Author Topic: Ground Zero: Roth v Afano (Wrestling Title Bout) (Read 390 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Ground Zero: Roth v Afano (Wrestling Title Bout)
« Jul 28, 2009 20:04:14 GMT -6 »

(Note: Afano WILL NOT be used by myself for this fight. This is an actual RP between sperate individuals. I swear my life on it)

(OOC: Playing the announcer for this post only)

The SDCFL arena, a small arena in the eastern outskirts of San Diego. An underground fighter's league that is open to every willing and proven participant. Tonight will be their first major event. Ground Zero. Live on Internet stream, free for on their website thanks to region-wide advertising. Four fights would take place that night The MMA Title match, Steel Cage Title, the Hardcore Title match, and the Wrestling Title match. The arena was packed with students from the Chula Vista Collective. The cheers echoed throughout the arena as the Announcer made his way to the center ring.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Tonight the San Diego Championship Fighters League presents Ground Zero!"

The crowd roared with excitement as the night had officially begun. Chants for the company and Ground Zero echoed throughout the location. Drinks were cheap at the bar, and catering provided by the near by reastraunt, Jesse’s Bar and Grille. The crowd settled as the Announcer started up again.

“Our Main Event of the night will be for the SDCFL * Championship Title!”

“Coming out first, weighing in at 290 pounds, standing at 6 foot 1, "The Wild" Afano Anoa'i!”

The crowed roared once more for the first contender. Signs, chants, and of course the occasional boo. The Announcer would give him some time to settle into the environment before introducing the next competitor.

“And his opponent, weighing in at 222 pounds, standing at 6 foot 2, Roth "The Peacemaker" O'Roak!”

A similar reaction would flow. None of tonight’s fighters would be known well enough to have a definitive position on the fighter unless they knew him personally. The announcer made his way out of the ring next to the two Commentators. Joe Style a small figure that roots for the under dog, with the catch fraise “OH MY GOD!”. With him was his partner “The General” Ken Savarro, former SDCFL wrestling, MMA, and Hardcore Champion. With everyone in there place (after their enerances) the bell would ring and the match was on its way.

(We have until August 31st. To win, blood must e drawn, then one opponent must be pushed to the enterance past a line on the stretcher, and then climb a ladder and take the title.)

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 20:29:37 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 10, 2009 16:26:21 GMT -6 »

My heavy breathing echoed through out the empty locker room. Everyone else had already fought and was either A: Enjoying the fruits of their sweet victory, or B: Being treated in the small medic room down the dark lit and gloomy hallway. Sweat ran down my face on all ends. It felt good. With a long haul of my body I was up, and ready to take what was rightfully mine.

“Coming out first, weighing in at 290 pounds, standing at 6 foot 1, "The Wild" Afano Anoa'i!”

'The Wild. It put a smile on my face. I grew up watching the small black and white TV back on the isle. The Wild Samoans of the famous Anoa'i wrestling family. Unfortunately there wasn't any connection between us. I was going to be better then them, and make a name for my self.

Personally, I liked all music, but what suit me most was my current song blasting through the SDCFL arena.

Cheers echoed and deafened my ears. The adrenaline pumped through my veins as I approached the squared circle. Tonight, Ground Zero, I would win this title like I should. Utilizing my strength I climbed up the ropes and smile to the crowd. I was a favorite here. A long term SDCFL vet and a wrecking ball made from Samoan flesh and blood.

As the music began to fade I jumped off the turnbuckles. A quick pace to the center ring I awaited Roth to come out. We had met before, socially and in the ring. Last time we didn't get to see who would win, but now there would be a loser and a winner. There would be nothing to stop me.

Roth would come in with his entrance. He was an athlete, and I respected that. A bit cocky and ignorant, but from what I've heard he can back up his words. After he got settled I would approach with my hand held out for a gentleman's shake. This wasn't;'t a place of carnage, but a place of honor and respect.

"Telafo Roth. May the better man win."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 10, 2009 17:25:09 GMT -6 »

“And his opponent, weighing in at 222 pounds, standing at 6 foot 2, Roth "The Peacemaker" O'Roak!”

Those were the only sounds Roth could remember hearing. He had been late to get ready for his match after watching the previous bouts. They were all unique and served a good amount of entrainment. But now it was his turn. The Main Event.

