Author Topic: Ground Zero: Aroon v Ian (MMA title bout) (Read 388 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Ground Zero: Aroon v Ian (MMA title bout)
« Jul 28, 2009 19:40:19 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Playing the announcer for this post only)

The SDCFL arena, a small arena in the eastern outskirts of San Diego. An underground fighter's league that is open to every willing and proven participant. Tonight will be their first major event. Ground Zero. Live on Internet stream, free for on their website thanks to region-wide advertising. Four fights would take place that night The MMA Title match, Steel Cage Title, the Hardcore Title match, and the Wrestling Title match. The arena was packed with students from the Chula Vista Collective. The cheers echoed throughout the arena as the Announcer made his way to the center ring.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Tonight the San Diego Championship Fighters League presents Ground Zero!"

The crowd roared with excitement as the night had officially begun. Chants for the company and Ground Zero echoed throughout the location. Drinks were cheap at the bar, and catering provided by the near by restaurant, Jesse’s Bar and Grille. The crowd settled as the Announcer started up again.

“Our first match of the night will be for the SDCFL Mixed Martial Arts Championship Title!”

“Coming out first, weighing in at 167 pounds, standing at 5 foot 9, Aroon Kamsing!”

The crowed roared once more for the first contender. Signs, chants, and of course the occasional boo. The Announcer would give him some time to settle into the environment before introducing the next competitor.

“And his challenger, weighing in at an astonishing 48 pounds, standing at surprising height of 3 foot 7, Ian Park!”

A similar reaction would flow. None of tonight’s fighters would be known well enough to have a definitive position on the fighter unless they knew him personally. The announcer made his way out of the ring next to the two Commentators. Joe Style a small figure that roots for the under dog, with the catch fraise “OH MY GOD!”. With him was his partner “The General” Ken Savory, former SDCFL wrestling, MMA, and Hardcore Champion. With everyone in there place (after their entrances) the bell would ring and the match was on its way.

(ooc: You have until August 31st to finish)

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 1:01:48 GMT -6 »

He walked out as his name was called, a general look of annoyance on his face as he paced his way across to the ring. He was clad typically for Muay boxing in the shorts that cut almost exactly at his knees, glossy black and trimmed with deep red, his hands and shins bound in bandages that he'd finished fastening himself minutes before.

This SDCFL had offered him a temporary ring man, an offer that had been immediately turned down. He didn't need help from anyone here, not when he considered the opponent he had to fight. He could have come from -another- fight and been in suitable condition to win, as far as he was prepared to consider it.

Seven years old.

For crying out loud, he was expected to fight against a damned child. If this ridiculous league was so desperate for fighters they had to recruit fresh out of elementary, then he'd make it clear that they'd made a very grave mistake. His fists clenched reflexively under the bandages, and an official stopped him outside the ring to examine his binds. After a few moments of turning the hands back and forth, checking for any foreign objects, he scrawled an approval onto the wrist tape of each hand the Thai held out and ushered him on to the ring.

Quickly hopping up, he walked to the corner designated for him and leaned against it idly, watching as the announcer called out the brat he was expected to fight. Shaking his head to himself, he folded his arms and watched the same procedure go by as it had for him, and as the boy was approved and set into the ring, the Thai pushed himself off the turnbuckle, his arms still folded as he looked down at the tiny 'opponent'

"The very fact you're here is an insult, kid. If you can actually fight, you'd better be ready..." he spat, his face sharp and displeased as he stepped back from the small boy again, waiting for the match to be rung in.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 11:08:42 GMT -6 »

"Hey, I thought we were going to fight! Where are we going?!" Ian protested, but the older students who were snickering amongst one another ignored him and continued to drag him forward. They had taken a taxi downtown, making Ian increasingly uncomfortable. Just what were they planning? Sure, he agreed to fight, but that's only because they said they would stop bothering him if he won. It was about time he showed them a lesson! Hmph! Arcanine was in the dorm room, sleeping on his bed, so that meant he was safe since the other dorm mates who were like his older brothers were also in the room. As for Ian, they were going to shove him in a bag, but obviously he would not allow that. He wanted to see where they were going in case they were planning some kind of kidnapping, which would be stupid because he notified others of the fight, and those students would get into a rather sticky situation.

Going past the guard was a piece of cake, because they surrounded little Ian, making him seemingly invisible especially since the guard was a little tipsy. The guys signed up for something, and Ian wasn't exactly sure what, but then everyone ended up waiting around for multiple hours, to the point where Ian fell asleep since it was way past his bed time. Not only that, but it seemed as if they weren't going to fight, so what was the point?

