Author Topic: Is That a Question? (Tiao Lei Shen) (Read 354 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Is That a Question? (Tiao Lei Shen)
« Jul 7, 2009 22:45:17 GMT -6 »

The roar of the engine echoed through out the nighttime bay. A medium sized yacht rolled through the ever moving tide back to the docks after a long day out at sea. Every now and then the large Irishman would take out his boat for a fishing trip, diving charter, ferrying beach-goers around, but today was just a day by himself.

The sun had set beautifully today and Roth got to see it in relaxation with himself and his dog, Carlos. Roth enjoyed the nights off of work and out of the Collective where he could relax with a cold drink and the company of some who couldn't speak, hell male Boston Terriers never even barked. Roth loved him for that.

The moon now filled the dark sky with not a cloud in sight. Roth pulled up to his space at the docks of Chula Vista, he was too poor to buy his own spot, hell the boat was a gift. Roth just made sure that the gang who ran this place never got wind of it. Unfortunately the new news was that the old gang was pushed out and a new caretaker had stepped in. But Roth never thought to hard on those types of matters.

As the approached the docks Roth killed the engine and floated into his space, with a quick jump Roth tied up the boat and took a nice long look at it. She was a beauty alright, been with Roth a good year or so. A few whispers and other noises aroused Roth's ears as he looked around nervously. With a full turn of his body Roth saw six men seem to appear out of the darkness. He didn't like this at all.

Without a single warning the first of the gang rushed out Roth and struck hard with a left kick to his side. Roth didn't have much for seeing anything come at him, he just rolled at what came his way. As the mans leg contacted with Roth's ribs he latched his right arm onto the leg and dropped to one knee. With a simple jerk turn of his large Irish body Roth threw the attacker into the water surrounding the dock.

With his back turned and himself on one knee two other now attacked him with kicks and punches to his back. They were fairly weak, but fast. With a standing motion Roth stepped his legs back and swung his torso around taking out the one to his left with a left hook, and the other with a quick thrust of his elbow into his neck. Roth implanted his left foot into the groin of the one he had punched. A simple hook wouldn't have kept him down.

"So what the hell this all about, eh?"

Roth cracked his knuckles on each hand as he he readied himself for the next attack as a few more members of their gang showed up. Roth could count about nine in total. Roth looked up as they started to interogate him.

"So, that your boat there?"

With a smirk and a look that said 'fuck you' Roth starred back at the one who said it.

"Is that a question, or you just figure that out?"

Without thought or reason Roth charged into the man who said it tackleing him to the ground. Roth could feel punches and kicks coming from all sides now and Roth lay on top of the man. Roth smashe dhis fist into the mans face breaking his nose to keep him down for now. Roth grabbed one of the legs that was kicking his right side and shot his body up grabbing the rest of the person and using him as a battering ram to knock two more of the attackers into the water, along with the one with his hand.

A few quick shot hir Roth square in the face causing a slight dazed. Roth ducked after what seemed to be five hits and picked up the man into a firemans carry and dropped him forward into Roth's knee that shot up into his face. A move known simply as the GTS.

Roth took anothe rlook around to see the amount of gang member seem to triple. Roth stood his ground and awaited the next assault.

« Last Edit: Jul 7, 2009 22:53:02 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 7, 2009 23:38:30 GMT -6 »

Docks were always a common site for organized crime activity. Freight ships were always a good source for transporting things. In fact, boat had become the safest way to avoid notice, thanks to the decade's continual grow of border and air security. For the past two months, one of Dragon Dyanasty's main goals was to gain control of the ships' flow. It hadn't been too difficult to take over from a local gang, nor did it take long opposed to the currently on going battle with some Yakuza in San Diego.

Still, despite Tiao's gained control, the fighting wasn't over. Once again unlike San Diego, Tiao emphasized the necessity to stay away from firearms in the Collective's area. It made for a more prolonged war, despite its lack of severity, but it would prevent any major notice from the school, which was essential. Tonight an important shipment of counterfeit plates were arriving. They were to be delivered to finish a very important deal and therefore required Tiao's personal attention.