The wrestling Collective student burst through the door a few seconds late after his music blared up. He wore a pair of Tripp pants with a dark red trim along with his pair of wrestling boots and white athletic tape with a red X going over his hands. It was his signature look that the audience learned to love.

Roth loved his loud, booming theme. It expressed exactly how he felt before every match. Pumped, ecstatic, nervous, and flashy. After having a small pow wow with the fans in the front row Roth would jump up onto the ring side and duck under the top rope. As he went in his right leg would just catch the second rope giving a little spring to his left step.

The crowd had waited too long for any more showboating. It was time for a nice good fight. Roth grabbed the large Samoans hand with good force and a smile on his face.

"Of course Afano. Now lets give these people a show."

*DING*

Roth wouldn't let go of Afnao's hand at the bell. He went straight on the offensive. With a quick jerk of his arm Roth would pull the 350+ Samoan Wrecking Ball into him. As his larger then life opponent came forward Roth would release him and go for a good jab to the jaw from his left hand. His would leave Roth behind and to the right of the Samoan. He would wait for his to turn and launch a nice bid side kick straight to his jaw.

It was time to fight now. No holding back. Full force, balls to the wall. This would be a fight neither of them would forget.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 26, 2009 19:02:10 GMT -6 »

Shit

I was never good on footing, the reasoning behind being pulled forward into Roth. This gothic fighter was extremely strong for his age and stature, on par with myself in brute, raw, physical power, but it was how you used it which made it count. I'm a big target which in turn gives a lot of defense, and surprisingly, speed.

The sucker left hook hit square on. My jaw stinging and aching from the impact, and the bone on the opposing side from the stretch of the bones. I watched the my opponent intently now. Roth was no longer fighting for the hell of it like in their first encounter. He was fighting with a purpose, just like me.

The momentum of my large body was still going forward and now slowly to the right. Out of the miniscule corner of my eye a large foot was spinning and heading in my direction. With little less then a thought my arm shot up and intercepted the hit. If that kick had hit it may have well knocked me out cold. Now, it was time to execute my own assault.

I would send Roth leg swiftly to the ground. Batting it away as if it had been a mosquito flying for my blood. Quickly I turned my body against the spinning direction from the pounding hit. Each arm of mine would latch onto and then weave into the crevasses of my adversaries arm, bringing him close and leaning back ever so slightly.

With what seemed to been lightning fast movement My head would ram itself full force into Roth's. A time-crushing clash of the titans. Roth had some height on me, but I had the upper hand now. Using my thick Samoan skull as a battering ram I wouldn't stop until blood sprayed from either of our heads.

My race of wrestlers were know for the head butting maneuvers.
I am the young master...
I am the Samoan Wrecking Ball...
I am the God of Thunder.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 26, 2009 21:03:57 GMT -6 »

Only a few seconds had passed since the opening bell, and already both fighters were ready to kill each other. The Boston wrestler was fast in his instinct reactions, but slow when it came to figuring things out. What he knew now was that A: His sucker punch worked like a charm, his kick had hit something hard, and now his arms were trapped by his Samoan opponent as he took three massive head butts.

Roth took each blow, one after the other. His vision already began to blur, and he could feel the bruises already forming across his face. One to the center of his fore head, on to the upper right side of his nose and one last hit right above his left eye. Rage ensued the Irish beast, and now he would fight fire with fire.

At what seemed to be the opportune moment Roth would use what little arm m movement he had to grab onto the giant meaty biceps of the Samoan. Using his own power and speed the Boston wrestler launch his own barrage of head butts. He and the Samoan would hit over and over again until he saw the blood trickle down his or Afano's face.

This is how Roth always fought. In the moment desperation using all the skills he learned in, and outside the ring. His skills proved him well, and his name was known through-out the country. He would wait for the blood, the crimson mask, at the moment he saw it Roth would sen d kicks to the right thigh of the Samoan and push him off ready to go get a stretcher.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 18:29:32 GMT -6 »

Roth was indeed a skilled fighter. Given he never thought about what he was doing, he always manged to utilize that survival instinct. Thats what I liked about him. Our heads collided in what seemed like perfect symmetry. The time, power, and impact were all of epic and equal proportions. The Unstoppable Force had met the Immovable Object.

Blood.

I didn't know if it was my blood, or his blood at first. Later I realized it was both our bloods. O'Roak's Irish flowing blood, and my Samoan Islander blood few and merged as one. In the back of my head I just hoped that he didn't carry AIDS. Not that it was a high chance of infection, but it just stuck with me. Those little thought always seem to creep up on me.

