Author Topic: Look Right Through Me`` Open (Read 324 times)
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Look Right Through Me`` Open
« Jul 18, 2009 0:13:09 GMT -6 »

Aleece did a lot of things alone, surprisingly or not, and on any given day anyone could spy her sitting by herself outside reading, or tapping something out on her PPC, or stuck in front of her lap top. To say the least she wasn't a social butterfly, not that she didn't get along with most people she ran across, but she didn't like bugging people most just to entertain her.

Not shy about going about doing things that would normally be more fun in groups she found doing by herself, like at this very moment. Sitting in the California Pizza Kitchen by herself. A half eaten order of the house salad, and currently working on the Portobella Mushroom Ravioli. A cold unsweetened iced tea was sweating next to her as she continued to slowly enjoy the late supper.

It was the weekend a Friday night and she had just came out of early movie from the AMC finding that she had nothing more then a bottle of water through the while thing she was quite hungry. So she wouldn't be sitting and looking awkward eating by herself she had purchased a magazine.

Thankfully she wouldn't be running into anyone she knew, it was PC World, showing her loner status along with her geekier tendencies. She was well into an actually very interesting article, taking her time to read it, that she didn't exactly pay attention to anyone around her, not even the waiter that came to refill her drink...twice.

Lifting a hand she tucked a short strand of hair behind her ear, before leaning her chin in the palm of her hand, her steady eating coming to a pause...ignoring any stares she might have gotten as people passed by. Not that it was entirely unavoidable to be stared at, sitting outside the restaurant at one of their bistro style iron tables, the only separating her from the light flow of people the waist high metal railing.

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2009 0:13:23 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 20, 2009 19:46:34 GMT -6 »

”A CPK? Well, I haven’t had a pizza for weeks…” Caleb mumbled to himself when he spotted the Pizza Kitchen. Caleb had not eaten junk food for a couple of weeks and he felt like ruining his healthy streak by getting himself some pizza. While Caleb usually ate healthy, he was also a normal teenager. And normal teenagers ate junk food. He would just have to run a couple of miles extra this week to burn those extra calories. Caleb entered through the door, wearing his usual themed clothes. Dark t-shirt with a witty/funny text. His shorts were equally dark. But at least they compensated the emo-factor by making his muscular tanned calves be seen by the world. Unfortunately, or fortunately, Caleb wasn't the type to get excessive amounts of body hair, so his legs barely had any visible hair at all.

Caleb marched directly up to the counter and ordered a number 3. It was really a force of habit, his favorite pizza had always been the third on the list in the CPK from his hometown. Hopefully, they had a nationwide menu card with no differences. Still. It wouldn’t matter much, Caleb had a strong stomach and wasn’t picky. As he stood there by the counter, he took a look around. In the end his eyes settled on the one thing that piqued his interests.

If his eyes didn’t deceive him, then an attractive female was sitting all alone. With an issue of PC World. Something that appealed to both the jock and the nerd in Caleb. He was very intrigued by this little lady who was easy on the eyes. Caleb knew that such things shouldn't be wasted by being idle. It was better to act and fail, than to waste life by doing nothing. So he approached the table with the attractive female nerd.

”Excuse me –” Paused, to make sure the attractive female nerd was listening. ”-could you help me with a small mystery?” Caleb asked the attractive fe- screw this - the AFN.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 20, 2009 21:04:54 GMT -6 »

The hand that had been resting lightly at her fork, as her attention was entirely on her magazine, jerked a little when someone suddenly spoke to her, causing her to pump the silverware against the glass bowl. Aleece to say the least was surprised that anyone had approached her and she arched an eyebrow at the blond, who...it didn't pass her attention was quite attractive, and speaking to her.

It took her a moment to get that he had asked her a question and she turned a little in her seat properly closing her magazine and making a small gesture with her hand before settling the side of her hand against the table, "of course. That is if I'm able to."

