Author Topic: An odd way to meet (Berlin) (Read 252 times)
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

An odd way to meet (Berlin)
« Jul 13, 2009 21:29:59 GMT -6 »

Connor was still in class, and had no idea of the surprise that was on it's way to his dorm. Not so much a thing as a person. His mentor, and the man who was most like a father to him was on his way, bringing a few homemade baked goods, as well as some other items. Not because he had to, as Connor could take care of himself. No, it was because he wanted to. Connor was indeed like a son to the man.

Suichi walked briskly, and had already managed to enter the dorm of the boy, having been given an extra key. Considering Connor's blindness, Suichi was his guardian, and the key was given to him as a way for him to take care of things in a multitude of situations. Though Suichi and Connor knew this was unnecessary, the school didn't. Besides that, Connor was pleased that his mentor had the key. He looked forward to any visit form him.

Suichi laid the items out on the table, arranging the brownies and cookies. The other things he placed on the counter. Just as he was finishing, he heard a noise at the window. As if someone was opening it to enter in. Suichi gave a quick peek, and noticed the thin blond girl climbing through the window. He smiled, and ducked out of sight before she could spot him. Hey, where did you think Connor got his martial art talent from?

He sat at the table, and gave a smile to the girl once she rounded the corner. "I would have thought that you were past that entry method. But, I see you enjoy keeping things interesting." He chuckled. His mannerisms and Connor's were very similar. Suichi's dark eyes were kind, and should Berlin look into them she might, without the need for an introduction, figure out who he was.

"I was wondering when I would meet the girl who stole my student's heart. I see he has fallen for the adventurous type." He stood, and bowed to her. "I am Suichi. Pleased to finally meet you, Berlin."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 14, 2009 8:22:11 GMT -6 »

Cue Jaws theme!!

Dundun.. dundun.. dundun.. dundundundundundunDUNNNN!

Berlin made her way across campus. She had taken one of Connors shirts and altered it a bit with some scissors she had stolen from art class, and some ribbon that she had stolen from there as well. It was handy when it looked like you were picking supplies for your project and then shoving them in your bag when no one was looking. She had turned the shirt into a short little dress. Granted she was still wearing her oversized jeans under it, but at least she looked slightly more put together.

And she was still trying to get a job. Any job.

So far, no one would higher her because she had no previous experience and because well to be frank, she came in, in the same outfit and sometimes she didn't always get a chance to use soap!

Connor's familiar window stood there, without the need for curtains it wasn't like the sun could bother him as it did most sighted people. He tended to leave it unlocked as well. Only someone like Berlin would actually try it. Most of the people here could afford their own food and clothing. Berlin could not, thus Connor left his window unlocked incase she was hungry.

Though today it was just to surprise him when he got home.

Yay for surprises!!

The window was pushed open and she climbed up inside. Jumping down on the floor she turned and closed the window. No need to give herself away before Connor even got there. Wait.. what was that?

Did she smell tasties?!

Turning, Berlin headed towards the little kitchenette. Rounding the corner she froze. WAS THAT HIS ROOMATE!? No no.. he was too old to be a roomate but still! What the hell was he doing here? Was he homeless too? No no.. he had nice clothes. And he was clean. So that wasn't possible.

"I would have thought that you were past that entry method. But, I see you enjoy keeping things interesting."

Berlin blushed.

So he knew her. And he knew her past. But the way he spoke, made her think of Connor. She bit her lower lip.

"uuh uhhh.. I'm sorry! I just.. you know.. came in cuz.. well.. I know the kid... and .. you know.. that comes here.. I mean stays here.. I mean lives here!"

Crap! Was she makin' any sense at all?!

"I was wondering when I would meet the girl who stole my student's heart. I see he has fallen for the adventurous type."

Stole.. his students' heart?

OH it was that guy.. the one with the weird name!

"I am Suichi. Pleased to finally meet you, Berlin."

Suichi! That was it!

Wait... he knows my name?!

Berlin stood there. Her altered clothing. She had taken the shirt and cut slits like belt loops around her tiny waist. A bright blue striped ribbon circled her waist and fell in a bow at her left side. She had taken the sleeves off, and made some arm bands out of it with ribbon, and she had put a ribbon trim around the neckline by hand. She had tried hard, to look like she had something worthwhile.

"OH .. uhh.. well.. ummm I'm pleased to meet you too. Uhhh... I guess Connor already told you about me and stuff."