But the next thing you know, he was picked up and thrown somewhere...

“Coming out first, weighing in at 167 pounds, standing at 5 foot 9, Aroon Kamsing!”

What? Ian was about to turn around and go back in the direction that he came from, but bright lights flashed in his eyes, and words ringing in his ear...

“And his challenger, weighing in at an astonishing 48 pounds, standing at surprising height of 3 foot 7, Ian Park!”

WHAT?! Ian knew that as soon as he said the weight, it was him that was going to go inside the ring. So they finally decided to fight, huh? That's fine! He walked towards the ring, peeling off his sweater revealing a black tank top to his tiny little body. Light basketball shorts and worn down sneakers.

"The very fact you're here is an insult, kid. If you can actually fight, you'd better be ready..."

"My name isn't 'kid'..it's IAN."

Aroon might have not heard him with the crowd and all, but it didn't matter. He took his place on the opposite end of the ring, waiting for the bell.

DDING!

Let the fight begin! ~<3

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 11:24:17 GMT -6 »

"You are a child, and thus I will refer to you as such. I hope, for your sake, you're prepared."

His voice was cold, unwavering despite the simple fact that, in order to succeed, he would have to attack (and beat) a small boy less than half his age. Aroon was a man of limited morals, but under most circumstances he would not lift his hand to a youngster or a female.

However, he had fought women before, on several occasions, both in a ring and out of it. If they wished to fight, he would not stand idly by. The same logic would be applied to the small boy standing opposite him. His brow furrowed in concentration as he pushed back his annoyance, composing himself. His perception was going to be marred by the noise as it was, there was no point in further limiting himself by being overly aggravated by his position. The humiliation would likely be enough, win or....In fact, no. He refused to even humour the notion he could be beaten by a mere child.

As the bell rang, he shrugged his shoulders back and out, jolting himself from his corner and calmly walking out in toward his opponent. He lifted no guard, made no effort to attack, and certainly showed no sign he really considered any threat whatsoever.

"Tell you what, kid, since this is all just for show, why don't you at least get in one good hit?" he shot out, raising his arms with his palms facing out on either side of his body, opening himself up to a free strike from the boy. He figured the worst he could get was a shot to the crotch, or a shot to one of his joints, but Aroon kept one thing in his mind as he did so.

A seven year old could be a fighter, but a seven year old was still a child, his body was nowhere near the development or musculature of the elder Thai, his body less likely to be able to hold itself together under assault...

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 11:40:42 GMT -6 »

Ian walked towards the center of the ring, eyes furrowed in a frown. Man, the guy sure was intimidating, but he wouldn't let that get to him. They say that big things come in small packages, so he sure hoped that the guy wasn't underestimating Ian's fighting capability...but it seemed as if he was. And he didn't blame him, either. Ian was not only incredibly young for someone to be fighting in the big league, but he also looked completely harmless. He still had his baby fat on his face, and the frown, to much disappointment, only looked cute to most people. In fact, a lot of the people in the audience probably thought this was a joke, and that a stronger fighter, someone more 'qualified' would take his place.

"Tell you what, kid, since this is all just for show-"

He left himself wide open, and without further adieu, Ian launched himself at Aroon, not even letting him finish his words. He wasn't sure what he was about to say, but Ian secretly just wanted to get this over with - meaning, he wanted to win. That's why little Ian came prepared with knowledge to the fight, knowing that he would have to face someone taller and stronger than himself. He was given a few days to 'ready' himself for a fight with the older student - but he thought it would have been one of the students that were bullying him - so he studied pressure points. Not that he ever used them himself, but it would prove to be useful, especially for a guy like Ian.

But pressure points are hard to memorize, so he wasn't able to retain as much information as he would have liked. It was mainly two for two for two... Two in the arms, two in the legs, two in the torso. No point finding pressure points in the head, when there are so many vulnerable spots to begin with, and Ian was not the type of boy to go kicking other people in the crotch. The downfall of the pressure points and not having experience in them meant that he had to search the guy's body.

Ian launched himself at Aroon, but at the last moment she dodged to his left and would swerve behind him, aiming a solid kick at his Achilles tendon with his right foot. He accidentally did this at a soccer game once or twice, and apparently, it hurts a lot.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 11:59:24 GMT -6 »

When the boy strafed around, Aroon simply turned his head with a damning looking in his eyes, keeping his peripheral locked on the child as he drew back his leg for the kick. Indeed, the lack of power his 'opponent' would have left him with little option but to attempt and exploit a fundamental weakness.

