Author Topic: Beauty Can Be Brutal (Piper/Open) (Read 378 times)
BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

Beauty Can Be Brutal (Piper/Open)
« Nov 23, 2015 12:58:24 GMT -6 »

Ken was in the tutorial. He had taken some things out of the closet- equipment like a punching bag, strike dummy, staffs, swords and the ilk. He was familiar with most of them, his time in drunken boxing giving him a very unorthodox style (which, thankfully, he never had to use against Matt. Two punches and they were done).

Still, he knew that letting your skills lack in a place where popsicle people walked and talked and ran their mouth would end with him getting his ass kicked, powers be damned. The bag, considered a "heavy" one, hung from a chain he had strapped to the ceiling. He took a deep breath. Having just finished stretching, he wore his usual day attire, wanting to get comfortable fighting at the drop of a hat. Thankfully, his usual attire was sweatpants, bare feet and a V-neck long sleeved shirt. He stepped back, both legs bending into a side-ways horse stance. He faced the bag and brought up both hands, letting out a long slow breath. He jumped, rotating counter clockwise and throwing a spinning back kick for the center of the bag, kicking the thing clean in half.

"Tch."

Sand poured out everywhere, covering his feet. Best not hit things like that. He bent his legs and leapt up, grabbing hold of the beam on the ceiling and letting loose the chain that held the broken bag before dropping back down and landing with a loud THUD.

He would leave them there, clearly disappointed.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:07:39 GMT -6 via mobile »

Piper stood in the doorway of the Tutorial, her eyes lit with challenge and something akin to hatred. Her green hair was pulled back, her thin body clothed in far too little. Scars showed across her shoulders and back, exposed underneath the sports bra and shorts. She didn't look, however, like she was particularly fond of being patient.

Not then. Not anymore.

"Destroying school equipment?" The Australian asked in her thick accent, cocking a brow. "Brave move, newbie."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:11:33 GMT -6 »

Woah.

'Hello gorgeous. Where have you been all my life?'

He would grin and put a hand behind his head.

"I...didn't mean to. I didn't know it would break. I suppose I should have asked if they have Teflon bags or something."

He would pull up the sleeves of his long-sleeved shirt. He wore a ring on the index and middle finger of his left hand, and one on the thumb of his right. He would kick at the sand.

"Guess I don't know my own strength."

'Adda boy, Ken. You smooth, smooth devil.'

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:15:07 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Doubtful."

Piper gave a shake of her head and moved in to the Tutorial, finding the six foot Bo staff that had been provided for her. It hung on the wall, a hefty wooden staff, and in her tiny hands... She looked like a child.

Of course, no one would ever say that to her.

Beginning her stretches, she seemed willing to ignore the stranger.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:19:17 GMT -6 »

"Yeah."

She started stretching, and he would back away, watching her.

Not in a perverted way, sickos.

He wanted to watch her for a moment with the staff, to see what she could do. Clearly, she was not checking him out or into him, so she must have a boyfriend, be gay or just find him fugly. He could respect that. Still, he was here to train, and if she knew her shit he might ask for a partner.

So he folded his arms as he leaned against the wall, waiting.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:24:36 GMT -6 via mobile »

It didn't take long for her to stretch. She was almost always limber, and with her so angry, her victim was cowering and giving her whatever she wanted.

So within moments, she started moving. She began to slide through graceful and careful moves, bringing the staff down through the air.

She moved fast, yes, but it could be explained away by her thin body and small stature. She wasn't yet using her real speed.

She also didn't look at or speak to the man.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:28:22 GMT -6 »

Ken would watch her for several minutes. Speedy little thing. Her size and stature must really come in handy.

"Soooo....you uh, wouldn't be interested in a sparring partner, would you?"

He grabbed a Bo staff off the wall, spinning it around behind him and twirling it in one hand before holding it with his right hand diagonal across his back.

"Might give the whole 'real-world' experience. Better for the battlefield."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:33:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

When he spoke, she froze, her staff lowered. She had her back to him so he couldn't see her face, the way she was grinding her teeth, or the way her fingers slid along the wood.

Slowly, she turned around to face him once more. "You any good with that?" She asked through clenched teeth.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:39:56 GMT -6 »

His brow furrowed. She was talking through clenched teeth. Was she...pissed.

"Yeah, I do.....are you okay, girl? Sorry if I pissed you off by interrupting. Just bein' friendly."

He watched her now carefully, clearly prepared if she attacked him.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:49:44 GMT -6 via mobile »

You couldn't piss me off if you tried.

"I'm fine. It's not you. Let's go."

Very short sentences. This stranger wanted a spar? He was going to get one. She had frustrations she needed to get out before she went and...

Did whatever it was she decided to do.

Probably start with Mat.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:52:46 GMT -6 »

His brow furrowed. She seemed to want to take it out on someone. Luckily, his iron hide was built to take a beating.

"Alright then. Bring it."

He would step forward flipping the staff forward using just one hand to strike from right to left. If she didn't block it would hit around the middle of her left ribcage.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 13:53:02 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 13:58:37 GMT -6 via mobile »

Bad move.

Piper dropped to the ground, bracing herself on her left foot and both hands... and then kicking.

In the short distance, she wouldn't get the full of her speed, but her foot would be aiming at his kneecap going about forty miles an hour.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:03:58 GMT -6 »

Rather than breaking, like any knee would getting hit like that, his leg would be shoved backward, jerked from his standing position and dropping him to that knee. Surprised but not blown away or frozen in shock, he would bring the pole across her chest from left to right, gripping it in the middle, aiming to pin her to the ground underneath it with one arm. His leg throbbed. He cocked a brow.