Her curls caught the light with their blonde hues and the soft curls. She was pretty, lovely blue eyes, sparkled with the light coming in through the window in the kitchen area. She blushed and shifted her weight, she loved her pink and black shoes. The ones Connor bought for her.

"Wait! Are those brownies!?"

She squealed. Yes she squealed. Life came back to the girl as she rushed to the table and sat down in the chair that was not occupied by Suichi. She was reaching for one, with excitement in her azure eyes. She froze, and looked up at him, unsure if it was okay to steal a tastie or not. he laughed at her, causing her to blush even further. But he nodded and she grabbed a brownie. Leaning back in her seat she bit into it like it was a stolen and secretive and coveted treat.

She moaned.

"oh my GOD! It's so tasty! Mmmm tasty."

She was in heaven. Looking much like a cat that got in the cream.

Berlin. Was. In. Heaven.

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 8:24:57 GMT -6 by berlin » Back to Top  
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 15, 2009 18:54:16 GMT -6 »

He couldn't help but be amused at her ability to go from slightly nervous to epically outgoing. He had more than given her permission to scarf down a brownie, and smiled when she complimented them. He bowed. "Thank you. Your appreciation at my baking is very welcome." He sat down across from her, and watched her eat. Not in that creepy older guy, younger girl way. He watched her enjoy the brownie, and could see why Connor was enamored with her.

She was attractive, though the physical obviously had nothing to do with it. Connor couldn't appreciate it, as he had no sight. (Though, Suichi was pretty sure Connor mentioned something about a fountain.) It was definitely her energy that held Connor, and Berlin's bubbly personality. He hoped she would help Connor loose his self confidence, though that was always a work in progress.

"You are right. Connor has spoken of you. Actually, it is the only thing he talks about with me." He smiled, noting the blush on her cheeks. "He is very smitten. Every time we speak on the phone, I can hear in the tone of his voice his affection." His face was serious, though his tone showed he was very pleased. "Thank you. Connor was... an interesting child."

He chuckled. "He is a good soul, and has a heart too large for his body. He will spoil you if you let him, and he does it because he enjoys making you happy. He may not be able to see it, but he can hear the smile in your voice." He doubted she knew the effect she had on him, and he knew Connor wouldn't just come out and tell her. He knew how nervous he got just speaking about her.

"I am happy he has managed to find someone that can make him happy. I worried that he might not. He believes at times he should be alone, feeling and fearing he is a burden." He sighed, and shook his head. "The only thing I ask, is that you don't hurt him. As strong as he may be in some aspects, and as strong as he tried to be, there are also parts of him that are fragile. Though, from my short time here with you, and from everything I have heard, I do not fell that you are capable of that."

---------Meanwhile---------

Connor was on his way back to his dorm. He was hoping to see Berlin today. Truthfully, he hoped to see her everyday. He had a huge crush, and the fact that she was his girlfriend had keeping a smile on his face that never seemed to go away. If there was a way she could just stay with him, he'd be even happier (if that was possible). He was humming to himself the entire way back to his dorm.

He got closer, and as he did, he heard voices. Muffled through the door, he didn't make them out at first. All he could tell was that it was a female and male. The scent of brownies and cookies were strong, and it was then that he realized who was in his room. Connor's eyes grew wide. I know that scent. Suichi is here! But... who is he... wait... no... what is he telling her?

Connor opened the door, and with blush in his cheeks. Having expected Suichi to have said one thing or another to embarrass him, he spoke with a slight amount of hesitation.

"Um... hi?"

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2009 19:10:07 GMT -6 by berlin » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 15, 2009 20:02:36 GMT -6 »

"You are right. Connor has spoken of you. Actually, it is the only thing he talks about with me."

She was.. the ONLY thing he talked about!?

Either the boy had NO Life, or.. or he felt more strongly about her than Berlin had originally thought. It wasn't like she didn't care about Connor. She did! Very much actually. It was why she loved being over here. Why she loved to hang out at his place, and why she loved to pop in even if it's just to kiss his cheek in the morning before school. There were times they were too busy, but other times they were able to spend time together.

"He is very smitten. Every time we speak on the phone, I can hear in the tone of his voice his affection."

"In his voice? You think so?"

Hmmm, that's interesting.

