answer him, when they arrived at the food cart and all thoughts but the hot dogs within left her mind.

"Two please."

Wait?! Cheese Fries!! TAAAAAASSSSSTEEEEEEY

He paid. And she held the food. A smile on her face, two dogs, and a cheese fry to share. The sodas were in his pockets, handy that he was wearing pants with pockets today huh? She beamed as they headed down the sidewalk.

"Put me down! I can walk!"

"Nope. Not until we find a spot to sit. You're feet are too sore to be walking jut yet. Lead us to a bench."

*growls*

UH! What was this whole.. taking care of her thing!? She was used to being strong and doing everything on her own. On the streets if you were weak you died. And no one really cared how much pain you were in. You kept movin, kept livin' and did everything you could to be as strong as possible. She had lived through much more pain than her feet before.

"Over there!"

She took his arm, and lifted it with her hand under his bicep and pointed it in the direction of the bench. He turned and she counted the estimated steps for him. Then.

"Stop. Turn around. And put me down."

He did so and her bum landed right on the bench with no trouble and no issues. A smile on her face as he sat beside her. She handed him his dog and put the cheese fries in his lap. Berlin sat sideways her left side to the back of the bench, back to the arm rest, and her legs crossed in front of her. Dinner was basically inhaled.

She watched. As he removed the gloves that she had never seen him without. All.. two times she'd seen him. ANYWAY! Wait.. WERE THOSE SCARS?! She didn't say anything as he found her feet and pulled them into his lap. She hoped they didn't smell, but she had taken a shower this morning. He began to massage her feet...

"I hope... this doesn't bother you."

"ohhhhhh God."

Her eyes fluttered as he worked the circulation in her feet and she sunk down on the bench. That felt like heaven. Coming from his hands. She could feel the circulation returning to her legs and her feet, and moving the swelling out a bit.

He began to tell her everything. About how the money was his inheritance, and how it was a vast sum. Something that he couldn't spend in this life time or the next. But that he didn't want it because his father had passed and his mother was murdered and that left all the money to him. Which he felt was something like blood money. Something only earned because of a great death with someone that was loved, and brutally taken from them. But making her happy was something that he wanted to do.. and thus was buying her things to help her live more comfortably.

"So you're my sugar daddy?"

It was a joke people!

" Besides... isn't it a boyfriend's responsibility?"

She guessed.. that was if she had one. Which she didn't..

"That is, if you'll have me as such."

HUH?!

Berlin + Connor?

Was that possible? Feasible? Proper?

"Wait wait wait.. you want ME?! Homeless girls extroidinaire... the one that has no shoes now.. jeans that are too big... clothes that don't fit and can't even afford soap?!"

"We haven't known each other long, but I'd... The more I'm around you, the more I like being around you. There is a phrase 'love at first sight.' Obviously, in my case that isn't possible. But, I know that I care about you."

That was true, they hadn't known each other long at all. She loved being around him though, he didn't judge her because she had been homeless. Because she couldn't afford her own food or to take care of herself. She was just glad that she was now earning an education and getting a roof over her head. Those things right now were milestones in her mind, and she was glad that she was able really, to take care of herself in that way even though she knew that she still wasn't doing anything like she really needed to.

"Well I mean.. I care about you too you know."

"A yes from you would... I'd be more happy than you could know. If you don't want to... just promise me you'd still hang out with me."

Berlin laughed. She hadn't meant to but his lack of self confidence was hilarious. There he was asking her out only to back track on it all and then decide he wasn't worthy but that maybe they could still be friends.

"Okay okay... A. You need to get some more confidence. B. Don't pretend to be rejected before I've even heard the whole question. And C. Well.. you've GOT to at least give a girl a bit of time to reply before you go all rambling on and getting me confused."

Berlin took a deep breath, watching as he stared at her feet.

"Oh .. and you should look at a girl when you're asking her out. The feet don't make the choice."

Berlin chuckled again.

"Anyway.. dating.. uhhh I've never dated before.... no one ever asked me. Afterall, it never really mattered to me and on the streets people come and go and go and come. Uhh but.. well.. it's something I've always wanted to try... and.. I do like you so.. sure.. lets do it."

So.. now she had a boyfriend?

Sweeeeet.

« Last Edit: Jul 2, 2009 9:25:27 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 2, 2009 18:39:19 GMT -6 »

He chuckled at her calling him her sugar daddy. Though, as of right now, he had not asked for anything in return, nor would he. Connor was traditional, and intimate things, he felt, should be mutual. He had nodded when she asked if he really wanted her. Connor didn't mind her situation, and didn't care if he had to take care of her. He actually enjoyed it.

He blushed as she spoke to him about needing more confidence. She was right. He had done the whole backtracking, nervous rambling at least twice with her now. His face turned even more red as she told him he should look at her, as her feet didn't make the decision. He looked up, though not seeing her, at least their eyes made contact.

She had never dated before, but had wanted to. That, and she liked him, and had agreed. Connor's face formed a smile that showed just how happy it had made him. "Really?" He was still nervous, but his excitement gave him at least momentary courage. He lifted her thoroughly massaged feet, slid himself toward her, and wrapped his arms around her.

