Author Topic: Bound to happen (open) (Read 623 times)
steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
« Jul 23, 2009 9:19:28 GMT -6 »

It was bound to happen, he had managed to avoid it so far but it was just the way some people were. He didn't understand it, maybe it was the fact he kept to himself most of the time, made him easy to gang up. Maybe it was the whole jock versus geek ideal, Steven thought realizing the he had referred to himself as a geek in his mind which he wasn't really.

It been a decent day up to this point. Around a week into to having started and he was enjoying it, in fact for once he was reading because of school for once and not for his own enjoyment but he liked it anyway. He had been sitting under one smaller well kept trees the lined the sides of the pathway through part of the campus park, taking notes in a small pad of paper as he read the book.

Then it happened, a few student of different ages, from the uniforms, he knew them to be from the high school, and not the university or military school. 4 of them different build and looks but all short compared to himself, they must have been at most only high school sophomores.

Out of the four, one walked up to him and calmly and kicked the book from his hand. The book had flew from his hand and Steven rolled to the side and to his feet, to avoid another kick aimed at his side. Now on his feet Steven gave the leader a strange look. "Wow you're not very smart, you may have friends but I'm like 3 years older then you." Steven said taking a guest at their ages.

"So what, age is nothing, me and my mates are looking for some entertainment and thats you, unlucky for you." The guy replied and laughed, his friends stepping up beside me. Steven considered saying it was unlucky for them for choosing to pick a random fight with him, but 4 against 1 was unfair for him.

Steven knew that if he may be a problem whatever ever happened. If he didn't protect himself he would be beaten up just to entertain some punks, If he managed to beat each of them the rumor might spread, and these guys could end up have stronger friend. Steven was considering his option, stand and fight or run and lose face. Well if he fought and lost he might lose face, literally Steven vain but he like the way he looked. "Forget this." Steven said standing ready to fight and fight he did.

He didn't know how long it lasted but, he was right 4 freshmen, he had decided on now, didn't really have a chance against a older, faster and experienced fighter, didn't mean he hadn't been hurt. Steven could feel a large bruise starting to from on the right side face, right on the cheek bone as well, He could feel a few other bruise under shirt but ignored them.

Bending down to the unconscious form of the first of the group, the only one on the ground as the rest had ran off when this one went down, he searched the guy for a wallet. He wasn't going to do what some might have and take his money or anything that was stupid. Instead he pulled the only form of idea the guy had and took it with him as he went back to where he had been sitting.

Grabbing the pen he wrote the name down in the back of the pad, found the book he was meant to be reading and picked them all up fitting what he could into his pocket of his coat, has threw the ID back in the general direction of the guy before turning to walk off before the guys friends came back, rubbing the bruise on his face as he walked away. "Idiots." he muttered

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
« Jul 25, 2009 0:29:33 GMT -6 »

(Short, but there's not much for me to do here at the moment.)

[/b]

Ryorin said as Steven made the idiot remark. More fools then idiots but there wasn't much of a difference between the two worlds. The schools were full of students who believed numbers were the best, but when they tried to bully someone who had experience and such they found out that numbers were hardly the thing that mattered. That was one of the first thing Ryorin's master told her so many years when she started her martial arts training.

"Although it is understandable. With how young they are in the school, they are seen as easy targets by the older students and have to gang up to survive. These guys just got a bit too hot-headed for their own good and went further than surviving."

Ryorin looked back to Steven.

"Although it is a good thing I didn't have to step in and help you out there."[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 0:30:24 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
    steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
    « Jul 25, 2009 2:15:06 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Let the confusion between different 552 version of Steven begin. ^_^ LOL.)

i]"Don't worry about them. The Collective and every Corporal Punishment school are full of idiots."
    [/i]

"I know, my last school was the same. Kind of hoped moving past high school would have changed things thought."
    Steven said turning his head to look at the owner of the voice who had obviously spoken to him. Steven tried putting a age to her but it was a mix up. She was quite short compared to him really, but for she was saying he would have to guess she was older then her size would make him assume.

The women, girl didn't fit, spoke again her words were a mix between explaining, justifying and dismissing the action of the guys who had attacked him. He understood what she meant, if had been smart enough to go around in a group when he was a high school freshmen he would have a lot less scars.