"Unloading is almost done, Tiger."

Tiao Lei Shen leaned against the safety bars on the boats edge, arms hanging lazily over on his elbows. Rolling his head to the right he took a look over to the man at his side. He was the son of a Triad member just like Tiao, though he was a few years his senior. He was one of three members along for the delivery tonight, and the only one Tiao knew personally. Tiao grimaced as the cigarrette smoke came out with the spoken words.

"Hurry up, then." Tiao spoke, reaching out with his right hand and snatching the cigarrette and tossing it to the ocean.

"Smoke within a mile of me again, and I'll put it out on your face."

Before more could be said, Tiao's attention was sapped down below. There was sudden shouting, getting both of them to gaze down. Nodding to his subordinate, he and the other two rushed down. By the time Tiao would casually walk down to the docks, the three of the well trained gang members would easily beat the rest of the thugs attacking Roth, clubbing them accordingly from behind. They paused and parted as Tiao came through, however, stepping over the bodies of the fallen as he approached Roth.

"You don't look like you're with them. Why are you on my docks?"

(OOC: Began to fall apart towards the end, since my spacebar decided to fall off.)

« Last Edit: Jul 7, 2009 23:39:15 GMT -6 by Tiao Lei Shen » Back to Top  

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 9:46:09 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Fall off..how does that even happen?)

The half full moon began to win as a few strands of light gray clouds intercepted it's pattern of light. Roth looked up to the sky for a quick second before returning to the battlefield. He always used the weather sort of as a guideline for what to do next. It wasn't always accurate, but it was smarter than anything Roth could have come up with.

The tall white fighter in his long matted trench coat readied himself for the next wave of attackers. Before he knew what was happening three smaller fighters with some sort of weaponry came to his aid taking down all the other gang members with swift precision. Roth watched as his opponents went from massive, to what could be zero, or at least five.

One man, a little taller than the rest came from the docks as each of the new attackers let him pass, almost as if they were some sort of soldiers. This Asian young man seemed to have a sort of presence, it definitely made Roth weary. The Asian man questioned Roth immediately about "his docks". The number of gangs in this area was getting to a point where you could pay everybody and still find a way to end up six feet under.

"Your docks, eh? This place changes ownership so much I don't know who owns it anymore."

With a quick stretch of his neck Roth cracked each side followed by his knuckles, it wasn't to start a challenge, but it could seem that way. He just always stiffened up after a fight. Roth took a nice long look at the Chinese gang leader in front of him. He could definitely fight, hell he could even beat Roth if he could find a way, especially with his lackeys near by.

"Well I guess if these are your docks you'll be need something for my keeping it here. Unless you'll be beat outta here like every other gang. Hell the Yakuza are even loosing their influence here."

With a simple smile and a stare into his new acquaintance eyes Roth challenged his ability. Why bother putting up with one gang when another would take it's place in a week. At least back in Boston they were the Irish mob, and that was it. A few gangs here and there, but they at least knew they're place.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 8, 2009 16:43:30 GMT -6 »

(OOC: It takes skill.)

"Well now you do."

Tiao Lei Shen was short and to the point. His eyes gazed over the dog, quickly shifting to the boat and back to the man in front of him. He was larger than Tiao, but then, most men were. The boy cracked his joints, bringing Tiao to flex his fingers and bringing his hands to crack instinctively. Despite being turned businessman, he was still an animal at his roots. It wouldn't take much to set him off.

"And who do you think they're losing it to?" Tiao Lei Shen snickered, retaining the neutral agitated glare as the other three contrasted the remark with chuckles and cocky grins.

"I'm not interested in your scraps. Park Tugboat Willy somewhere else before my patience runs out and I sink the piece of trash."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 9, 2009 9:30:20 GMT -6 »

The shining moon was soon dulled by another passing cloud. The wrestling Irishman looked on at the leader of who apparently were driving out what was the most prominent form of mafia around Southern California. Roth looked at each person slowly, the three from before, a shady figure towards the back, and then back to the annoyed Chinese man in front of him. He didn't really seem much older then Roth either.