He liked the way she felt there, partially on his lap, and in his embrace. He didn't say anything right away, but just enjoyed the moment. He pulled back, his face inches from hers. His charming little smile, the one he had only given her, showed. No one would be able to slap it off his face. "I've never done the dating thing either, so it'll be new for both of us. But, I'm really glad this gets to be with you."

He took her hand in his, gave it a squeeze, and brought her hand to his lips, giving it a small kiss. He was still blushing. "I'll work on the whole confidence thing. I just got really nervous." He realized that his hands were still exposed, and as he wasn't sure if she had seen them. As he didn't need his girlfriend wanting to be away from him after only going out for about two minutes, he reached for his gloves and made to put them back on his hands.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2009 17:08:14 GMT -6 »

"Really?"

Berlin rolled her eyes. Once more.

But before she could really answer, the very obvious question he lifted her legs. Grabbing onto her ankles he slid her foward. Berlin gave a squeal of surprise as he did this, bringing her close and into his arms.

Huggie!

She snuggled into him, closing her eyes as he held her there. She was half in and half out of his lap. But neither of them seemed to care, she was comfortable, and he didn't seem to mind having her close at all.

Berlin pecked his cheek quickly as he pulled back.

So... this was what it was like to have a boyfriend?

Somehow she thought she would be covered in warm fuzzies all the time. Humming songs under your breath. The world through rose colored glasses. Sunshine on my shoulder. All that jazz was just supposed to appear. You were supposed to be surrounded by an ethereal glow and everyone would be like OMG SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND!!

But she still felt like the normal every day Berlin.

Huh. Who would have thought.

"I've never done the dating thing either, so it'll be new for both of us. But, I'm really glad this gets to be with you."

He was smiling. Looking as though he could see right into her bright blue eyes. Which made her blush. Her hand reached up and brushed his red hair back from his face. She really did love his hair and his eyes. Her little Red. He was the best. His hand caught her hand, and he placed a soft kiss on the back of it making her gasp and blush even more.

"I'll work on the whole confidence thing. I just got really nervous."

"Okie dokie."

He began to pull back as though he was realizing something. And she sighed. There were those gloves again. She didn't understand his desire to hide himself. Regardless if the scars, or the eyes, were not always in the sight of others didn't mean they didn't exist. She could understand in a way why he was a bit shy to show them. Probably didn't want people asking so many questions. But she wouldn't ask questions, that he so obviously didn't want answered.

Buuuut;.

*Yoink!!*

"No sir! Bad Red."

Taking his gloves, she popped him on the top of the head with them. Lightly mind you, just enough for the hair to move and for him to feel the slight pressure. And what were those she spied with her little eye!?

The sunglasses. Oh this was going to prove to be most fun.

Taking those as well she put the gloves on her hands, and she put the sunglasses on her face. She grinned, upset a bit he couldn't see the awesomeness that had become her. She leaned forward and took his hand with her glove covered ones and brought his hand to her face so he could feel the sunglasses.

"Now, I am just like you!"

She beamed. Getting up she took his hand with her gloved one and tugged him to his feet, so they could walk together again, continuing their night walk and she knew at some point they would end up at a store. She hoped they were still open but then there was always Walmart, they were ALWAYS open.

"You know, I understand, feeling the need to hide yourself from everyone. So that they don't see all your weaknesses and the like. But I'm not everyone Red. So there's no need to be all hide and seek around me. Thing is, I don't really care that you can't see, or that you don't like your hands. I mean, if it really bothers you, I'll give the gloves back for our little walk.. but to be frank.. they're all part of you."

He would feel Berlin shrug as their hands were still together.

"And I like you. So it would be lame, if I didn't like parts of you and stuff. I mean no one likes all of me either, I usually am not so nice on the nose, I don't really have any clothes that fit and can't feed myself. I can't read, and I have problems in school but I do my best to remain optimistic through it all. So I guess.. my long winded explaination is.. well.. do what you will, but you don't have to hide from me."

"here!"

She found his cane, which she noticed her carried with him just in case, unclipping it from his belt she took a moment before he finally had to show her how to open it. She smiled and she held it out in front of him. Linking her arm with his.

"There now we can be blind together." she said as the tap tap tap of the cane began to be heard as they continued to walk.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 16:02:26 GMT -6 »

She bopped him on the head with his own gloves after ninja-swiping them from his hands. She also stripped him! Well, at least of his shades and cane, explaining in the process that she liked him, and it would be foolish to hide himself from her. That she didn't mind. She accepted all of him. That meant more to him that she would know, though she would surly figure it out. After all, Connor was looking to make this a long-lasting thing. He was going to try everything in his power not to screw this up.

He nodded, letting her take his things from him. "I... won't hide myself from you. But, it's not that their weaknesses. Remember before? How you told me not to play the hero? Well, it's kinda in my nature, I guess. I stood up to a gang leader at my old school. My reward for trying to bring peace was being nailed to a piece of wood, and surrounded by a circle of fire." He indicated his hands, right at the point where the nails had entered. He blushed hard as he slowly lifted his shirt, revealing the stab-wound scar. Might as well show her now rather than later, right?

"I was more worried that if you saw them, you might..." he didn't have to finish. She knew what he meant. "Thanks. guess I was worried over nothing."

She finished taking his things, and assembling them on herself. "There now we can be blind together."

