Author Topic: A Clamor in the Lonely Halls... (OPEN) (Read 300 times)
quentin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A Clamor in the Lonely Halls... (OPEN)
« Jul 11, 2009 15:44:55 GMT -6 »

OOC: I hope this is at least a mediocre post, I haven't SERIOUSLY RP'ed in years ::)

IC:
Quentin Frisby walked through the lonely halls of John C. Fremont High, playing with the itchy, uncomfortable collar of the school uniform that was mandatory to wear. He cursed himself for being late to school, and on his first day here too. But perhaps the authorities here would be more understanding, I mean, they won't be that bad on a newbie here, right? He thought nervously.

Lemme see, he thought while trudging through the silent corridors, carrying behind him his overly-heavy and stuffed backpack. He was nervous that he wouldn't have been ready for the first day of school, which locker number is mine...? It's 341. He looked to his right and counting off the numbers, 336...338...and, 341

He attempted to open his locker as succesfully as possible, "Okay, so 40 left...24 right...and 32 left..." No? Then let's try 40 right...24 left...and 32 right? Darn it!!! He banged his fist on the locker, and suprisingly, it opened. "Well, whaddya know about that?" He said as he started stuffing his locker neatly with his books and supplies. Maybe this school year will start out all right after all, maybe no one will even care whether or not I'm--

"Hey, faggot" Quentin heard in a coarse, rough voice behind him. He froze in his tracks, What? Did he find out so soon? What did I do? "Yeah, you, queer. Turn around right now!" He turned around ever-so-slowly, afraid to even breathe. Luckily, the boy who looked like he was a senior wasn't talking to him, he was talking to a frail looking boy in a yellow polo and plaid pants.

The senior pushed up the yellow -shirted boy up to the locker right next to Quentin, causing him to jump backwards in shock. "Hey homo, I told you to pay me double today, since you couldn't give me anything today..." He spit while he talked, the liquid squirting profusely from his mouth even landed on Quentin's arm. Oh god, he thought, that's disgusting... He shivered.

The senior looked to his side and sniffed, "Whaddyou want? Go and walk off, he motioned his head down the hall, while squeezing even tighter against the boy's neck, starting to slightly choke him." You know, I really should run off and pretend this never happened. After all, this is my first day here, no one can blame me, right? Right? He sighed, he couldn't coax himself into doing anything that his heart didn't want him to do. Damned conscience.

"You know," He gulped, "You really probably shouldn't be picking on kids..." His voice felt like it started shrinking. Oh dear, what am I getting myself into...? The senior smirked at Quentin and sized up his skinny-looking body, compared to tall, muscular, if not with a bit of a gut, body. "Yeah? What are you gonna do about it, fffffffffaggot?" The senior made sure to annunciate the first letter.

This riled Quentin up a bit, and he puffed out his chest and said, "Well, I can tell the authorities here for one thing, and---" Before he could finish, the Senior slammed him up agianst the locker too, with his free hand, "Oh really now, that's what you're gonna do? You might wanna rethink that....queer." He spit out the last word. Oh great, Quentin thought, an amazing way to start the school year out huh? I haven't even come out yet and I'm already being called homophobic terms... What do I do know?

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 15:59:39 GMT -6 »

(ooc: I'd say it's a pretty good sized opener, not too shabby at all)

Roth walked out in the seemingly empty halls of John C.Fremont high school. The tall Irishman wore his long trench coat over the rest of his mandatory uniform. It clashed heavily, but purple looked horrible on a guy like Roth, and his trench coat was a memory of his home back in Boston. Class had just about started the halls were empty for a Wendsday morning. Roth walked around the halls waiting to be late for his least favorite class. Math.

With a sharp turn and an aloof air about him Roth saw a familiar sight in the halls. A bully, a bit taller then Roth, was beating up on one kid from something or other. He leaned against a locker at the beginning of the hall watching the event unfold. A man in the proper uniform, a tad smaller than Roth, was now trying to stand up for the original kid.

"Well, time to play the hero again, eh."

With that said Roth began to walk over to the scene. The bully now had the older boy up against the locker ready to beat him, or if he was like the others here who had nothing to lose, kill him. The tall trench coated figure increased his pace as he approached the two.

"Hey! The hell you think your doing?"

Roth began to crack his joints with ease as a way to intimidate the bully. He sized him up and then thought about his style. If Roth's fighting experience showed him anything it would say that this would be pretty easy. With out looking for justification or a reason Roth grabbed the collar of the bully's shirt and pulled him toward himself.

"If ya wanna beat someone, have it be someone who'll fight back."

Before Roth finished he had shot out a swinging right elbow into the bully's face. Blood now gushed from a cut on his face and what seemed to be a gold tooth knocked out of his mouth. Roth then grabbed his head and proceeded to put him into a Sleeper Hold. Roth kept the taller bully's body up and then faced the two from before.

"Now, go ahead and tell these young men your sorry."

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 11, 2009 16:21:57 GMT -6 »

ooc: Roth, you fucking penis, I was mid-way through my post when I found out you'd replied to this. Screw it, edits are made, I'm already posting here too. Biatch.

ic:

He had swung his locker closed by the time the second expletive had left the boys mouth, and with a deft twist on his heel Aroon turned and watched the scene unfold. He'd seen this happen once or twice now, and had figured that involving himself was beyond him. After all, he was nobody's saviour and certainly wasn't about to start playing the intrepid hero for someone who he had no knowledge of.

