Author Topic: First Day On The Job. [Plot; Cassandra+Faculty) (Read 324 times)
akimoto

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

First Day On The Job. [Plot; Cassandra+Faculty)
« Jul 24, 2009 8:19:31 GMT -6 »

He yawned as the car pulled into the parking lot with a low purr from the engine, blinking back the last vestiges of tiredness from his body. Whilst he was more than capable of rising before seven each morning, and often did so, he wasn't immune to the effect it had. Problematic, perhaps, but inconsequential. Ignoring it as he idled the engine, then brought it to a stop, he stepped out into the cool morning air and took a long breath.

Chula Vista wasn't quite the metropolis the Marina district was, that was for sure, quite the opposite. A decent looking place all round, but being less urban than his usual haunt he was relishing the clearer air most of all. With a smile growing, he stretched his arms out and popped his shoulders lightly, shrugging himself back together and pocketing the keys.

'Well, wouldn't want to be late for class...'

He chuckled to himself as he strode on in towards the main entrance for the building, unhooking the light jacket he'd tossed on over his button-down and hanging it over his shoulder as he pushed one of the twin-doors into the communal building, housing the majority of the facilities shared by both schools, he assumed. Probably cheaper than having separate set-ups for each one. A dull 'clack' of his shoes on the well-maintained looking floor was all that really got his ears for the time being as he approached what he assumed was the reception desk. Nobody looked up for the first few seconds, but as his footsteps grew louder the girl manning the counter raised her head with a curious gaze, quickly turning to a blush as she composed herself.

"Good morning, my names Mr. Akimoto, I'm due to start today but I was asked to check in with the boss before anything, could you let me know where I need to be?"

He spoke smoothly, a genial smile on his face as he leaned against the polished wood counter and waited for the girl --saying that, she was at least the same age as him-- to answer him.

"Uhm, you were actually asked to wait here, he said he'd show up and speak to you both together..."

An eyebrow cocked at the remark, "Both?"

"Oh yes, there's another faculty member joining us today, she should be here soon, I'd expect."

With a pensive expression, he nodded and delivered a light, airy smile and gestured to a row of chairs set against a wall, "I'll just take a seat for the time being then."

Without waiting for any more pleasantries, he spun on his heels fluidly and paced the half dozen steps to the chairs, turning back and lowering himself into one of the seats. Leaning back, he crossed his legs and waited silently, his eyes flickering around the building at a wall with a plaque, another one with a wide trophy cabinet, banners alluding to sporting achievements and other honours the school had earned...

It was all very well presented, but he kept his opinion open for the time being, mostly to wait and see what this other faculty member would turn out to be like, and as he glanced at his watch he was fairly certain her arrival would be imminent.

sharrahenley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 25, 2009 1:29:21 GMT -6 »

Cassandra made her way through the Chula Vista Collective, not pausing or even paying attention to anyone she passed, her expression etched in a no nonsense sort of way that gave her wide berth from student she came across. She had taken a taxi to the school from her temporary lodging at near by hotel. It had taken little to no time to get on to the campus, getting to the administration building was a different story all together.

When she finally arrived, her black high heels clipped lightly against the floor crisply tapping out her steps in a steady rhythm, the high waist wool pencil skirt she wore, pulling a little with each stride. Her white button up shirt tucked in, wrinkle free and impeccable as her personality would always suggest.

Pushing open the door to the office she finally stopped at the counter looking at the girl occupying the space in front of her and causing her to raise an eyebrow as she slowly looked up at from her magazine...Cassandra didn't offer a smile or even a friendly word of introduction.

"Cassandra Bowyer," she said simply, not believing in wasting words when it was clear to who ever the young girl was when she heard her name, who she was and what she would be here for when she said her name.

"Ah, yes, if you'll just wait with Mr. Akimoto, someone will be with you both shortly."

She noticed the girl dart her gaze over to a man sitting and obviously waiting although Cassandra's eyes didn't linger she noticed hers did.

'Hmm...,' was all she thought to herself as she turned slowly and made her way over to the man not pausing and not paying him any mind as she took a seat, leaving an empty chair between them, and crossing her legs. Cassandra wanted to get the meet and greet over with, and begin to see what sort of work she had cut out for her here...

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 1:49:01 GMT -6 by sharrahenley » Back to Top  
akimoto

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 26, 2009 3:31:48 GMT -6 »

Watching the blonde walk in, he idly gave a glance over her form and leaned back into his seat a little more, his eyebrows faintly raised in a private scrutiny. Her entire 'aura', if such a thing existed, just screamed "Fuck off" to him already, going by the straight-laced clothing and the near-monosyllabic remarks, but he wasn't one to immediately assume the worst of people, keep it as a distinct possibility perhaps, but give them a chance all the same. The barest of initial glances back when the receptionist pointed out that the pair were both to meet with the same person. and she approached the row of chairs herself.

