Author Topic: Pod 7: Eliott, Mark, Angel, Piper (Read 5,385 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Pod 7: Eliott, Mark, Angel, Piper
« Nov 10, 2015 15:49:48 GMT -6 »

"Yeah."

She'd scared him a bit, he couldn't lie. Something about the intensity she was going into it with, that look that came over her, and honestly? Just plain concern that if he couldn't get her to stop she was going to end up seriously hurt. Still, Paradigm had seen weirder, hadn't they? He was fine now, and she was still the person he'd been getting to know.

He'd give her a smile of his own, not tense, no judgement. Just concerned, maybe a little guilty.

"I should apologise, too. You know, dragging you into that stupid witch hunt with Adam."

And for letting the whole thing get so out of hand to begin with.

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2015 15:56:29 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 10, 2015 16:48:51 GMT -6 via mobile »

Adam. She couldn't help but roll her eyes, thinking of that arrogant bastard. She stayed sitting on her bed, leaning back slightly and looking over at him. Still, there was something equivalent to a mischevious smile across her face as she held his gaze.

"Speaking of. You owe me. That creep kissed me."

It was better to think about that instead of thinking about how he must feel, having seen her as a monster, as nothing but a masochist. He was young, she knew... Probably too young to fully grasp what happened. It was better to just talk about something else.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 10, 2015 17:10:32 GMT -6 »

"I saw that."

He wasn't sure why it'd gotten under his skin like it had, when he'd asked Piper to do what she could to get him to the Director's office. Adam really was kind of a creep though, wasn't he? It was his fault she got caught up in it, so no surprise she said he owed her.

"What do you have in mind?"

Something about that mischievous smile when she said it suggested she already had an idea. Not that he minded, he was just curious what she was thinking.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 10, 2015 17:26:45 GMT -6 via mobile »

Her eyes lit up as she watched irritation cross his features. It was brief, just a moment, but it was really all she needed. Maybe he wasn't jealous, but at the very least, he didn't like Adam, and even if she was lying to herself... It was nice to think he might want her.

She gave a dramatic shrug and sighed, as if she were thinking. "Oh, I don't know. I'm sure you'll come up with something."

She didn't mention what she wanted, what had been interrupted the night before. She didn't talk about how much she appreciated what he did for her, to her, and how much closer it made her feel to him. Oh no. She just left him thinking.

"The chocolates were definitely a good start, though."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 10, 2015 18:37:11 GMT -6 »

"Glad you like 'em."

Aaron knew very little about chocolate, except that the ones in a fancy box would be better than grabbing a Snickers. At least she appreciated them, though. Still left him having to figure out a good next move, but it was a start. If she let him, while he mulled over his thoughts he'd walk up to the bed and take a seat next to her, pausing to make sure she was okay with it first. He wouldn't want to impose.

"Angel said to bring flowers, but there aren't any good shops close enough."

Plus, still not convinced that wouldn't have been too much.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2015 12:09:02 GMT -6 via mobile »

She let him sit next to her on the bed, replacing the chocolates and smoothing out the pillow cases. Anything to keep her hands busy. It was strange for her to have invited a man into her room, where he could see how obsessively neat she was. It was worrisome to have him sitting so close to her, where he could see the strange, little things that made her so different.

Chuckling, she tried to ignore the strain she felt, and glanced at him from beneath her lashes. "Flowers?" She asked, teasingly. She gave a slight shake of her head and looked around her room. "They might be nice, but flowers are a bit of a mess. Especially live flowers."

She chuckled again, mostly to herself, as she remembered Angel's protective behavior. "He's a good guy. A bit daft, but good."

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2015 12:09:44 GMT -6 by Sarah White » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2015 22:22:58 GMT -6 »

"He seems all right."

Aaron didn't have much experience with him. Piper was the one that lived with the guy, after all, so her experience was worth more than his impression. For the most part, Aaron was of the mind that if you were at Paradigm, you probably had some decency somewhere, no matter how deep down it happened to be.

She was messing with the pillows again; he'd spotted it earlier, too, but why she would bother when the room looked perfectly neat - hell, it was in better shape than his - was anyone's guess. In all the worry and concern it hadn't quite sunk in that he'd just walked into some girl's room and casually sat down on her bed. While she was still there, too. He wasn't exactly planning to jump off the bed as if it were on fire, but that he'd just done it on autopilot was a bit of a surprise. Had he made her self conscious, being here? Usually she seemed more confident than that.