"Although it is a good thing I didn't have to step in and help you out there."

"I'm not sure I would call it a good thing, It would have been a good thing if they had been no need at all."
    Steven musing more to himself then speaking to the women but smiling at her nevertheless. "Glad that someone round here will pay interest for moral reason though, it reminds me a little of what I was like." Steven said, considering introducing himself. "Rosett." He said plainly, hoping that she would pick up that it was a name. It was nice to meet someone new, especially if they would have been willing to help you in a fight.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
    « Jul 25, 2009 2:28:32 GMT -6 »

[/b]

If Ryorin did help him, they would still be outnumbered, but 4 against 1 had a better effect on people than 4 against 2. It probably wouldn't have mattered either way, but you never know. It was good to know that some people could take care of themselves and Ryorin didn't have to step in and protect people sometimes.

"Ryorin. Just a girl fighting an outnumbered cause."

She was referring to her war against the system, but her fight was different than most of the others. Most others fought the system with violence, which NEVER worked. They had been doing it for years and if it did work if would've worked already. Instead, the system was much stronger because of the fight against the system. Most failed to realize how to really fight the system, which was why Ryorin was outnumbered.[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
      « Jul 25, 2009 2:43:47 GMT -6 »

A outnumbered cause? Steven question went through his mind, she could mean many different thing and assuming that her goal was similar to his would be a stupid thing to do. What to say in response, it came to Steven a little bit history in some carefully worded advice could help most in most case, and possibly lead this women away from violence if that was her aim, not that he expect it was her aim.

"Well just remember better to be Martin Luther King, then a Malcolm X you may end up going through hardship,but at least you don't get shot." If she was smart she would pick up what it meant, if she didn't she didn't. Words were useful but sometimes they didn't and you just had either speak louder or walk away.

"I think it be smart if we keep on walking away from here, If you want to talk still your welcome to come with. I just don't like the idea of sticking around to long, that it be comes 12 against 2 or something like that."
      Steven in his normal calm voice with only a hint of annoyance at being force to move from his reading spot because of those guys attacking him.

Steven glanced back at where the fight had been and started walking again, looking over to the women, actually hoping that she would come with, wondering which school of the three she came from.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 2:44:13 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
      shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
      « Jul 25, 2009 3:02:18 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She was more concerned about a teacher coming up than any other friends these guys had. Chances are they could handle others that came by, since they would probably be intimidated with their four friends being knocked out, especially if they were inexperienced as those four were. Ryorin was a fighter where more numbers against her worked better. She was quick and could use their numbers against each other.

However, if a teacher or staff person came by, who knows what would happen. Not to mention it would be both wierd and suspicious with Ryorin and Steven standing there having a casual conversation with four unconcious students by them. Even Ryorin would feel uneasy.

"Being outnumbered is common when you're fighting for a cause. At least most of the time it is."

She said as she walked. It was being outnumbered and showing strength, courage, and will that drove the outnumbered to reaching their goal.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 3:03:41 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
        steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
        « Jul 25, 2009 3:23:11 GMT -6 »

Steven didn't really know where he was going, he hadn't decided so he just walked. She was right about being out numbered when fighting for a cause, he had been out numbered many times before. Just because he knew thats the way thing normally worked he didn't have to like it did he. "I understand where coming from, but it hard to change thing round here, when one person stands against many. Even all the people who want to change thing can decided to work in the same way, and end up causing more chaos." Steven said, meaning his goal to change the school system and how others alway wanted to do it a different way.

What he didn't know, his own goal was closer to the women's, who had yet to give and name, goal then he realized. He should have asked really, but didn't know that it was important enough to ask about, or if she would say. Looking off in to the distance, Steven tried to figure out where he was going, from the amount of building ahead he knew weren't school ones it was probably the campus town. 'Could always get some food before heading back to my dorm.' Steven thought to himself.

"Hungry?"
        Steven said simply.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
        « Jul 25, 2009 13:02:16 GMT -6 »

[/b]

There she went, her stomach speaking before her brain, on the very rare occasion that it did. You'd think that with her high metabolism and her love for food these eighteen years she might've gotten a bit more control over that, but what could she say? She loved cooking food and enjoying food, but because of that she also grew critical of bad food, but she rarely showed it. She understood that some people were innately bad cooks, even if they tried with their very heart and soul. It was those arrogant cooks that destroyed food that got on her nerves.

