Author Topic: Sugar and Spice <3 (Read 368 times)
sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
« Jul 28, 2009 20:58:18 GMT -6 »

Closed to Pain Killer

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice
That's what little girls are made of.
--Mother Goose

[/color][/ul][/font]

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
    « Jul 29, 2009 2:23:29 GMT -6 »

For someone who prided himself on his strength, it wasn't uncommon to find the self-proclaimed Pain Killer in a fitness centre. While he enjoyed training on his own, Adam had very little knowledge of the city of San Diego, unaware of any nearby secluded spots to keep up his impressive conditioning. It would be this mindset that would initially bring Pain Killer into the gym, overcoming his distaste for having others observe his training methods. His work out clothing, perhaps predictably, was the same sort of attire he always wore. Black fingerless gloves covered hands that drove into the floor, driving into the mat to force near two hundred and seventy pounds up against gravity. A black muscle shirt hung around Pain Killer's neck, having worked its way loose from being tucked into his jeans, exposing most of his upper body as he pushed himself harder, almost in a directly vertical manner. Despite his best efforts, however, Pain Killer didn't have the balance to do handstand pushups perfectly, forcing him to place the toes of his shoes against the wall closest to him, keeping him from tipping over.

"...47...48...49...50..."

Slowly, carefully, Adam lowered himself from the wall, bringing himself to a sitting position with his back leaning against the wall, catching his breath from his exhertions. He'd been at this particular gym for a few hours now, making up for his past few days of slacking off. Moving into the university had taken up much of his time, and he hadn't had a chance to get back to training at his normal, almost suicidal levels. Panting slightly, the sound of someone whistling would catch his attention, the youngest surviving Rydell looking towards the sound and frowning when he recognized the situation. Gyms were notorious for guys hopped up on testosterone out to prove they were an alpha male, and it would seem this one was no exception.

With a sigh, Pain Killer pushed himself off the floor, snatching the towel up he had laid beside him. His path towards the dumbbells took him past the whistler and his work out buddy, unintentionally, but past them all the same. Wiping his face with the white fabric, Pain Killer would catch the last bit of conversation between the two men while walking by them.

"Man, that chick's hot. I bet I can get her number before you, Dave."

Aw hell.

Frowning, Adam's pace would slow somewhat, his eyes narrowing in annoyance. He absolutely hated most people for this very reason, and Romeo wannabe's were high on his list of people deserving to hit the ground face first. The years had changed him somewhat, mellowing him out to a degree. If he were the same man he was in high school, he would've started swinging fists at the two of them with no regard to their public setting, causing much more trouble than the two of them were worth. Instead, he would take a different approach. Changing direction slightly, Pain Killer would walk towards the female the two had been talking about, effectively beating them to the punch and making it awkward if they were to approach her while he was there. Walking up from Sable's right side, Pain Killer would rest the towel on his right shoulder, waiting until he was fairly close before feeling it appropriate to speak in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Hey. You need someone to spot you?"

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
    « Jul 31, 2009 12:55:03 GMT -6 »

Women and cats
    will do as they please,
    and men and dogs should relax
    and get used to the idea.
    --Robert A. Heinlein

[/color]

With another smile, I picked up the towel, placing it over my right shoulder. With my left I picked up my bag and with my right I grabbed the water bottle.

"I was actually planning on doing some pull ups, maybe you can make sure I don't fall."

With a wink I began walking over to an empty pull up bar, placing my things nearby on the ground.[/ul][/font][/font]

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
      « Aug 6, 2009 16:24:37 GMT -6 »

"Even pups can be annoying, since they're so energetic. I just figured I'd save you the hassle."

Shrugging, Adam would smile slightly at the woman's next words, catching the wink and for once, understanding the playful manner behind it. His normal bad mood starting to give way, Pain Killer would follow at a comfortable distance, since, after all, he didn't even know her name, though he figured it didn't particularly matter at the moment.

It's not like I came over to pick her up or anything, so it shouldn't matter. Right?

