Author Topic: Strongman City (Open Trainer Request) (Read 565 times)
BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

Strongman City (Open Trainer Request)
« Dec 2, 2015 15:46:54 GMT -6 »

Ken was in the tutorial, finishing his morning stretches. His schoolwork complete, he decided to get a workout in before the day started.

He put out a request for a trainer to assist him, but he didn't really know how that worked, so he waited patiently.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:11:03 GMT -6 »

She was waiting for him to notice her, sitting up on top of the equipment. She didn't make a noise, and the only movement he might see was the swing of her leg, idly back and forth, but she still seemed to think he might notice she was there.

Just for good measure, she slipped a pebble out of one pocket and tossed it at him.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:15:47 GMT -6 »

It hit him in the cheek, and he blinked. Looking over at her, his eyebrows went up a little.

"Woah. Hello mama. You my trainer today?"

How was it that this school had so many smokin' hot chicks in it, yet so few guys confident enough to let them know? Good thing BK was there. He was swinging for the fences and had no doubts about his confidence. He grinned and walked over lazily.

"Please tell me we're gonna wrestle...."

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:18:34 GMT -6 via mobile »

She cocked a brow. "You're cute, kid," she said, staying where she was. She braced herself on the equipment and leaned over. What, was he into older women or something? If he made the mistake of not taking her seriously... he was going to regret it.

That thought, at least, brought a smile to her face.

"Your observation needs work. I could have killed you thrice over at this point, and you'd be none the wiser."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:21:50 GMT -6 »

He shrugged.

"Thanks, hot stuff. And you would have tried."

He brought his arms behind his head.

"And whose to say I didn't see you? Maybe I wanted to see what you wanted first?"

Totally didn't see her, but shit she didn't know that, right? It didn't help that she was by the door so when he walked in, his back was to her. But still, he was wary. No telling what this meta could do...assuming she was meta at all.

« Last Edit: Dec 9, 2015 20:21:38 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:24:31 GMT -6 via mobile »

Tried? That drew a deep and dark laugh from her. She shook her head at him. "Your skin might be tough, but you're not invincible, boy."

And just like that, she would disappear from his sight. She wouldn't actually move, at all, but she would seem to fade into the background of the world around her.

Active camouflage. Just to prove a point.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:27:49 GMT -6 »

Ken's brow twitched. 

Okay.

His body would tighten like a coiled snake, but he would still smile."Now that....is badass. You ever use it for....nefarious purposes?"Oh man..talk about girls locker rooms galore!

Still, he wasn't about to be caught off guard. He didn't want her coming up behind him so he would back up to a wall next to the Bo staffs and keep an eye out, attempting to see if she was entirely invisible, or if there might be shimmers of light giving away her position like the predator.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:31:11 GMT -6 via mobile »

Considering she was sitting completely still, and her body was naturally silent, he would have no way of knowing where she was. She tilted her head, something he couldn't see, and waited.

Instinctively, he had backed up towards the Bo staves. Interesting. She pulled another rock out from her pocket, moving slow enough that her Camo would remain, and held it firmly in one hand.

Assuming he wouldn't do anything else, she tossed it at him, giving her a chance to fall backwards off the equipment and land on her feet, silently.

Literally.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:34:30 GMT -6 »

Ken's head snapped to the right, the movement of the rock forcing him to bring up his hand and catch it just before it would have hit. His other hand snatched out and grabbed a staff, twirling it around and swinging it in front of him.

Okay. He was training in stealth today.

Time to even the odds.

He swung the staff back, hitting the switch rather lightly and plunging the pair of them into the dark. Ken was barefoot, thankfully, so his own slow and rather deliberate movements would be very difficult to hear, though not as stealthy as her being he didn't have her training and his weight was far more than her own.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:37:16 GMT -6 via mobile »

Turning off the lights? Wrong move. Her night vision was even better than her day, and in complete darkness, he had no chance of knowing that she was coming.

