Author Topic: Food and Entertainment (Conner/Open) (Read 237 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Food and Entertainment (Conner/Open)
« Jul 1, 2009 8:44:34 GMT -6 »

The two friends stood in front of the restaurant for a bit before making their way inside. Jesse's Bar and Grille, home of San Diego's best American food. All American, burgers, fries, onion rings, ketchup, and yes, they even had a meatloaf wrapped in bacon slathered in macaroni and cheese. This entire place was a heart-attack on a plate.

Roth lead his friend Conner into the place as he took a moment to reel in the atmosphere. It was large and dark. The lights were dimmed, every window was shut and covered, and the bar to the left was veiled by cigar smoke. The no smoking rule wasn't heavily enforced here.

The tall Irishman in his long matted trench coat looked around for a table. He found a goo one, right next to the entertainment that Roth worked for. There was a small ring a little ways away from the tables and bar where local fighters would duke it out in various forms of competition. It was a side-job for the people who worked for SDCFL. It was right next to their arena and when they needed a quick fight for a quick buck they came here.

"If were lucky maybe we can fight together again."

He smiled a bit and then helped seat conner down near the ring so he could figure out what the two current fighters were doing. Their waitress came up ready for their order. Roth would let Conner go first.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 6, 2009 19:57:11 GMT -6 »

Connor could tell what kind of place or at the very least what kind of food it served. He could smell the grease. Burgers. Connor did enjoy a good burger, and this place would definitely have them. He didn't look big, but Connor could eat. Thankfully, he had the metabolism of an overactive ferret, so he didn't retain a lot of weight.

Roth found them a table, and his comment brought a smile and a nod out of Connor. "I just hope the opponent proves to be harder. That wasn't a very entertaining match." The waitress arrived, and Connor ordered himself a bacon cheeseburger with extra cheese, a side of cheese fries, and a glass of cheese (well, not really. He ordered a cherry coke. But, I was on a roll!)

Once Roth ordered his, Connor tried hard to listen and understand what they were seated near. He wasn't familiar, and for this, he would have to rely on Roth's eyes.

"So, what kind of place is this? I can tell it's not your regular burger joint, but I can't exactly put my finger on why." He grinned. "Sometimes, eyes would be nice." He shrugged. "So, describe it to me. You brought us here specifically for a reason. Don't keep me in suspense." His tone was good matured as always, but also mixing in curiosity.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2009 10:23:03 GMT -6 »

The waitress finished Conner's order of a cheese overload and then turned to Roth. With little thought Roth just told her the usual. He almost lived here for every meal, and with work around the Conner there wasn't much hassle to get here either. A lot of these people knew Roth because of what he ate, and what he did.

Roth listened to his friend as he asked about why they were here and where the really were. Well, he was right. This wasn't your regular burger joint. Although it's food was better than a regular burger joint...exept maybe White Castle.

"Well, although it's mainly a restaurant, it also where a lot of sanctioned fights take place. All types of'em. Anything from unscripted wrestling, MMA, Cage, really any type of physical contact you can think of....yes, even that."

A laughted echo through is voice at the end of his deception. Occasional they did offer 'sexual services', but that depended on their resources at the time. The Irishman continued to explain what this was all about.

"I come here cause I'm a part of it. I fight for this company here and I have a bout scheduled in about an hour. Problem is I need a partner, someone I could trust. So if your up to a challenge and good pay, maybe coincidence and fate have thrown me out a window for something good."

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 9, 2009 20:56:19 GMT -6 »

Roth explained, and Connor did what he did best. Listen. Connor could be considered very sage like at times, as it was his inner strength and wisdom that made him who he was. He did make a surprised face at the mention of other 'activities' that went on here. Connor was not exactly the type to be into that type of entertainment, but he knew it was out there.

Apparently, Roth was a paid fighter, and his next fight was coming up. He seemed like he wanted a partner, and Connor happened to be in the right place at the right time... namely on the ground when Roth came out the window. Now, the thought of a good fight was something that always perked Connor's interest. Not only that, but the possibility of getting paid for it? Well...

The food arrived, and Connor didn't speak at first. His face was thoughtful as he took a few bites of his burger. He finished, washed it down, and grinned.