And yet, even as the foot drew nearer, the faintest glimpse of a sneer crept across the Thais lips.

Impacting against his right foot, he growled in a mixture of annoyance and reflex from the admittedly painful blow to the tendon, but it lasted only a split second as he torqued his body violently. Slashing down and across with the back of his right fist, he intended initially to slam it across the boys jaw and send him to the ground, though going by the rather nifty little step the child had managed he might at least be quick enough to dodge the rather telegraphing blow. He wouldn't be too surprised if that were the case.

Regardless of whether he struck his target or not, the sneer on his face remained in place as he tapped the toes of his foot against the canvas.

"A clever idea, executed at the worst time. Muay Thai, unfortunately, trains pain conditioning. Your freebie, as a result, was wasted. Now, come at me boy..."

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 21:40:32 GMT -6 »

Fear and adrenaline. The two things that are keepin' the boy moving around.

Ian expected some sort of counter, but he expected something from his feet, not from his hands, only because it was more convenient for him. With Ian already close to the floor, he would have to bend down considerably to get to his jaw, but man. Such speed and strength and precision was into that single punch, he was in awe for a split second before coming into realization that it was a gift to his face. Of course, a second too soon and his face would have been under a lot of ice, but he cocked his head in the opposite direction, his body leaning slightly with while Aroon's punch slid rather painfully against his cheek. But Ian figured Aroon would not be able to retaliate quick enough because while Ian shifted to the side, he planted his left hand onto the ground and aimed a kick to the side of his knee.

"A clever idea, executed at the worst time. Muay Thai, unfortunately, trains pain conditioning. Your freebie, as a result, was wasted. Now, come at me boy..."

"Pain conditioning? Then my freebie would have been wasted, regardless," he scowled.

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 21:42:05 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 19:28:47 GMT -6 »

ooc: You didn't specify which of my knees you were swinging for but going off your position, it seems like my left. Let me know if I'm wrong and I can make an edit. ^^

ic:

"I said you were getting a free hit, I didn't say a damn thing about it actually working."

He sneered back at the boy, hoisting his left leg up to bear the force of the kick on the side of his calf, the dense muscle there absorbing the force with ease before he continued to bring up his leg, shooting the heel of his foot out in a straight, lunging kick at the side of the youngsters head. He was expecting that the first solid blow he landed would end this fight, and expected that it would, in the end, be a cat and mouse game between the pair. His only thought was preventing this child from being an annoyance and continuing to evade him.

'His only real hope is to try and whittle me down from the legs up, slim, but the probability still has a faint chance of occurring.'

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 2, 2009 9:02:05 GMT -6 »

OOC: Oh! Sorry for the terrible delay. ><;;

"I said you were getting a free hit, I didn't say a damn thing about it actually working."

"Then what's the point of a free hit?!"

Right after Ian's kick, his leg lifted and Ian figured that Aroon would stomp on him, and Ian cowered in fear, instinctively bringing his arms up to cover his head, Aroon's foot smashing on his arms. A yelp escaped the boy out of pure pain. He bit his lips, knowing that there would be more than just a bruise on his arms after the fight was over - his arms were probably fractured right there.

Ian, unlike Aroon, was not taught how to ignore pain, but did the best he could. Although his grip on anything would now be significantly weaker, Ian figured he still had his legs to at least do some damage before he knocked out - or something of that sort. Ian would push away Aroon's leg to the outside and away from his head, and aim for a kick on his inner thigh with his left foot - the first pressure point memorized for the waist on down. Ian would use the push to Aroon's leg to also push himself back a bit for the kick. It would be in the middle of Aroon's left thigh because of a large nerve that passes over the nerve, where a blow can incapacitate the leg and cause him to drop.

You know, it kind of sucks knowing that a cast on both arms is going to happen after the fight.

« Last Edit: Aug 2, 2009 9:05:07 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 7, 2009 8:54:40 GMT -6 »

"I figured it only fair to the crowd that they actually see you throw an attack, and it makes me look better than if I were just beating up a child..."

When his kick struck the boys arms, he had to reflexively force himself not to stop fighting, feeling the solidity of the impact. He may be a fighting in the making or whatever someone might have thought, but he was a seven-year old boy fighting someone whose experience had gone on longer than he'd been alive...