"Ow. You're fast."

This assuming he pinned her.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:06:57 GMT -6 via mobile »

He did manage to pin her. But only by her chest. Her legs were a major part of her power and she knew how to use them.

Plus, being pinned underneath a guy didn't exactly make her happy.

Keeping his staff at bay with her own, she threw a knee into his gut, body still moving faster than most people's... and therefore, doing more damage.

"Duh."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:13:32 GMT -6 »

He grunted at the knee, her increased speed actually nearly winding him. It was enough to cause his breath to push out in a rush, so he would attempt to shift forward and straddle her waist in a mount. Hopefully this would get him out of the way of knee's that could hurt even him.

"Y'know, you have me at a disadvantage. I can't really hit you back."

He was taking slow breaths to try and reduce the pain in his gut.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:16:26 GMT -6 via mobile »

Her eyes widened at that statement and, beneath his straddle, she seemed to vibrate in anger. Her legs were useless, but he seemed to underestimate her.

She pulled the staff up, horizontal, and brought the end into his gut... the same place she had just kneed.

"Then you're stupid."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:21:50 GMT -6 »

His eyes widened and he was fully winded by that blow. He grit his teeth and, using his other hand would aim to punch downward, his arm snapping clean through the Bo-staff if she tried to block with it before hitting the ground right by her hand. The sound of warping metal would probably hurt her ears. He didn't blow a hole in it, but his fist went inward about two inches.

"Yeah. Stupid is as stupid does, girl. I ain't about to mess up your...ack..pretty face."

Using the balls of his feet he would jump off her, leaving his bow staff against her body so she could use it instead of the broken one and get back to her feet.

He held his stomach, watching her warily.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015 14:22:28 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:25:53 GMT -6 via mobile »

Her eyes widened when he shattered the thick wood, but she didn't flinch beneath him. Instead, her lips pulled up into a predatory smile, all teeth and no joy.

Then... he was really stupid.

He let her up.

Taking his staff and curling her legs under her, all too fast to properly be registered by the human eye. She would approach, moving about sixty by the time she closed the distance, and swung her Bo staff towards his knees.

She wasn't really giving him a chance to dodge.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:29:33 GMT -6 »

As she grabbed his staff, Ken learned from his lessons. He dropped to his knees, before she even got up. He took the blow right around the mid-abdomen, his body lifted and hurled back into the wall, indenting it a little. He felt some pain up his back but it was all surface.

"Man, you must have some...real issues to work out. Come on then hot stuff, work off that stress."

Ken was enjoying this more than he should. The pain was nothing compared to the fire he had been in when he was little. If he lifted up his sweats just above the knee, most of the skin there was burned. So whatever she wanted to do, it was like a fly trying to take down a bull in his opinion. And he has some suspicions about her weaknesses- namely, that through over-use her stamina would cause a huge wear.

Just a thought.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:33:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel heard that Piper was taking on some new comer and walked in the room to see her going off on him.

"PIPER!"

Angel would yell at the top of his lungs.

"STOP!"

Angel would, to the best of his ability try to get in front of her and in between them both!

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:37:44 GMT -6 via mobile »

She was already turning the staff to hit BK with the other end, a maneuver she had practiced on endless dummies... and with her speed, it didn't matter how tough his skin was. It was going to hurt.

Angel wasn't moving fast enough to block the blow, so it was going to hit one of them. In that moment, it didn't matter who.

However, the second the staff made contact, his voice registered. She seemed to disappear from sight and reappear three feet back from her spot. She didn't even have the grace to look winded.

Back off a few more steps, she lowered a bit and snarled, "Get out of my way, Angel."

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 14:44:05 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel raised his arm to take the hit. He succeeded in stopping it however it broke his arm and broke skin. It even caused a compound fracture. But Angel would only grit his teeth not taking notice of how bad the wound is. His right arm would fall limp by his side blood starting to dribble on the floor.

"You need... To stop... Before this... Goes any further."

He would struggle to say between ragged pain filled breaths.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:21:17 GMT -6 »

Ken would step forward and grab Angel by the back of the shirt, lifting him bodily and gently pulling him off to the side.

"Stay out of it, kid. She can hit me all she wants. I won't break."

She was damn right it would hurt- he felt pain just like anyone else. But his bones wouldn't shatter like the boy's. His skin, his hide, his body was tough. He would crack his neck.

"She's obviously got some personal problem to work out. I don't mind being her punching bag."

He would smirk, supremely confident in his tough hide to work out her problems. 

It wasn't the first time someone beat on him for no reason.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:26:00 GMT -6 via mobile »

He underestimated her. It was a deadly decision. She remained exactly where she was, watching BK and Angel as if they were both enemies. Her friend... possibly her best friend... She had hurt him, but she seemed oblivious to this fact.

"Can I kill him now?" She growled, her voice very close to that of an angry feline.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 15:28:43 GMT -6 »

He would step forward.

"Feel free to try if it would make you feel better."

Ken wasn't underestimating her. His dad used to threaten to kill him all the time, and he never under-estimated him either. Ken didn't bullshit around. This girl had a problem and she needed to work it out. He wasn't trying to be a smart ass in his eyes.

He was trying to help.

OOC: Piper has my permission to kill Ken, if she can.

Quick Reply