Author Topic: Pod 7: Eliott, Mark, Angel, Piper (Read 5,386 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Pod 7: Eliott, Mark, Angel, Piper
« Nov 15, 2015 18:40:43 GMT -6 »

Angel again. But this time, he had a point. Aaron'd forgotten about the mission, for a bit there. Still, he stayed where he was for a bit longer, letting Piper rest on him, his arm unconsciously sliding down to around her waist if she let it. Maybe it came at a good time, too, because he'd not been sure where to go from here, where she'd be okay with things going. What would his dad have done? Probably made a move by now, but was it the right time? What move to make?

Well, they couldn't stay like this all day.

"Just a minute, we'll be right there. Go tell 'em not to leave without us."

This was important, too. If they were too slow, a man would die. Maybe a bad man, a man who hated him for sure, but still a man. A life that had value. Even if nobody'd thank him for it, he couldn't let it happen. Let him go home to his family, even if he did have his beliefs.

"Wish we didn't have to go, but they need us." He'd step up off the bed, giving his arm if she wanted the hand up. An excuse to keep in contact. "But, um, hey. After the mission... remember I offered to show you around sometime? Dunno if you've explored the city much, but maybe when we're done there we can go out? Just you and me."

Worth a shot, right? Whatever possessed him to ask, it felt like he might as well.

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016 13:45:07 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman - Reason: Just caught this » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 15, 2015 18:48:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

The moment she heard Angel's voice, a slow sort of smile crossed Piper's face. Of course... Somebody had to interrupt. Again. Of course. She let his hand fall to her waist, but she knew the moment had passed. Whatever had almost happened, whatever had been in the air between them... It passed.

She let him let her go without a word, sighing and sitting up a bit straighter. She had to keep her mouth shut this time. She didn't want to talk about how stupid she found this entire thing, how irritated she was by the idea of saving some ungrateful fool. Still, it meant so much to him, and she was going to let him do what he needed.

Taking his arm, she stood up, about ready to give up on everything, when he offered the date. It was unexpected but obviously welcome, her fingers still wrapped gently around his arm. There was a softness to her features. "That... Sounds great, Aaron. Better than you know." Not bothering to hesitate, she pushed up onto her toes, brushing her lips across his cheek in another brief, fleeting kiss.

Then, she would break contact. She let go of Aaron and moved towards the bathroom. "I'll be out shortly," she said a little louder, to Aaron and Angel, both. "Just let me get a few things together, and we'll go meet the Wonder Twins."

Stupid, useless idiots...

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 17, 2015 14:52:57 GMT -6 »

Huh, well okay. She took that really well. Aaron'd leaned forwards to give her a peck on the cheek of his own, but then she broke away from him and was heading for the bathroom. Hrm.

Well, they did have to get ready. That much was true. The mission was more important than what he wanted right now. And so he would wait by the bathroom door, amusing himself by making the shadows on the walls dance while she got ready.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 17, 2015 14:58:20 GMT -6 via mobile »

Dressing herself in simple, formfitting clothes, she tied her hair into a ponytail. It didn't take long; unlike most girls, Piper didn't fret in front of a mirror, especially not when it was a mission. It wasn't as if she needed to look good for anybody.

However, what did take a moment was finding her folded blade and slipping it into the inner seam of her boot. If she had the leather, she would have strapped another one to her thigh. But she didn't. One would have to do.

Only a few minutes had passed and she was done, ready to go. Taking a deep breath, she stared at her eyes in her reflection. "People could die, today," she whispered to her victim. "Don't fail them."

A pep talk? Not quite. But it was good enough to chase away her tingling sensation. She waited only a second longer before coming out of the pristine bathroom. She startled slightly when she saw Aaron, still waiting for her, but offered him a soft smile. "Ready?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 18, 2015 18:51:12 GMT -6 »

The shadows abruptly stopped dancing as the door opened, though not so abruptly that Piper couldn't see the tail end of the little "performance". She was quick to get ready, a good trait when a mission was coming up. Now, was he ready? There was a question for the ages. One he didn't answer until taking in the fit of her clothes for just a moment longer than proper.

"Much as I'll ever be." He wouldn't bother stopping to grab a weapon or anything; his shadows did just fine, and if this went pear-shaped, having a gun or knife on hand wouldn't help. Besides, it would be stalling, and stalling might make him lose his nerve. "Unless you'd like a little something for good luck, before we're out there."

It came out less smooth than he thought, but he wasn't used to making moves.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 18, 2015 18:58:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

She would have to ask him to perform for her, one day. She loved how the shadows looked.

However, that was for another day. They didn't have time to play with anything anymore... The others were waiting for them, ready to go out and handle some shooter, some crowd, and who knew what else. She was just about to lead the way out of her room when he spoke again.