"Tug boat? This thing here is only about two years old and can definitely haul some ass."

Roth always took offense when his boat came into question, it was all he had for company around these parts. Well, that and the dog. They both came in the same package. Slowly but surley Roth began to walk over to his new 'friend' with a serious face and tone.

"So, what'll it take to keep it here? It doesn't take up much room, hell I'll take ya for a ride if ya want. I'm Roth by the way."

There was a tone of laughter, seriousness, and anger all rolled into one in his tone. His hand was put out in front of him wondering if such a 'business man' like him would take the introduction. Nobody had manners in this god forsaken place. Roth awaited a reply and stood there until he got one. There wasn't a chance in hell that boat was going anywhere.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 10, 2009 19:17:41 GMT -6 »

"I don't plan on repeating myself." Keeping Roth in his peripheals, Tiao Lei Shen turned his head to his right, looking at the Dynasty member nearest to him.

"Cut the rope."

The member nodded back to Tiao, pulling a knife out of his pocket and walking around Tiao. The Tiger of Hircine didn't expect Roth, who thoughtfully introduced himself, to let it go free, though it would be stupid for him to attack a man with a knife. He was good enough to take out a few thugs it seemed, but Dragon Dynasty weren't thugs. Regardless, Tiao waited to see the man's reaction, be it physical or verbal, and prepared to shut him down yet again.

Tiao didn't have the time nor patience for Roth, and had no intention of renting out his space. It was private property now, and it was going to stay that way.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 9:31:33 GMT -6 »

Roth was now only a few feet from his new enemy. Roth eyed him in a serious way after he told one of his men to cut the rope. There were three ropes to the boat since one would just have flop around on the docks making dents scratches, and other bang ups. Three ropes gave Roth more time. For once Roth thought about and made a quick decision. He was still looking at the Chinese guy ready to do whatever he pleased to anyones property. He didn't like that so much, you give someone some power and they become king.

"Well I was hoping we could stay on good terms, but if you want to be stubborn."

With out warning and a quick sprint Roth charged over to the man with the knife. He had already made it to the first rope. He knew this guy would be a lot tougher then the first and decided that he would need some help for this. Not because he couldn't do it, but because he would need his energy if their leader wanted to get serious.

"Carlos, sick'em!"

That was the only command that he knew. The pup was energetic and couldn't even sit. But the one thing all his pent up energy could do was attack. The small Boston Terrier leaped down from the bow of the boat and onto the man below. Carlos jumped on his shoulder and began to bite hard on his neck. The dog would chew onto the neck increasing the pain, he was teething after all.

The man with the dog on his neck flailed around a bit as he dropped the knife. Roth was still charging at him and with one solid movement Roth shot a powerful upward side kick to his chin. The man fell over and into the water clinging to the side of the docks. Carlos jumped over and stayed at Roth's side. Roth used two more powerful kicks on the mans head until he fell completely into the harbor water. Roth turned around with his dog by his side and awaited to see what would come next.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 13:07:39 GMT -6 »

There was a reason Tiao always remained aware of his environment. He had seen the dog earlier, and while not big, knew it could be proved as a distraction. Though his men were required to be great in their own rights, they still had some lessons that would need to be learned the hard way. The first member wasn't quite as aware as the Tiger of Hircine, and would end up paying for it.

He dropped the knife at the sudden pain in his neck, but it wouldn't come without repercussions. Grabbing the dog around the neck with both hands he'd chuck it with all his might into the water below, tearing some of the flesh out of his own neck in the process. The dog still served its purpose though, leaving him open for Roth's onslaught and following the pup into the water.

"Go fetch him, make sure he doesn't drown."

"Sir."

The two men nodded and walked around the dock as they began to retrieve him. This left Tiao and Roth alone upon the deck, exactly the way he prefferred it. Sprinting forward in a controlled run, Tiao planted his left foot forward, swiping his left hand out in a tiger claw that would hit Roth on the right side of his chin with the heel of his palm if left unhindered.