However, it seemed that he wouldn't end up having to involve himself, as he watched a familiar face in the shape of Roth approach and intervene. He allowed himself a small laugh as he watched the taller boy contradict his ideals immediately, utilising violence and exerting control. Now, Aroon would have done exactly the same, though in a more...refined manner. His belt was already off and held between his hands like a garotte for one thing, but unlike Roth he made no consideration that he wanted to create a peaceful atmosphere. The more he thought about it however, the more he noted that despite his apparent ambivalence, a certain sense of whimsy seemed to fuel him more often than not. Probably just that pesky conscience.

He threaded his belt back into his pants as he leaned against his closed locker, folding his arms over his chest and watched the scene unfold with a smirk, amused that being less than six feet away provided a much more interesting viewing experience.

"You know, Roth, you really should find a more efficient way of doing that." he said, raising his voice just slightly so the dark-haired youth would recognise who it was.

quentin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 12, 2009 19:06:08 GMT -6 »

OOC: I hope it's okay that I RP the "Bully" ::)

IC:
It all seemed to happen so quickly. A large man, most likely a senior, and just a bit smaller than the bully, came by Quentin and his "companions". Seemingly without hesitation, the senior started to intimidate the bully, and Quentin could start to feel the tight grip on his collar start to loosen.

Out of nowhere, the Senior elbowed the bully right in the face, blood strewn everywhere as his grip came completely undone, letting Quentin and his yellow-shirted friend go. The other boy, stood there, shocked for a second, before nervously running away. Quentin on the other hand, stayed their, because he was mesmerized by the actions occuring before him, and he felt the need to think his savior.

After releasing him from a headlock of some kind, the man requested that the bully apologize to the two boys. Quentin's little 'friend' was missing, so Quentin was the only one there. "I-I'm sorry...sir...and I'm sorry for wasting your time," He said as he turned towards the senior. Then he shuffled off slowly, wiping the blood from his mouth and feeling the gap of where his golden tooth used to be. Quentin couldn't be sure, but he thought he heard mentions of, "...just a queer saving his lil' boyfriend..."

Quentin turned to look towards the tall senior that saved him. He wasn't necessarily unattractive, very muscular and strong looking, but it didn't seem like he was Quentin's type. Or gay. "Th-Thank you so much!" Quentin stuttered as he walked towards the senior, "I don't know what would've happened had that situation been left to it's own devices, and may I ask the name of who saved---" He was cut off when a new person entered the scene, making a seemingly snarky remark towards the senior that saved him. Quentin looked at him quizically, Who is he, and what past do these two share?

OOC: Sorry if this is short, rushing it a bit... ^^;;

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

« Jul 13, 2009 16:10:00 GMT -6 »

With a simple release of his arm the bully made his sorry way down the hall with one less tooth and a bit of split blood. He noticed Aroon coming up from the background and starting to throw up some criticism on his ideal of keeping the peace. Roth didn't think violence wasn't the answer, hell it was the only way to deal with those types. He was there to keep the Innocent safe as he just showed. He would ignore him for now and focus on the man before him.

He looked only a bit younger than himself and had a good body with him. But the way he acted didn't make him out to be much of a fighter. With a smile Roth outstretched his hand for a shake as he looked into his new friends eyes with a nod and smile.

"I'm Roth. And it's no problem. I make it my job to keep this place as safe as I can."

When their handshake ended Roth would turn to Aroon and give him a small laugh and swing his head back and forth. Lifting his head he straighted out his trench coat quick and began to speak once more.

"Like I said. You gotta fight fire with fire."

His smile then disappeared and his turned back to his new friend and leaned against a nearby locker. For a moment he imaged lighting up a cig, but he quit that shit a long time ago.

"So, what the hell are you two up to now?"

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 13, 2009 18:07:56 GMT -6 »

ooc: He's your NPC, so RP the shit out of him. ^^

ic:

When he looked at the boy more closely, he wondered if the thuggish bully had perhaps been a little closer to the mark than normal...Certain mannerisms like posture and body language were inexact as a deduction tool, but growing up in Thailand made the presence of homosexuality a commonplace thing. More often it was that ever-amusing tourist trap, the lady-boy (he and a few friends used to take bets among themselves over which unsuspecting tourist went off with one without being aware of the hidden 'surprise' awaiting them). However, he knew by sight quite a number of the other gay men who tended to linger around the tourist resorts.

Still, he couldn't be sure and wasn't about to presume without some actual proof; and since he wasn't about to demand the boy tell him, that screwed that plan.

'Inconsequential'

Roth, of course, made no hesitation to retort his comment and he snorted in a mixture of derision and amusement. "You should have come along thirty seconds later, I'd have saved you the hassle and you could have saved your so-called 'badassery' for someone else."

His tone was sarcastic, and deeply so, but despite it there was a definite trace of good spirit in it. Whilst he wasn't about to change his opinion of Roths naive intentions, he could at least hold a little respect for a guy standing for his ideals. It was certainly something he advocated, by any means. When the comment as to his present actions was made, he shrugged his lithe shoulders and leaned back against his locker again, a small smirk curling the corner of his mouth.

"Not a thing, I was just in the neighbourhood, as it were, and got to watch the show. A shame, I was hoping the new kid had some moves but what can you do, right?"