Author Topic: Minuet (Open) (Read 412 times)
snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 6, 2009 9:20:14 GMT -6 »

Maria looked down at her small golden bell and smiled. She never went anywhere without it. It was funny, she was sure it was against the rules, but no one has mentioned it yet. Shrugging she put the bell on her cat collar. She wondered why she hardly ever got into trouble. A teacher lectured her once or twice, but she's never been beaten like other students she has seen.

The young girl with the bell sighed. She was thinking about a weird dream she had the other night. It certainly made her paranoid. For some reason she had a dream about the school, a boy was hitting on her. It creeped her out for the very reason that she was sure that dreams usually came true. Now every time some guy talked to her she was nervous.

"Why do I get myself into these things?" Maria wondered. She grabbed the flute from the music stand and started to play. Her teacher looked at her, but said nothing. The song was standard procedure.

The rest of the class had to play one song from the book as well, Maria had chosen to do "Minuet", a song that looked pretty complicated at first glance, but was actually pretty simple. Maria's fingers played the notes with ease. After a few moments Maria closed her eyes, it was easier to play that way, she had the notes memorized.

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 20:16:56 GMT -6 by snowbunny1999 » Back to Top  
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 6, 2009 17:51:52 GMT -6 »

'Okay. first day at his school...I already hate it.' Damianthought ase walked the halls of Fremont in his red t and blue jeans. Putting a hand through his short hair he wondered one thing..."WHERE THE HELL AM I?" He asked aloud. 'Knew I should've scoped this place before coming here.' Damian knew what his alter ego would say and he was right. that was sloppy of Damian but--

A noise then cut Damia from his thoughts. It was a melody, a enthralling one at that. 'This must be the music hall.' Damian thought as he followed the sound. He was led by the sound to a class room and saw students performing, but one seemed to catch his eyes, mostly becuase she wore a cat bell...
"Hmm..." He said.

Next thing to happen the door flung open and a teacher pulled him in by his collar, and halted the class. "Ladies and gentleman we have a guest, someone new to our class more than likely." She said with a snide smile. "Say hello class."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 16, 2009 2:48:25 GMT -6 »

Maria heard and saw everything, but while the class went quiet and looked at what appeared to be the new kid, Maria didn't. Normally she would have said hello, but she was playing. When she started a song, Maria had to finish it. If she didn't... well, no one knew what would happen if she didn't because she never stopped in the middle of a piece of music. Ever.

Her cat bell tinkled as she moved her fingers expertly across the flute, her eyes closed in a soft expression. She let her mind be filled with nothing but the music. Soon she heard nothing else but the song she was playing. She saw nothing but pure darkness. The song ended all too soon. She slowly opened her eyes and gave a soft smile at her flute.

Hearing a cough, Maria looked up and realized the teacher was glaring at her.

"Maria," the woman said to her,"Would you be so kind as to say hello to our new student?" This was obviously an attempt to embarrass her. As if she would allow that!

"Hello." Maria said nonchalantly to the nervous looking boy,"My name is Maria, welcome to John C. Fremont."

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 20:18:21 GMT -6 by snowbunny1999 » Back to Top  
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 19, 2009 12:44:24 GMT -6 »

"Uh...Hello..." Damian replied as he looked around. "...This isn't where I parked my car," He said trying to relieve some stress by joking. "Well since we got the intro's out of the way I should get o- -" Damian tried to make for the door out but lo and behold right infront of him was the teacher.
"No please stay, you're already here and you did forget your uniform that is in need of some correcting."

Damian looked at his clothing and then at everyone else"...Oh..."
"Since you're new and probably I won't see you again after this how about we see if you can play something for us?" The teacher asked, but really saying, "I'll teach you for interrupting my class."
"Umm...Actually Ms..." When Damian tried to rebut he was met with a pattented teacher glare which really for some it means no escape, 'Walk out, you've no time for this.' Is what the side of him that SIN would've done but that would attract unneeded attention. He relented and looked around the room. 'What am I doing?!' Damian yelled at himself as he looked for an intrument that he thought he could play.

"We're waiting sir." The teacher said. After a few minutes Damian came back with an avcoustic guitar and took a seat. "Listen up people this should be good." The teacher said.

Damian took a few minutes because he was still shocked at how stupid he was being, and then he started playing the guitar. The music he was playing was of latin origin and sounded pleasing, at least to him anyway. There were a few notes he missed but he continued playing until the song was over.

After finishing his piece he got up from the seat and bowed slightly. "That meet your standards Ms.?" Damian asked with a smirk.

(OOC: This is for reference.)