His shades reflected Roth's face, but the look on Connor's showed his pleasure in the offer. "Roth, you promise me that this will be a challenge, and I promise you you'll have a partner." He grinned again as another fry was popped into his mouth.

"Just let me know when we start."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 9, 2009 21:04:34 GMT -6 »

The dim lighten atmosphere surrounded the two new friends sharing their late lunch. The waitress had come over and placed a steaming hot plate of a small meatloaf wrapped in bacon, and slathered with macaroni and cheese. Although it was his usual, Roth's metabolism and rough work week kept the fat out of his system.

Roth watched with an intriguing look in his eye as Conner chewed his the first few bites of burger before responding. The wrestler leaned forward awaiting a reply, he was a little too anxious. A air of triumph swept over Conner as he replied in a witty and confident way. Roth loved it.

With a loud hearty laugh Roth reached his arm around and patted Conner on his right shoulder. He liked nothing better than this moment. A good time with a friend soon to be followed by a great way to burn off this meal. Roth took a few quick bites and almost swallowed them while. He was too exited to chew.

"Well we got about a half hour to get out there. So finish up and have a good time, eh!"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 18, 2009 23:45:47 GMT -6 »

Roth was happy, and so Connor couldn't help but be infected by his good mood. Connor himself had been feeling good about this. Thirty minutes was more than enough time to finished his meal, and fight without having his stomach feeling too full. He was in a bit of disbelief at Roth's choice of food. Connor could practically tasted the grease in the aroma of his lunch. Though Connor's burger wasn't exactly healthy, he still couldn't fathom how someone's heart would still function after eating such a thing.

But, he didn't let that spoil the mood, nor his appetite. The two enjoyed a bit of conversation, mostly about various forms of fighting. Though, Connor didn't let on just yet how he fought without sight. That would be saved for after the match they had coming up. Connor was intrigued by Roth's ability, and his inspiration for his style. Brutal, but effective.

Soon, though, Connor heard the sound of a microphone or some form of announcement about to begin. Roth's name was called, and something about a partner fight was mentioned. Connor could hear the other patrons, many familiar with Connor's new friend, and from the murmur, it seemed they were curious who Roth picked to help him out, or if he decided to go this match alone.

Connor grinned. "Ready when you are."

OOC: So sorry for the delay. I am still working on not being away so often. But, the wife needs my help. :P

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 22, 2009 21:26:39 GMT -6 »

(ooc: No problem at all! I've been a little slacking as of late too. Vacation week and all that good stuff.)

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We are proud to announce that tonights event is about to begin."

The crowded reatraunt and bar began to cheer. Regulars and newcomers alike were awaiting the last match before tomorrows main event. Ground Zero.

"Tonight Roth O'Roak and the partner of his choice will face the team of Little Eddie and Big Dan Ugly!"

The ring in the center of Jesse's Bar and Grille held two figures in the ring. Little Eddie was a large portly Hawaiian man. He was shirtless and wearing rights covering his large stomach from his belly button, down. Big Dan Ugly was a different story. He stood at 5 foot 4 inches and had almost no muscle to him. Complete opposites with names that made no sense. The crowd loved it though.

Roth finished up his large meal. He looked at Conner as he said he was ready. This was going to be lots of fun. Roth stood up from his chair and called over the waitress. She whispered something into her ear as she then walked away toward the ring.

"Alright man. Follow me and we'll get started. And remember, this is ain't fake so don't hold back."

Roth would lead Conner to the back of the ring in a shadowy part of the restaurant. Eddie and Dan finished their taunts and getting booed at, so it was their turn. The Boston native took a moment of struggle taking of his shirt and leaving his ling Trench Coat on. The announcer made he way back to speaking.

"And their opponents, the team of the Blind and Bruised, Conner Dwyre, and Roth O'Roak!"

Loud music began to play from the stereo system.The waitress from before winked at the two as they made their way out. Roth had told her Conner's name and what he wanted them known as, and she natural told the announcer. Roth looked down to Conner and rubbed his shoulder a bit roughly and made his way out into the ring.

Roth ran out and stood atop on of the ring posts. His tall body now stood and extra few feet taller and hoped Conner would have a great entrance as well. Roth thrashed his head and long hair to the music. About half a minute into it Roth mimicked the song and yelled out to the crowd.

"I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND!"