At the moment our bloods sprayed into each others faces I released the "Peacemaker". I felt a nice hard kick to my thigh. Pain shot up my rather large leg, through my damaged spine, and into my brain causing a mumbled version of a Samoan curse. Only one kick hit as I moved back at the stinging, throbbing and later to be bruised pain. Looking up I saw Roth run away through the ropes. I had almost for got, it was time for stage two.

Giving my chest a good slap to wake me up from the reality of the crimson mask I followed Roth though the same set of ropes. His body would shine out of the corner of my eye, but my focus was starting to drain as I wiped my think Samoan blood on the second rope as I climbed my way through.

Only one thought pulsed through my sweating bleeding head as I passed through the realm of the squared circle and the outer arena limits.

'I am the God of Thunder, and tonight I will show This city who I really am.'

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 18:47:18 GMT -6 »

(OOC: BTW my and Afnao are with each other trying to finish this as quickly as we can. RL interaction > PM)

The large, muscular Irish figure rushed himself through the ropes in an attempt to momentarily escape the wrath of the Samoan Wrecking Ball. Roth clumsily fell between the ropes to the hard concrete floor. There were no mats here. People wanted blood and crippling fights, not 'sports entertainment'. Luckily for the audience they already got their blood.

The bloodied titan lay on his shivering hands and knees. He could barley think after the assault of head butt collisions. So far he had gotten the most hits in, but those head butts were signature to Afano, and thus he now had the upper hand.

Sluggish and painfully Roth rose to his feet and raised his flexing arms covered in bloodied tape. It drove the crowd wild with excitement. The fallen hero ready to rise again. Roth turned around to see Afano now coming out of the ring after him.

"Shit!"

With a quick glance of the ring he saw what he had looked for, a stretcher. Quickly Roth had and collapsed to the tool of stage two. Roth looked on as he saw Afano's browned back slumping out of the ring. An impulse of adrenaline flowed through him as he charged full force with the stretcher wheeled behind him.

If all went as plan the metal handling and border of the stretcher would clip the Achilles heel of the God of Thunder and send him falling onto the stretcher. It was desperate and had a low chance of occurring, but if it did then Roth would without question roll that stretcher past the turnbuckle (not with stairs) and head to the line at the entrance ramp. He saw his chance of victory, and charged at it.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 19:18:32 GMT -6 »

Those last thoughts echoed in my swollen and bloodied head. God of Thunder. A title given to me by my father. Together we worked for many years in this business, ever since it was really put on the map. Together we were the Gods of Thunder, two large Samoan wrestlers looking to make a living. That was nice until he made it all crash and burn. Cocaine is one hell of a drug kids.

I can only remember three things after getting halfway through the ring. A shattering pain in my right ankle, another scraping pain from what I can only assume was the rough plastic of the stretcher, and the loud thundering noise that was created as I fell hard to the stretcher. It was one hell of a miracle for Roth that my weight didn't crush the Safety Yellow metal rig.

But thats all I can remember for the next minute. Roth would push my heavy weight up the ramp heading for the finish line. A steep uphill climb would seem impossible for the smaller young man, I awoke what I assumed had to be a series of minutes at the very top of the entrance ramp.

I didn't know if I had already lost the second stage, or if I had time to save my sorry ass. All I could do was send a kick to where I could only assume Roth was at the moment. A large bulked Samoan leg aimed for what seemed like a figure of a hazed body. The kick would either hot and allow me to sit up, or miss and drop me completely off the stretcher.

'I am the God of Thunder. I will beat this man and show him no mercy. I must...fight on...'

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 19:48:58 GMT -6 »

Somewhere, up in the heavens, a pure innocent white angel watched the competition of the two fighters in an old arena in Eastern San Diego. He or she watched with enthusiasm as Roth set up the stretcher for Afano's leg. The angle must have liked Roth as a miracle blessed him as the tiny chunk of metal clip[ped Afanos wing and sent him falling back to the earth. Or it could have been a fluke...yeah probably a fluke.

It didn't matter to Roth as he watched the miracle/fluke unfold as the Samoan landed on his heavy back without breaking the stretcher. Amazement hit the blood stained eyes of the Peacemaker as it all flowed together so smoothly for him. Within a moment, he snapped out of the sensation and went to work.

