Author Topic: lost and found... (open) (Read 335 times)
valgios

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 1, 2009 20:25:04 GMT -6 »

And there he was again, a new school. Another new beginning and more people to befriend, hate, or aid. Valgios was a slightly different person now, he was more open yet, the encounter in the rooftop of his last school and his previous school being bombed, made him a little more careful when approaching someone. And it was a bit evident at times.

The halls of the school were really noisy but there was a sense of peace in the air that was so much different from his past school. It really looked like it was a much more comfortable place to be than Paragon or Hircine ever were. "It seems that there is some type of order here. I just hope for this school to be a peaceful one, not totally, but indeed more than his old schools. If it is I think I will like it here." Valgios said quietly to himself as he entered the school.

He walked down the crowded hallways, looking at his papers. He was going to the office where he should pick up his locker numbers, possibly a map, schedules and all the necessities. It was a bit stressful, it was a really big school, and he didn’t know where this office was. And he didn’t want to ask for help, because he didn’t want to ask to the wrong person.

he was wandering about how his sister would be in this moment when he saw the time, the classes were just about to start and he haven’t found the office yet. It wouldn’t be nice to being on detention or something like that on his first day for being late to classes. And he didn’t even knew where his classroom was. So Valgios decided, he better ask someone for directions or he could be in trouble, he would have to take the risk of asking the wrong person, but it was his only chance now. As he looked to the hallway, Valgios realized that most of the people that were crowding the hallways just minutes ago, had disappeared. So he decided to ask the first one that was passing near him.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 2, 2009 7:26:32 GMT -6 »

Bow chicka bow wow.. bow wow

.. a little to the left....

... a little to the right..

... some one Fremont lets fight fight fight...

NO.

We all know what you're thinking, considering the randomness that is going through Berlin's mind. But one would be most mistaken to think that the girl was a cheerleader. However, she had spent this morning on the bleachers studying her little readers that the tutor had given her to help her read. And the chant somehow got stuck in her head. Which really sucked because it was VERY annoying. Thus Berlin swore to herself that she fully intended NEVER to attend a football game.. or any game for that matter where the cheerleaders might be.

Just ew.

Berlin was blond... but she wasn't dumb.. oh wait..

Lets try that again.

Berlin was blond .. but she wasn't ditzy.

There we go!

Her blond curls spilled over her shoulders, the uniform that Jinn had helped her get on her first day fit her small body nicely. And now that she was eating a bit more not being homeless anymore, she was filling out into curves she had only dreamed of having. Her sparkling blue eyes looked around at everything, especially the clock.

She was gonna be late!

Two minutes til class, and it had to be at least a five minute walk since it included stairs. Now, if she ran she would make it, but then.. did she want to run?

Hell yes she did! She didn't want to get pummeled by a teacher.

Turning the corner she was about to break into a run when she saw someone standing in the middle of the empty hall looking as lost as she had been on her very own first day. Which was only about three or so days ago. Not much.. not much at all. But still, Berlin figured.. that maybe.. just maybe he could be a possible friend. Or maybe. He would try and beat her up. It was a iffy situation here.

So.. she figured she would do a drive by.

I mean walk by! Yeah.. that's what she meant.

Hoisting her bag over her shoulder more securely Berlin headed down the hall at a leisurely pace as though the bell were NOT about to ring and claim her late for class. She began to walk by to see if he would stop her and ask for help. Walking past.. two steps just past him, she stopped. Whirled around. And looked at him.

"Uhhhh you need help?"

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 2, 2009 20:48:10 GMT -6 »

Maria couldn't help it. She had to giggle. She was standing practically around the corner of the hallway where that girl with blond hair was asking the guy if he needed help. Judging by the bewildered expression on his face, he did need help.

It was so ironic she couldn't stand it. Maria had just met that girl a little while ago on her very first day. Not that it mattered much, but still, it was very interesting to watch.

Maria still had no idea if her cat bell was even allowed, and frankly she no longer cared, but it might get her caught if it keep tinkling like that. Frowning, Maria held the bell tightly in one hand, thinking she must look pretty stupid holding it at her throat, but she wanted to see what the blond girl would do.

valgios

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 3, 2009 6:51:24 GMT -6 »

“Uhhhh you need help?”