"You should have heeded my warning."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 14:34:39 GMT -6 »

The stage began to narrow as two fighters were left on the battlefield. One in the water, two going to help, a dog now swimming and climbing back onto the docks. The two left on the docks were the trench coat wearing Irishman, and the Chinese gang leader. Both on opposing sides and the smaller Asian making the first move.

Roth turned back to face them as his faster opponent came at his with a wide strike of the hand aimed for his face. Roth wasn't yet sure how he fought, but could only assume some form of martial art. With pure reaction Roth leaned back and took a small hit to his chin from his opponent's fingers. They were sharp and he immediately saw what seemed to be a vision of a tiger in place of the man.

"Well let's just say I ain't the brightest guy in the world."

A wide grin came across Roth's face. A smile that said many things, but mainly showed the thrill of a challenge. The tall Irishman leaned forward back to being upright. Normally Roth would keep it slow, but for this he knew it would be fast paced.

The wrestler tightened his muscles and fist and struck out to his opponent with a wide left hook to his face. The punch would be followed by a right upper cut heading to the same place. Lastly he would lift his large muscular leg where his knee would be up to his chest. As it got there Roth would shoot out that leg straight into the torso of his opponent. Starting out easy.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 12, 2009 2:19:38 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Assuming the kick is with your right leg, since you didn't specify.)

His palm caught only a piece of the chin, meaning it wouldn't be a one hit knockout. Roth was either lucky or had a decent amount of skill to him, though Tiao Lei Shen would put his money on the former rather than the latter. Whether he would last the next few seconds or not would give Tiao the answer.

Roth followed up with a similiar attack to Tiao's own, though in the more popular form of a fist. Bringing up his left hand Tiao parried it with the back of it against Roth's wrist, easily deflecting it to the inside. The follow up was even easier to avoid, with nothing taking away Tiao's mobility he simple took a step back, moving out of range of the close counter attack that was the uppercut.

Out of arm's reach, Roth would finally end with a kick in hopes of reaching its target. Sliding just slightly to the left, Tiao would evade the kick as it passed by his right side, waiting til its peak distance before his right arm wrapped around it, pinning it tightly against his ribs with the ankle between his forearm and bicep. As he trapped the right leg and slid to the left, Tiao's right leg would snap out in a low sidekick. Out of arm's reach, Tiao's heel would slam into the inside of Roth's left knee, dislocating the joint on impact.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 13, 2009 15:33:39 GMT -6 »

(ooc: My bad on that.)

The brawling Irishman watched keenly as each attack missed it's mark. This guy was a lot better at dodging him, but if he could land something he knew it would hurt. Each punch missed only by a bit. This guy knew what he was doing and was conserving as much energy as possible. With his plan in full action Roth shot out his leg and had it avoided and captured.

He knew from experience what was coming next. Fighter like his Chinese adversary would go fast and end the fight by disabling a limb. With a quick reflex Roth jumped off of his standing left leg. Using his momentum Roth spun his body to the right, having the loose cloth of his long pants hopefully allow his leg to turn in his opponents grip.

With the turn in full action Roth swung his left leg full speed headed toward the head of the Chinese gangster. As her would turn he could feel the hand push on his knee. With his momentum the push would lose force and help his kick reach it's destination. Now it was either hit or miss. It the Kick hit Roth would drop to the ground and jump right up to continue the fight, If it missed then he would do the same thing, only with a backward heel kick.

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2009 15:34:19 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 14, 2009 15:21:29 GMT -6 »

"So predictable."

Anyone who's taken a couple karate classes, or have seen pro-wrestling or kung fu movie typically reacted in the same ways. By how this one moved, Tiao could easily surmise the nature of his movements, and had expected the enziguri before he had even captured the limb. Roth had been easily predictable, and would in turn defeat himself.

Striking nothing but air, Tiao would plant his right foot down in the same spot Roth's left had been in previous to the jump. Waiting for the peak moment of Roth's kick, Tiao would bend his knees and slide his right foot out wide. Lowering his stance Tiao would duck and weave underneath Roth's telegraphed kick, dodging the blow entirely.