Initially Roth pulled the unconscious Samoan to the beginning of the ramp. His aching muscles, bones, and brain were to over worked to keep that up. Pushing on the other hand wouldn't blow out his back. Roth hand strong knees despite having broken once before, they were still better then his previously smashed up spine.

3 minutes.

It was funny. The same time sung about in Afano's entrance was the exact amount of time it took for him to wake up. Roth tore through pain, aches, and cramps getting the 300+ pounder up the steel ramp on the creaking yellow stretcher. Every part of his battered bloodied body ached as he reached the flat top. The line was in sight, only about two feet to go.

*CRACK*

With no warning or hesitation Roth fell to one knee and held his head in severe pain. The large Samoans leg had struck Roth head hard to the eye. In a matter of seconds it was swollen and bloodied. Roth now had one eye to fight with along with the crushing pain from this fight. Roth's rage ensued and he looked up to see Afano sitting upon the stretcher. He still had a chance.

A third wind had came over Roth. The second wind had been used to put Afano on the stretcher. This third wind kicked in through the broken man's body. Using every fiber of will and power from his body Roth leaped up and sent a left knee into Afano's chin. To an unseasoned fighter this would spell the end. Roth wished Afano would be sent right back to sleep.

After it hit any part of the Samoan's body Roth would go back to his pushing position and heave all of his might into pushing the Samoan over that line. As soon as he heard the bell knowing he had comelted his mission he would try to jog, or limp back to the ring, now in search of a ladder to capture his coveted gold.

No mercy, no holding back. He was going balls to the wall.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 20:30:03 GMT -6 »

Roth was one tough son of a bitch. That, I had to admit. I had never met a man like him. He hadn't stopped moving the entire match. Since that opening bell rung that Irish brute hadn't stopped moving. At least I had a rest. Those three or so minutes gave me a bit of time to rest as I later awakened and sent out my kick.

Another miracle in this match as my guess kick had landed in what felt like Roth's face. I felt bad in a way in which that kick could have ended Roth for good. I wasn't looking to end anybody, only do what it would take to feel that bloodied gold in my large islander hands.

I sat up and took one long last breath before being clonked hard in the chin by Roth's knee. It fucking hurt. I could feel the swelling begin and my jaw felt like for just a moment it unhinged itself, and the reattached. The impact sent me flopping back over onto the stretcher, my eyes could only stare into the bright white stage lights. All I heard was the bell. The unstoppable force hand ruptured the immovable object and answered the age old question.

The bell woke me up pretty good though. I was up in a matter of seconds as I saw Roth. He was limping at a moderate pace back to the ring. I looked at him, then the title a good 20 feet above the ring, and the back at Roth. Thats where my crazed plan came to formation.

With only a little more then a flick of my arms the protective plastic bedding of the stretcher had been thrown off. Afterwords with tender care I hunched myself onto the stretcher, both feet planted firm to the Safety Yellow metal structure. Slowly bu t surley I moved, inching toward the ramp connection. in less then a few seconds I speed down the ramp surfing the tool of my demise.

Quite a sight to be honest. A behemoth Samoan cruising down a stretcher aimed at hims opponent. All I could really hear was throbbing booms and echos of what I could only assume was cheering. A few seconds of travel and I was behind the limping Roth. With a great leap of faith I jumped at the man. Incoming high speed bulldog to pull Roth's face into the ground.

After the hit, or any hit of my body to his I would lay on the floor to regain my strength. One last breather before getting the ladder hidden nicely under the ring. 15 feet of steel was all that was left to begin the legacy of the God of Thunder.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 20:53:46 GMT -6 »

If only there was a before and after picture of Roth for this fight. At the beginning his was pumped, energized, and all cleaned-up. Now his hair was a sweaty matted mess, his face and hands were covered in a mix of blood, and every fiber of his being ached with immense pain. He had been in some monumental fights with some of the best fighters in and out of the ring, but this would go down as one of his greatest fights in his young life.

Roth barley kept his body standing, how it was walking with intentions to climb a ladder was anybodies guess. Somehow, he did. His ears echoed with loud booming, and a weird sounding like...rolling. Roth wiped his head back to see an unbelievable sight. He couldn't believe his eyes as he saw the large Samoan Wrecking Ball fly at him full force. The only thing Roth had left was what he always used. Survival instincts.

No thought came into what he did. only trained action. With a dizzy awe struck smile Roth leaped into the air with a spin and a wide right leg. A move named only the Vandamninator, but signature to Roth since his days back home in Boston.

