Author Topic: Walking the Dog (open) (Read 330 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
« Jul 7, 2009 11:25:17 GMT -6 »

The bright sun warms everything it touches on this beautiful Saturday afternoon. The full green trees out stretch over the entire Chula Vista park as a young tall figure in his signature black matted trench coat walks down the park with his best friend by his side.

Roth looked up to the sky and then back down at Carlos. Carlos was his dog, a young Boston Terrier pup that was rescued and given to Roth by his old boating instructor Old Johnny. He may have been an old drunk now, but he was one of the best people Roth had ever known. Straight forward, and no bullshit.

Roth was simply out to get outtta the Collective. He had to work later on in the day, so he might as well enjoy what he could of this gorgeous day. The small dog had what seemed to be a happy expression on his face as he too enjoyed the sun and the day. They both needed a good walking every now and then. With a quick stop Roth bought a small bottle of water and poured in next to Carlos's mouth for him to drink.

The small dog slurped the falling water, cooling his hot body down. A smile appeared over Roth's face as he took his bottle back and took a nice long swig. The glare of the sun hit the bottle as he finished it up and wiped the small bead of water trickling down from his lips.

Now, the thing that made male Boston Terriers great was that they never barked. Ever. Roth had heard Carlos bark only once in his life, and that was at a cocky man that took passage on his boat earlier that summer.

"Ruff! Ruff! Grrrrr, Ruff!"

Roth spat out a small bit of water as he heard the noise coming from the young pup. His arm jerked, and then stood still as Carlos ran off escaping Roth's grasp. It wasn't that Roth wasn't strong, it was just surprising.

"Hey! ...Hey! Get back here ya mutt!"

Roth bolted off after the lightning fast dog. They were both as fast as each other, and Carlos had a head start. A small black and white dog ran off with a short trail of dark green leash, followed by a large wrestling man with a matted black trench coat flowing in the speedy wind. God only knew what that dog was chasing after, but whatever it was, Carlos was determined to get at it.

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2009 20:39:58 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
« Jul 27, 2009 21:26:27 GMT -6 »

[/color]

Looking to my side I noticed a small dog. I had to admit it was pretty damn cute, then again it almost made me face plant on the concrete.

"Where's your master? I'd like to have a word with him."

Of course I knew the dog couldn't truly respond, it was a rhectorical question. Meanwhile my red eyes would stare down at the pup as I fixed my ponytail. I'm sure the master wasn't too far behind.[/ul][/font]

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
    « Jul 27, 2009 22:55:26 GMT -6 »

[/b]

The words has escaped quietly from Ryorin's mouth as all of a sudden the blonde jogging no more than one hundred feet ahead of her fell. Now that wasn't something you saw everyday. Here Ryorin was, dressed in a white silky shirt and sleek, black pants, enjoying the day when a blonde girl suddenly fell. Fortunately, she was agile and graceful enough to catch herself. Ryorin would've hated for something to happen so suddenly like that.

The question was why did she fall? Surely with the agility and reflexes she showed it couldn't have been a loss of balance and there weren't any holes to get stuck and trip. Ryorin almost summed it up as a freakish accident until she saw something darting along the ground, coming to a stop at the girl's side. Chances are that was what caused her to trip, as the blonde was looking at the dog. Was the dog hers? Not likely...Ryorin hadn't seen it beside her beforehand, so it was a stray or just a dog who wanted to have some fun. If it was, it's master was probably not far behind.

Ryorin casually headed over to the two, keeping her eyes out a bit just incase another dog wanted to fly by and rushed into her tennis shoes and caused her to fall.

"That's a cute dog...wonder where he came from."

She said to the blonde and the dog. As if on cue, the master would be coming right behind...if there was any master at all.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2009 22:56:41 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
      Andy Daws
      Mentor
      Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
      « Jul 28, 2009 17:34:51 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Master Roth A. O'Roak...gotta love the way that sounds)

A bead of sweat jumped from the forehead of the Boston native as he chased for his dog. The little thing was fast and packed with energy, unfortunately that energy had only been useful once so far. That dog loved to bite when Roth gave him the okay, especially Chinese gang members.