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 19, 2009 18:43:34 GMT -6 »

Maria giggled, smiling to herself. Here at least was a boy with class. The teacher looked at her and Maria gave her one of her rare smiles.

"Mind if I try?." Inside Maria was laughing. She really wanted to do this. Sighing she picked up her flute and began to play the same song the boy played, missing only two notes. It sounded barely better then him. Smiling she closed her eyes and played. She had memorized this song a few weeks before. Surprisingly it was one she had played for fun.

She soon finished the song, opened her eyes and put down the flute. "How was that?"
She asked the boy, giving her most sincere apology smile. Obviously he was good, and they had similar music tastes. She wondered what else they had in common.

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2009 11:42:03 GMT -6 by snowbunny1999 » Back to Top  
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 19, 2009 20:33:02 GMT -6 »

Damian stood there struck by the girl. 'I think I'm in love... He said to himself as he watched her play the music without even noticing the grinding teeth of the teacher who from the looks of it was ready to attack.

When she finished Damian was a little upset he wanted her to continue and couldn't stop himself from clapping adequately with a coy smile on his face. "That was fantastic Ms. Just one question do you rent or own?"

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 20, 2009 11:38:37 GMT -6 »

"Wow, he sure is something..." Maria was thinking as she finished.

"That was fantastic Ms. Just one question do you rent or own?"

Maria was caught off-guard. Looking down at her flute she blushed. "I own. What about you? Do you play often?"

She couldn't help but study his face and noticed his smile. It seemed odd to her that fate declared they meet in Music class of all places.

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2009 11:40:29 GMT -6 by snowbunny1999 » Back to Top  
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 20, 2009 22:23:25 GMT -6 »

"not really often, but it's one of my interest." Damian replied, "but the question I was asking was about those wings behind your back, you angel." Damian had a smirk which showed a sly twinkle in his eyes.
"Alright rock starr-" the teacher began to cut in but was interrupted herself by the bell signaling the end of class,
"Sorry Ms. Have to raincheck." Damian said smirking then looking at the girl and held out his arm, "Shall we?" Damian asked with his still showing smirk.

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 22, 2009 17:01:29 GMT -6 »

Wings?... Angel?... Maria blushed and looked down at her flute. When she looked back, he was smirking at her. Smiling she accepted his hand and stood up.

"Thank you." She whispered to him as she packed her flute and gathered her books. She walked out the door and stood, not sure where to go. Even after several days in the school, she still had a terrible time finding her way around. "Um..." She chewed her lower lip, "Where to?"

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 23, 2009 14:45:48 GMT -6 »

"Well that's easy...I just wish I knew what it was." Damian said rubbing the back of his head with his free hand. "What class do you have next anyway. I could walk you to it or just get out of here all together." Damian said in a smooth voice.

'Don't be stupid you need to stay and find out more about this place, you can't go off running with girls.' His Alter ego said to him, 'Well if I look at it this way it would be a good cover so people wouldn't suspect a kid with a girl of being what I am.' Damian said trying to reason with himself. "So...Where to pretty lady?"

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 28, 2009 14:05:15 GMT -6 »

Maria looked at him with wide eyes. Although she loved mischief, she had never skipped before. Soon, her wide eyed look of innocence turned to humor.

"I could use a break from this mess." She told him casually. She paused. Did he call her pretty lady? Shrugging she figured either she misheard, or he was joking around. Nobody had ever called her 'pretty lady' before. "So where shall we go?"

She calmly placed her flute easily in it's case, all the while her heart thumping fiercely. What is wrong with me? I don't even know this guy, but I'm as nervous as a freaking butterfly!

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 28, 2009 17:21:53 GMT -6 »

"Well," Damian said, "It just so happens that I know this nice little joint not too long away from here. Could be nice to check out with someone such as yourself. If you would do me the honor of accepting of course." Damian said putting on a sly voice and trying a smooth smile, 'Hope that works.' He thought to himself.

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 30, 2009 10:36:39 GMT -6 »

Maria couldn't take her eyes off of him. All she knew was that there was something different about him, but she couldn't pinpoint it.

"Sure, what kind of place is it?" she asked him, unnerved by his comments. What is wrong with me? she wondered, I've hung out with boys before, why am I so nervous? She started to take off her cat collar and put it around her wrist, as she did so, her bell began to tinkle. She gently removed the little bell and began playing with it, giving the appearance of a girl lost in thought.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 30, 2009 15:22:00 GMT -6 »

"Well it's kind of a burger place, you're not a vegitarian are you?" Damian asked as he opened the door for her out and followed and entering the parking lot where an aged gran torino sat with a cover of black paint.

