Author Topic: Boredom Equals Training (BK, Open) (Read 288 times)
Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Boredom Equals Training (BK, Open)
« Nov 29, 2015 20:04:13 GMT -6 via mobile »

She had abandoned her babysitter again, sneaking out of her Pod and making her way to the Tutorial. She just needed to move. Even with how big the grounds were, she was starting to feel cramped.

And she really hated not being allowed on missions.

Not bothering to use her speed, she started to focus on her endurance. She wrapped her hands, wrists, ankles, and feet, and was there, beating the hell out of a punching bag. Her form had improved immensely, and punching no longer hurt her knuckles.

She was proud of her improvement, but she knew she wasn't good enough. She needed to get better. Once she could get kickboxing down... Well, adding her speed into that could be deadly.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:09:55 GMT -6 »

Ken shut the door of the tutorial behind him, knowing full well that someone else might come barging in again to break them up. Not that he really cared- his purpose this time was different though. Rather than talk to her or convince her to just hit him until she wasn't angry anymore, he decided he would take another route.

"Hello again."

He walked inside, his hands devoid of rings though he still wore his necklace. He was in the same thing he wore every day- a sweater and sweatpants. He tore the sweater off, however, to reveal a white T-shirt underneath, which suited his gray bottoms well enough. He tucked the necklace inside the shirt before finishing the stretches he started in his room.

"You and me seem to have a habit of lining up our training times."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:14:18 GMT -6 via mobile »

She continued to move through the routine, grunting a greeting. She really had no interest in talking to this man, making friends with him, or really even fighting him again, even though she had asked for a rematch.

When they fought, she had been angry. She wanted to kill him. Now, she just wanted him to go away.

A little boost of speed made her kick even harder and the bag swung precariously before she stopped, turning to look at him. "Most people are in bed at this time," she commented, holding a hand out to catch the swinging bag.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:18:14 GMT -6 »

"Yeah."

He brought a hand up, scratching his head.

"I'm not a great sleeper. Three hours a night or so. And when I wake up, I work out. Keeps me focused."

He would move forward, standing opposite her and holding the bag. With him keeping tight against it she could kick as hard as she wanted, there was no way it was budging. He didn't ask her if she wanted him to do it- she seemed like someone of few words.

"Speed....it's a hell of an ability."

He thought for a moment. If she kept hitting the bag, he would simply think while absorbing the blows.

"I...had a thought from our last fight, if you care to hear it."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:25:36 GMT -6 via mobile »

She let him hold the bag for a solid moment, remaining still and staring at him. He was brave, approaching her after she had been so willing to kill him. She had to give him that.

She continued to hit the bag, using her fists instead of her legs. She didn't bother saying anything for a little while. Deadly? He didn't know the half of it.

"Go," she grunted. "Ahead."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:32:10 GMT -6 »

Ken would hold the bag steady as she burned some time and threw some blows.

"I think you and I should train together- at actual set times."

Ken watched her, holding the bag with some relative ease.

"If me and you were to...intertwine our abilities? Super speed, Super strength, and durability? We would become a little more than deadly on an individual scale. We'd become a fuckin' nuclear deterrent."

And nobody would mess when them on the field.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:35:12 GMT -6 via mobile »

"No."

She continued to beat into the bag, one punch far harder than she intended. It actually hurt her bones. Stopping, she stepped a few feet back, and turned her clear grey eyes onto him.

She didn't explain herself, but she seemed to be waiting for him to ask. If he didnt, she wouldn't bother explaining, but for once... she was actually willing to answer questions.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:41:24 GMT -6 »

Bk would grip tighter at the last impact, grinning as she said no. He liked the punch, and the chick had spunk. Clearly, she wasn't adept at making friends but if going it solo worked for her then who was he to come in and interrupt that?

"Why not?"

Didn't mean he wasn't curious, though.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:46:19 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I have to focus on something right now."

She spun on one foot, her other coming up for a roundhouse kick that should make the bag shake, even in his arms. The power of the kick was fairly surprising, coming from such a frail looking girl.

"If I live past that," she said, stepping forward and immediately throwing another punch, "then maybe."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:49:59 GMT -6 »

Ken took a step back from the blow, but didn't really seem phased. He hummed a little at her answer, though.

"Must be quite the thing to focus on, if the result is life or death."

He didn't ask what it was, though.

"Though I'm not asking to be your friend or to suck up a lot of time. Just train, when we have moments. You can't deny that working together wouldn't be beneficial."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:58:30 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Right now, its irrelevant," she said again, and pushed her elbow into the bag, sending it swinging once more, since he wasn't holding it anymore.

She knew she wouldn't ever really be friends with him, but he did have a point. They could help each other out. They could be indestructible on the field.

But it was still irrelevant.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 20:58:42 GMT -6 »

"Really? How so?"

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 21:01:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

She stopped, standing firm as she turned to finally look at him, letting the bag swing back and forth a few times between them. Was he deaf?

"I just told you."

If she died next week, no amount of training would matter.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 21:11:15 GMT -6 »

Ken would pause, letting go and using one arm on the bag, holding it there.

"No, you said that you had something to focus on and if you live past it, then maybe we'd train. But your actions speak louder than your words."

Using his other hand, he gestured at her, then the bag. Then he looked around at where they were.

"If it's irrelevant, if the answer is you might be dead- then what are you doing here now? Why are you still training at all?"

He let go of the bag, using that hand to scratch his chin.

"See....whatever your dealing with- physical, mental, emotional- personal, whatever. It doesn't take away from the fact that you feel the need to get better. That you want to be better to face whatever you got comin'. I could die on a mission this week, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop training today. You don't go into something preparing for failure- that's just setting you up for it. Truth is, you already know that, or you wouldn't be here."