He watched as the green leash of Carlos caught a nice looking blond girl and brought her straight to the ground. The she was followed by another girl. A Chinese women that Roth had met once before in the school. First meeting was because of a cat, now the second by dog.

The large Irish blooded man rushed over to the two girls with the dog now sitting down with them in a calm manner. Carlos was seriously the most fucked up dog Roth had ever met. He suddenly stopped as he approached the two girls, his long black coat trailing behind. It sort of made him look insane, with the summer weather and all.

"Sorry about that ladies. Everyone all right?

A strong hand came to the back of his head and began to rub it. His long black hair that stopped at his neck was slowly being bunched up and down. Roth gave a small whip of his head aimed at the dog. Knowing what he had done Carlos walked over and sat directly next to Roth. His tongue poured from his mouth as he sat there breathing a bit heavy with a stupid smile on his face. Roth bent his knees all the way down and began to pat his dog on the head with a smile.

"Hes reckless, but lovable. So you mind if I ask your names?"

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
      « Jul 28, 2009 18:11:43 GMT -6 »

OOC: Just for clarification. I didn't exactly hit the ground. I prevented myself from a face plant. lol XD

[/color]

Upon hearing a female's voice I turned to the direction of the voice, taking a glance at the young female up and down. I almost asked her if the pup belonged to her, but she had already implied that it didn't. From the corner of my eye I caught sight of a rather large individual hurrying our way, and making a small judgment call I could only assume he was the owner. Though my right brow perked slightly at the fact that he was wearing a long black coat in this kind of weather. I'm all about fashion now, so I have no idea what he was going for let alone even thinking. Which brings me back to the female. A white silky shirt? White yes. Silk, no- not in this heat. I wouldn't even dare do that. And black sleek pants? I feel myself slowly having this urge to grab them both and buy them new outfits.

Flicking a few locs of my ponytail that fell upon my shoulder back, I simply watched as the pup came over to his master sitting idle next to him know as he bent down to pet the little monster. Hearing his question instantly caused a chuckle from my closed lips. Boys can be funny in the ways they try to get a girls name. Sometimes they use their adoreable little sibilings or some cute animal to draw the females in and then the rest is history. Speaking towards him I'd keep my playful nature, as the natural sultry tone I had escaped my lips.

"There's no denying that... But as for the name business, that pup isn't going to earn it for you... You boys make me laugh when you use that tactic."

At that moment all I could do was smirk as my speech was done.[/ul][/font]

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
        « Jul 28, 2009 18:33:06 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Well, even though Ryorin was playing along, it really was the truth of the matter.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2009 18:38:04 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
          Andy Daws
          Mentor
          Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
          « Jul 28, 2009 20:21:58 GMT -6 »

Roth's face became shaded for a moment as a small thin little white cloud grazed it's body over the sun. It made the large bent over student look up. He listened as the two girls shot back at him with quick witted comments. Roth wasn't the best ladies man, and they were right, his dog had caused them problems, and yet he was the one asking all the questions.

"Your right one that one. I'm Roth. Roth O'Roak. And this little mutt is Carlos."

The large Irishman starred at the two. The small Chinese woman looked annoyed, and the blond in red kept starring at his clothes. His loose dark blue jeans were a bit stained with his own blood, and just overall dirty. His shirt was a bit loose sporting the SDCFL logo. He was a walking billboard for his place of occupation.

"So what else will it take to get some names, eh?"

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
          « Jul 31, 2009 10:54:06 GMT -6 »

OOC: Sorry didn't realize it was my turn. XD

[/color]

My red eyes would look at her from my peripherals before returning to Roth.

"I can't seem to resist the urge to revamp you somehow... I know it sounds random, but blood stains and this dingy look really isn't helping you."[/ul][/font]

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
            « Jul 31, 2009 12:33:12 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Before Ryorin could give her name, which she was going to, although only her first name, the girl spoke up, talking about how he could use a makeover. If Ryorin had to guess, it was the blood stains along with the slightly dirty loof. Her guess was right with Sable's second statement She crossed her arms as she spoke.

"You could say that, but if he likes the way he dresses, than he does."