Now, sitting one chair aside wasn't that uncommon an action to Kazuki. People liked their space after all. Hell, he would've done much of the same, and taking that into account he at least extended the olive branch.

"Miss...Bowyer, was it?" he began, pausing just long enough for her to turn to face him (assuming she did, anyway), "I'm Mr. Akimoto, it's a pleasure."

He spoke with a reasonably affable tone, still leaned back in his chair with his leg crossed over. He'd at least give her a chance to be polite before he wrote off the prissy-looking woman, but truth be told Kazuki held low expectations for this attempt at interaction. Whilst he looked over at her, he did so with only a slight twist of his head, enough to make it obvious he was addressing her if it was actually possible she needed such a prompt...

sharrahenley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 27, 2009 0:18:07 GMT -6 »

Cassandra would have been content to sit and not say a thing to her new college especially since she didn't know the man, but when he spoke, giving off the persona that he was trying to be friendly. Turning her head properly she looked at Mr. Akimoto and nodded, and while she couldn't say it was a pleasure at the moment she wasn't completely unfriendly especially when someone made the effort. She could give him credit for trying to speak with her even when she knew she didn't look to be the most approachable sort.

"Yes, Miss Bowyer, it is," Cassandra answered putting emphasize on the title that he had in fact pegged her status right. "I wasn't aware that there would be two of us starting today."

Her tone was somewhat thoughtful as she looked back ahead of her wondering where this person who was going to greet them was exactly. She wasn't used to waiting, and liked things to go along promptly, but then again that was just part of her personality, and a serious pet peeve when it was broken or made to wait unnecessarily. It didn't bode well for how things would continue on for this school year if the administrative staff couldn't make an appointment on time.

Shaking the thought away mentally she turned her attention to the man sitting next to her again and lifted a blond eyebrow delicately. "And can I ask what you teach?"

Cassandra, despite not liking to socialize with her co-workers to often liked to know the job of each person of faculty, it eliminated second guessing or not knowing after all, leaving little chance of making herself look bad in the process or long run.

akimoto

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 28, 2009 22:17:46 GMT -6 »

"Miss, of course...." he added, for a further emphasis, "Apparently neither of us were informed, but I suppose the presence of two new faculty makes it simpler to have both 'reviewed' at once."

He shrugged his shoulders under his shirt, the material shifting with the action as he switched his legs, leaning forward slightly at the question of his chosen subject. Smiling lightly, he answered in a single word, "Languages."

Most teachers would specify themselves as 'French teachers', or 'Spanish teachers'...Kazuki had the linguistic credentials to run the entire fucking department, but that position wasn't available. A shame. His hands folded over one another on the knee of his crossed leg, he raised an eyebrow as he looked over her in silence for a few seconds.

"I'm going to assume....English, possibly history." he said with an air of casual amusement in his voice. Her curt demeanour wasn't about to stifle his own effort to be in good spirits, and he had posed the question at her so for the moment simply leaned back again, the half-smirk hanging on his face as he waited for her to affirm whether he'd been correct in his assumption.

dm

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 17:50:11 GMT -6 »

OOC: Sorry for the delay, been spending the last few days helping my friend move in this crazy heat.

The Headmaster didn't live with the rest of the faculty, him and several Knox faculty had quarters on the Knox campus that they stayed in, though with their unique schedule starting before dawn it was just easier to be there already when morning PT started. The Knox Academy was strict on both students and faculty, leading by example and thus the faculty were expected to keep up with the students if not surpass them.

Opening the door not even sparing the receptionist a glance as his eyes fell on the two new teachers. His cold gaze shielded from sight by black sunglasses. His image one of strict order, suit and tie, even in this heat, a small gleam of sweat on his bald head from the heat, and a neat and trimmed goatee. It was the same everyday for him, hardly ever a detail out of place, even his shoes remained shined.

Looking at them he thought about how he could best use them, how to ensure that they did not need to be disposed of such as Fightmaster and the good doctor had to be. That of course meant he needed to learn more about them, and what better way then an interview, where he could test the waters and see what value they could have, or how much of a threat they could become.

"Good Morning, I hope you can excuse the small delay, there was a matter on campus that I had to see to personally. As I am sure you are both aware we recently had a suicide of one of the faculty members, and some of our students have had a hard time coping."

He said leaving it at that, there was no need to hint about why the good doctor killed himself, or what situation he had to see to, he would allow them to make their own conclusions as he continued with the introductions.