But enough of her feelings on that subject. It's not like Steven wanted to know all of that.

"What do you have in mind?"[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
          « Jul 25, 2009 17:24:32 GMT -6 »

Now that she had asked about what sort of food he had thinking he realized he didn't even think of something. Normally he would walk on autopilot until he found either a diner of cafe of some thought and eat there. "Didn't really think of anything in particular. Could just walk through the campus town until we some think that looks decent." Steven said as he put a hand into one of his pockets, a pushing a finger inside the wallet counting the number of notes inside by touch, he should have enough to pay for two people instead of one, he thought not even considering that Shu might want to pay for herself.

"Or if you like sandwiches, I have enough stuff food in my dorm to probably feed, half the collective in sandwiches." He said, his money savvy mind finally kicking in, making him realized he shouldn't be spending all his money in to he found a part time job in the area. His cousin would help him for awhile but not forever. Those sandwiches sounded good to him, but he would let Shu decided. Suddenly thinking of something he needed to by, a mini fridge for his room, so he didn't use up the space in the dorm fridge on his stuff alone.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
          « Jul 25, 2009 17:45:57 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Ryorin thought, trying to make a joke, but one didn't come to her head. Her family were millionaires...yeah, she had the money. She decided not to make a joke about it. It might be seen by Steven as her bragging and bloating about her money and that's something she did NOT do. Yeah, she was rich, but she didn't let that lead her life. She couldn't stand people like that.

"As for sandwiches, I'm thinking a little bit more...eh, what's the word...exotic, so to say."

Exotic perhaps wasn't the word either, but it's the only thing that came to mind. Pasta, Beef, Steak, FIsh, those few out of many food came to mind. Sandwiches just didn't seem right at the time.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 17:46:56 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
            steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
            « Jul 25, 2009 18:07:50 GMT -6 »

When Shu offered to pay for food, Steven was in two different states of mind, arguing. Not like a man with Multiply personalties would, but just in that way where you think and can't decided and tried talking yourself in to a certain choice. He could take her offer let her pay for everything, things were tight and there was no shame in that, he could decline insist on paying to keep to British chivalrous ways he had picked up from his father, or go half and half, and probably be on the opposite side to a argument many men and women have had over buying stuff.

Steven keep the conflict from his face, and just mused for a few seconds, only just hearing the turning down of his sandwiches and mention of of exotic food. "Thanks, I'd be a idiot myself if I didn't accept the offer of a attractive women demanding I let her buy me food." Steven said with a playful smirk of a smile, and a voice that would make it hard to tell if he was joking about, or sliding some flirting because he could.

"Don't really know what you mean by exotic. To me exotic is a meal that doesn't either have a load of bread or pastry of some kind, or one that isn't meat and mash. I eat the same things most of the time." Steven said, and it was true.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
            « Jul 25, 2009 19:16:45 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She spoke to herself. When Steven mentioned what an exotic meal was, Ryorin wondered what the guy ate everyday. Obviously, he seemed quite tight in the money department.

"Makes me wonder what you eat all the time."[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
              « Jul 25, 2009 19:31:24 GMT -6 »

Steven puzzled over the last thing Shu just said, and notice something. "I think you misunderstood me, that is what I eat normally, anything but that stuff I consider exotic." Steven said, it was his fault, he had spoken in a way that could be misunderstood, not on purpose of course just he fell in speaking in certain ways and using certain words sometimes without noticing sometimes.

"But It doesn't really matter to me, good food is good food, no matter what it is. Exotic or not. So what kind of food were you thinking of then?" Steven asked, he did wonder. She looked Chinese or Japanese or something, he didn't know enough people from those sorts of places to really take a correct guess but while many Americans might consider say Chinese food as exotic or foreign, what did a possibly Chinese person think of a exotic.

Either way, unless it was something he hated that she ended up picking he wouldn't really care. She was offering to by her food and he was going to complain when he was getting free food.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
              « Jul 25, 2009 19:50:44 GMT -6 »

(PM Me for a different restaraunt. I was trying to think of something in real life, but if it doesn't work, like you don't know what it is, just PM me and I'll just make up a restaraunt that's basically the same thing.)