He smiled and laughed. "The blind leading the blind?" He was happy as he stood beside her, holding her hand. His entire bare hand against hers. No glove, no barrier. He was pleased. "So, you ready to be a part of my world?" He was close, his lips close enough to her ear to whisper, his breath giving that pleasant tickle.

"Use all your other senses to replace your eyes. I won't let you walk into anything. Promise." He put his arm around her, part as a guide, part just to be close. One hand clasped her free one, the other let her use the cane. Trust was a huge factor for a successful relationship. That was what they would have to rely on.

"Pick your direction." A smile was on his face, and in his voice. He was having a really good time. Regrets with asking Berlin out?

Not a chance.

« Last Edit: Jul 6, 2009 16:03:45 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 20:13:33 GMT -6 »

Enter Darkness!

"The blind leading the blind?"

He took her hand as she nodded. Though she almost wished that she was able to feel his hand against hers without the glove but now that she was wearing the gloves. She wouldn't be able to. But that would happen later. She was sure, this would not be the only time that they were able to hold hands. Especially if they were together now.

"So, you ready to be a part of my world?"

"Oh I'm totally ready!"

BRING IT ON!!!

He leaned down and his lips brushed her ear. She shivered and she blushed deeply as she felt that feeling rushing through her. At his orders, her eyes closed gently, long blonde lashes laying against her pale cheeks. She wanted of course, to see what it was like, and it wasn't like it mattered anyway.

"Use all your other senses to replace your eyes. I won't let you walk into anything. Promise."

She blushed severely, and he would feel the heat. With her eyes closed, she began to walk with him. Letting him lead her. Tingles up her back, she was a bit nervous obviously and yet she wanted to feel this, and she wanted to know how it was to live in his world. She let him lead her, because she did trust him, though it was kind of hard considering he was actually blind and she wasn't. Though she figured that she ought to at least pretend to see how it could be.

"Lets go find that store you were talking about."

She told him as her hand and his continued to be linked. If they were getting looks before, then they were seriously getting even worse ones now. Because now they seemed like a blind couple dating even though they weren't. It wasn't like it mattered though, she was just enjoying being with Connor. It was a great time to hang around him, and know that they were getting closer by the moment.

"Hey Connor... If you could see again.. would you? I mean, what if they came out with some medical miracle that could give you your sight back?"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 20:47:53 GMT -6 »

Though she claimed she was ready, he could feel her blushing, and it made him smile. He liked being this close, and wished they could be closer. His mind wandered a little, and he quickly pulled it back. He had never had thoughts that were dirty at all, though now for the first time having a girl that really seemed like she wanted to be around him, and the feeling of her being close, having had her in his lap, the holding... well, he couldn't keep his mind clean completely, could he?

But, he was a good boy, and so he had the control most teens lacked. He was just enjoying the time with her. She wished to go to a store, and that would most likely be the local Wal-mart, open round the clock for your convenience! But, he didn't get to go that far. No, not without Berlin asking a question that was deeper than any Connor had pondered.

"Hey Connor... If you could see again.. would you? I mean, what if they came out with some medical miracle that could give you your sight back?"

Connor froze for a moment. He had never thought about that. He had just accepted the lack of sight. Since he never remembered ever seeing anything, he never thought about what he had missed. Though, thinking back, he could feel the pain when he had heard someone describe a sunset, or something beautiful written in a book that he would never see in real life. Being blind, at times, was painful.

But, he never thought about being able to see again.

He started walking with her after that pause, but he didn't speak right away. His face was thoughtful, not offended, and he answered the best he could. "Honestly, I never thought about that possibility. At least not that it would be a reality. I know they are advancing with things like that, but I never thought about having my sight restored. I had just always accepted that I'd never see anything, least not the way everyone else does."

He sighed, a little disappointed. "To be honest, there are times I am jealous of those that can see. Colors and beauty of the world around us... it sounds corny, but I used to wish I could see like everyone else just for that. To read by sight and not by touch. But, I stopped wishing for that a while ago. Well, at least until recently." He started blushing hard, and she would now feel the heat on his cheeks.

"If I could have my sight back, even for just one minute, I think I would. Because... well, then I'd get to see you." He was blushing because he thought even sweet, it sounded stupid. He felt like a huge geek right now.

"I told you before, I can see, but with vibrations and sound. Things have no color, or detail. The image isn't the best, but it is something. But, there are times where I have a crystal clear picture in my mind." He smiled, his face taking on a wistful appearance. "When it rains. Every drop gently hitting the surface of something. There is still no color, but the detail is there. When it rains, it's almost like I can see."

He faced her, then realized how he sounded, and blushed again. "Yeah... I know... your new boyfriend is a geek, right?" He grinned, but stayed close. "Um, Berlin? I know you wanted to imitate me and all, but... I hope you don't mind this." He gently removed the glove of her free hand, and took it in his. No glove, no nothing between. Their hands kissed.

The sensation was tremendous on his end at lest. He smiled. "I just... wanted to be a little closer." It wouldn't be long before they reached the store. But, they had at least a bit more darkness to blanket them before appearing in public.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 22:30:24 GMT -6 »

He was quiet.

WElllll shit.

That was her only thought, she worried that she had pissed him off or offended him somehow. But it wasn't.. that. She could see that much in his face, and so she waited. They continued to walk, and she began to hum. It was a habit of hers, when she was nervous, or waiting, she would hum. Nothing, of note, just humming her own little melodies.