Valgios heard someone speaking behind him and when he turned to see who was the one speaking to him. He saw this blonde girl who was staring him, her sparkling blue eyes were showing a little bit of insecurity.

Then he realized that it was the same as him, she surely saw him with a lost face, and wanted to help but she probably was a little afraid of approaching because she didn’t know if Valgios was a good guy or probably just a bastard.

But she did approached to him, that would mean that she is a nice person and that was remarkable, not to mention that the classes were just about to start, if she helped him, she would be late to. And possibly it could be his first friend in this school too.

“yes, I’m kinda lost, do you know where do I have to go to get my schedule and possibly a map of this place?” – and offered a smile to the nice blonde that was trying to help him.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 3, 2009 8:27:52 GMT -6 »

Okay so NOW was D time.

For those that don't know, that's Decision Time.

He had to decide what he wanted to do. And then she had yet to see if he was a nice guy or if he was going to make fun of her. Luckily, so far today, nothing said HOMELESS about her. She was wearing the same uniform as everyone else. Her curls were placed properly, luckily with them, she just was able to wash and go, she didn't have to worry about drying them or anything, so they would be dry and ready to go in the morning when she got up. It was handy, when you didn't have a hair dryer or anything around.

Berlin sucked her lower lip. Into her mouth and bit into it gently. A bit of her nerves showing.

“yes, I’m kinda lost, do you know where do I have to go to get my schedule and possibly a map of this place?”

PHEW!!!

That went better than she expected.

He was nice!

That made two nice guys and one nice girl she had met since she had started here. Maybe Jinn's perception of the joint wasn't as bad as she originally thought. Maybe.. maybe he was just that negative and only saw the bad parts. One might think even she would be negative being homeless since she was nine. But Berlin was ever the optimist, she didn't let life get her down or she wouldn't have survived as long as she had to begin with. Thus, she let herself look for the good in things.

That didn't mean that she didn't have her ruts. Oh she did!

They were just rare.

"The office!?"

YES!!!! A place she actually knew!

Bonus for Berlin.

"Yeah! I know where it is! I was just there a few days ago myself. I'm new too."

Berlin beamed, as she linked her arm with the new kid. She used to push people away, but she found that when she did she didn't have anyone close at all. So instead of doing so, she tried to make connections any time she could. Unless of course the boy tensed in dislike or distaste she would turn them around from the direction he was coming from and heading back that way.

"I'm Berlin. What's your name?" she asked the boy linked arm in arm with her. Sparkling sapphire eyes looking up at him.

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 3, 2009 10:03:51 GMT -6 »

Maria grinned. It had turned out exactly as she thought it would. They were headed to the office. She wondered if the blond girl and the guy would be friends? She sincerely hoped so. Maria didn't quite understand it herself, but she had grown quite attached to the girl. It's just too bad she didn't know her name.

Maria was dazing out, thinking of how much she wished she had a good friend to rely on. The blond girl seemed to have a lot of them. Even if they were ones made on the spot.

She leaned against the wall with a sigh and absentmindedly played with her cat bell. It certainly would be interesting to see what would happen to her if she was late for class. In fact, she wasn't sure if she was late yet at all. Did the bell ring? She looked around. Yes, it must have, the halls were bare except for the three late wanderers. Only one problem, Maria didn't know where her English class was.

valgios

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 4, 2009 18:14:14 GMT -6 »

OOC: sorry for the lateness of my reply but my academic issues have me with a little of free time... ^^

“I'm Berlin. What's your name?”

The girl was now linked arm in arm with Valgios, and her sparkling sapphire eyes were looking up at him, they were just beautiful, and all the insecurity that she had just moments ago had already gone, he liked her new security, and the way she was linked to his arm was soft and nice.

“Mmm… Berlin, nice name.” he was now looking back at those sparkling blue eyes. He smiled.

“I’m Valgios, pleased to meet you Berlin.”

Valgios, was really pleased with the situation, apparently he had made his first friend in the school.

“So… where shall we go now?” he asked with a smile in the face.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 6, 2009 20:49:30 GMT -6 »

“Mmm… Berlin, nice name.”

Oh... nice name?

Oh heck yes it was.. nice name in freakin' deed!