She wondered what people could tell from her voice. Reaching over she stole a cookie and began to eat it. It was likely the only food that she was going to get for the next three or so days so the calories were important to inhale. Besides Suichi said it was okay and Connor never seemed to mind sharing his food with her. But still she didn't want to be a burden. It was actually the last thing in the world that she wanted to do. So she never asked him for food, for clothing, or for money. She had gotten by before him, and she would continue to get by.

She could do it!

"He is a good soul, and has a heart too large for his body. He will spoil you if you let him, and he does it because he enjoys making you happy. He may not be able to see it, but he can hear the smile in your voice."

Berlin's brow rose.

"UHhhh well.. don't worry there pops, I won't be taken advantage of him. I don't ask him for anything but time. I don't need money or anything I mean.. I got by before, and I can get by now. The cookies and stuff are nice but.. to be honest.. if I had to.. I can eat on my own."

She really felt for some reason that like with most people, except for Connor, she had to prove herself. She constantly did. No one seemed to understand that she didn't ask or desire anfything but to live. She had gotten herself through the last sixteen years of her life without any help and she was pissed that someone would think she would take advantage of a boy. She wouldn't even know he had money unless he had told her. And she wasn't sure that Suichi even knew that she knew.

"I am happy he has managed to find someone that can make him happy. I worried that he might not. He believes at times he should be alone, feeling and fearing he is a burden."

"Yes but, he isn't a burden. I don't care." her shoulders shrugged. "Hell, I'm a burden. I've never been anything but!"

And she was. She was a burden on anyone that she met and anyone that she came across. She had been homeless til she had joined this school. She couldn't read, she couldn't provide for herself, she struggled heavily in school, she couldn't even afford soap! She did the best that she could and she was never anything but a burden on anyone.

Even her brother.

"The only thing I ask, is that you don't hurt him. As strong as he may be in some aspects, and as strong as he tried to be, there are also parts of him that are fragile

That was it.

She tossed the quarter of the cookie she hadn't eaten down on the table and she rose. Tossing her curls over her shoulder she shoved her hands in her pockets. The girl that was normally hyper and happy was suddenly very serious.

"Okay pops. I get it. YOu don't know me, but how about before we go about judging each other we get to know one another. I'm not with Connor to use him, and i"m not with him to hurt him. I don't do that. He.. well.. he .. saw me. Not my dirt, my clothes, my stomach, nothing. Me. And no one ever does."

Berlin sighed.

"Later Pops, tell him I stopped by."

Berlin turned and headed back for the window. He would probably want to spend some time with his dad anyway. And it wasn't like she could blame Suichi for what he said, afterall that was what most girls would probably think. Because to be honest, she was homesless. While she had a roof over her head only because of attending this school she was only slightly better off then she had been before. So she didn't really know what to say or think she just knew that she was not going to stand here and be talked to that way. Perhaps he would get to know her.

But. Before she could even get to the window. The door opened and she heard Connor come in. He looked SO CUTE!!

Jeans, tshirt, his gloves, his shades. His hair all casually messy around him and his face. She couldn't help but smile brightly. Suichi would see how they were now.

"Red!"

Berlin rushed across the room and she jumped, knowing he would catch her by the sound of her running footsteps. When he did she beamed as she kissed his cheeks softly and snuggled back into his body. He was great. She loved being around him, and she was so happy to be in his arms again.

"How was your day?!"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 18, 2009 23:33:22 GMT -6 »

Suichi felt horrible. He had been far too harsh in his meeting with her, though not intentionally. He was a bit overprotective of Connor, but with good reason. The boy had gotten himself hurt badly, though it had nothing to do with dating. It had been through his heroic nature, but still. Being hurt physically, emotionally, mentally... it was still getting hurt, and Suichi only wished to protect Connor. However, it seemed as if his words might ruin what was making the boy happy.

"Berlin, wait, I..."

Connor had just come in, and Berlin's mood shifted from upset to pure joy. Suichi was really shocked. From what Connor told him, he knew Berlin at least seemed to like him. But, this... he must have had a big impact on her and made a great impression. Her affection for him was obvious, and Suichi felt even worse for making his subconscious judgment. He mentally scolded himself, and knew he owed Berlin an apology.

Connor had felt the footsteps coming to him quickly, and the sound of Berlin's voice brought that boyish smile to his face. He braced himself, and once he felt her body, he wrapped his arms around her. His cheek went warm at the fell of her lips. It felt so good to hold her again. He loved everything about her, and his mood always seemed to improve whenever she was near. He rubbed noses with her, Eskimo style. Though still nervous around her sometimes, his confidence was slowly growing around her.