She shifted her weight and moved, then, making her way along the wall. Any movement he made would have a sound, even a slight one, and her powers prevented her from being heard. Her training only emphasized that fact.

Crouching, she unsheathed one of her blades and threw it, weighted perfectly. No, it wouldn't penetrate, but it would tell her if he was still where he had been.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:40:22 GMT -6 »

Ken had no idea about her sight or training- only that he couldn't see her now. If he knew who she was, he abilities, perhaps he could assess that but right now, all he knew was she could turn invisible. And since he saw nothing from her, it changed nothing for him.

The possible plus was that she might not see him. And there was no downside.

He was still moving along the wall toward her, so the blade would hit and penetrate into the wall to his left, maybe half a foot back. He'd snap his gaze down and reach out, feeling along the blade to grab the handle and pull it from the wall, the handle pressing into the pebble which pressed into his palm.

Might need that.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:44:18 GMT -6 »

Perfect. He went for her knife, and she heard it as it freed from the wall. She made her way towards him, then, another knife in her hand as she closed the distance. That close, she wouldn't be able to miss him.

One hand would come out and slam her palm down into the hilt of her knife, hoping he would drop it, and would bring the other up.

Just to prove her point, she would slash the blade across his neck, expecting it not to do much damage. "Know your enemy," she said, even as she brought the knife down and dropped down to the ground, lifting an arm to reflexively block his staff.

"You make too much noise."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:50:43 GMT -6 »

As her hand hit the hilt of her knife, she would actually find it clenched in a rather tight fist. As she made contact, his staff would whip around, aiming to hit her mid-calf and take her off her feet. His whole body would lower as his legs bent, his head whipping back as he did so expecting a strike to the face but luckily it would likely put him out of range of her throat-slash.

If it hit and/or she backed away and dodged, he would stay like that, grinning.

"Y'know, people tend to think I'm stupid, or brutish simply for my abilities, or the rather direct way I speak. I am neither of those."

He would slowly bring the staff back and forth in front of him as he slid along the wall. His elbow would tap the switch again- revealing her, unless she and the knife were both invisible. Even if they were both invisible, he would feel his heart rate pick up.

"I've never fought someone like you though....your abilities interest me."

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:55:13 GMT -6 »

Dodging was easy enough. He managed to keep the knife in his hand, but when things didn't quite go as she expected, she had backed off, out of range of his staff, and raised her knife. She held it carefully placed and her body lowered, carefully, one leg stretching out to the side. It meant that she could easily keep her balance and, at any moment, move whatever way she needed to.

He flicked on the lights and saw her there, smirking at him. Her black hair had fallen slightly in her face, something she hadn't bothered to prevent in the darkness. "I'm not a defense trainer," she told him. "Actually, I'm not technically a trainer at all. I'm a field agent, through and through."

Without relaxing her posture, she motioned to her body, covered in nearly skin tight clothes made of a fairly flexible material, but easily hiding how armed she was.

"You might have tough skin, but what has that been tested against? Knives, bullets? What about obsidian, or lasers?"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 20:59:20 GMT -6 »

Ken would shrug.

"Never done lasers. But I've been shot, stabbed, burned....fire does hurt, but takes a little while to actually cause damage. But not impossible."

He pulled up his left pant leg to mid-thigh, reveling a sick looking burn that scarred. He would slowly push it back down. He would watch her for a moment.

"I can't deny that you are far more silent than I am. How do you do it? Is...that your ability or was it going invisible...?"

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 9, 2015 21:04:13 GMT -6 »

"They're both powers," she admitted, standing up and placing her hands gently on her hips. She tossed her hair out of her face, still smirking. "But I also have years of training," she said with a glitter in her eye. A few years? Understatement.

She stretched her arms high above her head, then, and showed, purposefully, that there were knives along her belt. There were others, but those, she wouldn't show him. Girls had to keep their secrets.

"I'm intelligence. There's a reason for that."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 12:42:07 GMT -6 »

He would use his shoulders to bounce off the ball, stepping forward and cracking his neck.