Not really having an answer, Pain Killer would choose to focus on the task at hand instead, hanging his towel off of another bar a few feet away. Taking a moment to get ready, Adam wiped his messy hair out of his eyes, frowning when it found its way back in front once more.

"Alright. Well, I guess I'll stand behind you, then, when you get up there."

Assuming, of course, that Sable would grab the bar, Pain Killer would indeed position himself behind her, lightly placing his hands on her sides in the same manner he'd seen others spot each other. Having always trained by himself, the youngest surviving Rydell found himself improvising on the fly in order to actually spot someone correctly. His position behind Sable give him a rather interesting view, causing a slight blush to form on his cheeks as he turned his face away, speaking quickly in order to get his mind on more appropriate topics.

"You're in pretty good shape. You play a lot of sports, or somethin'?"

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
      « Aug 7, 2009 9:30:22 GMT -6 »

[/color]

Shrugging myself, we arrived at the bar; my things being placed off to the side on the ground. Subconsciously I began humming a light tune to myself, something of the classical nature as I fixed my ponytail. A simple nod of acknowledgment would be my response to his words, while I dipped into my bag for a pair of fingerless black leather gloves. Pulling them out, I would stroll back over to the bar with my back facing him slipping the gloves on it's respectable hand. Once they were securely on I would stretch my arms upwards towards the bar, gripping them firmly while I felt his hands being placed upon my waist.

Most guys would probably die to be in the position he was in now. Especially that guy that was trying to grab my attention earlier, which I had taken a quick glance his way and was able to catch the pissed off glare he was giving this one. Doubtly he would let this go without trying to be macho and say something. I never understood that about males in a gym. It's like their macho level comes out ten fold. Meanwhile I steadily pulled my body up and down, breathing in and out with each pull and dip. I heard the quick spoken tone from behind me and it made me laugh a little. Was he embrassed or something? Now that would be interesting.

"Thank you.. But no I don't play a lot of sports, I just like to keep in shape.... By the way, seems like you're the object of jealousy right now."[/ul][/font]

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
        « Aug 15, 2009 0:24:12 GMT -6 »

"Hm?"

Curious to find where this jealousy was coming from, Pain Killer let his gaze wander across the gym, finally coming across the guys he'd cut off from before. Not one to ever leave well enough alone, Adam would smirk tauntingly at the man's glare, knowing full well he was adding fuel to the fire. The fact that there was two of them didn't make him hesitate in the slightest, as for better or for worse, Adam generally refused to back down, even when outmatched.

"Can't say I really blame 'em. Hell, I probably ruined his perfect pickup line of 'Nice legs, when do they open?'."

Smiling in amusement, the simple-minded male couldn't help but go back on the task at hand, doing his best to keep his eyes from wandering. His developing years hadn't been spent socializing and as such, he often had difficulty finding the socially acceptable thing to do in these types of situations. As much as it pained him to admit, he found himself drawing upon memories of Dain and Kyukaku, trying to imagine what they would do, though the thought of their infernal good moods made him scowl in annoyance.

On second thought, I'll just try it myself.

"I'm Adam, by the way. Adam Rydell. I just moved here, so if you see the local tough guy around here, lemme know. I'll kick the crap outta him and make a name for myself here, too."

While he meant every word he said, there was a hint of playfulness in his voice. After all, while he enjoyed fighting and the fame/noteriety that came with it, Pain Killer preferred to know the types of people he'd have to go up against before randomly picking fights.

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
        « Aug 23, 2009 12:26:03 GMT -6 »

Again a small chuckle escaped through closed lips, the thought of that line coming from anyone's lips would make me laugh instantly. If not, I would certainly stare at them for a brief moment before walking away without a single word. There's always been a part of me that often wonder why men thought making a sexual comment as their opening line would attract a female. Did they really think that most responded to such vulgar comments? Sometimes those sexual comments are some what welcomed much later into the conversation if say the attraction and interest is there, but not for a starter.