Unless he missed her meaning- but to him, she was refusing to train with him because she might die from whatever she had to focus on. But if she was going to train anyway-

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 21:19:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

"I'm training right now because I'm bored," she said simply, stopping and turning to look at him. "I'm training because it gives me something to do.

I won't train with you because that's a commitment, and I'm not committing to anything. I don't know if I expect to live through this."

She crossed her arms and stared at him again, her expression serious but not homicidal.

"I'll tell you what. I live through this, and we'll train. Regularly."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 21:22:52 GMT -6 »

Ken blinked. He disagreed entirely with her reasons for saying no- whatever she was dealing with, it was no more dangerous than what they dealt with day in and day out. Any number of them could die at any moment on a mission. To pass up on getting better at fighting with a teammate simply because of what might come from the next problem? To Ken, just didn't seem prudent.

"If that's what you want."

He stepped out onto the floor.

"Though, since we're here now, how about you and me have another go? Hand to hand."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 21:46:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

She stared at him as if he were stupid.

"You're stronger than me." She stated simply. "If you can hit me, it's over. So no."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 22:23:00 GMT -6 »

He laughed.

"You think that the sum of my abilities is strength? I know how to fight without it, and how to hit someone without killing them. I'd have been put away for life if I didn't know how to keep my strength under control."

He would crack his neck.

"C'mon. Pure training. No powers."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 22:53:30 GMT -6 via mobile »

She gave a shake of her head, trying not to look as disgusted as she felt. Did this guy really think she stood a chance against him? She was tiny.

"You took a kick to the kneecaps that should have broken bone. There's no point in fighting against somebody I know I can't damage."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 1:17:58 GMT -6 »

Ken sighed. He stood from his stance, putting his hands on his hips.

"Really? Kuz I've never felt the kind of punishment you laid down last time. Even when I fought Mathew. Just because you didn't snap my knee like a twig doesn't mean fighting me is hopeless. There are ways to bring anyone down. Anyone."

Of course, he wasn't about to tell her his weaknesses. He didn't even know this girl.

"And I'm not talking about beating the shit out of each other. Training is as much about technique as it is dealing damage. MMA fighters get in the ring with partners all the time, just to work on technique. And I already said- you'll get hit with the kind of blows someone of my size would normally have. So yeah, it'll hurt- but I get the feeling you can take it."

Ken would jam a thumb at the staff.

"If not hand to hand, lets go with the staff. If I remember right, it was your weapon of choice. Just so happens it's mine too."

If she said no this time, he'd have to give her the time she wanted in the tutorial, as it would be clear she wanted nothing to do with him at that point.

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2015 1:18:38 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 1:24:11 GMT -6 via mobile »

There was a long moment of silence as she contemplated what he said. He seemed interested in a spar, a friendly spar, and that wasn't something she was familiar with. She hurt him because she used her powers.

She took a deep breath, then, and offered him a nod. "Staff to staff," she agreed, already moving towards the wall. She decided to remain bare foot in case she needed to use her legs, but that wasn't something she was going to tell him. "I'll keep my speed lower, but I'm not going to completely cancel it out. Your bones are too strong... I'd rather even the fight a little bit."

Grabbing the wooden staff, she turned to him, fingers wrapping around the middle section firmly. She gave it a single spin before slipping it along her side, holding it firm and crouching.

"Agreed?"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 1:29:15 GMT -6 »

Ken would take the metal staff that leaned in the corner- his staff, and would give it a twirl. He have a corner-mouthed grin and would nod.

"Deal."

He didn't tell her that he still intended to cancel out his impressive strength regardless. If she wanted an advantage, he wasn't going to argue with her. He used to try and fight his father all the time, and it always appeared hopeless until he was older. Then, his Dad always kept a card up his sleeve, preventing Ken from snapping his neck.

Holding the staff in his right hand, he would whip it up, coming from the bottom left in a diagonal strike toward her left ribcage, fully expecting her to defend.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 1:34:59 GMT -6 via mobile »

It was a very common move, and considering her position, one of the only ones he could make.

She met his staff with her own and, before the sound could fully register, turn. Her back would be half turned to him as she took a horizontal swing with her staff, aiming for the soft part of his side just above his hips.

Not only was it a well practiced moved, but her hands and the staff moved too fast to really be seen.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 1:43:39 GMT -6 »

As the block hit, Ken would perform a rather unorthodox move.

He'd let her hit him.

As the staff made rough contact he would throw himself bodily at her, aiming to shoulder-check her with enough force to send her sprawling. Still, it was nowhere near the strength he used when he pinned her with one arm and would probably be easy to recover from. Ken would gently lift his shirt where her staff hit, a thin red line appearing on his skin. While bulletproof, his Iron Hide did not block out pain, or contact welts such as the one he held now. He winced a little as he lowered the shirt but was ready for her next attack,

"C'mon then Blur. Keep it up."

Since he didn't know her name, he went with Blur.

Made sense, right?

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 2:08:37 GMT -6 via mobile »

His body, significantly larger than hers, managed to hit. She stumbled backwards, but her training with Mat kicked in and she managed to keep her feet.

Before his sentence was completed, she was charging again, picking up speed. Just before she reached him, she would seem to fall, sliding forward to take a forceful swing at his ankles. Strong bones or not, she wanted to ground him.

The second she felt contact, if she felt it, she would use her momentum to toss herself to the right, his left, away from what she assumed to be his dominant arm and his staff, tucking and rolling.

A few feet away, she'd end up on her fists and toes, staff in her right hand.

Quick Reply