She wasn't exactly sure what he had to ask her but she was almost instantly curious (sometimes it was pathetically easy to capture her interest in something), and she waited for him to answer. While she did she gave his attire and appearance a quick once over, not that she was ready to judge him but the shirt led her to believe he must be some sort of fun loving guy, probably always ready with a joke, or something witty to say. From the way he had just approached with no sort of qualms of interrupting her, again not that she minded, also led her to believe...he was not a shy individual.

There was a chance that he was talking to her at the moment to try some sort of pick up, but Aleece highly doubted it, the cover of her magazine was clearly showing, and she had gone out in her most bland attire - simple low rise jeans, and a foil print burnout tank . Not exactly something that screamed...impressive to the opposite sex. So the odds that he did see her reading what had, clued him in that she was not the average airhead...and she was entirely expectant that his question had to be something non-sexual.

godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 21, 2009 17:08:22 GMT -6 »

Caleb could tell that the girl was honestly interested in the mystery that Caleb was going to present to her. Or she was interested that he had a mystery. Once he revealed what the mystery was, then she would be much less interested. But at the last second, he decided to change something about his approach. A simple way to implement some compliments that wouldn't be regarded as an attempt to get into her pants. Well. Probably would. She seemed intelligent. (Nerds tended to be intelligent, especially the female versions). So, he couldn't underestimate her intelligence. Many pick up lines failed at the smarter females. Unless they had some serious charm or humor involved.

"Well, you see, once there was this girl having dinner, she was quite easy on the eyes, yet she was still eating all alone. But that is not all, for this girl, she seemed lonely and she appeared to be interested in computers, meaning that she was probably either a girl gamer, which is awesome, or-" Caleb shrugged a little "- perhaps a nerd." He paused for a second. Just to give her time to let it all sink in. "... Now, could you help me understand how someone like that would be all alone?"

Should she have missed that it was a reference to herself, then Caleb would abandon all attempts at being smart or intelligent in his approach and try the jock approach. Flex his muscles and make retarded jokes.

OOC: Sorry, my muse has gone AWOL.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 21, 2009 20:05:33 GMT -6 »

And of course as rare that it was that she was proven wrong, it did happen on occasion and as this blond guy standing at her table spoke she raised an eyebrow, though her lips turned up softly as well. He didn't need to let anything sink in for Aleece to get it and before he finished talking she looked down with a nod, her thumb running against the edges of the magasize pages, wondering if he was actually serious with that pick up line. Sure she wasn't exactly 'experienced' in the dating scene or talking it up with guys but she was hardly dull.

Licking her lips she looked back up and smiled a bit more clearly amused his, problem, but she would humor him for now and continue to play this conversation out like he had started it. "Well it sounds like to me that this girl probably likes to spend her time alone, and if she doesn't then she probably doesn't want to bother anyone just to join her."

Lifting a hand she gestured carelessly her smile turning into somewhat in sardonic grin, "pathetic though, who spends all there time alone when they've got perfectly good company in random strangers."

With a small soft laugh she gestured for the chair opposite her clearly offering him a seat to join her, "Aleece Fontecilla, nice to meet you."

With that she sat back in her seat comfortably shifting in her seat to cross her legs leaving a hand rested on the table in front of her. The longer Aleece studied him the more aggravatingly familiar he seemed to become, like she had seen him around somewhere before. Pursing her lips and giving him a once over quickly she leaned forward again and rested her forearms against the table ignoring her bowl of ravioli for the moment. "Do you happen to attend the Chula Vista Collective?"

Aleece was generally shy or not outspoken but seeing as he had approached her and started the conversation first she had no qualms to keeping things going.

godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 22, 2009 18:51:47 GMT -6 »

Her reaction was all but important to Caleb right now. His eyes remained focused on her eyes, but his eyes did take a full, up close, look of her facial features. His eyes moving in a triangle from her eyes to the side of her mouth to the other side and back up again. His eyes never crossing the magical line to the south that could give her reason to believe he was checking out her rack. Her intelligence wasn't questioned when she answered his little mystery, instead, her intention was questioned. Caleb understood that this was either a dismissal of his approach, or ... Well. It could only be considered a dismissal. But she elaborated and threw in some self-irony as well. Caleb was already intrigued. She wasn't a bimbo, quite intelligent, but capable of using self-irony. A rare girl indeed. She gestured for him to sit down and told him her name.