With Roth's momentum going to Tiao's left (your right), Tiao would twist his upperbody to the right, moving in the opposite way. Reaching underneath the leg with his left hand, Tiao would grab the heel, twisting the joint with enough powerful to severely damage the limb. With Roth's heavy momentum going the other way, however, Roth's right ankle would twist a whole 180 degrees clockwise, snapping the ankle joint in two.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 14, 2009 19:13:29 GMT -6 »

(ooc: So you know the terms. I usually don't use them since not a lot know them, but your an acception now =D)

Roth fluid movement had been working so far. The enzugri coming straight for Tiao's head had missed. In a way he expected such speed and skill from the leader of the gang who was over throwing the Yakuza. In other words, it was time to step it up a notch.

The full kicked missed and Roth immediately began to focus on the pain in his ankle. All this meant for Roth was a premature course of action. As he turned against his ankle Roth shot out a powerful kick aimed for the lowered head of his opponent. If it missed,he'd kick down on his opponents arms releasing his leg. If it hit, then Roth would doubt that his Asian adversary would have that much focus.

If by the end his ankle was free Roth would land on the ground with a thud, With a roll to his right Roth would use his hands and springboard off his back and onto his legs. He had underestimated his opponent and paid for it. Roth's ankle was now slightly off balance and hurt like a bitch. He was on the loosing side, so it was about time to give it his all.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 14, 2009 23:05:41 GMT -6 »

Unfortunately, for Roth, he wouldn't get the chance to rectify his mistakes.

The moment Roth's kick would pass over Tiao's head would be the moment his ankle snapped, as the Tiger of Hircine took full advantage of the dynamic movement. As a result, by the time Roth's leg would once again reach the ground, his other would be broken. Having already snapped the ankle joint Tiao found no more use in holding it, and would release it.

It was highly improbable that Roth would be able to power through the sheering pain in his ankle to throw any more kicks, but Tiao wouldn't give him the chance regardless. As Tiao dropped the broken right leg, he'd shoot his left leg out in that moment his back was exposed following the enziguri. Striking Roth directly in the center of his ass, Tiao would send the broken man over the dock and into the water below, where his dog could work on fetching him out.

"Next time I tell you something, you listen."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 17, 2009 17:39:03 GMT -6 »

(ooc: hmm...I could accept defeat and swim away...or play dirty...=D!)

As Roth's kick shot out and missed Tiao his ankle snapped. Or so it may seem. Luckily his naturally cracking joints made they're sound ad he tightened his muscle and tried to fight back against the Chinese gang leader. Luckily he was dropped to the ground with a sprain, maybe a small fracture, but thanks to all the brutal memories of the past he could still fight, but only time would tell for how long.

The Gothic wrestler laid on the ground and clutched onto a dock board in front of him. He was expecting a send off into the water, but his opponent wouldn't get a chance. Using his trained strength and the continuing momentum from the enziguri Roth ripped off a barley nailed, old wooded plank from the dock. He rolled onto his back and swung with his might against what he found later to be a foot coming at him.

There seemed to be no way to dodge the swinging plank at that stage in the kick. If all had been planned right Roth would get to his feet and soon as possible. Trying of course not to put too much weight on his right foot. He smiled and looked at Tiao waiting to his next attack or a silent stand off.

"I told ya before, I'm stubborn as hell, and can take much more of a beating then you think."

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 20, 2009 16:59:11 GMT -6 »

(OOC: You can...try.)

Tiao had no control over Roth's upperbody, and therefore wouldn't be able to stop him from grabbing the plank. However, Tiao wouldn't drop the leg until contact was made with his kick. So, instead of Roth turning around grasping at straws as he intended to swing the board, he'd find Tiao's heel hitting him in the asshole the moment he began to turn over on his back.

The end result would still be Roth falling face first into the water. Luckily for him, he now had a plank of wood to keep him afloat as he nursed his fractured ankle.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 27, 2009 20:55:53 GMT -6 »

(ooc: holy crap. Sorry I'm so late. I forgot about this one. my bad)

Swing and a miss! Roth was now being instinctual and reckless. He had under estimated his opponent and had a fractured ankle to show for it. Roth swung away with the plank of wood but still took a hard kick sending him to the edge of the docks.