"I don't think the pillows are getting much straighter." Not making fun of her or trying to embarrass her by highlighting the fidgeting, just broaching the subject with a smile and some gentle humour. Maybe returning a little bit of the teasing about the chocolates and flowers. "Something on your mind?"

She seemed tense, somehow, and not just because she was recovering from yesterday.

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2015 5:15:03 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2015 22:35:02 GMT -6 via mobile »

She chuckled, thinking about all of the things she and Angel had broke during their short time at Paradigm. They really didn't see much of the other two roommates, but it wasn't like she was looking for them. Neither seemed social, and she let them have their privacy. It meant that she had hers.

As she was straightening the pillows, however, he said something about it. Slender fingers hesitated over the fabric for a brief moment as she thought about it, about why she was so focused on making sure everything was perfect. There was nothing on the floor, nothing out a line. Perhaps it was a show of OCD. She hadn't ever really thought about it.

Chuckling, she forced her hands back into her lap, staring down at them. She gave a slight shake of her head, thinking about his question before answering. He was the first person she had welcomed into her room, and something was telling her that it just wasn't perfect enough. "I was always responsible of keeping the rooms clean," she said softly, swallowing back her uncertainty before turning to look at him. "They always had to be perfect, especially if they were inspected. And my room hasn't ever really been inspected by a man, before."

The only time anything had been inspected by a man, after all, was when she was keeping His home clean for Him, and He never expected it to maintain the perfection the church expected. She couldn't help that little laugh at the thought, finally focusing her attention on Aaron. "I guess you don't really know much about me, hmm?" Not like anybody here really did, except Silas.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2015 23:02:01 GMT -6 »

"Just what you've told me."

That hadn't exactly been enough to fill a book, but she'd told enough for him to paint a bit of a picture, and an interesting one at that. She seemed to be someone who valued her privacy, so as much as he'd been grateful for what bits she'd been willing to say, he'd tried not to pry too much. Last thing he wanted was to make her uncomfortable. Sure, he'd asked things, and she'd said she didn't mind his questions, but it always felt like there was only so far it was proper to dig.

The Church definitely seemed like it'd left its impression on her, though. Not entirely a good one, either; he'd already known that from how she told him she crossed oceans to get away from it all, but whenever it came up it got even clearer.

"It looks fine in here, though. Really comfortable." His own room wasn't exactly a war zone, but she clearly paid much more attention to hers than he did. "I don't think you need to worry."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2015 23:10:59 GMT -6 via mobile »

She laughed, more to herself than to him, and looked around the room. It was a mess, in her mind. There were so many things she needed to clean up, but she simply didn't have the tools. Maybe they were in the bathroom, but she had a difficult time going in there. Most people wouldn't call Eliot messy, but in comparison? It was awful.

Piper glanced at her night table, where she had placed the box of chocolates. "My mother would have my head. She used to come in with this white glove..." She made a noise of pure irritation. "I haven't deep cleaned this place yet, and of course she'd throw out the chocolates the moment she saw them."

Fond of the pure rebellion, she reached out and brushed her fingers across the box in a loving caress, a gentle smile crossing her features. "Of course, if she found out a man gave them to me, she would probably have a heart attack. So maybe it's worth it."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 11, 2015 23:57:46 GMT -6 »

The laugh earned her a slightly perplexed look, but it didn't really seem directed at Aaron, so he relaxed. It wasn't about him, after all, it was about letting her open up if she wanted. Personally, the place still seemed fine to him, but obviously she'd been raised to much higher standards. Or, at least, much less permissive ones.

Something about the comment on the chocolates drew a chuckle from him. Maybe it was the feeling of helping someone else rebel a little, or the contrast from his own life. As long as he wasn't being a complete disrespectful slob, and was diligent in his studies, his parents had given him a fair amount of leeway; granted, part of that was because they knew Paradigm would keep him in line when he started his studies there, but still. He'd never met Piper's mother, obviously, probably never would, so he couldn't judge her thoroughly as a person, but Piper seemed much happier being out from under her thumb.

"Long as you're happy with it, it's worth it," he offered, before pausing. Hold on... "I mean, the chocolates, not heart attacks."

The first part was the important bit. And he'd have been lying to himself if he said it didn't feel nice, that she seemed to enjoy something he gave her so much. He would try to shrug off tying himself into a conversational knot, looking around the room but for the life of him still unable to spot anything off.

