Author Topic: Pod 11: Eve, Mikeal, Joshua (Read 2,635 times)
Bianca Stark
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Bianca Stark Avatar

[send pm]

Pod 11: Eve, Mikeal, Joshua
« Nov 22, 2015 19:10:40 GMT -6 »

Bianca stares and feels a flush of embarrassment creep up her neck, and slowly up her cheeks.

"No, you're both more trouble than you're worth at this point." She tries visibly composing herself and clears her throat. "Look, I'm just gonna grab my stuff and then I'll take you to this place, okay?"

She turns on her heel and walks out to grab her purse with a: "Meet you buy the gate in three minutes!"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

« Nov 22, 2015 19:12:06 GMT -6 »

He nodded, watching her leave with his eyes clearly on her rump!

"Right. We'll be there."

He would use the back of his hand to gently pat Mike's chest once.

"Let's head out."

/Exit.

Mikeal Kender
Student
Defense

Mikeal Kender Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 22, 2015 19:17:37 GMT -6 via mobile »

Mike nodded. And out he went!.

/exit.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

The world forgetting by the world forgot.

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:02:33 GMT -6 via mobile »

She had finished unpacking and she loved her new room. It was perfect, so much better than her room in New York. She finally sighed, content, and changed into warmer clothes. Chicago fall/winter was pretty miserable. Grabbing her pack of smokes, she tucked them into the pocket of her washed out jeans and slipped out of her room.

She had a lot she needed to do... Studying, training, practicing. Eve wanted to get better. She wanted to learn how to control herself. Running a hand through her bright orange hair, she hummed to herself, starting to walk into the living area of the Pod.

The soft sound of wiggling chains, metal against metal, followed her.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:04:16 GMT -6 »

Ken sat in the living room, reading a book called "Mastery" by Robert Greene. As she came in, he dog-eared the corner and would sit up, eyebrows raising expectantly.

"Oh- hey, you got a minute?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:09:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

She didn't seem surprised to see him there, but had also been about to abandon him to his book. She wasn't sure where Mikeal was and was worried about being alone with him.

Still, rudeness wasn't her Forte. "Sure," she said with a gentle smile. She placed both hands on the back of a chair and leaned over, keeping something between her and BK for the time being. "What's up?"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:17:22 GMT -6 »

He scratched the back of his head.

"I want to apologize to you. About the other day. I...didn't hear you answer me when you said it was your room, and when I walked in I thought you'd be ah...incredibly awkward with me showing off all your goods. So I was uh...making a joke by cleaning. Obviously a bad one. Anyway, Sorry."

Ken was a no bull-shit type. He didn't find apologizing hard, when he was in the wrong. He was forward, blunt, lacked tact and wasn't afraid to both speak his mind and stand up for himself. If he fucked up, he'd own up to it too, and try to change his attitude.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 13:17:11 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:20:39 GMT -6 via mobile »

Her brows rose in surprise. He was apologizing? That was unexpected.

Her smile was bright and cheerful and she offered him a nod. "Hey, no hard feelings," she assured him, waving it off as if it were nothing to be worried about.

"I just really don't like people in my room. It makes me nervous. I could have probably been nicer. So I'm sorry too."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:25:51 GMT -6 »

He chuckled.

"Well...you were fine, and there were people around. And to be honest, I come on a little strong. Maybe that other guys assessment of me being an asshole is how people view me most of the time. They just don't say so. But I swear, I'm not as big a dickhead as I come off."

He looked her up and down quickly.

"If you don't mind me asking are you uh...heading somewhere?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:36:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

She laughed. Taner didn't seem like a bad guy, but after an encounter like that, she doubted they would ever get along. They would probably always be a bit... tense.

Then, Evelyn glanced down at her furry, warm jacket, and chuckled. "I was just going out for a smoke," she said, freeing her pack of Malboro. "Want to join me?"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:49:27 GMT -6 »

A smoke!? Thank God.

"Yeah, definitely. I'll be straight forward- I'm 17. I do smoke though. That bother you?"

He was a few months shy of 18 but still, some people took major issue with people smoking under age. He would stand if she didn't have a problem with it and follow her out barefoot, grabbing his own smokes as he did so.

"So...that Taner guy hate me or what?"

He didn't even know the dude, but got the impression he thought Ken was majorly malfunctional.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:53:27 GMT -6 via mobile »

17. She could get into trouble. But if she tried to stop him, she might also get into trouble. She had waitressed long enough to know what to do. Pulling one of her cigarettes free from her pack, she casually dropped it on the ground.

"Oops."

Evelyn offered him a wink and then started to lead the way out of the Pod and down the hall. She wasn't fond of smoking in doors, so they'd need to get out of the dorm building and onto campus, first.

"I wouldn't say he hates you. But I also wouldn't really know." She shrugged, chuckling to herself. "I went on a tour with him. We mostly talked about the trainer. Mathew Amtrum? I think that's his name."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:58:07 GMT -6 »

Damn. Droppin' smokes and winks?

He laughed, picking up the cig and following her out.

"Thanks for this- if you're wanting me to fall in love, you're well on your way."