[/b]

Perhaps one of the most American restaraunts in America. If Steven was thinking that because she was Chinese and might pick something like that, he would be surprised. Just because she was Chinese didn't mean that everything about her was Chinese as well, if that made any sense.[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                « Jul 25, 2009 20:11:49 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Just looked up what it was, I know the sort of place. I would love to go to one of those next time in the USA, my sort of food.)

"Golden Corral, isn't that, that large American buffet place. Wouldn't normally go to a place that, but I love that sort of food, so why not." Steven said starting out slow as if thinking and speeding up, with a little excitement, lots of talking about food was starting to make him really hungry, and Golden Corral sounded like the perfect for him to eat until he could hardly move.

"Wouldn't have a idea, where one was round here so you'll have to lead the way." Steven said, eventually he would know where most things in the area were, but it would take time for him to see the area and not forget it.

"Wouldn't really call it exotic, but that because American and British food is almost the same." Steven said, realizing just to late that he had given away where he was from. He tried to hold back a little about him back, out of habit. Not that his voice, and possibly his name, if she happened to know old fashioned English names which he very much doubted she did, but his voice she might. It didn't really matter but she knew his origin now, and he had yet to figure out hers exactly.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                « Jul 25, 2009 20:22:44 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Yeah, it was a fifteen minute trip, but that wasn't too far, was it?

"As for exotic, that was a bad word. Perhaps complex or high class might be better for it. When you said sandwich, I was just thinking, bread, cheese, ham, you know, cheap stuff."

And she had no problem with that. Cheap wasn't bad. Hell, that's all families could afford sometimes and that was their life. Having a problem with that food was like having a problem with those families.

"I was just thinking a little bit more...fulfilling, you know?"

Yeah, even though she didn't like it when rich people acted rich, she had lived her whole life with high quality and some of the best and that's something you couldn't take out of people sometimes.[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                  « Jul 25, 2009 20:38:17 GMT -6 »

'High Class?' Steven questioned in his mind, just who was this girl. The dig about sandwiches was true, but that was from choice. Now that he no longer was living in a flat paid for by his cousin and he had told him to start giving him less money. Just because he had decided to live with less did that make him low class. 'Whatever, she probably didn't mean any insult by it.' He thought.

Well finally food had been decided now, and Steven felt that the conversation about food could be left now, well until they were eating at least, now just to change the topic smoothly. Nothing smooth came to mind, okay blunt it was. "fulfilling like winning the cause of a fight previously mentioned maybe?" Steven said, he couldn't help he was curious. They may say curious killed the cat, so where was the harm he wasn't a cat.

"Sorry that was blunt!" He said, 'it was meant to be' his mind said but that Shu could not hear. "I was just curious, and all this food is making me so hungry I don't think I would reach the restaurant.If I didn't change the topic soon" He continued. Hopefully she wouldn't mind his prying, it was her business and not his really.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                  « Jul 25, 2009 21:06:49 GMT -6 »

[/b]

She asked, a common sign for him to ask it again, this time her mind actually working. She was usually quick witted, but even that was a quick change when food was the subject, and the state being blunt didn't help things either. She kind of got what he was talking about, but it needed repeating before she fucked up again and might say something else that might be offensive.[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                    « Jul 25, 2009 21:18:33 GMT -6 »

(OOC: sorry this is really short.)

He had meant to be blunt, but not blunt enough to catch her surprised. Well, he speak slow and clear. "I was just curious. You said you were just a girl fighting for a cause. Most around here and in any school nowadays that mean, the system. I was wondering if that was the case for you." Steven trying be as polite as he could be touching on something she dislike him asking about, she had mention it herself so he felt safe enough though.

He didn't know what else to say until, until she had answered him. If she said it was none of his business he would apologize but if she didn't mind,and the she was fighting the system. He would probably ask more. Only for the reason, once he had settled in he was going to try and change things himself.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                    « Jul 25, 2009 21:24:03 GMT -6 »

[/b]

If any student or person had half a brain the Punishment that occurred some time ago about the burning of uniforms and the 'stripping punishment' would tell students the truth. Violence wasn't the answer when fighting the system. If it was, the system would've been long gone by now.