He was borderline of falling in before catching himself on the edge. His leg was dipped in the water, the cool temperature feeling good on the fracture. It was now the fight or flight decision. Attack the ass-hat who felt the need to own the dock, or give up.

"So, what the hells your name anyway?"

Roth threw himself over the docks, keeping his head out of the water. He slowly swam backward keeping his body afloat heading slowly over to his boat.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 21:13:45 GMT -6 »

(OOC: You've brought this upon yourself. Just couldn't let things be...)

"Gun."

Tiao Lei Shen stated, holding his right hand out behind him as he placed his left hand on the hip. The nearest Dragon Dynasty member cralwed out of the water, hustling over and placing his glock in Tiao's hand. The ex-pillar had a distaste for guns and therefore never carried one on his person. However, some things just needed to be reinforced.

Taking a few steps forward on the dock, Tiao glared back at Roth, ignoring his question for the time being. He took another moment as he paced up towards the boat, finally pointing the gun where he saw the latch for the gas tank. He fired five shots into it, making sure he pierced the gas tank at least a few times. Unlike in the movies, bullets didn't cause explosions on contact with gas. Instead, it would give Tiao some more time.

"Tiao Lei Shen," Tiao finally answered Roth, not looking at him as his left hand dug into his pocket, revealing a small knife. He cut the rope tying the boat to the dock, allowing it to begin to drift outwards, all the while leaking gas out of its tank. Tiao tossed the gun back to its owner, reaching out his hand once more to the man who had been reprimanded for smoking near him just minutes ago.

"Lighter." Tiao Lei Shen said, taking the lighter and walking back up the dock, finally taking a moment to look at Roth.

"I'm a man of my word, O'Roak..." Tiao started, pulling out his wallet and removing a ten dollar bill, as it was the only kind of paper he had on him tonight. As he continued, Tiao would take the lighter to the dollar, looking through the flame and to Roth.

"I told you I was going to sink your boat. Breaking promises reflects badly on a man.'"

Tiao paused dropping the burning currency into the water. The lighter wouldn't stay lit once Tiao dropped it into the water, so the burning of currency was necessary. In actuality, it wouldn't drop on the water, rather than the oil product gasoline that floated atop of it. It would take only a half dozen seconds before the flame would catch the gas, following the dripping trail and all the way into the punctured tank of the drifting boat. A few more seconds later, no more boat. Without watching the full explosion, Tiao would turn and begin walking away from the docks, leaving the broken Roth to fend for himself.

"Next time, I'll kill you."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 21:39:10 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Man...do you know how much money thats gunna cost to fix. Hell I might as well buy a new boat. Maybe I'll get lucky and win BM or MAPP)

Tiao. Lei. Shen. Those words echoed through Roth's brain as he floated over to his boat. He watched carefully as he watched the gun being handed to Tiao. He thought he knew what was coming. Roth quickly ducked under the water ad swam quickly at his boat. It wasn't until later that he realized that he himself wasn't the target.

Roth and his dog both swam under the boat and began to get into at as quickly as possible. The Boston native ran to the captains chair and thrusted the key into acceleration, breaking it in the process. He could smell the gas leaking out of the boat from behind.

There was only one option left. Run. It was too bad Roth was one of the stupidest mother fuckers alive. He had assumed what would happen next. Gas leaking out only mean fire. The Boston native could see the burning of some sort of paper behind him. It didn't matter. A good captain goes down with his ship, and a good asshole takes something of his opponents out with him.

His ankle nearly broken, Roth revved the engine to the max. With all his rage and might he pulled the throttle as he faced the docks. With the full speed going he now face the boat that Tiao had gotten off of before the two had met. Blinded by rage Roth went forward into the boat. A pathway of Dock separated Roth's boat and his. Unfortunately for Tiao, he was also in the way.

These Chinese gangsters would watch as Roth came flying at them. Some would run to their ship, other dive into the water. Roth paid no attention. All he saw now was the trail of fire coming from behind him. Roth grabbed Carlos and jammed the throttle at full. At the key moment he would jump with the dog as the boat collided with the Chinese gang's ship.

