Author Topic: The Peacemakers (open/motivation) (Read 231 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

The Peacemakers (open/motivation)
« Jul 11, 2009 18:01:13 GMT -6 »

The gray smog rolled in from the city over the grounds of the Collective. The busses made their rounds throughout the Collective as a tall shadowy figure in his signature trench coat walked off the bus telling the driver to wait a quick minute. They were outside the dorms as the tall Irishman ran over to the Fremont male dorm's mailbox. With a quick turn of his key he grabbed his mail, but stopped as a tall white male tapped his shoulder. Roth turned around to see the man dressed in full UPS attire and a large package under his arm.

"Excuse me, but are you...Roth O...O'Roak?"

"Yeah, thats me. Why?"

The tall UPS employee turned and handed the tall package to Roth. An awkward air came from them both as Roth signed for the package. With out an exchange of other words Roth quickened his pace and got back onto the bus on it's way to the John C. Fremont High School. It was getting time for his free period to be over.

Roth looked through his three pieces of mail. The first was a Manila envelop containg an adult magazine. He set that aside to the seat on his left. He'd be taking care of that later. The second item was another magazine. PWI Insider, a kayfabe magazine which basically went in depth into the wrestling world. Again Roth set that one aside. The last item of mail was a packed letter that based on the return address was from one of his parents in Boston. Roth opened the envelop and took out about fifty bucks for his upcoming birthday, and a series of letters.

Dear Roth,

I hope you've been well. I can't wait to see you for your birthday when you come home. It's been forever since I've seen you and hope to see you soon.

-Love Rita

Dear Roth,

Hey bro, hows'it been. Hope ya having a good time out in Cali. Someday I would love to get out to the sun and shore! It's always raining and cold up here. Well have a good time there and hurry up and come home for ya b-day.

-Love Jesse

A smile appeared on Roth's face. The last time he had any communication with his sisters was when he had skipped a day of school and had taken the train up from Philly to spend their day off together. That was well over a year ago. Roth began to get a tad teary as he turned to the longest and last letter. He could tell by the writing that this one was from his mother.

Dear Son,

Well, I really do hope your having a good time half way across the country. It's been a long time since we've all seen each other. Those letters from your sisters was written a few weeks ago, but this one is recent. I have really bad news. Rita..she was killed a few days ago.

Roth starred blankly at the letter as his hand began to twitch severely. e paused for a few moments as a tear began to roll down his cheek.

I'm sorry to have to send this by letter. It just seemed like the best way since I lost the number for your school. Rita's dead. I can't believe it myself. She was found dead at her school after a fight with a fellow student and punishment from a teacher. Her friends say that she was bloody and having trouble breathing when the teacher kicked her in her head. She seemed to be okay, but died from head trauma a few days later. And the FUCKING JUSTICE SYSTEM IS FUCKED HERE!!!

The writing at the end began to droll off in angry scribbles and ineligible sentences. Roth's tears began to muster as a few fell onto the page. He knew that Corporal Punishment wasn't right, but damnit this went too far. Roth crumpled the letter and threw it onto the ground. Roth opened the tall package from the UPS man reaveling a pair of crutches set at the height of what would be a small girl. The letter said he seemed fine and these must have been hers before she died. As the buss stopped. Roth wiped his tearing red eyes grabbed his stuff and got off the bus into the collective. A strong wind blew through as he got off and the paper he threw to the ground fell before his feet.

With a small reluctance Roth picked up his letter noticing another piece of paper with it. It was written in crayon and was written in Rita's hand writing. Roth walked over to the statue of John C. Fremont and climbed up onto his shoulder as he had done many times. Roth legs were on each shoulder with John's head against his crotch. He began to read the paper written on in crayon. It was a poem by Rita entitled, 'The Peacemakers'.

[glow=red,2,300]The Peacemakers[/glow]

Together they stand for peace and love,To extinguish evil, pain, and blood.
They want to live together in peace,
but will be violent if they enemies won't cease.
Protecting the good and defeating the bad,
they aim to make everyone happy and glad.
They're peacemakers in world of corruption,
and forever fight to reverse it by action.
They are warriors for the world above,
Together they stand for peace and love.

-Rita O'Roak

Roth's tears came back as he read through the letter. Roth read it again and again until it became lodged in his head. He began to recite it aloud atop the shoulders of John C. Fremont. As he finished he spoke it out again louder. As he recited it Roth recalled a song entitled Peacemaker, by the band Green Day. The message seemed to be similar and called for titles of people. Roth decided to make his late sister dream come true.

Roth now stood with one foot on each of John's shoulders. The crutches from the package were now both in his right hand held tightly in anger and sadness. Roth shouted out the poem to the students below. Anyone passing by would see a tall trench coated figure with a pair of crutches reciting a poem of what Roth would call, The Peacemakers. As soon as he finished the bell for class rang. He awaited for something amongst the crowd would be in anyway influential to his next move.

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2009 21:32:18 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

The Peacemakers (open/motivation)
« Jul 13, 2009 17:22:50 GMT -6 »

Steven had only arrived at the collective yesterday, and still had yet to technically start school. He wouldn't for a couple of days, and of course he had taken the time to explore as much of the collective as he possibly could. He had hit most of the campus park and town, and was slowly running out of places to explore. It finally hit him that while he had been round the ground and the university itself he had note gone and had a look at each of the schools he would be living near for the next few years.

He had been randomly walking for around half a hour now and didn't really know where he was, he so should have gotten a map of the collective, to prevent this sort of this. Looking around where he was Steven tried to find something that might help him figure out where he was. Not far off from him to his right, was a statue of some sort. "Might as well." Steven muttered to himself, starting to walk to walk toward the statue.

As he got closer he noticed something off about the statue, well not the statue itself but seemingly standing on the stone mans shoulder was a guy. Seemingly speaking to himself as reciting something but Steven couldn't hear from here. Continuing to walk over, Steven noticed the a couple had stopped to look up at the the guy on top of the statue. "Err what going on here?" Steven asked walking up behind the couple, not asking where he was like he should have because of curiosity.

"That guy, was speaking to himself, sounded like a song or poem, he look kinda mad in my opinoun." The women of the pair said. "Come on Sandy, lets go." the guy of the two then said leading his girlfriend away. "Poem you say." Steven muttered to himself. "Hey lets hear it, I kind of a poem lover, no reason to pass up hearing a new one." Steven called up to the guy on top the statue who in fact looked kind of mad him as well due to the fact he seemed to be wielding a pair of crutches, it was then Steven notice the tears.

Steven regretted speaking so directly now, the guy looked upset, and from experience upset people could flip out, and this one looked mad enough to flip out indeed. Steven glanced around now looking for a excuse to leave and escape the awkward situation, that he may have just caused, he didn't want to end up into a fight on his first week hear like he did when he started at #552 years ago. He found no reason that could be used to excuse himself and turned backed to look up at the guy.