"Hahah, name's Caleb, Caleb Cullen, and sorry for that cheesy pick-up line." Caleb shrugged as he sat down. "And a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet." Caleb said before she gave him another good look-over. Caleb was a bit confused by this, but eventually she asked him. Her question surprised him. What were the odds that she knew what school he was attending. Unless. She had seen him on campus. Making her a student at the same collective. What were the odds? Caleb wasn't good at math, but he knew the number was small.

"Chula Vista? Yeah. Fremont Junior. I just transfered there a few weeks ago, I entered the school the same day students were punished for not wearing their uniform..." Caleb shook his head a little. Their punishment had been too severe. But he couldn't do anything about that. Caleb pushed the matter aside in his own mind.

"But that is a depressing thing to talk about, so, what about you? What part of Vista are you from?"

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 25, 2009 18:07:52 GMT -6 »

Aleece laughed quietly when he apologized for the cheesy pick up line and introduced himself, nodding when he commented on what strangers were. When Caleb seated himself answering her question she felt like she suddenly could put a name with the face. He had been the boy she had seen at the uniform assembly with his phone out just the same as her and while she wouldn't nessesarily call the assembly a depressing subject she went along with it and continued the conversation, without dwelling.

"I attend Henry Knox," she said, really unsurprised to find that since Caleb did a school at the collective that it would happen to be Fremont. The majority of people she spoke to or met came from that school, and for the most part seemed to be pleasant individuals. Lifting a hand she tucked a bit of hair behind her ear pushing the growing ends away from her face.

"In fact I just transferred here myself, at the beginning of the year. Its taken a bit to get used to," Aleece admitted freely, meaning every bit of it. She had nothing in common pretty much with any other person here, she didn't come here for the discipline or the fact her parents had made her, no...she had to actually convince her folks to to let her attend to ROTC school, and to live on her own in the dorms.

"So...do you like it here so far?" Aleece asked curiously with a tip of her head and leaning on her arms when she crossed them on the table in front of her, "at the collective I mean."

godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 17:11:03 GMT -6 »

OOC: Sorry for the late reply.

IC:
Caleb smiled when she laughed at his apology. It had worked, his little charm-offensive that was. Naturally, Caleb didn't remember her from the assembly. Just another face in the crowd. He had been too disgusted by the sight to actually notice individuals in the crowd. He didn't even notice the people who had been objecting to the system and their methods. But when she responded to his question. The school. He smirked and added a little comment.

"The military school?" Caleb whistled impressed. "I better be careful, before you show me the might of the US military." Caleb said, chuckling a bit at his own joke. That was perhaps one of his worst personality quirks. He tended to laugh at his own jokes. Even the bad ones. Like that one. But he took any notice of it, rather, he listened to her question. Did he like it here? No. He hated it. He felt homesick. Missed his friends and those he cared about. Everything was different here. And it was too god damn hot. Making everyday like living in a sauna - making training like a march through hell. But that's not something you confess to a stranger - especially not someone you're trying to score. Made him quite whiny.

"Well, to be honest, I prefer my old school. Don't get me wrong, Chula Vista is a fine place, truly, but everyone just seems to tense. Like something mean is lurking just around the corner.” Caleb shrugged before looking up and seeing his pizza was done and done. ”I’ll be right back” Caleb got up and got his pizza, and carried it back to the table. He smelled the pizza and was quite satisfied.

”I hope these are as good as those up north.” Caleb said with a smile. ”So, what about you? Liking everything around here?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 22:59:20 GMT -6 »

"The military school?" Caleb whistled impressed. "I better be careful, before you show me the might of the US military."