Life was NEVER boring around Berlin.

She was your own personal Beat box.

Finally, he answered, saying that he got jealous often. People were able to see colors, and be able to read and picture exactly what it was that they could imaigne or experience. Because they had seen it before, experienced it before, or something. But no, instead, he was stuck in a world that was commpletely dark and destined never to actually see any of the things that the world had to offer. Any of the things that were so beautiful. She wished that she could describe it to him, but she could not, because she would of course want to use color... color he didn't know.

"If I could have my sight back, even for just one minute, I think I would. Because... well, then I'd get to see you."

Berlin's eyes widened. And then she blushed so very deeply that she could not even speak. Her hand softly squeezed his to tell him silently just how much that meant to her. That the thing he would want to see was her. This young girl that was crazy, spastic, couldn't read, and probably didn't have a third grade education. But she was trying her best. Fighting against all odds. Doing her best to make something of herself that she had never done before, that most people on the streets didn't dream of.

"You would want to see me?" Her voice was that of disbelief. "I am.. fl.. flattered.. really.."

He told her about the rain. And her eyes widneed, rain?! Well she could MAKE it rain, if she just had the right place to go! That wasn't too hard, there were the fountains! Oh the fountains! He would love those! She knew exactly what she wanted to do, and yet they should probably do it before they went to the store. Because after they would have their new shoes.

"That's so cool though! Very Xmen!"

He paused them, and he excused himself. He leaned down taking her hand and gently he pulled the glove from her slender fingers. He told her that he wanted to feel his skin against her own and as his hand slid into hers skin against skin she smiled gently. But instead of letting them go to the store just yet she smiled.

"I have an idea!"

Berlin beamed.

"Come with me."

That was it, end of the blind fun. She pushed the glasses up in her hair. Folded up the cane and put it on his belt again. Then she led him, through the streets. The sound of water wasn't far. She led him to the center of a square that was a great shopping district. Though it was all closed up at the moment, due to it being after hours. But it was the fountains she was here for. She stepped, gently up pulling him underneath the water. It was a bit loud, but the point was, that the water, on the outside of the fountain that shot up in streams from the grates in the floor.. rained down on her, and she stood there facing her Connor.

"There! Now.. now you can see me.. and .. and you don't need vision.. you can see me now!"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 21:04:47 GMT -6 »

"You would want to see me?" Her voice was that of disbelief. "I am.. fl.. flattered.. really.."

Connor nodded, confirming that his words were true. He wish he could see her. If he never did, he would be alright. He loved the sound of her voice, and the way she was in general. To see her would simply be a bonus. She felt complimented, and then gave one of her own in regards to how he got himself around.

"That's so cool though! Very Xmen!"

Sight or no, Connor knew who the X-men were. He wasn't deaf after all, and he had heard kids discuss comics and movies. Apparently, it was something Berlin was into as well, and that made him smile. He figured all blind people navigated like he did. From her reaction, he was guessing he was wrong about that. Maybe there was something special about him. Well, so long as he was special to her, that was all that was important at the moment. If she was pleased, he was happy.

Suddenly, she was leading him, some idea of hers taking them a bit away form the store. Connor heard it. Running water. Like rain, though it wasn't rain. It sounded like rain, and as they got closer, Connor could 'see' where the water fell. It was a fountain, and it was falling upon flat ground. It shot up, and sprinkled down.

Artificial rain.

Berlin pulled him underneath it with her, and the water fell upon them both. Though loud, the water didn't bother his ears. It was soothing, and relaxing. There she stood, facing him.

"There! Now.. now you can see me.. and .. and you don't need vision.. you can see me now!"

It was true. Her eyes met his, and though the image was in his mind, looking into his eyes one might think they held sight. He was looking right at her, every detail crystal clear. He was speechless. He lifted his hand to her cheek, his bare hand, and stroked her face gently.

It was like a scene in a movie. There the two stood, and Connor was a bit overcome with emotion. She had just given him a gift of temporary sight. He had wished to see her, and she had granted his wish. He wasn't thinking, and his heart and instincts took over, He leaned in, slowly, and his lips met hers.

So far, she had been the one to kiss him. Short pecks that brought blush to his cheeks. But, now this was a soft, caring kiss. He wrapped his arms around her, and held her. Once the kiss broke, which would be when it was mutual, he held her still, under the fountain.

He blushed, realizing what he had done. "Sorry if that was too sudden." He was grinning a bit, obviously happy to have kissed her, but a bit nervous that she wouldn't be receptive. "I just... I told you I wished something, and you found a way to make it happen. That gift is worth more to me than anything"

He smiled at her. "I'm really lucky. My girlfriend is really fun to be around, and she's beautiful, too." He smiled, knowing that this moment would have to end, at least so they could dry off and get some footwear. But, for now, the world was still, and he was enjoying being right there with her.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 21:37:49 GMT -6 »

Shock.

Went all over his face. His eyes were widened to the point where she could tell that shock was what he felt. It was all over his face, and she loved the way he reacted to her. It was so obvious that he could see her. At least in the only way that he could see.

He moved over to her, his hand reaching up he cupped her cheek gently. Her eyes closed for a moment, feeling his warm skin and the cool water cupping her cheek. Running down her skin, and into her shirt, but she didn't care. If this was the only way that he could see her, then so be it.