Continuing to pull my body up and slowly lower myself down, my eyes again shot at the direction of the two males from before. One in particular seemed even more pissed than before, it showed in the way his friend was attempting to hold him back and the flustered look upon his face. I smiled at it myself as the one behind me began to introduce himself as Adam Rydell. Momentarily I thought about that movie Grease since they students there attended Rydell High. A small funny coincidence. Still with a smile on my face I let go of the bar suddenly without any sort of warning to Adam. My feet would laid on the ground unless he some how managed to completely stop me by holding much tighter in the air, that would be interesting. In either case I would find my way gracefully and politely out of his hands, bending down to pick up my towel before turning to face him straight on. Before speaking I would wipe off a few beads of sweat that fell from my brow.

"Hmm the definition of local tough guy varies.. It would depend if you want the real thing or the fake....But for right now, I believe you're gonna have to deal with what might be this gym's self proclaiming tough guy..."

There was a hint of playfulness within my voice throughout my speech as well as a warning tone towards the end. Since it seemed like the guy was making his way over, this time approaching from behind. Just to avoid any unnecessary accidental hits I took a relatively big step back, still with a smirk on my face.

"By the way, it's Sable Vermillion."
          [/ul][/font]

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
          « Sept 1, 2009 23:55:09 GMT -6 »

OOC: I'm pretty sure that movie is where I unintentionally got that last name. :P

IC:

Pleased that his joke had gone over so well, Pain Killer let himself smile wider, content with the fact that his positioning behind the blonde meant that his expression would go unnoticed. After all, what sort of self-styled badass would he be if he was caught smiling all the time? Nice guys didn't come out on top; hell, they were lucky to even finish, or however the saying went. Pain Killer dismissed the thought, passing it off as unimportant, as he'd never needed to remember cute little sayings and the like.

The sudden release from the bar would catch Adam off guard, somewhat, enough that he wouldn't be able to pluck Sable out of the air effortlessly like a muscular freak. However, his grip on her hips would tighten slightly as she dropped to land on the floor, enough that if she had, in fact, fallen accidentally, then his hands would have provided the stability required to keep her on her feet. Not wanting his grip to overstay it's welcome, Adam would almost hastily release the blonde girl at her indication to do so, letting his left hand rub the back of his neck in an attempt to soothe his slight nervousness.

While the youngest surviving Rydell had fully intended on replying once Sable had finished speaking, he would be forced to cut himself off upon hearing the warning tone, slowly turning on the spot to look towards the two men approaching from behind. Without so much as a word of warning, the angrier of the two whipped his right hand forward, catching the self-proclaimed Pain Killer across the jaw and forcing his right foot to slide backwards in order to keep his balance.

"Don't you ever try to humiliate me like that again! Got it!?"

Scowling, Adam would stare back at the man for a moment, before slowly raising his left hand towards him, fingers outstretched and palm open, letting it come to rest a good foot away from the man's face.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I should've let you read my glove from the beginning."

Confused by the odd statement, the man's brow would furrow in confusion, leaning closer to Pain Killer's hand in order to read these apparent words.

"Huh? There's nothing on your glove..."

"Retard."

Suddenly lunging forward, Pain Killer's palm would slam into the man's nose, his fingers digging into the man's face, the index and ring fingers tearing at his eyes. Pushing forwards, Adam would drive the man back, forcing him to backpedal until the initial aggressor tripped over one of the many benches along the gym floor. The momentum would cause Pain Killer to fall with him, though his weight would drive his hand into the man's face, slamming the back of his head against the gym floor, enough to knock out pretty much anybody not prepared for such a thing. With one dealt with, the youngest surviving Rydell would stand up from the floor, looking towards the other man who hadn't attacked, a cocky smirk on his face.

"You wanna read the glove too?"

Rapidly shaking his head, the other man took a few steps back, much to Pain Killer's amusement. His gaze would travel back to Sable, his expression clearly showing he'd enjoyed this altercation, despite the consequences that were sure to come, the tone he would speak in suggesting he didn't particularly care.

"Looks like I'm this gym's tough guy now, though I bet I'm about to get barred from working out here in the next few minutes."

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Sugar and Spice <3
          « Nov 8, 2009 11:02:33 GMT -6 »

[/color][/ul][/font]