He was clearly "joking", but would listen as she spoke about taner. Dude had a stick so far up his ass it's like he was a tree puppet. Still, it could be the dude was just being defensive of a new friend or something. He would furrow his brow as they headed outside.

"Amtrum....the metal-bender guy? Dude was a wimp."

He blinked, realizing again he sounded like a dick.

"Ah, I mean...we fought and shit. I guess I take fights too seriously as they are happening. And honestly, the guy is more abrasive than I am. Threatened to put me in a hospital."

He half shrugged, not apologizing but giving reason for his statements.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 13:58:51 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:04:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Same!" She had been caught so off guard by the threat that she hadn't put her full into the fight. Given, she didn't exactly know what her "full" was.

"I managed to dodge most of his hits, but he seemed to think I'm a lot more... aggressive than I am. I mean, yeah, I'm mostly a physical attacker, I guess -" not that anyone could tell from looking at her "- but I didn't think I was really supposed to... hurt him, you know?"

Was she talking to much? She had a bad habit of talking to much. Quickly, she shut her mouth and smiled.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:11:12 GMT -6 »

He didn't think that she was talking too much at all. He responded in kind!

"Right? Like, he said to make him bleed before he puts me in the hospital. As if anyone could be me in the hospital. I'm indestructible, baby. I made him bleed in five minutes tops. But something tells me there is more going on behind his eyes than he lets on."

He grinned as they would head outside, Ken pulling a lighter from his pocket and sticking the cig in his mouth. He felt a rush of calm as he inhaled, before stepping over to her.

"Here."

He would hold up the lighter to ignite the smoke for her, being the dashing gentleman that he was.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 14:11:43 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:14:26 GMT -6 via mobile »

Evelyn smiled and let him light his cigarette, contemplating what he was saying. She didn't know his power but could assume it had something to do with invincibility.

Ken, you're arrogance is showing.

Still, she seemed unruffled as she took a slow drag from her cigarette. She always loved the first inhale of the deadly cancer.

"So you fight, then?"

As if that wasn't obvious.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:18:38 GMT -6 »

He half shrugged.

"When I have to. Usually, I train. Hard to do with partners. I tend to hurt people, so I usually just let them beat on me."

He would grip the cancer-stick between the index and middle finger of his right hand and hook the hand in the waistband of his sweatpants. He knew he came off arrogant- being ten times stronger than the average kid his age and having only bled a handful of times since he was a kid tended to do that. It was also a bit of a defense mechanism, to keep people at arms length. Nobody liked getting close to the guy who loved himself too much.

"You?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:22:15 GMT -6 via mobile »

Unlike Ken, she held her cigarette between her index finger and thumb, blocking the glowing cherry from the weather with her other three fingers.

She gave a little shrug, seeming fine with his arrogance. She seemed unaffected.

"I can," she said thoughtfully. "My power is kind of different, though. I'm still learning my limitations with it."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:24:26 GMT -6 »

His brow twitched.

"Yeah? What is it you do?"

He took another drag, not thinking about the wind and wayward weather. He flicked off just a little ash before breathing out more acrid smoke. This chick was cool. He'd have to try hard not to work on getting her in bed. Not only would his age keep her from doing it, but having a room mate you slept with caused problems.

And he wasn't about that drama-llama.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 14:25:57 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:40:09 GMT -6 via mobile »

At first, he wouldn't be able to see them... Just hear the sound of metal rattling against metal. They appeared, wiggling behind her, and her pupils dilated slightly from the use of her energy.

She would lightly tap his opposite shoulder with a link of chain, smiling as she took a deep drag.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:18:07 GMT -6 »

Ken's eyes went wide as a smile creased his face.

"Hole. Lee. Shit."

He would feel the tap and laugh, reaching up to touch, gripping gently between his index and middle finger. Man, he was feeling less and less awesome about being stupid strong and more interested in what these people can do.

"These things are awesome. Are they just blunt force things or what?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:23:02 GMT -6 via mobile »

She shuddered slightly at the feel of fingers against her soul. It always felt so strange when she wasn't fighting. The chains gave a little wiggle, even as her face flushed.

"That's actually why I'm here," she explained, sounded a bit more shy than before. "I thought they were just physical attacks. But it's gone beyond that. I can actually use them against somebody's soul."

She shrugged and the other three chains reached out towards him, flowing gently through the air. They almost seemed to be dancing.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:24:50 GMT -6 »

Ken would blink. Was she like, doing some voo-doo love spell on him? She was blushing, and the chains felt warm. His brow would furrow as he watched the chains.

"Use them...against a soul? In what way?"

He was more than intrigued.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:32:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I don't know, yet. Last time, I made somebody pass out." She inhaled deeply as her chains started to retract, and then tossed the butt to the ground, putting it out with her boot.

She held one hand out and brushed the chain along her skin, thoughtfully. "If I can get my chains to touch the soul instead of the body, I can read thoughts, memories, cause pain or exhaustion..." Shr shrugged. "I have yet to really figure it out."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:34:08 GMT -6 »

Ken took a last deep drag before following suit in stamping out the cig. He would give a little grin.

"Lets test it out some more then."

His soul was already heavily scarred. Might as well let her do her little tests.

"We can do it back at the apartment. Just try not to kill me."

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 15:41:36 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Quick Reply