Getting soaked was well worth it.

Her eyes opened, and she looked up only in time to see him leaning down and with his hand still cupped on her cheek, he brought his lips to her own.

HOLY CRAP!!

He's kissing me! O.o

Her eyes closed again, and her lips began to kiss him back. Hands rising to lay gently upon his chest. Her lips slowly moving with his own. Her heart beating wildly in her chest. While they might have pecked a time or two, it was never a real kiss. This was her first real kiss and it was meaning so much to her under the water of the fountains. Where they could come any time he wanted to see her. She would never mind doing this if it was what it took for him to see her.

Softly, it broke.

Wow.....

... I dunno if I can stay standing.

"Sorry if that was too sudden."

Huh? Oh the kiss..

BACK TO REALITY BERLIN!

Fantasy broken she was back in the real world again looking up at him with a soft smile on her face as he held her softly and close to him. His hand was still on her cheek, and she could feel his soft skin stroking over her gentle cheek. Though he would never see her curls bounce, she knew this was what they could get.

"I just... I told you I wished something, and you found a way to make it happen. That gift is worth more to me than anything"

She smiled again.

"I don't mind at all! Don't appologize! I thought we talked about that. I will let you know if and when there is something that bothers me. Til then, whatever goes. I'm not a shy girl, I'll let you know."

She leaned up and she kissed him again. One more time while they could see one another. She loved being around him more and more every moment. And the kiss was just so wonderful. Especially when he could see her right now. And she knew when they left the fountain, he would be back in the dark she hoped he could carry the image of her with him around.

"I am having a really good time tonight Connor." she whispered softly.

Taking his hand. They headed out of the water slowly letting him look at her as long as he wanted while they headed to the edge. Outside the edge, she wrung her hair out so that the water wouldn't stay in it and drip.

"Now .. lets go get some shoes.. or whatever."

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 22:11:22 GMT -6 »

Had Connor known what was going through her mind, he would have been surprised. He never would guess he could have that kind of effect on someone. But, he had. She had gone into her own little love fantasy, and it had been with him. He could feel her heart beating loudly in her chest, right against his own. It was wonderful to feel that close.

She gave him a very short lecture about the apology, and he nodded. He knew she wasn't shy. After all, hadn't she been ready to give herself to him in his dorm, a way to pay him back for his kindness? She had stripped herself half naked then, and they hadn't known each other long at all.

He had his own fantasy play out with that thought as a reminder. To be that close, even in a simple embrace, bare skin together. He blushed hard. She gave him a kiss all her own, one that he enjoyed just as much as the first one. That would not be something he would tire of. Not at all.

"I am having a really good time tonight Connor."

He smiled. "Me too."

She mentioned getting shoes, and he nodded. Though out of the water, her image was very much burned into his memory. It wasn't something he would forget. He shook the water from his clothes, and ran his hand through his hair, the droplets getting shaken off there as well.

Though he was very damp, the warm air would dry them enough that they'd be able to enter the store. As they walked, Connor started blushing hard. "Hey, Berlin..." He knew he shouldn't be nervous, and he was trying his best. They were close again, his bare hand against hers. "I'm hoping that maybe there could be more of that after we get shoes." He was blushing harder with each moment. "That was... you were my first kiss." He grinned.

"I'm just hoping that we could have more of that." He smiled at her, still red, but a bit less nervous. He squeezed her hand, very much wanting this night to last as long as possible. It wasn't long before they were at the store, and entered. Barefoot and a bit damp, they entered, and were stopped by the greeter.

"No shoes, no service."

Connor nodded. "I know, but that is actually why we're here. We need socks, and shoes. I was hoping that we could purchase them here. Ours got ruined on our walk, and we couldn't wear them. They were old, and it was kind of the last thread that popped, so to speak." Now, the shoes Connor's ditched before with Berlin's had looked and been practically brand new. But, the greeter didn't know that.

Connor didn't look right at them as he gave the story. Also, the person could tell by his eyes right away that...

"Oh dear, you're blind, aren't you?

Connor nodded. The greeter let them in, apologizing and telling Berlin exactly where to find the shoe department. Connor smiled shortly after they were out of earshot.

"Well, not like I wanted to play the blind card. But, so long as we aren't bothered." Connor asked Berlin to grab a bag of socks for him, and one for her. Right after that, they were in the women's shoe section. "Ok... choose. Make sure they fit, and are comfortable. And don't look at the price. Just make sure you like them, and they fit right." He sat down, and would wait on her. He'd have her help him. So long as it was his size, he wasn't picky. It wasn't like he could see them. A plain pair of black sneakers would do just fine.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 9, 2009 20:49:55 GMT -6 »

It was certainly not Berlin's first kiss. She had her first kiss back when she was probably too young for anyone to be legally thinking about kissing her in a way that had nothing to do with family. But, she had to admit it was the first kiss that she had not felt guilty over. The first kiss that she had enjoyed to the point that she had wanted another one immediatly and taken it from him too.

"Hey, Berlin..."

"Yeah?"

Her attention was off her thoughts, and back on him. Their hands holding one another as the warm summer air was already beginning to dry them. She wondered how many times these two idiots would be found sitting or standing in the rain. Just making out or staring at one another. She wasn't sure, but she was sure it would be often.