Most people thought that her name was weird. To be named after a city especially when she wasn't even German. Worst part was her brother's name was Calgary. Which she had to admit had to be one hundred times worse than Berlin. At least Berlin was half way normal where as his was just.. well.. wrong. Which was why he had always gone by Cal. That was until he disappeared, now she didn't even know if he was alive at all.

"Thank you!"

“I’m Valgios, pleased to meet you Berlin.”

That sounded decidingly spanish. At least to her ears, though she could be wrong, she had spent 90% of her life homeless. So she could most certainly be completely mistaken all together.

"Is that spanish? Does it mean something?"

Berlin was curious about the world around her. Though with her lack of book intellect it was hard for her to learn from things like that. Instead, she was forced to learn from things like people. Not that she minded exactly, it was just that, it was her only avenue at the moment while she continued to try to learn how to read.

Hey! I feel you judging!!

Give a girl a break! >>

“So… where shall we go now?”

"The office silly!"

Berlin beamed at him again. He didn't seem to mind that her arm was locked with his and so they walked just like this. Berlin was already in her little world of happiness. Humming a soft song under her breath as they walked.

"OH!"

Berlin looked back at the boy.

"Where are you from? Is this your first time at school ever? Or just a new one?"

valgios

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 8, 2009 19:10:09 GMT -6 »

“So… where shall we go now?” he asked with a smile in the face.

"The office silly!"

Valgios noticed that the girl was humming a soft song under her breath as they were walking to the office. He was paying attention to the song Berlin was singing, he liked the song, it was beautiful but suddenly the song was interrupted by her singer.

"OH!"

And then Valgios suddenly returned to the school, his mind crashed into reality after he was flying in the sky concentrated only in the song.

"Where are you from? Is this your first time at school ever? Or just a new one?"

The curiosity of the girl was incredible, she asked him as if they had been friend for a long time. He really liked that, it made him more comfortable when talking to the girl that way. As if they had known each other for along time already.

“I’m from Italy, Rome to be more specific” he answered to Berlin.

He didn’t knew if the bell had rang already, but he didn’t care anymore if he was late for classes, he was much pleased with this situation and his new and first friend in this place.

“And, no this isn’t my first school I’m a transfer from Hircine high. But I wasn’t there much time too. Since I arrived here to the United States it seems that I can’t be in a school for too long, let’s hope that changes here”

He wasn’t going to tell him why, as she had told him before she was new here too. So probably she didn’t know about the reputation of his past schools. And he didn’t want to screw up his new friendship telling her that his past schools were one of the most violent in the country.

Suddenly he turned to Berlin, with a smile in his face and looking directly to the sparkling blue eyes of the girl he spoke again.

“And you? now you'll have to answer the same questions. Where are you from? Is this your first time at school ever? Or just a new one?"

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 15, 2009 21:12:51 GMT -6 »

((Sorry, I was waiting for Maria, but after this many days, I figure I can give it a shot.))

“I’m from Italy, Rome to be more specific”

Wooooow!

That had to be the coolest thing she had heard yet.

She beamed at him.

"Rome?! That's so neat! Do you have pictures!? I'd love to see it but I'll never get to go. It would be so neat though. I bet it was really pretty there. not like the city here, which is well.. uhhh crummy."

Berlin shrugged.

Still though, she had to admit that it was fun to talk to someone. She really wanted a friend, she loved being around people. Most found out that she was homeless, or at least that all she had was a small dorm room and nothing else. She wore the same clothes. Stole soap. And ate when she could get her hands on something.

It was not a life most could lead. But she worked it.

“And, no this isn’t my first school I’m a transfer from Hircine high. But I wasn’t there much time too. Since I arrived here to the United States it seems that I can’t be in a school for too long, let’s hope that changes here”

"Where was Hircine at? Is that another school in the city?"

She wished that she could enjoy more schools than this one. Not only that, but she also wished that she could have more friends. Enjoy more people, that they wouldn't judge her so harshly just because she was homeless and poor. But she didn't judge them like they judged her. It was funny when you were on the recieving end how much your eyes could be opened.

He turned to her before she could ask what changes he wanted at this school.

“And you? now you'll have to answer the same questions. Where are you from? Is this your first time at school ever? Or just a new one?"