*BOOM*

The fire had caught up with the boat as it collided into the ship. Bits of metal flew everywhere as fire rained from the midnight sky. Anyone with a good window at the Collective would be able to see the fiery explosion.

Roth swam to the surface with his dog. He floated there in the water under some of the tallest docks with connection to the land. His shirt was scorched. He could feel the burns on his side. He would wait and wash up on the beach with his shivering dog in his arms.

That would be his bed tonight. They were drenched by the water, and Roth was burned. He would wait for any type of AMTs to find him. There was no getting up after the wave of rage and adrenaline that caused what had happened. Roth looked at the peeling rotten wood celling above him as he lay in the sand. He began to whisper.

"Tiao Lei Shen. You owe me a boat."

(ooc: See, isn't that a MUCH better conclusion?)

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 14:21:36 GMT -6 »

(OOC: You...really need to learn to fold your hand before its too late, buddy...)

It seemed Roth O'Roak, the most idiotic mother fucker alive, would decide to swim into the boat rather than get away with it. As the fire began to trail up to the boat, Roth would take off, turning his drifting boat around in order to ram through the docks. Despite guessing that Roth was aimming to ram Tiao himself rather than the boat, the gang leader remained expressionless.

Putting his hands in his pockets, Tiao turned to the left and began to walk casually back to shore. The boat crashed into the dock, breaking a hole through the old wooden planks. Tiao remained on his feet, continuing to walk as if the shockwaves hadn't required a great deal of balance, which he thankfully acquired through years of Shaolin Crane Style. Regardless, the few men with him got out of the way of the boat's path, but none seemed worried about the boat itself.

Tiao Lei Shen turned away before the impact and the explosion, choosing to not strain his eyes at the sudden burst of light and fire. As Roth and pup swam back to the shore, Tiao turned back around, casually walking up to Roth once more. Standing over him, Tiao looked down at him as his hands remained in his pockets.

"If I were you, I'd be more concerned about who you owe a boat to." Tiao paused, nodding towards where "his" boat had just been prior to the explosion.

"What line of work do you think I'm in, O'Roak? I'm stealing a deal away from the Yakuza. While that shipment belongs to me, it didn't come in my name. Who's boat do you think that was? You saved me the trouble of cleaning up the evidence, so I won't kill you. However, I'm not sure the true owners of that boat will be as gracious as I am."

Without giving Roth the time to process the pretty important information broughth is way, Tiao's left foot would kick accross his cheekbone, striking hard enough to leave him dazed. However, Tiao made sure to leave him concious, so he could hear his final words as he dropped one of his cell phones at his side and walked away.

"Be sure to call someone and set your affairs in order. Funeral arrangments are complicated."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 17:19:36 GMT -6 »

"It's too bad."

With a struggling movement Roth sat himself up. His dog lay resting on the sand. His cheek bleed from the kick as he watched Tiao drop the phone near him. He began to laugh at the sound of Tiao talking about his death. Death was something he had narrowly escaped before, and that this point it seemed like a blessing.

"I was hoping it was your boat with your stuff."

The large wet man got himself up to a standing point. Slight burns covered his left abdomen under his scorched shirt and coat. The crimson blood still came down from his cheek and he wiped it away with his left arm. He looked over to the docks and the two sunken ships. A large fire engulfed the scene to his right, but Roth returned his focus to Tiao.

"Well, I guess you got what you wanted in the end. The next time we meet I can only hope it'll be on better terms. And yes, there will be a next time, As you can see, I don't die easy."

Roth watched Tiao with the utmost concentration. He was waiting to be struck down in mid sentence, but would keep his concentration on preventing any such retaliation. Slowly Roth would nudge the dog with his foot to wake him.

With a steady stride Roth went over and grabbed the phone. He really did need one. Keeping his movements slow Roth would walk up to his shorter Asian rival. Steadily he would bring his right hand up to see if Tiao would be enough of a man to accept the handshake.

"You beat me there, but don't think it'll happen again."