"I'm hoping that maybe there could be more of that after we get shoes."

She could only chuckle.

"Well, I wasn't intending it to be our last."

"That was... you were my first kiss."

Why did that not surprise her?

Firstly she supposed that it was because he was so shy. Because really, that guy didn't look like that kind that went around often trying to find a girlfriend or trying to get someone that he could kiss. He probably had some great ideals about finding the right girl, dating and marrying her by the next ten years.

Berlin did not enjoy such a fantasy.

Men were users. They got what they wanted, and then they tossed you to the side when someone else came along that had something even just slightly better than what you were offering. They would search and search and get the best. The best of the best. That was what they wanted. They never settled for good, or good enough. And Berlin would never be the best for anyone.

She had baggage, she had issues, and she was poor.

"I'm just hoping that we could have more of that."

"Sure deal, buddy-o"

They held each other's hand all the way to the large WalMart. The blue glowing sign was showing up above the wide doors. They headed in only to be acosted by the greeter saying that they were not allowed in because they were not wearing shoes.

Well that backfired didn't it?

"I know, but that is actually why we're here. We need socks, and shoes. I was hoping that we could purchase them here. Ours got ruined on our walk, and we couldn't wear them. They were old, and it was kind of the last thread that popped, so to speak."

Well.. that was true. And it seemed to give the greeter something to think about. She rose her brow and she watched as the woman took the two teens in. The girls was too small for her clothes, and she wore no shoes and her feet were swollen. He looked much more put together, though his shoes were missing he certainly seemed as though he probably actually owned clothing. Probably another pair of shoes if he got them home.

Oh you're blind.

NO SHIT LADY!!

Berlin rolled her eyes. She REALLY hadn't meant to.. but did that ACTUALLY make a difference. Oh you poor boy you're blind and don't have shoes. The pity is strong with this one!

"Well, not like I wanted to play the blind card. But, so long as we aren't bothered."

"You know.. that's SO lame. I mean really. What the HELL does not having shoes and being blind have to do with one other. She totally was all like; oh you poor miserable non sighted boy without shoes. Your feet probably hurt and you can't even SEE THEM. You may enter!"

Berlin sighed, getting all her little pent up sudden anger out.

"Sorry, it's just annoying and I'm not even the one that's blind. But I guess it's like the whole being homeless thing and I just .. guess I figured you should get more respect."

SHOES!!!

"Ok... choose. Make sure they fit, and are comfortable. And don't look at the price. Just make sure you like them, and they fit right."

"Ohhh right. SHOES!"

She let go of his hand after she showed him where the little seat was. She looked through the shoes. She wanted some tennis shoes because they would support her feet, though there were lots of cute shoes she wanted something sensible.

WHAT?! PINK AND BLACK!!

She picked a box, .... too big! Another... too small... finding one inbetween one and two, she put them on and they fit really well.

"Wow... they fit.. Red they fit!" she gasped as she got up. "Ooo they're squishy on the inside.. it's like walking on pillows! Wow... I didn't think they could put a cloud, in a shoe but they can! They really can!"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 9, 2009 21:44:12 GMT -6 »

Apparently, it would definitely not be the last time they would be sharing a connection at the lips. That made him very happy. The little interaction with the greeter allowed Berlin to vent how angry she was with the obvious stupidity of people. Connor nodded. "Don't feel sorry about it. Honestly, I don't get it. I don't pity myself, but it seems that if their not being cruel, then they are making me out like I'm an invalid."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You don't do that. And I appreciate it."

Honestly, her rant in his defense was refreshing. He loved that. She is going to keep my life interesting for as long as she is a part of it. He smiled at that inner thought. He also smiled outwardly at her excitement of finding shoes that to her felt extremely comfortable. He stood and hugged her. He couldn't help it. He was drawn to her.

"I could live off the smile and excitement in your voice." He kissed her cheek, and took her hand. They headed to the guy section, and it wasn't long before Connor had a brand new pair of sneakers. Plain black from his understanding. He lived simply after all.

They paid and left, hand in hand and walking on pillows as she put it. They weren't necessarily heading anywhere specific, though they were heading in the general direction toward Connor's dorm. Connor was praying the night wouldn't end after this. He was hoping to spend more time with her. Perhaps having her spend the night? He blushed hard at that thought.

He was hoping she wouldn't notice, but she had. Connor, being the honest individual he was, couldn't help but tell her. "Well, I was really hoping that the night didn't have to end right away. And, if you wanted to, you could... you know... stay the night."

By now, she would probably know his intentions were pure, and he really did just want to be around her. He had already showed her he didn't want to take advantage of her on their first meeting. That, and he had been embarrassed when he had gotten aroused when she had sat on his lap. He only hoped that she really did know that much about him by now, and that she would say she'd stay with him.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 21:41:54 GMT -6 »

Huggie time!

Connor rose from his seat and moved over to her with little problem. Probably because she was still making the oo's and ahhh's noises about her amazing shoes. Squish squish squish. But not in a bad way! No no it was a good squish! The squish of comfort!

Tiny pillows of comfort.

I could live off the smile and excitement in your voice."

Is it pink?
Is it rose?
Is it red?
Is it brick?
Is it crimison?

IT'S CRIMISON!!!!