This wasn't a fight, it was a beating, plain and simple.

Feeling the push back on his left foot, he shifted his weight back to bring his leg away from the youngster and dropped back into a 'defensive' form. Redundant, but if it showed this boy that his options were limited then all the better. Sighing to himself, the Thai lowered his hands after a moment, looking at the child with a tinge of concern. His initial disgust at the situation was being picked away by the simple fact that this child was injured, and he'd been the one to do so.

"Listen, kid, will you just give up? I don't want to hurt you any more than I have if I don't have to..."

Even while he spoke, his left leg turned in with a small shift of his feet, bringing him in a half-quarter turn clockwise to present the front of his thigh as the boys target for his kick, sending a snap of a sting through his leg. It was no crippling blow, but the sensation of discomfort was there and he counted off mentally how much leeway he would give this boy before he reacted again.

"What do you say, hm? Will you concede and save yourself the pain, or do I have to keep going?"

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 8, 2009 9:54:15 GMT -6 »

"I figured it only fair to the crowd that they actually see you throw an attack, and it makes me look better than if I were just beating up a child..."

Ian mentally scoffed. Reputation? Pff... Fair to the crowd? So what the bloody hell does a crowd do in a fight anyway, other than scream obscene words that get jumbled up and turn incoherent with everyone else screaming, 'Raghrhahghrh hit him rarghrahg eat him roar'? But he thought of it this way - most people don't hit kids. Maybe they'll hit their own kids, but they won't hit someone they don't know - unless it's an accident, say, like a Frisbee knocking someone in the head. Anyway, Ian wasn't so sure, but he'd like to think that Aroon was having a hard time pummeling Ian to the ground - not because of Ian's epic skill (that doesn't quite exist....yet) - but because Ian's like...half his size and age.

"Listen, kid, will you just give up? I don't want to hurt you any more than I have if I don't have to... What do you say, hm? Will you concede and save yourself the pain, or do I have to keep going?"

Ian sighed. At least he was somewhat nicer than the bullies, but he still didn't like how Aroon addressed him as 'kid'. He had a name, and he damn well knew it, too.

"...." Ian stayed silent for a moment, as if actually contemplating his offer, but...

"Unfortunately, I'm stubborn, stupid and prideful. I don't want to quit," Ian said, a grin crossing his face.

Ian would surrender, however, if he were put in a situation where there wasn't anything for him to do, much like the fight he had with Samuel (OOC: ...assuming this takes place after the MAPP tournament? If not, I'll edit this out!). Fortunately, Ian learned from his mistake when he fought the fun guy.

Ian already knew that he lost. He practically did no damage to the older boy, while Ian's arms were ... erm...not in the best condition. But even so, he wanted to continue. He wanted to lose fairly, if that made any sense. Aroon gave him the option to back out, but if he did, then Ian would also cut off the amount he learns from his fights with others. How else is he to improve?

And pain conditioning was an interesting concept - something he would look into after the fight was over. But for now, Ian would wait until it looked like Aroon was ready before rushing forward once more into his death, his right hand formed into a blade to jab him in the lower gut.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 8, 2009 20:32:14 GMT -6 »

"Hn, you can't say I didn't give fair warning..."

He shrugged his shoulders slowly at the childs words, exhaling slowly as he brought his hands up, drawing back his left leg and glaring down at his 'opponent'. However much he wanted to dislike this child for making a ridiculous spectacle of the fight, a small part of him couldn't help but feel a slight wave of acceptance of the boys plight. He was completely outclassed, he knew it, and most likely knew before coming into the match that his chances of winning were virtually non-existent, yet still he stood.

Even though he knew it was unneeded and almost appearing to be overkill, he would show the boy what the aspiration of a fighter should be, and to do that he would give him enough respect to see a degree of what the skillful Thai could do.

As his childish opponent attacked, he moved back a half-step. Not enough to make Ian miss by any means, though he wasn't too concerned about the strike. With his injured arms he wouldn't be able to do much even if he did hit the Thai, and one thing was his advantage in the present exchange as he snapped his own right out.

Reach.

Aroon would have at least a good twelve inches of reach on the small boy, without even trying. As the knife-edged hand struck his abdomen his own right would slam forward, palm first rather than a closed fist, he would make that much of a concession. His target was simple and obvious, the middle of the kids forehead. His height made it unwieldy to aim lower with his hands, but that worked for the Thai. If he caught the boy it would almost certainly knock him backwards, possibly onto the canvas of the ring, and with no acerbic remarks the Thai just waited for the youngster to move again, one single comment leaving his lips.