"My day's a lot better now." He gave her a squeeze before setting her down. He gave her one last standing hug, then bowed to the other one standing there. "Greetings sensei. I can tell you did some baking." He smiled. Suichi never failed to bring something.

"It's good to see you, Connor. And yes. I brought brownies and cookies." The tone in his voice was off, and Connor could tell he was feeling upset about something. He had also heard a small bit of what he said as he entered. He had said Berlin's name, but never completed the sentence. He took a few steps toward Suichi, removing his shades, and gloves. Both Berlin and Suichi knew about his eyes and scars, so he didn't need to hide them.

"Something is wrong. I can hear it in your voice."

"Your perception never fails to amaze me. Yes, I am afraid I may have been... judgmental and harsh a few moments ago."

Connor didn't move. His face locked onto his teacher, and even Berlin would notice Connor's mood shift. He had come to her defense once before, but that was against a stranger in the restaurant. Here, he was about to stand up to his own guardian.

His voice was slow, but one could hear the slight bit of anger in his voice. He spoke slowly, emphasizing every word. "What did you say to her?"

Suichi almost looked scared. But, it wasn't fear of his student harming him. It was the regret at what he had said, and that he might have done something to upset the two. "I was... telling her how much you cared for her. And asked that... she doesn't hurt you."

Connor took a breath. Slow, deliberate, and with meaning. He stepped closer to Berlin, and took her hand in his. He turned to her, and his face was soft. No harshness to it. He gave her hand a squeeze before returning his sightless gaze to the one his anger was directed at. "And what makes you think she would?"

"It isn't that. After what happened in New York..."

"This isn't New York! Isn't that why we moved here?"

"Yes, you are right."

"Being with Berlin makes me happy. You were the one who taught me not to judge, yet you did just that."

Suichi nodded, and it took a few moments before he replied. "Yes, I did. And I was wrong for doing so. I... was only worried is all. But, you are more than mature enough to make decisions, and are a far better judge of character than I." He looked to Berlin, and bowed. "We got off on the wrong foot, and I am at fault. I hope you can forgive an old man's foolishness."

He stood up, and looked at Berlin. "My intention was not to offended you. I was wrong, and I am sorry." His voice showed his sincerity, and he really hoped they could get past this. Connor's anger passed, and he stayed close to Berlin. He was so happy she was here, and he showed her by leaning down to give her a kiss.

She tasted like chocolate. He smiled at her. "You had a brownie, didn't you?" He gave her a hug. "Though he may be foolish, Suichi can cook and bake." Connor was hoping this who thing would blow over, and the three might enjoy a good meal. Connor also hoped that Suichi might excuse himself and go hope at some point, so he might get to spend the night with Berlin next to him again.

Waking up next to her the next morning and having her there had been so wonderful. He never had that before, and now he wished for it every night. He wished they could somehow become roommates. Perhaps he could get them an apartment off campus? Connor was considering it, though he wasn't sure if she would feel ready to move in with him. He had been conflicted about this for a day or so. But, he would talk to her about it later.

"I'm really glad you're here. I missed you all day." It was the reason he never locked his window. He gave her an easy way in. Suichi was about to open his mouth, probably with another apology. Connor wouldn't give him a chance. The man would learn that Berlin was tough, and that nothing he could say would keep her down long. She had epic awesomeness.

"As great as a feast of sweets would be, I think some real lunch would be in order." Connor gave her a grin, gave her a big hug, and spun her around in his arms. He loved having someone to shower affection and playfulness on. He gave her a peck on the cheek. "Berlin, you are my perpetual guest. As such, I believe a home cooked meal is in order." He gave her hand another quick squeeze.

Suichi knew what Connor meant, and he thought perhaps it might be a way to make up for his earlier folly. He headed to the kitchen, and found a few ingredients to make a decent lunch for them all.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 19, 2009 11:17:20 GMT -6 »

He caught her, and all was right again with her world. It was nice to be with him. To have him hold her and fold his arms around her too thin body. She kissed both his cheeks and watched him as he blushed a bright pink color. She hadn’t thought about how he might not want to do that in front of his sensei, but then on the other hand she figured she couldn’t take it back now. He leaned down and their noses rubbed together. Berlin giggled, she loved these little Eskimo kisses, they were the best. It was almost as amazing as actually kissing him.