Her face flushed a deep color as he hugged her and whispered those words to her. Her arms wrapped back around him as she hugged him back burrying her warm face in his neck. It felt nice to actually have someone who not only wanted to be around her, but that seemed to just want to hold her and be as close to her. As much as she wanted to be close to him.

They paid for the shoes. Which probably could have fed Berlin for a month off of that alone. HEY!! She ate cheaply. Less than a dollar a day can keep the tummy grumbles away! She beamed at him even though he could not see her. They stopped at the door and she put on her shoes while he put on his shoes. And look it... PINK SOCKS!

Yes, they were pink.

Hand in hand they headed out of the store, she was carrying the walmart bag in her free hand incase he might need to use his cane with his free hand. Though she was his cane tonight. BERLIN CANE!! Beware of imitators! They walked, and she glanced up after they had crossed the street to the other side only to see a blush on his face when a car drove by and lit it up.

"What's with the blush Red?"

That only made him blush more.

"Well, I was really hoping that the night didn't have to end right away. And, if you wanted to, you could... you know... stay the night."

She paused. And she blushed even deeper than before. She was most certain there was not a crayon yet developed for the color of her face. It was between crimison and maroon. She was quiet for a few moments as they walked on, and she was sure if she let it go on any longer he would start back tracking like he always did. Something she didn't want him to do.

"You got a tshirt, a toothbrush, and some cuddles and i"m game!"

Berlin beamed as she bounced up and pecked him on the cheek. He seemed elated and she was happy too. She hated sleeping alone, she was always cold and could never seem to get quite warm enough. Still though, they were quiet, as they walked back to his dorm. The bag swung to and fro in her hand. She really needed a job so that she could buy some real clothes. Walmart seemed cheap enough, she wondered if they would higher her. Maybe she could get a discount.

YAY DISCOUNT!!

When they entered his place she put the bag neatly on a table inside the room, and she then put his glasses and gloves down on the table beside the chair. She moved to his bed and gently sat down on it.

"Uhhh so did you wanna do something before this whole going to bed thing happened?"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 22:05:41 GMT -6 »

There was a pause, and Connor's ridiculous self-doubt began to surface. Maybe he had pushed to far? Too clingy? First date, and wanting her to spend the night. Stay with him, someone she barely knew. Heck, he barely knew her. Maybe he was moving to fast...

But, before he even could think about backtracking and shutting down any thought of him being confident, she spoke and accepted so long as he had three essentials. She finished the thought with a quick peck to his cheek. His face reflected the happy shock he was experiencing. He nodded, unable to speak at the moment. They were at his place in little time.

He unlocked the door, and they entered. It was dark, and as Connor had little need for light, he didn't flip the switch on right away. Actually, he didn't hit it at all. Thankfully, there was light form the windows, and if she really needed the light, chances are she would turn them on. But, oft light from the windows, dark room, enjoyable night = romantic atmosphere! Yay!

Connor went over Berlin's checklist in his head. Extra tshirt? Check. Extra toothbrush? Check. Cuddles?

Triple check!!!

Though, now that they were back at his place, he was unsure what would happen. He wasn't exactly tired, and this being his first date, he didn't know what...

"Uhhh so did you wanna do something before this whole going to bed thing happened?"

Connor turned to face her. He heard her sit on the bed. He would have answered, but his mind drifted to her undressing the day before, and many a question/fantasy played about his head. Hey, he was still a guy. Just, not one to act upon every hormone driven thought. He still had them, though.

"Um... well... I didn't exactly plan anything. I don't have much in the way of entertainment." He indicated the room. No TV, no DVD collection. There was one thing he had, which was the very extensive music collection, and stereo. It hit him then. He smiled, and headed right to that area. He ran his hand over the cds, counting them. He stopped at one, and popped it in the player.

A slow song filled with music and lyrics of love began to play, and Connor, though blushing, waled over to his girlfriend. That thought alone was enough to keep him smiling. He took her hand, and gently pulled her to him. He put one arm on her back, the other hand at her waist.

Keep in mind, Connor had never danced before. Not ever. But, given that music was something he loved, he had a great sense of rhythm. He began to sway with her, slowly to the music. He kissed her cheek softly, and held her close. He didn't say a word. Sometimes, actions speak loudly enough.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 22:33:59 GMT -6 »

Cue Jeapordy theme!

Berlin waited, it seemed that he wasn't sure what they should do. He seemed to stop and think, and she smiled watching him and how cute he was being right now. She watched that pensive look coming over his face and she wanted to....

GLOMP HIM!!

He looked over in the direction she was sitting. Berlin leaned down and she untied her favorite shoes. Her ONLY shoes. She tucked them gently to the side and out of the way. Placing her new favorite socks in her new favorite shoes. And pulling her legs up on the bed with her.

"Um... well... I didn't exactly plan anything. I don't have much in the way of entertainment."

"Oh? Well huh.. uhhh .. well I'd say we can read but I can't.. as we both know. But we can just go to bed I mean it's cool! We can be old foggies. I won't hold it against you old man."

She giggled.

He moved across the room and her eyes watched him. His hand ran over a massive collection of CDs. He pulled one out and put it in the player. He had a lot of nice things in here. She didn't really know one stereo from another, so she wasn't the kind of thing that she had any experience with. He put on the music, and it was slow. But pretty.