"If it's bugging you that much, well, I do owe you. I can't see anything wrong really, still don't think you have anything to worry about, but I could help tidy things up if you wanted."

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2015 3:13:33 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 12, 2015 10:09:10 GMT -6 via mobile »

A man, helping her clean her room? That damned woman would be screaming hypocrisies while ripping out her hair. She would hate the very thought, and that alone made it delicious. Piper smiled slightly, but ended up shaking her head. "Really, I just need to know where to get some cleaning supplies."

She reached out and moved to place a hand atop one of Aaron's, to wrap her fingers gently around it and hold it carefully. It might not seem like anything big or monumentous to him, but to her, it was more than she had ever done with a boy in her room.

"Thanks, Aaron," she said softly, leaning towards him ever so slightly. She was smiling, her eyes light once more, despite the darkness of her thoughts. The rebel in her was enjoying this moment way too much.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 12, 2015 10:44:13 GMT -6 »

"Probably Home Depot. There's got to be a bunch of stores like it in the city."

He'd gone to reach into a pocket and pull out his phone, to start the search, when she took his hand instead. That was fine, too. He was getting used to that pretty quickly, by now, and this time didn't even blush. All he'd done was offer to help clean an already-clean room, but hey, obviously it meant more to her; who was he to judge?

She had really pretty eyes. They kept doing that colour changing thing now and then, sometimes much duller and sometimes much brighter. Asking somebody about their eyes was kind of a faux-pas, but he'd not known anyone else who did that. He found himself looking anyway, though, and placed his free hand on hers for a moment. Just long enough to show the contact was welcome, and get a feel for what she thought of it.

"Hey, no problem. You know me, always like to help."

He noticed the leaning, but wasn't sure what exactly she was doing. He leaned a little closer to her though, curious about what would happen.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015 2:06:30 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 13, 2015 2:44:41 GMT -6 via mobile »

Her fingers gently tightened around his as he rested his hand on hers and her gaze softened, her smile growing upon her face. The contact was warm, especially compared to the coldness of the Chicago fall, something she was far from familiar with. He was welcome, comfortable... She didn't know how he had become so prominent in her mind in such little time, but whatever the reason... She tried to not think too much about it.

After all, they were sitting here, in her room, enjoying a moment of closeness. It was something she had been denied her entire life, until Him... And He wasn't exactly known for his kindness.

"Aaron," she said softly, her free hand reaching to brush gentle fingers across his cheek, mimicking the action of pushing invisible hairs away. She was still smiling, still holding his hand, and they were fairly close to each other, to the moment that had been robbed from them the night before. "What do you think of me?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 1:34:31 GMT -6 »

Well, wasn't that a question and a half. What he thought of her? Well, he knew the answer to that, but it was a lot of answering. The smile on her face, the expectation in her voice, the way she kept touching him, it made it a little difficult to put his thoughts together. Not that it didn't feel nice, just so distracting.

He could hear his own heartbeat as he went to reply, found his mouth too dry to say anything, closed it and tried again. Relax. She'd invited him in here, she wanted to hear from him, so give her an answer. Breathe. Don't be a weirdo.

"I, um, I like you." Like, or like? He wasn't sure he could say, they hadn't known each other that long. Couldn't it be a bit of both? Saying for sure felt like jumping the gun. "You're really interesting, I like being around you and getting to know you, and it's really easy to talk to you even though usually when I'm getting to know someone I'm always watching what I say." Well, okay, "really easy" was an overstatement, but he could look at her and hold a conversation and she could touch him and he didn't feel like he was going to have a heart attack. "Plus you're, you know, really pretty, and I am saying way too much aren't I?"

Oh God, it'd all just come out and this was a mess and he didn't mean to say so much. He'd ask what she thought of him but after all that word bombardment it was a bit much. Not that he's not interested, but he should let her digest all of that, not immediately turn the conversation to him.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2015 1:34:48 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 10:45:10 GMT -6 via mobile »

Her laughter was kind and tinkling as he answered her question so nervously. She should have expected something like that... After all, it wasn't exactly an easy question, no matter your opinion on somebody.

She would lean forward and brush a butterfly soft kiss across his cheek, so gentle he might question if it ever happened, before standing up. He liked her. He could talk to her. She was pretty. He was nervous. It was a good enough answer for her.

She moved silently across the room, towards her closet, where her jacket sat hanging on the doorknob. The only thing out of place. She slid it off and went to hang it up, speaking without looking at him.