"Uhmmm to be honest? It's my first. I never attended school before. I kinda.. didn't really have a home til like a week ago.. but that's the dorm. Anyway!"

NO need to dwell on the past.

"So yep. First school. It's not too bad though, it's just.. strange.. being in school. I"m not so good at it. But I'm trying. But it's cool! I'm trying to meet friends though! And maybe you can be one!"

She beamed.

"Hey so uhh what grade are you in?" she asked. "Oh oh! What kinds of stuff do you do outside of school, that's WAY more important."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 16, 2009 3:00:41 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Sorry, things have been hectic. I've had a tough time to get online.)

Maria had to admit, this was getting interesting. They had started walking down the halls towards her. She wasn't quite sure if she wanted to be caught eaves dropping or not. A few moments later she decided it didn't matter.

Maria looked around again and realized how empty the halls felt. It's almost as if the life has been sucked right out of it. she thought morbidly. Shrugging to herlself Maria went to pick up the books she had left by her feet. She needed to get to class and the only way to find it is to look for it.

Just as the young girl reached for her last book, she slipped.
Of all the things to do at a time like this...

valgios

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 20, 2009 18:09:36 GMT -6 »

"So yep. First school. It's not too bad though, it's just.. strange.. being in school. I"m not so good at it. But I'm trying. But it's cool! I'm trying to meet friends though! And maybe you can be one!"

Jackpot!!! She really wanted to be her friend, that was really cool, Valgios now had made his first friend in this new school. He was just going to say that he will love to be her friend when she beamed again.

"Hey so uhh what grade are you in?" she asked. "Oh oh! What kinds of stuff do you do outside of school, that's WAY more important."

She was really an interesting person, her curiosity was amazing, -this will be a really interesting relationship, it seems that I’ll never get bored with this girl- Valgios thought

“I’m a Junior” He said

And before she could say anything, he continued.

“If you want I can help you to study, since you said you weren’t to good in school. Ok, I’m not a genius boy or something like that but I have good grades. So what was next, oh right, I forgot to say that I’d love being your friend Berlin and that takes me to your other question” Valgios thought for a moment before answering “well, I really enjoy a good conversation like the one we are having right now, I love reading big books, I like to play videogames, in rome I was in the swimming team in my school so you might say that I also enjoy swimming, I also like to write sometimes, and of course I really like to hung out with my friends, and being this a new city for me, you will be the first person to come into my mind when I think about going out, since you are my first friend here.” Valgios said to Berlin.

He thought that he had been talking for hours, and really didn’t wanted to annoy her new friend with that. So he thought that he had to make her speak too.

“then it’s your turn Berlin, so, mmm. Where do I start, oh, yes. What grade are you in?, what do you like to do in your free time? And of course you never answered to me where are you fr…”

Valgios stopped talking as he was seeing another girl right in front of them, she was taking her books, but just a second later she slipped. Valgios then suddenly left Berlin’s side and approached the girl who has just fallen into the floor.

“Are you ok?” Valgios said to the girl.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 21, 2009 21:55:03 GMT -6 »

“I’m a Junior”

So he was older than her.

By at least two years.

Not that, it was a bad thing. Older wasn't always worse, it could be better. Though while Berlin seemed as though she was always hyper and happy, she had matured a lot in her life. Because of her situation she still had child like wonder when she wanted to but usually it was a front for the fact that she had been made to grow up at a much younger age than people even could imagine. Not to mention that the worst part of it was, that she had seen things that people as old as she was now and older had never expierenced outside of a movie theatre.

"Neat! I'm a freshman. That's not so bad though, two years apart."

Berlin smiled and gave him a quick nudge to his side.

“If you want I can help you to study, since you said you weren’t to good in school. Ok, I’m not a genius boy or something like that but I have good grades. So what was next, oh right, I forgot to say that I’d love being your friend Berlin and that takes me to your other question”

Her eyes widened and lightened.

"Really!? You'd help me?! Really really?! I'd love that. I have a lot of problems though and you might find out that I'm not quite cut out for high school. But I'm sure if you were helping me I could get caught up in no time."

She could only beam at him. He was the first one that had ever told her that he would be willing to help her out. She had a hard time reading as it was, and she couldn't help but enjoy the fact that someone would take the time to sit her down and help her catch up. She couldn't help but blush as their eyes met.