Almost.

"My day's a lot better now."

Berlin beamed, her cheeks warming under her own flush. They were certainly an interesting pair. Both of them blushing like fools when the only person that could see them was Suichi. But they lived in their own little worlds and that was all that mattered to either of them. He set her down gently in front of him, letting her feet touch the ground again, she adored being around him. At first, she had thought he would be much too shy for her. But he was slowly gaining in confidence and it was only making him more attractive to her by the moment.

"Greetings sensei. I can tell you did some baking."

“Oh yeah! He did, and they were tasty. I had to check, for poisons, and ummm taste factor. Yeah.. taste factor.”

Yep, that’s right people, taste factor. Afterall the boy was blind, someone had to make sure that he wasn’t going to have sensory overload when it was too sweet, too salty or bitter. Thus, Berlin would take the sacrifice of her own tastebuds and be the Taster.

"It's good to see you, Connor. And yes. I brought brownies and cookies."

"Something is wrong. I can hear it in your voice."

Uh oh! That wasn’t good.

Connor removed his gloves and shades, she took them from his hands, and put them on the table in the living area where he always left them. So that he could find them before he went out. Berlin knew many of his habits without even having to ask, afterall, she was very observant and she wanted to make sure that she integrated in his life smoothely.

"Your perception never fails to amaze me. Yes, I am afraid I may have been... judgmental and harsh a few moments ago."

The tension in the room seemed to soar. Berlin looked up at Connor, having not seen his face that way since the girl at the restaurant seemed to have issues thinking they could pay for their burgers that day.

Those really had been great burgers.

"What did you say to her?"

Uhhh was that really all that important?

Berlin wanted to reach out and take Connor’s hand she didn’t want him to think that this wasn’t something she was used to. She was judged all the time he wouldn’t be able to be there all the time to stand up for her. There were times she just let it roll off her shoulders, other times that it wouldn’t roll off and she would have to cry or deal with it. That was just the way that it was. She couldn’t change the fact that sometimes people knew just how to hurt someone like her.

"I was... telling her how much you cared for her. And asked that... she doesn't hurt you."

“But its… okay now because…”

His hand came out gently as he stepped closer to her. Gently his hand took her own and gave it a squeeze as he gently looked into her eyes making her voice stop and her face blush.

"And what makes you think she would?"

"It isn't that. After what happened in New York..."

"This isn't New York! Isn't that why we moved here?"

What happened in New York!? Ohhh maybe it was the scar thingy!

"Yes, you are right."

"Being with Berlin makes me happy. You were the one who taught me not to judge yet you did just that."

Berlin smiled softly and blushed at the same time as she stood there in a very awkward moment. They were having a fight over her, and yet she felt as though Connor didn’t need to stand up for her so much. She would be alright, she had tough skin, always had. But he also knew that, he knew about her tough skin things really didn’t bother her. In fact Suichi’s comments probably wouldn’t have bugged her at all had he not been Connor’s adopted father.

"Yes, I did. And I was wrong for doing so. I... was only worried is all. But, you are more than mature enough to make decisions, and are a far better judge of character than I."

The man looked at Berlin. The blonde looked right back at him she was unafraid of him. Though she supposed that she should be. But she had never had a father in her life and therefore she didn’t know what she was missing.

“We got off on the wrong foot, and I am at fault. I hope you can forgive an old man's foolishness. My intention was not to offended you. I was wrong, and I am sorry."

Berlin smiled.

“It’s cool! I mean you aren’t the first and you certainly won’t be the last. You see people hear homeless or poor and they automatically think things. I don’t let it get to me really just that.. well you’re Red’s dad, and I wanted to make a good impression.”

She was surprised however, when Connor leaned down much more relaxed than he was moments ago when he was angry. Gently he leaned down and kissed her lips. Berlin smiled as she kissed him back, still shocked that he would kiss her in front of his father. But if he was comfortable, Berlin had done much worse in front of people she had never met before. As the kiss broke she could only giggle when he mentioned the brownie he ate.

“Can’t hide my snackin’ from you.” Berlin beamed.

"I'm really glad you're here. I missed you all day."

“I missed you more.” Berlin whispered gently in his ear. She was happy that she hadn’t left now.