"I am Headmaster Stephen Johnson, the Headmaster of the Henry Knox Academy, and you must be Mr. Akimoto, and Miss Bowyer. If you will follow me in to the conference room we can begin."

He said with a small smile, though his tone was strictly business. He would motion to the conference room, and should they make way for it he would follow them in, shutting the door behind him.

The conference room was a fair size, a large desk with windows behind it, allowing the morning sun to pour in through the windows in to the office. In front of the desk was several chairs, and the walls were decorated with several paintings and pictures, none of his choosing, but he had little taste for art anyways. Motioning for them to take a seat in front of the desk he made his way around it to sit on the chair across from them.

"So what qualifies you to work for the Collective? I don't want to hear about your schooling, I have your records and I am aware of your grades and class standings. I want to hear why you chose the collective, and what you have to offer it, other then your degrees."

He said, he wasn't one to beat around the bush, he wanted to know what was beyond the records he had, he wanted to be able to judge them and use them. Knowledge was power, and he craved it.

sharrahenley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 12, 2009 23:47:54 GMT -6 »

((ooc - ^.^ sooooowwy *cute indestructible sad panda face O~O*))

All Cassandra had for the Asian oriented man was a simple nod, but still looked in his direction in an unwavering gaze that probably still came off as standoffish. Her glasses had ridden down her nose only a little bit but she made no effort to push them back up into place as he made his assumption about her position.

"English would be correct," she answered again shortly but with no hesitation. Cassandra didn't think she would ever be interested enough in History to actually teach it as a profession. Regardless he hardly seemed affected by her short attitude and rather frosty appearance. She was under any assumptions or delusions she was actually a likable character, quite the contrary. But because he was taking her with a grain of salt told her one of two things, one being that there might be hope for this work environment, or two the man was as dull as a rolling rock.

She hadn't made an attempt to continue to the conversation along but before to much time had passed a man, bald, wearing glasses and a suit walked in and introduced himself as the headmaster. Finally, she thought to herself but couldn't help but instantly recognize him as a rather shady character, but a no nonsense one at that. Standing she followed the man into the conference room and took a seat with no qualms and no need to be told twice.

Crossing her legs and leaning back she folded her fingers together and let them rest on her once again crossed legs. When the headmaster asked them in a curt manner why they thought they would make a good addition to the Chula Vista Collective teaching staff she raised an eyebrow, the thin neat line raising over her glasses slightly.

Not waiting for her colleague she answered first, "well its obvious, headmaster, that you see a potential in one if not both of us here today, to be able to bring some kind of order and structure to this establishment that you have been other wise lacking."

Sending a short look over to Akimoto but not letting her eyes linger or be obvious in any way before she looked back to the bald headed man that was essentially their boss, "why else would you call us back after reviewing multiple applicants? Unless of course...we were the only ones to apply and some how I highly doubt that and would feel it an insult to my intelligence if suggested other wise, since the collective is quite...well known, another reason to in fact come to work here."

Taking a breath she found it necessary to continue and did so with out much thought of whether anyone wanted to hear it or not, "of course if that is not substance enough for you, Headmaster, then I can tell you nothing else, as I am not a native of California and have never attended or taught at a facility like this before. If I had to hazard a guess I would say that you already know whether or not you want us here..."

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 23:57:19 GMT -6 by sharrahenley » Back to Top  
akimoto

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 21, 2009 0:59:45 GMT -6 »

"What made me choose the Collective...."

He mulled the answer for a few moments before he answered, a small shrug of his lithe shoulders.

"Frankly? Boredom. See, I doubt I need to give you my whole back story, judging by the thickness of my record and my alma mater being Varron saying more than enough itself, but since you're asking, I'll humour you. I have no -need- to work. This is not a job for financial security for me, this is a trifle amusement at best. I speak every language your department offers to students and THEN some, I'm at an age where I can mentally relate to most of these kids, having grown up in the same environments they have, I'm a master-class Aikido practitioner....What else is there that's on your list of things important?"

Whilst he had started off neutral of tone he had quickly grown a tad sarcastic, particularly when the note of his former school came to mind. He had no doubt that all the records of his Varron days were on file, every grisly page of it, so what did the Headmaster really need to ask such a question for? It seemed somewhat redundant to him, and as he folded his arms calmly he picked up again.

"As for 'why this school?' Why not this school? There's some friends of mine in the area, I decided to travel down here from San Francisco, and just happened across an advert in one of the newspapers."

With a wry smirk, his arms unfolded and he leaned forward again, "As the good lady said, sir, please don't insult our intelligence. We're here because our credentials speak for themselves."