"Try again?"

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 9, 2009 21:43:39 GMT -6 »

Ian was expecting some kind of reaction to Ian's jab - something from his hands. If there was one thing Ian noticed, it was the usage of his upper limbs. The only time he ever used his legs so far had been when it had been convenient for Aroon to step on Ian's head. Maybe he liked having both feet on the ground? Or maybe Ian was just lucky not to feel the wrath of a foot being shoved up his butt, but even so - it was his expectation for something to occur with his hands, and so Ian had prepared himself for a counter attack..but not very well. With his arms already in pain, there was only so much he could do. He didn't want to risk his arms getting hurt any further, but...

Hell, if it's already broken, why not? Aroon had gone through pain conditioning, and Ian figured he could start now. He wasn't a cry baby; he was told multiple times by his father that crying was not for men, and that if Ian ever wanted to be a man, he shouldn't cry. Of course, that isn't true, and Ian's father didn't really mean that. His dad just freaked out way too much whenever someone cried; it was how his mom had power over his dad.

However, by the time Ian came to the conclusion that his arms still had some use, Aroon's palm slapped against his forehead, causing the young boy's head to flip back, his feet stumbling backwards before falling.

"Try again?"

He nodded, his eyebrows creasing to form some kind of a mix between a frown and focus. How many braincells did he just lose there...? Anyway, a red mark would appear on his forehead, and Ian figured he'd look like a clown soon anyway. His arms were purple, forehead red...next thing you know, he has black eyes, a crooked nose and swollen cheeks! Kinda freaky.

He approached Aroon once more, only he didn't rush. With Aroon being so close, there was no need to; a couple of steps and he would've been in front of him.

Ian aimed a flying tornado awesome fancy epic kick side kick to the front of his left knee with his right foot. Pretty simple, neh? He figured that Ian's best bet of creating any damage was repetition to the same / around the same area.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 10, 2009 12:34:37 GMT -6 »

Nodding as the boy took his footing again after the palm knocked him back, Aroon began to shake his head mentally at himself. He would need to finish this up soon before the kid ended up getting seriously hurt by accident. It wasn't in his nature to hold off on his attacks, lower his power, but he couldn't bring himself to strike the boy with his full strength.

Part of him was worried he might kill him, if he hit at the wrong moment, with too much force...

The kick thrown at him was another easily blocked affair, bringing his leg up to take the sting of the attack on the outside of his calf as he had before, though unlike the last time he didn't snap out his foot to kick at the child. Instead, he stepped down and forward, effectively turning his block into a stride toward his pint-sized opponent before his right flicked around in a similar kick. It would not be hard to see that Aroon was limiting his attack in both speed and power, genuine concern that his powerful kicks could do irreparable damage to the boy.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 10, 2009 21:04:51 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Well I see over 2 minutes of fight time here)

*DING*

The referee stepped into the match between the two 'fighters'. He was big enough to stop the two from going at it any further. The first round was over. Aroon's kick would just be intercepted by the ref. His long white and black striped shirt sported the SDCFL logo as he pushed his torso into Aroon to have him back off. It was as if the ref seemed to have something against him.

Both men would have to return to their respective ring corners. Aroon and whoever he was with, and Ian with the group of 'friends' that brought him here. The crowd seemed to hush as they watched the fighters back off. They seemed to be in favor of Ian because of the underdog spirit.

Ken Savory: Well that was one hell of a first round.

Joe Style: Are you kidding me! This isn't a fight, it's a damn massacre!

Ken Savory: What are you talking Style. This is two fighters going at it In a title bout. There isn't a damn thing wrong here!

Joe Style: Oh My God! Do you realize thats a seven year old kid out there!

Ken Savory: Yeah, and from what I can see hes one of the best up an coming fighters I've seen around here. Hell that 'kid' could probably beat your ass!

Joe Sty;e: Thats because I would never strike a child! I don't think you realize the magnitude of what exactly is going on-

Ken Savory: Would you just shut the fuck up and enjoy the match! This kid is doing great. A bit of strength training and Ian Park will be one of the greatest fighters you've ever seen!

Joe Style: Heres round two of the San Diego Massacre...

Both fighters would now come back to the ring. The ref between them, still with a hard evil eye at Aroon. The bell would ring and round 2 of 5 would commence!