Ryorin didn't really care and the look just seemed natural to her, probably because she had been with Cain for so long beforehand before she moved to the San Diego area. When she first met Cain, he was living in a 'World War 2 Destruction Site' or however way that he put it, and even though he tried to look as good as he could, that look reflected off of him a bit, but Ryorin never really seemed to care. Even after Cain landed his job with Carlos that made thousands of dollars and started living better Ryorin didn't feel any different. Guess love did that to you.

"I'm Ryorin, by the way."

A quick name, the least she could offer.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 12:33:35 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
              Andy Daws
              Mentor
              Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
              « Jul 31, 2009 18:22:24 GMT -6 »

Roth stared blankly at the blond haired women. A..a..makeover. Roth jumped back and stared at his current clothes. The shirt was only a few months old, but was fading. His pants had gone out a window with him causing a few small rips and blood stains. Then there was the coat. It had a long burn on it;s left side, small botch blood and other stains, and matted at the bottom with a slight fade of Grey.

Roth looked for at Ryorin for a moment. It was obviously a Chinese name. It suit her well. Luckily she didn't care as much about his clothes as the red eyed nameless girl.

"Alright. You can 'revamp me' once you tell me your name. After that I'm your fashion victim."

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
              « Aug 1, 2009 11:34:28 GMT -6 »

[/color]

Turning my attention back on Roth, I cocked my head to the side just a little taking another look over him.

"You know you're not bad looking, just your outer presentation isn't doing you any justice... I promise to give you my name, once you let me clean you up a little. I never go back on my word.. ever"[/ul][/font]

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
                « Aug 1, 2009 14:58:38 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She felt as though the girl was insulting Cain, even though the blonde didn't even knoiw him or where Ryorin's opinion came from. Still she couldn't help but feel that way.

"Either way, I've learned to look deeper inside when meeting people. You never know what you might find."

The back and forth battle for the name kept on going and Ryorin spoke up once again, the last time she would speak up if she had to.

"All this for a name? Man, things are getting ridiculous these days. Just say a name and get it over with so he can at least call you by something, otherwise, he's going to have to make up a name, right, blondie?"

She said, refering to Sable, giving her an example of what might happen if Sable didn't give a name. Most girls these days seemed to like to play games with names, thinking names were important, items that had to be 'unlocked', in a way. Things certainly were getting crazy these days.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Aug 1, 2009 15:00:25 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
                  Andy Daws
                  Mentor
                  Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
                  « Aug 2, 2009 17:37:37 GMT -6 »

A small smile came over his face as the two girls began to argue over the matter at hand. It didn't really matter to Roth. Hell, at this point the name didn't matter. All he cared about was making some friends in this dump. And he could use some new threads.

"Well Shu, I do have to agree with 'blondie' on that. Appearance does make quite a bit of difference. But it all depends on placement. Out in the open I look grungy, but at work this is what gets me my fans."

Roth's line of work wasn't a secret. He kept it out in the open and nobody ever really seemed to care much. He did it for the training, experience, and money. He still had quite a bit to earn if he wanted to get over to the O'Hare school next year.

"So. I'll get the makeover, do whatever you want and I'll get the name when it's done."

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Walking the Dog (open)
                  « Aug 12, 2009 7:52:54 GMT -6 »

[/i] to walk away... Only a child, or rather someone of immaturity would truly use that 'blondie' comment as some form of an insult.... Excuse me if I find it hard to believe any guy would truly would be your lover, you seem to be so serious and boring.."[/color]

Opening my eyes slightly I would gaze nonchalantly towards her from the corners, before stepping up to Roth and focusing my attention on him, since he had agreed and all.

"Aside from all that, if you really are coming along then follow me Roth... Maybe I could get Carlos here some pampering of his own.. Or you could choose to stay here, either way my dear I'll be heading off."

Giving him a little warm smile, my hands were at my sides again as I walked passed him. Anything Shu had to say would fall on deaf ears, Roth's voice would be the only sound from that direction that would enter my ears if he so chose to speak. Either way regardless, I was going to end up leaving the park with or without Roth.[/ul][/font]