"That's nice music, what is it?"

He came to her, and took her hand. Lifting her up off the bed she found herself against him. With a blush on her face. His arms came around her and her arms moved around his neck. Her eyes closed gently and they began to dance with one another. She could hear his breathing, and she could feel his heartbeat against her chest. Her own was beating so quickly. Her arms, were back now that her hair was dry, if he was to brush his fingers against it. He kissed her cheek, as the mood changed from her normal happy go lucky one, to something that was utterly romantic.

Her hand stroked over the back of his neck. Her fingers in his hair, moving through it, ruffling it up. Her eyes were closed as she let him lead them in this simple and sweet dance. His breathing seemed so loud in her ear, and seemed to quicken a bit. Their cheeks were side by side, laying softly against one another, and she felt his hand on her back, over the shirt and yet at the same time she wanted it under the shirt.

She pulled back slightly, and she touched his cheek. Their eyes opening to see one another, even though he could not see her, she knew that he understood she wanted to see his eyes. But her eyes closed gently and she softly brought her lips to his. The kiss was different than the one in the fountains. This was not their first, nor their second. But it was the kiss, that seemed to have something in it. Her heart flamed up into a wild frenzy, and her lips, were moving passionatly against his and yet it was so soft.. so gentle, loving almost.

So this was what it was like...
...to be cared for.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 22:49:34 GMT -6 »

Connor lead, and thankfully there wasn't and difficult choreography. It was just a simple slow dance, one you might see kids at a school dance doing. Nothing complex, but could hold deep meaning. He was lost in this moment, and wanted anything for it to last. He could feel her heart against his chest, and his closely matched. His breathing and heartbeat quickened, at the feel of her hands through his hair and on the back of his neck.

His neck, especially where here fingers touched, was more sensitive than a good portion of his body. His cheeks blushed, and other 'indications' proved that he didn't want her to stop. She pulled back a little, their eyes meeting. He understood what she wanted, as far as his eyes went, and he catered to that want. But, it didn't stop there. No, she moved in, and he was happy to let the gap between them close.

Though they had shared two meaningful kisses already, this one was something more. It held deeper meaning, and as he returned it, he felt the connection. There was much affection, caring, and want for one another. She wasn't the only one who wanted his hand under her shirt, though he wasn't brave enough just yet to do it on his own. Everything about his body language showed he wanted her, though. Whether just kissing like this, or more. But, in that sense, she would probably have to lead, just as he did for the dance.

At least, for now.

Connor didn't know when it happened, but somehow they were on his bead, laying next to each other, still holding tight, still attached at the lips. How long had they been kissing? Had they lost track of time? More importantly... who cares? He was wrapped up in her, and he loved it. The kiss broke, and Connor was blushing and smiling.

"Well... we could do more of that before going to bed." He was grinning, and though still nervous, he wasn't backtracking nor moving away. No, he wanted to be as close as possible... as close as she would let him, or want him to be. So far, Connor had one thought that was going to get him by for days to come.

Best... night... ever!

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 13, 2009 21:13:54 GMT -6 »

He seemed to not mind the kissing at all. And his arms held her small body closer to him. They kissed, it wasn't too passionate but it seemed to be getting even more so every time they kissed. She moaned softly as she walked them over to the bed, and they climbed up on it before laying down. She was leading this time. And it was something that she knew. Something that she was good at. Probably her only real talent at the moment.

This felt so good.

She felt like she was going to lose control.

And yet at the same time, this was all different. Because this time she really wanted it. It wasn't to stay warm. It wasn't to be held at night. It wasn't just because she was lonely. It was because she enjoyed being around him so much. They lay down on the bed. He was on top of her, and his hands and arms were around her. In her hair. And enjoying this time together with each other.

When it broke.

She could only smile, as she looked up in the darkness to his eyes.

"Well... we could do more of that before going to bed."

She chuckled softly in the dark room.

For a while, they did continue. Her lips and his moving over his and his moving over her own. They moved from french kissing and back to normal kissing. She kissed down his neck, and there was something nice about running his fingers through her soft hair. She loved being close to him. This felt like she finally had a place to belong, and it felt like she finally had someone that would believe in her and be around her because of who she was now.

Not because of pity.

A long time passed, but she knew it was time to decide if they were going to go further. To be honest she didn't want to go further, not yet. She wanted to take it as slow with Connor as she could. Not only because he wasn't used to it but because he was someone she wanted not to rush things with. So she broke the kiss, and she panted heavily.

"We had better get ready for bed, or we'll do this right through the night, before one of both of us passes out. And frankly, I don't want to get a head butt from you when you tucker out."

Berlin laughed.

They got up and he gave her a shirt that she could sleep in. Using the restroom she brushed her teeth with the handy spare brush, and decided to put it in his brush cup with a nick in the neck of it so he would know which one was hers. So next time she came over she could brush her teeth again.

When she was done she came back to the bed and she sat down waiting for him to get ready wearing her panties and his shirt, her hair all down around her shoulders.

"I wish we were roomates! We could have a slumber party every night! How fun would that be?!"

When he was close she lay down on the bed and when he came over to her and she snuggled up into his arms. Her eyes closed gently and she snuggled right there against his chest, most content with who she was with. And happy to just be here.

"Goodnight, Red."