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 10, 2009 22:24:41 GMT -6 »

When a bell rang, Ian frowned - what? They didn't finish the fight, how could it possibly be over? The referee stepped between and blocked the kick that Aroon had sent flying in his direction, and Ian frowned at the ref. Why the hell was he butting in? He looked back at those that accompanied him to this place to begin with, watching them wave him over. They were not his friends, not even close. Just people he made a deal with, and if they didn't keep their end of the bargain, then Ian would be paintballin' faces at night. They handed him a waterbottle and Ian accepted it with a wince. It hurt to move his wrists; hurt to touch them, too, and one thought it'd be funny to poke him 'lightly' in the area, causing the young Asian boy to nearly drop the bottle of water. They laughed, Ian's shoulders dropped a little, but from an audience's perspective, it looked as if they were having a good time.

He drank the water - he was thirsty! - before hopping back into the ring.

No one told me there would be rounds.

A bitter thought - Ian probably wouldn't even make it to the third, but that would be his goal. Make it to the third round, and if he makes it...then he makes it, and should probably stop there.

If not, well. He tried his best.

He wish the ref didn't butt in though; he had planned a pleasant 'counter' - if you can call it that - for Aroon. But now he couldn't give it to him, only because there was no way Aroon would do the same attack twice.

Ian would wait for the bell to ring before launching forward, ducking under the ref - he was a bit slow - and popping up in front of Aroon, his right foot planting onto his gut before he pushed off with his left, aiming for a second kick in the same place where he kicked with his right. His right foot pulled back for his left foot to land, annd...yeah.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 11, 2009 23:53:01 GMT -6 »

He growled in annoyance as his kick was stopped, and even more so when the ref barged into him. Scowling at the man in the striped shirt, he made a mental note of his face and to smash it in at a later date. Winning the match was essential. The title was not....A sharp grin crept on the Thais face as he pointed at the ref, nodding as if to convey the mental message.

Oh, he would bleed him dry for that attitude...

Sitting alone in his corner, he reached to the bottom of the ring-post and picked up a bottle of water that had been sitting there. He cracked the seal and uncapped it, taking a slow pull of the cool liquid before setting it back down. It might come across as arrogant that he had no cornermen, and that even without them he made no concessions to ensure he was 'ready' for the next round, but anyone could see it was obvious that the match was so one-sided it was almost pointless.

At least ten seconds before the round started he was back on his feet, pushing off the rope he'd been sitting on idly, and he rolled his shoulders in preparation to step back into centre-square, pacing out as the ref glared at him. Rather than return the scowl as he had before, and rather than look at Ian his eyes were firmly on the official, a dark little sneer gracing his lips.

As the round was signalled to begin his focus shifted to his boy-opponent and his eyes widened in momentary surprise as a foot planted in his midsection, enough to cause him to exhale at the impact both from the force and the fact he simply didn't expect it. However, the wind-back for the second, not least the fact the boy would have to spend a moment in mid-air before his second kick landed, meant it was no hard task to step back from the follow-up blow, leaving the child to kick at air alone instead.

"You're a sneaky one when you wanna be, huh?" he remarked, a small crease of a smile rising at the corner of his mouth. The boy was outmatched, that much was clear, but he was wily enough to use tactics that could let him land unexpected hits like the one he'd just landed. Aroon wasn't worried yet, nor did he expect to be. The kick had winded him slightly, but had that been from an opponent of higher physical development and training he'd likely be struggling to suck in breath, especially if he hadn't seen it coming like the boys attack.

Again the Thai would rely on his particular size advantage along with his accomplished speed, stepping through in the aftermath of Ians landing as the boy regained his footing and shooting out a hand to his shoulder, clasping at his shirt as his left knee pistoned out swiftly to strike the boy, still restraining his power to around half of his maximum. It might be seen as an insult, but Aroon was just concerned he'd cause the boy real harm otherwise...

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 29, 2009 12:17:52 GMT -6 »

OOC: I'm sorry this took so gosh darn long, but I finally posted, and I'm really sorry. :(

Ian figured that Aroon might have been holding back, but Ian wouldn't know. Ian's brain wasn't as developed as others (with him being seven, almost eight!), which would explain Ian's fearless nature and his inability to tell whether one thing hurt more than the other. To him, major pain was major pain! Of course, he'd be able to tell the difference between a scratch and a punch to the face - it was a drastic difference, was it not? At the time being, however, he simply knew that his body hurt all over. A majority of his pain came from his arms, but at the same time, his feet hurt because every time he kicked Aroon, it felt as if he were kicking steel. So his feet hurt, his arms hurt, his torso was getting there, his head felt fine... Or maybe he was just sore? Except his arms. The bruising was enough evidence for Ian to know that his arms would hurt regardless.

