Author Topic: Pod 3: Eric, Rebecca, Enya (Read 9,263 times)
Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

Pod 3: Eric, Rebecca, Enya
« Feb 25, 2016 1:28:12 GMT -6 »

Rebecca looks away as Eric begins ripping further into Aaron, pocketing her phone to look at her boyfriend again as his volume grows. It makes sense to her, though; she remembered his confession at the carnival, and it was why she knew Aaron was in for a rough ride.

She folds her arms over her own chest, watching the two of them to see what happens next.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 1:53:31 GMT -6 »

"I was telling you how I felt before I knew about the reality thing. You always seemed like you had all the answers, had no limits. I had no idea about any of that until you told me."

Because how can anyone match up with someone who can pull pretty much literally anything out of a hat, literal or metaphorical? Eric could think "Jim Clavish" and the man would walk into this room right now, fresh from Turkey with no idea what's going on. Boom, he's captured, Sarah doesn't have to go risk her life. He does fall silent, though, his expression turning thoughtful, contemplative, as he genuinely does let the words sink in.

For so long, Eric existing has made Aaron feel worthless, like there's no point training every day, no point having his powers. His abilities, his training, his money, all of it pointless when Eric could just open a portal. That's hard to just shake off, because how can he help people with darkness? How can he feed the hungry or give shelter to the homeless with shadows? What good is spending money on a gift - or time on making it himself - when Eric can just pop open a portal or reach into his hat and pull out something perfect?

"There's no narrative, Eric," he says, his voice having taken on the same thoughtful vibe. "I came to admit I'm wrong, to apologise, to do the right thing. And yeah, to say I want to make things right no matter how long that takes. I have to focus on the war, and on fixing myself," he shoots Becca a look there, just to acknowledge the role she played, helping him realise something he already knew - it's a look of appreciation, "before I can really jump into that with anyone, but it'd be wrong not to own up to everything while I still have the chance."

His expression hasn't changed and his voice hasn't raised. This isn't about winning an argument or getting one up on Eric, it's about doing the right thing. His tone would still be on that note of sincere regret.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 1:58:06 GMT -6 »

"Hmm."

He had nothing else to say. He wasn't really interested in hearing Aaron defend himself, or anything of the sort.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 1:59:32 GMT -6 »

Rebecca gives Aaron a tiny shrug when he looks her way. She didn't anything other people hadn't been trying to do.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 2:21:46 GMT -6 »

On my way.

Her entire body shook with rage. Her teeth were clenched. When she arrived, Sarah looked damned ready for a fight. She banged on the door, and the second it was open, she spoke.

"The hell. Are you. Doing here? Haven't you caused enough shit, Silverman? Do you think you're going to win some kind of popularity contest with THIS?"

She gave a fierce shake of her head from side to side.

"When did you stop LISTENING?"

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016 2:21:58 GMT -6 by Sarah White » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 2:32:49 GMT -6 »

Well, it was really just a look to acknowledge her anyway, so the shrug doesn't bother him.

What does bother him is the metaphorical door being slammed in his face, but really, what was he expecting? He hadn't come here for instant forgiveness, just for the hazy chance of maybe working to make things better if he somehow comes back from everything alive.

"There's only so much I can do, Eric," he offers after letting the silence hang for a long moment. "Powers or no, I'm only human. I was wrong, and I want to do right -"

The door flies open and Sarah catches that last part before Aaron is cut off, looking at her like she just, well, shot him through the heart. Or at least startled him, because she genuinely did do that, making his eyes go wide and his body jump a little before he calmed down, forced the contrite expression back onto his features.

Her calling him "Silverman" hurts more than anything. Her talking to him with so much anger and disgust in her voice makes him want to go disappear forever. He remembers how she treated him like he didn't even exist for a whole month, after he found out about her betrayal, after telling him she was 'on her way,' and how she treated him when she finally remembered he was a person. How she's the most important person to him in the world and suddenly went 180 and started treating him like he's completely worthless.

"...Popularity contest? What?" That actually, genuinely throws him off, and it would show on his face. Not to mention, how the hell did she know he was coming to talk to Eric? What business is it of hers? He actually blinks a few times before responding further.

"This isn't about anything like that, Sarah. I came to do the right thing, to apologise for everything, and yes, to listen. Because I've been wrong, okay? I let all this hurt me to the point I've been acting like a complete asshole, and I was wrong, about everything. At some point I stopped being the man you got to know, and I'm trying to fix that - or at least start. They're sending me out there, and you were right, I have to focus on the war; I just couldn't look at how I treated everyone and not say anything before I go. That's all this is, a few last words while there's still the chance."

Calm. Calm. Be calm. Even though you want to either fall apart or knock her head off, right now, and aren't sure which. Though is there a point? After all, she's already twisting him having the basic human decency to own up to how he acted and say 'I'm sorry' which she never did into 'trying to win a popularity contest'.

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016 17:54:08 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

I assure you I mean well.

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 10:37:46 GMT -6 »

Enya would have opened the door after the knocks, but the rampage that ensued left her quiet. No fancy doorlady greeting, just widened eyes, a smile and maybe leaning back from the scene a bit.

Man this ran deeper than she thought.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 21:08:19 GMT -6 »

Rebecca jumps at the sound of heavy banging on the door, momentarily distracted and eyes going wide as Enya opens to door to reveal Sarah! She'd sent the text to her friend in hopes of preventing another ambush and letting her deal with Aaron when she liked and on her own terms, but apparently this also works!

She lets Sarah say her peace with a frown as she pinches the bridge of her nose. After a moment, she shakes her head.

"Dude, are you selectively deaf, or is your brain oozing out of your ears? You just heard what Eroc has to say, and why he's upset, but you're so bloody determined to defend yourself that you're not listening. At all." This was beyond stubborn. She plants her hands on her hips, blunt but not cocky.

"Which is the main reason you're here? To actually apologize to people, or to not be remembered as 'that guy,' just in case something goes wrong?

"If it's the first case, fine, but you have your answer."  She just looks at Sarah and waits for her to get to whatever she's going to say. She's assuming the popularity contest comment has to do with Eric, too.

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016 21:28:46 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 18:58:58 GMT -6 »

Eric was just as surprised when Sarah burst into their Pod and started yelling at Aaron. Confusion flew across his face as his gaze shifted between everyone in the room. Now he felt like he missed something, and the last thing he wanted to do was keep arguing about this, he said his piece. And what was going on between him and Sarah just wasn't his business, and at this moment he couldn't find it in him to care.

"I'm going to my room, you know where I am if you need me." He'd say as he started off toward his room.

Hopefully when all of this was over, because now he just wanted to lay down.

Quick Reply