He was having her on with that and she grinned a bit more giving him a look that would leave him to wonder whether he really should or not, but that in itself was a joke - Aleece of all people hardly looked dangerous. With a low soft laugh she dropped her hand to the fork that had been waiting with a cut ravioli, noticing that she had completely ignored her food in favor of reading, stills he didn't pick it up, and instead just turned the fork over practically playing with her cooling order. When Caleb answered her question of whether or not he liked it here she nodded in understanding.

She had liked her old school better as well, she hadn't had many friends there but it was a lot less stressful then the collective. Aleece agreed completely when he said that it felt like something mean was lurking around almost every corner...she didn't know honestly how she survived this place and if she wasn't so stubborn she probably wouldn't have to this point. Before she could answer back however he excused himself for a minute and she watched him for a moment as he went and got his pizza.

She had a smile ready for him when he made his way back over however placing the steaming pie down on the two person table, and she had to admit it smelled delicious. Looking back up she settled back in her seat her fingers falling to the table away from her bowl, "well I'm really only attending Knox for one reason, so it doesn't really matter if I like it or not. It'll help me when I enlist after graduation."

Reaching for her perspiring unsweetened tea Aleece took a sip before going on. "So you used to live up North? Where about?"

Of course she was curious, she have lived in this area all her life, quite literally and haven't really been outside of California other then family vacations and once to Chile to visit some relatives, that...she didn't know.

« Last Edit: Aug 7, 2009 22:59:44 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 20:59:42 GMT -6 »

Caleb took a slice of his pizza and bit off a piece of the still quite hot pizza. It burned in his mouth, but the taste made his mouth water enough for the burn to go away after a few seconds of irritation. Normally, he would let the pizza cool down before he would take another bite, but he was quite hungry so he ignored the pain that ensued and finished the slice rather fast. Listening the Aleece all the time. Curious about the enlisting thing, she didn't look like the military type. But appearances could deceive.

"I assume you're going for a career in the armed forces... General Fontecilla."

Caleb smile and took another bite out of a second slice. Noticing for the first time that she really didn't eat any of her ordered food. Only drinking her ... it looked like tea. Caleb had to admit it was odd to order food, that cost money, and then not eat it while it was hot. But he couldn't be bothered to mention it, but he did look quite confused when she just played around with the food. Caleb wasn't cheap, but he hated to just waste money or see money wasted on nothing.

"Portland, Oregon. The climate is colder up there, but I was born and raised, mostly, in San Fran. But I prefer Portland." He responded to her question about what up north meant. Caleb had a pretty regular boring childhood. Not much worth mentioning there. "Nice place, really, you should go there some day." Caleb said with a minor smile before he directed his attention to the pizza.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 7, 2009 23:11:50 GMT -6 »

Aleece nodded at him her smile growing a bit when he said he assumed she was going into the armed forced, "Air Force, more specifically, I want to work with computers."

With a rather sardonic twist of her lips she gestured to her right where the magazine sat next to her bowl, "I'm afraid I'm not G.I. Jane."

When she placed her cup down she picked up her fork again her stomach rumbling lightly when she realized she had ignored her food in favor of earlier reading then new company, and if there was one thing Aleece just didn't do...it was go hungry. She was hardly worried about her figure or shy to eat in front of others and with her funds dipping dangerously low she wasn't about to waste a dime, because she had gotten sidetracked.

Aleece concentrated on cutting one of the rather large ravioli noodles in half and speared it to bring it to her mouth, pausing when he spoke but continued to feed herself, nodding. When she swallowed she gave another small smile forking the other half she had cut into before, "that does sound nice. I've grown up here my whole life though, born and raised Californian, so I can't say I don't love this weather...the fact you can run down to the beach at almost any time of the year."

Aleece wasn't necessarily a beach rat but going on occasion especially with her family had been nice, though sad to say even growing up here she had never once been on a surf board or even attempted. Her interests had kept her in doors for the most part. Nodding to the second slice of pizza he was working on she raised an eyebrow finishing off her own bite, "so...that anything like up north?"

((ooc - >_< Sorry for the long wait on this reply))

« Last Edit: Aug 7, 2009 23:16:00 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top