"You're a sneaky one when you wanna be, huh?"

Ian did not know how to reply to that, so he didn't. He found himself beginning to lose the energy to continue, and so he figured that he'd save his breath. He learned that if you can still talk, then you're not trying hard enough, so...that confirmed Ian's thoughts of him barely trying in the fight with Ian. It wasn't offending - if anything, Ian was disappointed in his lack of skill, despite the wide age gap, of not being able to put up a good fight.

His second kick missed, and as a result, ended up on the ground. He had trouble finding his center of balance right away and was caught off guard when he felt a sudden grip on his shoulder. Ian turned up to look at Aroon, surprise written on his face when he felt a sudden knee slam into his chest (assuming that's where Aroon's knee would go because of height differences?). If Aroon let go of Ian's shoulder when the knee was slammed into him, Ian would have toppled backwards and accepted the blow. Regardless if Aroon kept his grip on him or not, Ian would get the wind knocked out of him - it wouldn't be the first time it's happened, so he wasn't too particularly worried.

But it hurt, and to say that it didn't would be an obvious, horrible lie. If Aroon kept his grip on Ian's shoulder, then Ian would take the opportunity to elbow him on the upper thigh. His elbow was pretty bony... If Aroon let go of his shoulder and Ian went toppling backwards, he'd recover himself, and, with determination, would close the distance between the two once more and slam the heel of his left foot into his mid right thigh.

Ian was weary and in pain, but he had gotten so much out of this fight with Aroon. He already knew that he had lost, but still wanted to continue anyway, to get the most out of the fight. He would continue until he either got knocked out or was too physically exhausted to move - whichever came first.

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2009 12:23:32 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 22:36:54 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Goddamnit...this is too hard a fight to judge. Aroons display of strength was nice, but showed a lack of skill letting an opponent he could have beaten in a few seconds into about mid second round. Ian showed great skill and determination, but did no real damage to his opponent. After much deliberation I've decided to be an asshole with the following outcome.)

Joe Style: Oh My God! How much longer can we let this barbaric, savage act continue Ken?

Ken Savory: I told you to shut the fuck up! I'm trying to watch a serious title match here!

Joe Style: Serious title match! What the hell or you still talking about!

Ken Savory: Look I'm the one at this table whose actually HELD the MMA title, and dammit, I'd be proud as hell to have to defend it against either one of these competitors!

Joe Style: You are such an ignorant piece of...wait....what the hell id the ref doing?

In the corner of the squared circle the referee wiped his face clean with his hand and turned back to the match at hand. Nobody except the announcers and the first few rows could see what was really going on. The shaggy bleach blonde ref' rushed over to the two fighters as Ian threw a nice elbow to Aroon.

With little ease The ref pushed off the little Asian boy and turned to Aroon. With nothing but a nasty look and a tightened glinting fist The ref would shoot a hard fast brass-knuckled blow to the face of the Muay Tempest. Nobody knew what set the ref off. The fighting of a child, his race, a past secret, or even something medical. All the crowd knew was that Aroon and the ref were the newest opponents.

Most likely a great brawl would commence until the announcer rushed his way into the ring, microphone in hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to severe outside interference this match will be drawn as a No Contest. This leaves the SDCFL MMA title still vacant. But after a small discussion with the owner of the SDCFL, Ian Park and Aroon Kamsing will have a rematch under an un-named stipulation at out next event, Blackout!."

(OOC: feel free to post reaction and call me out for doing that. I couldn't end this fight with just 2 rounds. Look forward to meeting each other in October.)

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 23:59:44 GMT -6 »

ooc: Call you out? I -should-, since in all fairness this fight was so one-sided it was ridiculous (props on Ian though, the matchup was just awkward), but instead I'll settle for putting your wise-ass referee in the hospital. Also, since it's now proved kinda irrelevant I'm going to just go with a conclusion here. Maybe next time you'll think twice before having an NPC hit Aroon. Kazuki would have crippled him.

ic:

At first he didn't register what was going on, having had no reason to observe the referee other than his initial distaste for the mans intervention prior to the start of the second round, and as his body was jolted back by the fist --he could swear he heard something crack, a tooth perhaps-- he stopped himself in his tracks an instant later.