Light danced through her grey eyes, a smile slowly stretching across her face. It was the closest thing he had really said to hitting on her, and she enjoyed the attention.

Stepping closer to him, knowing the wall was behind him. She glanced down, raising one thin hand up, towards his face. Fingers would brush across his cheek as she lifted onto her toes, their bodies breaths away from each other.

But she didn't kiss him. Instead, she quietly whispered, "For luck?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 18, 2015 19:13:49 GMT -6 »

"Uh, yeah."

He hadn't expected her to get quite so close, but couldn't say he minded. It just caught his breath in his chest and froze his words in his throat, made him feel her breath on his face as she spoke. He almost shoved her away from him, made an excuse and ran out of there. His mind came to a halt and requested orders. Suggestions. Anything.

A girl in DC had once told him he talked too much. Thought too much.

Hell with it.

They were so close it was simple, just a little lean down and forwards. If she moved her head, she would get a soft kiss on the cheek. If not, he was fine doing the same but square on the lips.

"For luck."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 18, 2015 19:35:07 GMT -6 via mobile »

She let him kiss her, a soft and brief little kiss upon her lips. Despite herself, her eyes fluttered closed and a smile slowly crept across her face. It was a nice kiss... A gentle kiss, so very Aaron... So different from His demanding, brutal kisses. It didn't feel like he was trying to take anything from her... He was just giving.

A soft, content sigh fell from her lips. She continued to brush her fingers along his cheek, wanting to extend the contact for a moment longer. She wanted to touch him more, to be closer to him.

Before she moved away from him, she lifted herself up further, pressing her lips against his for another moment. It was still brief, still fleeting, but longer than the last one. She even took the time to brush her fingers into his hair before pulling away, falling back onto her flat feet.

"Good luck, Aaron," she said softly, smile still present as she stepped away from him.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 18, 2015 19:56:05 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, you too."

So that had just happened. Cool. Part of him wanted to pull her close and kiss her again, harder, maybe do a bit more than just kiss if she wanted, but there was a life to save. People who needed help. Evil that needed to be stopped. Those people wouldn't thank them, maybe they were risking themselves for nothing, but it was the right thing to do.

"Let's go be heroes."

He'd smile, get the pod door for her, then head out to meet the rest of the team.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 17:47:31 GMT -6 »

Eliott would pick up a watch and latch it to her wrist, intent on using the internet features to keep Eric updated.

She peers out of her room and looks around to see if Mark is in the living area.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 17:48:35 GMT -6 »

He is!

He's just standing there, staring at the television.

It's not on.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 17:52:30 GMT -6 »

What the heck is wrong with him?

Eliott types into her watch to complain about his weirdness before slowly approaching him.

"What are you doing?"

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:17:04 GMT -6 »

Mark turns his head at the sound, looking towards Eliott.

"....I don't know how to turn this on."

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:19:49 GMT -6 »

Furious typing before she rolls her eyes and groans.

"How do you not know how to turn it on? And infant could do it by accident!"

She wanders over to the couch and takes the controller.

"COME HERE, IDIOT. I WILL SHOW YOU."

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:21:05 GMT -6 »

Mark walks over, watching her intently.

He needs to memorize every movement, every action, in order to trigger this machine to start working...

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:23:12 GMT -6 »

Eliott holds the controller higher than usual so that Mark can see.

She moves her index finger.

And....

Presses the red "Power" button.

"That is one way. You can also yell at the Television 'On', or you can press the power button located near the screen."

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:24:36 GMT -6 »

"Understood. Thank you, Eliott."

He nods, turning back towards the television. He'd tried telling it to 'activate', but apparently that wasn't the right command.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:25:59 GMT -6 »

"You may repay me for my assistance."

Not an option.

Type, type.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:27:13 GMT -6 »

"How much money do you want?"

Mark turns back, beginning to get out his wallet.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:29:00 GMT -6 »

"I don't want that!" she yells, giving him a weak slap on the arm.

Stop it.

"I require your assistance in defending me and one other in dimensional exploration!"

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:30:22 GMT -6 »

He seems indifferent to the slap, and just puts his wallet back.

"Defending from what?"

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:33:31 GMT -6 »

"So far, giant monsters." she says, not looking away from her watch.

Her face suddenly looks angry though.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:35:08 GMT -6 »

"Understood."

That's as good as a yes.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:39:06 GMT -6 »

"We will need you in two days."

Give or take.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 18:42:35 GMT -6 »

But that's so far....

"Understood."

He almost sounds disappointed, before going to sit down on the couch and watch whatever channel was on.

Quick Reply