"If so I'm sure we can find somewhere else. I don't want to force you to eat what you don't feel right about."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Jul 31, 2009 13:16:48 GMT -6 »

She snorted. A vegetarian? She was all but that. Rolling her eyes she glanced at her new friend. That's when she realized, she didn't even know his name.

"My name is Maria by the way, you? And no, I'm not a vegetarian."
She told him. Inside she was mentally scolding herself for running off with some random boy. What is wrong with me? she wondered, running off with a boy whose name I don't even know! Father would be furious if he knew. But he's not here, she reminded herself not for the first time, he's dead and he's going to stay dead.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Aug 7, 2009 18:32:59 GMT -6 »

'I'm not a man of faith but thank you god for blessing me with this.' Damian thought to himself as she introduced herself and told him that she was not a vegitarian, "Well Ms. Maria, My name's Damian, Damian Cross." He told her holding his arm out to shake her hand.

"And hopefully the burger place is to your liking."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Aug 16, 2009 15:47:05 GMT -6 »

Maria looked away. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry or blush. She thought it would be stupid of her to cry over something that happened years ago, so she looked back at Damian hoping there was no hint of tears on her face.

"I'm sure it will be." She said with an attempt at a smile. See? She told herself, I now know him; officially anyways...
"How old are you exactly? I don't think I knew. Is this you're first day here? By the way, it"s just Maria, no Ms. involved." Lame attempt at a joke, she knew, but she had to try something.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Aug 18, 2009 13:59:58 GMT -6 »

Getting in the car and turning it on Damian addressed each question that came, "Well Maria, if you really want to know I'm 17 and no this isn't my first day I roam around lost everyday just not into the music department before." Damian chuckled to himself over his own joke.

"Yes it's my first day and if all girls look like you I think this school will become one of my most liked places."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Aug 19, 2009 10:48:53 GMT -6 »

Maria smiled shyly and brushed her hair out of her face. When she did her bell made that tinkling sound she loved. She opened the passenger side of the door and got inside. The car was roomy and actually pretty nice.

"So how far away is this place of yours? And no, I don't think the other girls look like me at all," she laughed easily, "I'm one of a kind." She didn't add that she thought they were prettier then her. "A lot of them are toughies though, so you might have a hard time." She smiled at him. It seemed to be getting easier to talk to him despite the butterflies that threatened her poor stomach.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Aug 29, 2009 16:03:58 GMT -6 »

Damian smirked a bit, this girl was opening up, 'This could be useful for later.' He thought to himself as he turned the ignition and replied "It's like a block or two. It's some mom and pop place; the owners are nice people from what I've seen so far." Damian added.

"So, is there anything that can be said about you?"

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Aug 31, 2009 13:01:31 GMT -6 »

"I'm not sure I think I know what you mean." Maria said, not meeting his eyes. Why can't I look him in the eyes? Maria asked herself, he's just like any normal boy. Isn't he?

"What's this place called?" she asked him. Her bell tinkled as she fastened her seatbelt. The seats were actually soft. She closed her eyes and sat back in her seat, trying to soothe her stomach. She hoped she wouldn't throw up while she ate. Maybe it would actually help her stomach to eat something. She had missed breakfast that morning.

She opened her eyes abruptly and looked over at him. "I just realized, I left my purse in my dorm." She felt awful for coming all this way only having to turn back. What if he decided against going?

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Sept 11, 2009 16:19:23 GMT -6 »

"You're purse?" Damian asked with a smirk, "Who says you'll need it?" He added. Turning off the parking lot and driving down. "This is my treat and if you got anything to say about it say it now because if not I might ignore it." He was smiling as he said this He couldn't help it really.
"For now the sky's the limit...And the sky reaches about to twenty."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Sept 15, 2009 16:17:45 GMT -6 »

"Oh." Maria sat back in her seat. 'Oh' was about all she could say as she tried desperately not to blush. Too late, she was sure he noticed. She remembered his little comment about the sky and fell into a helpless giggle. Then she caught herself.

What is the matter with me?

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Sept 18, 2009 19:21:44 GMT -6 »

Damian drove a few blocks from the school and turned on the radio. He didn't go to a station but turned on hs cassette player, it's a gran torino its way too old for cds. The music that played was a torch song which was back in the thirties. Damian looked at her briefly and smiled looking at her blush and hearing her giggle. "Seems like this is going better than could be hoped for huh?"

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Minuet (Open)
« Sept 24, 2009 13:31:00 GMT -6 »

((OOC)) I haven't seen any other posts where the characters go off campus. I'm not sure it's allowed lols... think we should continue? If not we can have our characters somehow turn back and head back to campus or maybe we can start a new thread or post that says '3 Days Later' or something silly like that. Think that would work?