The Unstoppable force had one last obsticle to go. Afano Anoa'i would collide with Roth's foot and no doubt be taken out. Roth may have been nearly standing, but any sight of his opponent finally staying down would give him the will to grab to 15 foot ladder and make his way to the top.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 21:26:14 GMT -6 »

I just can't catch a break. No matter what I do or did this Roth guy just wont quit. I walked right into that kick. Right to the face, i never made contact with my surfing maneuver. It's...it's amazing...Roth's ability to sustain such pain. It's almost at an un-human level. This match isn't over though. We still have the ladder.

The Vandaminator hit full force, but Roth would be sent forward, most likely hitting the edge of the ring. Both of us would be down for a bout a minutes, at least. We were all exhausted, battered, just looking forward to winning the title and going home. Thats what him and I both wanted more then anything right now.

I laid on my back for what seemed like a life-time. I was running on empty, ready to collapse at any moment. After that last hit it sent my into a state of Novocaine. Every part of me was numbed but still able to move.

Slowly, but surly I urged my self to get onto my feet. This wasn't over by a long shot. This was it, the final stretch. With the last bit of adrenaline I had left I jumped to my feet and went for the ladder. Roth too was now after it, but before any measurements could be taken I threw my end of the ladder inside the ring.

Last stretch...one last moment...my time to shine as the God of Thunder.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 21:51:58 GMT -6 »

Direct Hit! Roth smiled as he was sent flying into the ring apron. It was a nice hard fall, but using his brash instinctual style Roth held onto the ropes keeping his body standing, and ready to fight. One last trial of the champion. Roth took about 30 seconds to regain his composure. With a final realization of where he was and what he was doing he went straight for the ladder.

It was heavy, bright shining steel that he thought he was lifting single handedly until he saw his Samoan rival throw his end into the ring. At that Roth booked his ass into the ring and utilized his speed more then his strength to set up the ladder right under the SDCFL Wrestling Championship title belt. The golden greatness hung there untouched by either man as the ladder was set.

He no longer cared about Afano, all he saw was the glinting golden god above him. Slowly but surly he climbed his ladder reaching for the title. The Samoan was out of his mind and he climbed each limb of the ladder. Inch by inch the Boston native made his way to the top. Roth would stop at what would either be an interfering Samoan, or the final grasp at the title.

Reaching up he would grab the title hard within his grasp. No force or immovable object would make him release that title. It was his now, and nothing would stop it.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 22:02:26 GMT -6 »

Here it was, the chance to end it all. I threw that shining ladder in the ring with what strength I could. Falling to one knee I watched as my quicker opponent made haste to capture the 20 foot high championship. I can't...I won't let that happen. One last deep breath and I climbed my fat ass into the ring.

I fell into the turnbuckle as I continued to watch the gothic warrior climb that 15 foot monstrosity with the little strength he had left. This was it, once he got into the position I would strike. Waited like a python in the grass I stalked my pray. My tongue hung out of my mouth. A combination of heritage and the need to win.

There it was. Roth latched his arms at the end of the hanging title. This is when I striked. With a monumental tackle I would take down the ladder from the bottom right from under Roth's feet. He would fall or hang there. Either way I now held the ultimate upper hand.

If Roth feel to the ground I would set myself up for the Spike, and take my time claiming my prize. If He hung there I would then take the fallen ladder, my new too to bat my Irish pinata until blood and guts poured out like candy.

This would be the new age. The age of Thunder.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 31, 2009 22:16:05 GMT -6 »

This was the key moment for Roth's victory. His right eyes was still swollen shut and had almost no energy left to function. But out of the very corner of his left eye he saw Afano and his new intended actions. Roth would watch him charge at the ladder as he climbed to the very unstable top of the ladder.

Just as the ladder left his feet Roth jumped into the air holding onto the title for dear life. Gravity would pull Roth back down to the earth. As he jumped into mid air Roth saw Afano below on a perfect position. With a small angle adjustment Roth would execute a move he called, the Boston Bomb. A front flip into a standing or laying leg drop.

The title pulled as Roth both fell to the ground and spun with a leg drop into Afano for the Bomb, As he went the title's buttons ripped apart one by one off the hanging wire. Roth O'Roak had taken the title and now Bombed Afano Anoa'i.

He had done it, there was no argument against it. The new SDCFL Wrestling Champion was non other than The Peacemaker.