"You can never say too much, mate. Not to me."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 18:03:55 GMT -6 »

"Oh, well. Good to know."

He watched her walk over and hang up her jacket, unsure if he was supposed to do anything, red spreading across his cheek where she'd given him that little kiss. For a second the line blurred between if he was watching her or checking her out, too, but he tried to keep things respectful. Not that she could see him, since her back was turned, but it was about principles.

What happened next, though? She seemed to... maybe like what he said? But he wasn't sure where to go from there. So for the moment he stayed on her bed and waited to see what she'd do.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 18:33:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

Piper took her time hanging up her jacket, hiding her smile from him for a moment longer. She contemplated his answer, everything he said, and it was difficult for her to not feel an odd sort of giddiness. She felt butterflies in her stomach, despite everything. He was younger, still innocent, and she knew she would end up breaking his heart.

It was just who she was. If He ever came back for her... She would break his heart.

Still, that wasn't a thought she wanted to have. So, instead, she turned back to him, seeing his blush creeping across his face. She chuckled, more to herself, and moved back over towards him. "You're an interesting one, Aaron." She said with a shake of her head.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 19:49:53 GMT -6 »

"In a good way, I hope."

The shake of her head was a little hard to read, but the smile was a good sign. He shifted aside a little to let her sit by him, if she wanted. He'd said a lot, he was letting her take the lead on wherever things went from there; it was her room, after all.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 22:22:52 GMT -6 via mobile »

Piper smiled as she moved to sit next to Aaron on the bed, a bit closer than she had been sitting before. She didn't bother trying to touch him, despite what she wanted. She enjoyed the idea of leaning against him again, much like she had during breakfast, that early morning.

"I think so," she said, gently. She tilted her head to one side, her smile still upon her face. "Why? Do you have low self-esteem, Aaron?"

It was meant as a tease, but the words sounded more curious than anything.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 22:42:46 GMT -6 »

"I don't think so? I was just curious what you were thinking."

Especially after she'd asked something so similar. The tease didn't register to him under the circumstances, but he let her sit by, closer. She leaned against him, and slowly, tentatively, he would put an arm around her, testing the waters to see if she'd let him touch her. If she didn't seem uncomfortable at the first contact, he would be more confident with it, not too tight but just holding her there. The blush faded a little.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 14, 2015 22:52:50 GMT -6 via mobile »

She appreciated the contact, the way his arm felt around her shoulders. She smiled again and let herself rest against him, feeling as if he wanted to be near her, as if maybe it wasn't completely one sided.

Quiet fell over them and she allowed herself to enjoy it for a moment, thinking about how calm they're interactions seemed to be. She didn't ever feel the need to say anything around him. Sometimes, they could just... Be.

"Thank you again for the chocolates," she murmured.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 15, 2015 1:05:20 GMT -6 »

He could've let that silence, the two of them sitting on her bed with her leaning against him, go on all day, but talking was fine too. Sitting here and having quiet conversations like this was better than hitting her, any day. Good thing he was looking for other sparring partners for her, because he wasn't sure he could ever do that again.

And he'd said right to her face he thought she was pretty and interesting and someone he liked being around, and she didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable. That was a bit of a weight off him. Careful not to touch her bruises, he would pull in his grip just a little, to hold her that small amount closer.

"Any time; I tried to find the nicest ones." Well, not one of those super fancy chocolate shops where everything was a thousand bucks, that would've been going way too far. But nice enough to impress but fall short of pretentious. "Hope you like 'em."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 15, 2015 1:48:41 GMT -6 via mobile »

She let him pull herself closer and smiled a bit softer at the contact, enjoying that he seemed so interested in touching her. Yes, there was a slight amount of pain that echoed through her body, but it only made the moment more intimate to her. It reminded her what he had done for her.

Chuckling softly, she tucked her head against his shoulder, giving a gentle nod and resting there with him, letting the quiet envelope them once more. She didn't want to think about anything.

Her eyes even managed to flutter closed, her breath catching slightly. She raised a hand and brushed her fingers across his, enjoying the contact. He seemed uncertain about how to move forward, or maybe he wasnt sure if he wanted to. She let him exist in that awkward place, wondering, herself, what to do and where to go from here.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 15, 2015 17:53:35 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would knock on the door.

"Ahem. Hey guys, hate to break this up but we have to get ready for our assignment the other two are ready and waiting and we don't have long to get to the rally before everything goes down."

Angel would say through the closed door.

Quick Reply