"As great as a feast of sweets would be, I think some real lunch would be in order."

Berlin giggled, as she was picked up and spun around the room. Berlin while beautiful and could likely get just about any guy she wanted, had become quite taken with the blind boy that couldn’t even see her looks. Because he didn’t care about them, he looked right past them all and into her heart where he saw her, the real her. Not the girl that people wanted to bone. But the girl that he wanted to get to know.

Berlin, you are my perpetual guest. As such, I believe a home cooked meal is in order."

“You don’t have to cook for me, I don’t mind.”

But she also knew that Connor would have it no other way. He always tried to feed her because he knew that the only times she actually ate anything at all, or anything decent was when he provided that meal for her. She tried not to eat his food because she did not want to become what everyone expected her to be. The girl that mooched off of the friendly blind guy. But she was trying hard to get a job she just hadn’t found one yet. Apparently, people really wanted someone that already had a real home, a background in work, and was able to work hours that she could not being in school.

Suichi got up and moved to the kitchen area and Berlin looked up at Connor. She knew that Suichi didn’t have to cook them lunch but either he wanted them to or Connor’s suggestion had been a way to make up for his earlier judgment. While Suichi was busy Berlin led her boyfriend to the small couch that populated the living area. Sitting down in his lap she snuggled herself right into his neck with a soft sigh.

“Don’t worry about me Red. About earlier. I’m alright, people have said worse he was just trying to look out for you. You’re lucky to have a father. I don’t remember either of my parents. I don’t have pictures or anything. So, you’re lucky, that you have someone so great that wants to take care of you like that.”

For a few minutes they were quiet, and she said nothing. Just snuggling into her boyfriend, and listening to her stomach’s song enjoying the scent of the food that it would indeed get to fill up with soon. She softly smiled when her reason for coming over had hit her again. After all that Suichi mess she had forgotten for a few minutes.

“By the way, I hope you don’t have plans tonight. I’m taking you out on a date.”

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2009 11:20:49 GMT -6 by berlin » Back to Top  
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 20, 2009 21:28:16 GMT -6 »

Connor snuggled with her as she told him not to worry about her. He smiled. "I know I shouldn't. As much as I'd like to always be around you, I know there are times I won't be. And I know you are more than capable of dealing with it." He put his forehead against hers. "But, I can't help saying something when I am there." He hugged her, and smiled.

"I am lucky I guess. And Suichi really is great. He is one of the wisest, kindest people I know. I have learned a great deal from him. If it wasn't for him, I am not sure exactly where I'd be now. I owe a lot to him." He hoped that Berlin and Suichi could get to know one another. Both were a part of his life, and so he hoped that there would be no more embarrassing situations or misunderstandings.

Berlin started speaking again, and Connor looked very surprised. "Your taking me on a date?" He wasn't expecting that. Not at all. He got very excited at the thought of them heading out together. "No! I don't have plans! If I did, I'd cancel them! Where are we..."

He didn't get to finish that sentence. Suichi had finished cooking. "Lunch is ready!"

He had managed to prepare some kind of fish recipe, one Connor had not had in some time. He had been more focused on Berlin's surprise that he didn't pay attention to the aroma coming from the kitchen area. The couple left the couch and headed into the kitchen, siting down at the table. The plates of cookies and brownies had been replaced by steaming ones of fish and rice, seasoned and delicious.

Once all were seated, Suichi spoke. "Enjoy!"

A singe word that didn't need a second cue, and all three were soon halfway through a lunch that put most restaurants to shame. Connor's anger at his sensei had melted away completely, and all three enjoyed a bit of small talk. Once the meal had been consumed, Suichi took the dishes, and washed them, leaving the two children to enjoy one or more of the sweets he brought.

Once the dishes were cleaned, He turned to them. "Connor, I must be getting back home. I have a few errands to run. It looks as though you are doing more than well here." Connor began to give a small protest, but Suichi silenced him by cutting him off. 'This won't be my last visit."

He turned to Berlin. "I have not seen him this happy in a long time." He smiled, and it showed his thanks. "To see this brings me joy." He shook her hand, firm but gentle. He collected his things, and bid them good afternoon.

Connor had a brief moment of sadness at his master's leaving, but it was quickly replaced by his excitement. at Berlin's earlier statement. "So... I'm yours for the rest of the night." He grinned.

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2009 16:37:55 GMT -6 by berlin » Back to Top