"I'm different from those other's that fight the system with 'normal means'."

There was a good chance Steven knew what she meant by normal means.[/size][/color][/ul]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                      « Jul 25, 2009 21:44:31 GMT -6 »

Steven listened to Shu as she explained that her goal was to change the system but to do so without the 'normal means' the use of violence. In response Steven looked up to the sky and wondered if some god had chosen to play a joke on him or something. He didn't believe in god or any gods, but sometimes certain coincidences seemed out bit out there. "That's interesting, it's quite strange that we met but I'm glad I asked now. As I want to change things with the 'normal' means, I seen it been tried and been hurt in the process. Violence will never work." Steven said running a hand over the top of his head, pushing one of his bangs behind his ear as he and then pulling forward again.

"Still, people who think like us, a out numbered and no student, no parent or politician will listen, to the fact change is needed. Quite sad really." Steven said his getting quite to the end,as if he meant to mutter the part about it being sad. "How exactly are you planning to change things then?" Steven asked. Starting to wonder how much longer it would be until they reached the restaurant. When they got, maybe they could come up with some sort of plan together, some better then one of them could of thought of alone.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                      « Jul 25, 2009 21:58:15 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Her steps slowed a bit as she started to think. How was she going to go about changing things? That was the big question. Even if she knew the truth that violence wasn't the answer that was hardly the fight right there. That was barely the beginning. There was more to it than that.

"Honestly, I don't have a way that I'm confident enough will work yet. All I know is that I can't do this alone. That's impossible. I need support from people that see things my way. Once I get those people to help me, I can make plans that play to the strengths of the people helping me."

If was the first time in awhile that Ryorin admitted that she wasn't confident in something. She was confident in a lot of things in life but even trying to do something like this the most confident person would be lacking. That's the effect that war or something along those lines had it people. It was a scary thought sometimes.[/size][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 22:32:13 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
                        steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                        « Jul 25, 2009 22:20:30 GMT -6 »

So she wasn't confident in anything she had thought up yet, and she was right more people would have to listen. He knew he said no one listen but that was a exaggeration on his part, very few would listen. He wondered briefly if the system would ever change but shook the thought out of his head. "Well, I'm willing to help, not sure exactly what I could though, I'm not really good at much except reading and writing." Steven said knowing that he was selling himself short. Hopefully it would boost here confidence to have someone to agree to help though.

"I know a couple people who think like us, but the problem is they are all back in my old school. Kind of wish some of them where down here too."
                        Steven said meaning his old friend Lee from back in New York. "I do have a couple idea's how to make people listen though. Not perfect and not guaranteed as nothing is, but it would probably get some people to listen, and not even just students." Steven said, he would give his idea's if she asked for them. It had it down side like any plan and if he did tell she might not like it that much.

shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                        « Jul 25, 2009 22:35:48 GMT -6 »

[/b]

It was the simple truth. You never knew if a person was truly going to be useful or not. Everyone was useful. Saying someone wasn't useful...Ryorin just didn't haven't the heart to say it and in her heart she didn't believe that way. She believed everyone could help the cause.

"Either way, I don't gain anything from sitting here and refusing anything you might be willing to help with. That would be truly foolish."

Even if nothing Steven said really helped, she believed something would come of it. She had to believe.[/size][/ul][/color]

steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Bound to happen (open)
                          « Jul 27, 2009 6:55:32 GMT -6 »

"Well it's not much, and it completely finished." Steven started when Shu said that she would accept his help. In a manner similar to he had said he would accept her offer of paying food. "I guess it could be summed up public outrage." He finished. Reaching inside another pocket, Steven pulled out the notepad he had been using before, as well as a pen.

Flicking to the page before the one which the freshmen from before name on. He started scribbling quickly. It wouldn't take long really. Once finished he would tear the page out from the book and pass it to Shu.

When Shu looked at it she would see one of those diagrams, three circles crossed over in the center to create other section. Each main circle had a name of a type of media. Internet, TV and Newspaper. Under them were each a short list of schools, yet the middle section remained clear.

"You see people have tried publicity before but never done every single thing that can, it took me ages to just find the list of school were student had tried things like what I'm thinking." Steven said explaining the digram. He could have explain what he meant with the diagram without using but writing was quicker then speaking.