"So....stealth, clear weapons training. What's your hand to hand like?"

Rather than wait for her to answer he jumped forward, aiming a right cross for her face. He wouldn't hit her with anywhere near full force, but still hard enough to clean her clock if it hit.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 12:50:34 GMT -6 »

He shouldn't have given her a hint. He launched himself towards her and she slid down, away from him, and had to fight - almost visibly - not to grab her knives. God dammit, Vee, you're blade crazy. Stop it.

She knew that he had thick skin, but even with that, he should be fairly weak to pressure points. She turned to reach out and catch him behind his knee with one hand. Two fingers, actually. She would find the pressure point with well-practiced ease and force her fingers in, harder than she usually would.

Just for good measure.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 12:55:27 GMT -6 »

"AUHHH FUCK-"

As he screamed his right knee would buckle, but as it dropped with rather sudden speed his right arm (which had caught air from her ducking) would bend and his elbow would attempt to come right down on top of her head.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 12:59:15 GMT -6 »

He was big.

She wasn't small, but she was smaller than him.

The moment he screamed, she turned and threw her body to one side, half expecting him to fall... and if he fell, she definitely did not want him to fall on top of her.

She was to his right, and with the leg already weak, she would move to hook her leg around it and pull him to the ground. She always had the advantage on the ground.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 13:07:04 GMT -6 »

As his knee hit and she moved, his arm would instead snatch downward, shifting from the elbow throw to a pure grapple. He would, assuming he caught her, spin around her body and slam down onto his back with her arm up between both of his legs in an armbar.

He wouldn't snap her arm, but instead put a little pressure there. And with her intent to leap to the side a dodge would be difficult.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 13:22:58 GMT -6 »

At least the boy could move.

He managed his little tackle, and it was probably wise that he didn't break her arm. She really, really hated going to see the doctor, and she wouldn't have taken too kindly to that. Rolling her eyes, she wondered how it must feel, knowing she had two knives under each long sleeve. That he could feel.

She twisted her body to try keep pressure off of her joint, and looked over at him. The urge to hit him in the dick was strong.

"How is this helping your observation?" she asked, once more fighting the urge to pull out any of her knives. She leaned slightly, shifting her balance to her toes, and braced herself.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 13:27:57 GMT -6 »

Ken would release her arm and roll backward, coming into a crouch and massaging his knee.

"I want to know what you're made of. But not just you- everyone at this school. Call it...a curiosity."

He would keep an eye on her hands and feet- knowing she had a thousand knives on her body made him grin.

"You got so many blades on your torso, I'd be interested to see just how creative you got hiding them."

He chuckled- man, he was a funny guy.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 13:36:14 GMT -6 »

The second he released her, she rolled her arm back and kept herself in a low crouch, looking him over. "I'm more of the assassin type than the grappling type," she said with a cock of her brow. "You'd be dead in your sleep. I'm not here to train you in that. I can, however, help you and the rest of your friendy-friends be less brutish out on the field."

She stood up, placing her hand slightly behind her, still on her hip. The posture looked natural, nothing to be concerned about, but her fingers found the look of the gun kept at the curve of her back. It was one of the few that she actually kept on her... She much preferred her blades.

In an instant, she had it out and aimed at Ken, one hand gripping the Jericho 9mm. The rounds were her usual self-defense rounds, and not something to be messed with. She knew that she wouldn't do much damage, but at such close range, she hoped to at least spook him.

"Pop quiz," she said, keeping her body lowered. "How many knives do I have on my belt?"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 10, 2015 13:49:00 GMT -6 »

He froze as she whipped out a gun. Barrel and grip, along with the size- nine mm. Not a class of gun he was used to, as far as it's make. He'd taken a bullet at almost point blank range from a nine mm, but it was not just painful- it damaged him. Nearly broke the skin. That shit would hurt.

"I don't know. Six. Maybe more."

Quick Reply