Author Topic: A General Concern (Thorne) (Read 265 times)
Nicole Husher
Legend

Nicole Husher Avatar

[send pm]

A General Concern (Thorne)
« Sept 21, 2015 22:53:51 GMT -6 »

Ah, DC! Not Nicole's favourite city in the world, but it had its perks. Unfortunately, what had her braving airport security, a nearly two hour flight and the godawful traffic was business, not pleasure. Possibly the worst business possible short of an actual invasion of the capital, which no longer seemed as impossible, of late, as it once did.

France was bad enough. Now Italy was in trouble too, and where was NATO? Sitting on their goddamn arses. There should have been a mobilisation months ago, what the hell was going on? She knew it was more complicated than that, war was a complicated thing by nature and it'd been 70 years since anyone'd had to deal with something quite like this, but she'd seen the news, and the footage of what was going on in Europe. They couldn't just not do anything about this.

They couldn't sit by and watch the world be brought to its knees by some tinpot dictator, one country at a time.

That was what brought her to General Thorne's office today, she didn't have her dress uniform any more but she made up for it with the best professional wear she had to hand. She'd called around to every old Army friend, every former CO, she could think of, but none had quite enough pull to get her higher than good ol' Thorne. She still remembered this man turning around and stabbing them all in the back, in San Diego, but bygones had to be bygones today.

So she'd called ahead, had a pleasant little chat with the General, and now she was in front of his office, waiting for him to be ready to see her.

« Last Edit: Sept 21, 2015 22:56:39 GMT -6 by Nicole Husher » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Sept 23, 2015 23:59:32 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

As soon as she's buzzed in she finds Thorne sitting his office chair! He stands to shake her hand before taking his seat and gesturing for her to do the same.

"Ms. Husher. You're looking well."

Nicole Husher
Legend

Nicole Husher Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 24, 2015 19:56:16 GMT -6 »

"You too, General. Thanks for agreeing to see me on such short notice."

Nikki takes a seat after shaking his hand! They took care of most of the small talk and catching up on the phone, though, so she assumes he'd prefer she get right to the point.

"You've been keeping up with the news in Europe, I assume?"

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Sept 27, 2015 21:22:08 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He grunts.

"The occupation of France."

Nicole Husher
Legend

Nicole Husher Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 28, 2015 8:59:10 GMT -6 »

"And the invasion of Italy."

She let that hang in the air for a moment. Clearly these people weren't going to stop on their own.

"You're closer to the big decision makers than me. What's going on here? Terrorists have taken over a key member of NATO, launched a full assault on another country, and haven't even been sent a strongly-worded letter."

« Last Edit: Sept 28, 2015 9:00:20 GMT -6 by Nicole Husher » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2015 19:57:30 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Politics." He lays it out plainly.

"It's being described as a battle of agenda between the lefts and right, but if you ask me this Empire has more than a few people in their pockets already."

nikkiguest

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2015 20:28:16 GMT -6 »

"This is war, and we're obligated to defend our allies; I think we agree there's not exactly room for 'agenda' there."

Nicole's no politician, obviously, but it seems pretty cut and dry to her. "What's the President doing about all this?"

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2015 20:47:37 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

He laughs.

"That's why you and I are not politicians. Otherwise we might see things that way. Officially, nothing has been able to be done."

Nicole Husher
Legend

Nicole Husher Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2015 21:51:49 GMT -6 »

"There has to be something we can do; we can't just leave all those innocent people to their fates. The other NATO powers must be putting together a plan, surely?"

Of course, if they had France now they had access to a major nuclear arsenal, but if they hadn't used it already...

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2015 23:07:28 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Officially they are weighing options. But you know how the military works. There's a great deal not on public record."

Nicole Husher
Legend

Nicole Husher Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 6, 2015 12:28:30 GMT -6 »

"Anything Paradigm can help with?"

Not that she has authority to decide what the Academy will do, but she can talk to the right people.

Quick Reply