"Oh, you fucking didn't..."

If his bitter anger at fighting Ian before had any base for comparison, it was a slow simmer to the practical explosion the Thai erupted with as he snarled through his teeth at the white-and-black clad man. With any luck Ian would have backed away by now in light of what had happened, but whether he had or not was irrelevant. Aroon was out for blood, and the half-strength fighting he'd used against the boy was cast aside as he closed in on the blond.

Considering the lackluster level of fighting he'd displayed through the match it would be fairly simple for him to catch this fucker off-guard, and closing in he would use his forearm to push away another punch from the brass-knuckled hand, his other palm snapping out like lightning to clamp around the referees throat tightly as his body crashed into him. The force knocking the pair down, Aroon would land atop his impromptu opponent, leaning his weight down on his strangling hand as he choked the blond viciously, his brow furrowed and his eyes narrowed in a calculated intent to display just why it was in peoples best interests not to cross him.

Any swinging blows would likely last only a few seconds before the struggle for oxygen took precedent for the blond, and whilst his build was less than the referees, his grip was almost certainly superior. Whilst his teeth ground in frustration, he realised that he'd need to let go soon or he'd likely suffocate his prey, and after a moments consideration to the contrary he pulled his hand away and dropped his other in a sharp cracking punch to the forehead as he pushed back to his feet.

"You stupid son of a bitch...." he hissed, looking down at the blond as he coughed, gasping and gulping down the air through his now very much bruised throat. By now the announcer would be making his way into the ring, and before he was likely to be stopped by the inevitable flux of security who'd follow, he got his last hit in, snarling out his words in a near yell of spite before his blow landed.

"You think you can fuck with me!? I'm the Muay fucking TEMPEST!"

As his foot dropped swiftly onto the blonds face, part of him grimaced as he felt teeth give way, another part of him wanted to keep smashing his foot down, but after the first and only blow, he stepped back, his face pulled into a sneer of lessening anger as he exhaled slowly, stepping back from the blond as security began to pile into the ring. Holding his hands up as a few of them directed at him, he kept his palms open and backed away with a calmer smirk on his face.

"Hey, self-defence." he remarked with a grin, ignoring the announcement that he and the boy would apparently be expected to fight again as a result of the interference, but remaining a tad disgusted that despite his clear superiority in the match, even fighting at less than his maximum, he'd have to do the whole thing again. Not so much at Ian, he couldn't fault the boy for the official decision, but at the officials themselves for deeming it necessary to throw the boy to the wolves once more.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 5, 2009 10:00:45 GMT -6 »

"Wha-HEY!" Ian protested at the shove, his body easily pushed out of the way. He lost his center of balance and toppled over, wondering if it was round 3 already, and if so, why the referee pushed him. But then he took the assumption that it wasn't round three, only because the referee pushed Aroon and Ian figured that was against the rules. He wasn't aware of any tag teaming, and Ian turned to look at the older students that brought him here, laughing their asses in disbelief. And when he turned back, Aroon was choking the referee and Ian wondered just how much he had been holding back. And to be honest, he did not want to know the answer, because it seemed like the referee was in a whoooole lotta pain.

"You think you can fuck with me!? I'm the Muay fucking TEMPEST!"

Ian winced. He saw his foot raise, and he wanted to look away - he really did - but found himself oddly attracted to violence. Maybe it's because he was a boy, and the whole idea of Power Rangers and stuff were appealing to him. Yet, at the same time, this wasn't Power Rangers. Aroon wasn't wearing a red suit fighting disgusting looking aliens.

And then the announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to severe outside interference this match will be drawn as a No Contest. This leaves the SDCFL MMA title still vacant. But after a small discussion with the owner of the SDCFL, Ian Park and Aroon Kamsing will have a rematch under an un-named stipulation at out next event, Blackout!."

"Like hell," Ian hissed. Two months was more than enough time for Ian's arms to heal, but he was pretty much rendered useless until then. So how much training could he get, and just by how much would he improve before their second match? His conclusion was not much - if anything, he'd only be a little smarter with their next match, but it was plainly obvious that the older male had more experience and was holding back almost in all aspects.

"I'm done," Ian glared, then shifted his gaze over at Aroon, a grin slipping across his lips, "We'll fight again, and when we do, you shouldn't hold back."

Was it all a tough guy act? No, not really. Next time they fought, Ian would be sure to give 'em hell. Kekeke.