"I'd.. umm.. like that.. a lot. Thank you Val."

Instant nickname. That was totally her style.

“well, I really enjoy a good conversation like the one we are having right now, I love reading big books,

"Books?! I would love books, I like the ones that I can read which... sadly.. aren't much. But .. if you help me I can read more. What's your favorite book about?"

I like to play videogames, in rome I was in the swimming team in my school so you might say that I also enjoy swimming,

"You were on the swim team? Neat! I loooove swimming. I was thinking about joining the team here if they had one. What about you, are you going to join?"

I also like to write sometimes, and of course I really like to hung out with my friends, and being this a new city for me, you will be the first person to come into my mind when I think about going out, since you are my first friend here.

"You're my second friend but that makes you no less important!"

Berlin beamed at him. She liked being around him, already she was growing comfortable but there wasn't much that made her uncomfortable. She looked over at him and then straight forward again as they continued heading to the main office.

“then it’s your turn Berlin, so, mmm. Where do I start, oh, yes. What grade are you in?, what do you like to do in your free time? And of course you never answered to me where are you fr…”

"Free time? Hmmm I love to explore and to run. I like to swim, and I like to eat when I can, there aren't many times but sometimes! Sometimes I can!"

She beamed at him.

Then he went on to start asking her where she was from it was the only sentence that she could imagine it would finish with. But it was more that they were interupted before he could get the whole thing out. She heard a thump and she and Val turned to the side suddenly together to see just what was going on. A girl had fallen. Val left Berlin standing there, and Berlin wasn't one to be waiting behind she was quickly on his tail.

"Hey! I know you!"

Berlin looked down at the girl on the floor.

"I remember you from the office. Nice to see you again. You alright?"

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 22, 2009 17:08:02 GMT -6 »

Maria looked up them and blushed. Damn it... caught already.
"Yea, I'm alright." she said as she gathered her books up. Her English book got away from her and in her haste to grab it the other books fell out of her grasp. As she gathered them up she smiled at the girl.

"Yea, long time no see I guess. I'm sorry, my name is Maria, not really sure if we have ever been properly introduced." She looked at one of her notebooks, it was completely wrecked.

"I'm probably going to get scolded for this again." she laughed.

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2009 14:20:20 GMT -6 by snowbunny1999 » Back to Top  
valgios

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

lost and found... (open)
« Jul 27, 2009 21:04:32 GMT -6 »

OOC: sorry for the lateness but tha activities in my academy doesn't leave me too much time... ^^

"Yea, I'm alright." Said the girl as she was gathering her books again. Valgios could feel that she was a little nervous about the situation, but why? That was something Valgios wanted to discover, he didn’t know why but the situation caused him curiosity. It was because of him and Berlin? Was the girl ashamed that they saw her falling? Valgios drifted in his thoughts until the girl spoke again.

"Yea, long time no see I guess. I'm sorry, my name is Maria, not really sure if we have ever been properly introduced." Maria, interesting, she probably wasn’t a native of the United States too just as him, that just based in the thing that she was called Maria, and it sounded more like a latin name, Valgios could have been wrong, but that wasn’t something too relevant either. Then he started analyzing Maria’s behavior. There were both of them there but the new girl was just paying attention to Berlin. And obviously she was speaking to her. Apparently they had already met before but they haven’t been introduced yet. And just before he started drifting again in his thoghts Maria spoke again.

"I'm probably going to get scolded for this again."
And she laughed. Why? Thought Valgios, until he saw that one of her books was completely wrecked.

“mmm… interesting…” Valgios said to himself, and there he was again, with his old obsession of wanting to analize people’s behavior, being raised by her mother and she being a psychiatrist, Valgios developed a little interest in her mothers work, taking him to read a lot about psicology.

“well lets see how this continues.” He said to himself.

“Well, hello Maria, I really hope that you aren’t hurt. I’m Valgios, I’d introduce Berlin to you but I can see that you already know each other. so Berlin was leading me to the office, as it’s my first day here.” And he smiled to her.

And before she could say anything he started again

“where were you heading? To class? we could accompany you to your classroom if you want? Or you can aconpany us, since we are all already late for class.” And just after saying all that he gave a smile to both Berlin and Maria.