Author Topic: #7 Basement Dwellers (Read 1,967 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:28:07 GMT -6 »

He covers the geno that was on him in a little "bowl" of darkness, just to make sure it doesn't get up. Then he tries to shift the wall of darkness so Sarah and Eric are covered, protected, but he can see more of what's going on!

If that means he can see the geno on Fred, he shoots at it.

Fredegund Morency
Agent
Intelligence

Fredegund Morency Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:35:28 GMT -6 »

In a moment, she felt like she was plunged into a dream, unsure of whether her actions and thoughts were hers.

Gun was in her hands. There was a wall made of shadows. Light should pierce it.

Something didn't feel right. Her eyes burned with tears. Hands shaking, she felt afraid... She had to kill. She had to. She took aim at Aaron first, and changed Gun's setting. If he's gone, the other should be easier to deal with.

She fires.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:36:04 GMT -6 »

Eric felt like he was burning up and the mucus and pus dripping from the wound was getting worse. Everything happening around him felt like it was happening far off. Sarah's words echoing in the distance as his eyes tried to stay focused. The word Captain struck a chord in him, and he went to say something, but another coughing fit overtook him, more black mucus falling to the ground in front of him and speckling his hands.

With a groan of effort he'd lift up a hand to rip open a portal in front of Fred's gun as she fires. Intending the redirect the shot into her Geno with what strength he still had.

« Last Edit: Jan 7, 2016 23:36:25 GMT -6 by Eric Phillips » Back to Top  

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:38:10 GMT -6 »

"Oh.... oh Fred... now we're talking."

Gun would quiver with excitement if it was capable of doing so on its own, even as its switch is flipped. Then...

Finally.

It fires.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:38:13 GMT -6 »

"Captain, stop," she whispered, moving to try and hold him against her. She had already called for help but she hadn't gotten a response, and at this point, the tears came whether she wanted them to or not.

"Come on, Captain. Please. Get out. Get us out of here, okay?"

Crying softly, she'd start singing a song, the only thing she could think of in that moment. Her voice cracked as she tried to brush his hair from his face.

Please, please don't die.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:40:18 GMT -6 »

Aaron doesn't, as its clinging to her back this time rather than sitting on the shoulder! He's only also allowed one action per post Kyle, jeez!

Sarah is very concerned for Eric!

Eric redirects the blast and saves Aaron from certain death! As its redirected for the geno, he might not have notice Fred flip the switch to the lethal setting as the shot would go through the geno...and her back.

Geum Jan Di
Mentor
Defense

Geum Jan Di Avatar

But that requires effort...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:45:53 GMT -6 »

Jan Di runs down, her eyes going wide as she sees the little girl struck with a beam through a portal.

And everyone's injured and this is pretty bad.

"Everyone who can still move, let's go." she says, running towards Fred since someone's already with Eric. She'd pick her up and start heading out to the jeep, trying to figure out what the extent of the injury was.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:48:26 GMT -6 »

Sarah doesn't move, staying with Eric and crying, her entire body shaking from the pain. She just kept singing to him until the song was over.

"Captain... Captain, please? Don't... don't die. You can't... take this to the grave. Just stay awake. Stay with me, okay?"

That song. The song she sang before. Maybe that would do better. She began to sing that, instead, trying desperately to get him to pay attention to her, to stay awake.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:48:52 GMT -6 »

"KID!"

She'd had him dead to rights. When he moved the shadows and didn't see the geno, but stared down the barrel of an Imperial rifle, he'd frozen. He didn't even notice Sarah trying to stop Eric from saving his life.

So there he was, stepping out of the line of fire, watching helplessly as the beam tore through the geno, and that kid's back. The kid whose name he didn't even know. Once the beam flew past he was moving, trying to catch her but then Jan Di is there, taking her.

Heart pounding, he looks around, sees Sarah and Eric as the shadows fall, except for the ones pinning the geno that'd attacked him. Somewhere, jealousy grips his heart. The influence of that geno, that wanted Eric dead? Who knows. He heads over to them, at Jan Di's words, the firm command.

"Sarah, get to the jeep. I'm strong enough to get Eric out of here, and I've got one of those... things."

He'll float the shadows holding his geno up, and try to put a platform of darkness under Eric to move him!

« Last Edit: Jan 7, 2016 23:50:31 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:49:52 GMT -6 »

Fred gets a hole punched right through her, a little bigger than a quarter! There's no bleeding, however, as the beam has cauterized the wound completely.

"F-Fred?"

Gun actually sounds horrified.

"Fred?! No, no no no, not you! I didn't want to shoot you!"

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:50:09 GMT -6 »

He felt drained and tired. He was burning up and his vision was fading as he fought to not pass out. Clinging to consciousness but otherwise not responding to Sarah or anything going on as the portals sealed up.

Mikeal Kender
Student
Defense

Mikeal Kender Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:50:45 GMT -6 »

Mikeal came in right after Jan Di already picking up on vibrations. He would listen to the sounds of the people around him trying to figure out if there were any non-friendlies around. If there weren't he would quickly throw the gun over his shoulder and immediately start helping anyone he could!

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:53:25 GMT -6 »

No more combatants!

((End action! People are free to collect themselves and return!))

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:54:23 GMT -6 »

"GET OFF!" she screamed at Aaron, irrational from the pain and the fear. She threw up her injured arm, but that only served to send pain shuddering through her entire body and she hunched over the mostly unconscious Eric. She was sobbing openly, now.

"Don't you fucking die, Captain. Don't die, you hear me?" she said through her tears. Her hands searched until she found the rough end of the stinger, and her heart almost stopped. "No," she demanded, and her voice broke. "NO! FUCK!" What did she do? Did she pull it out or leave it in? She couldn't decide, so she just froze.

Geum Jan Di
Mentor
Defense

Geum Jan Di Avatar

But that requires effort...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:56:02 GMT -6 »

With the wound not bleeding, there was little Jan Di could do herself. If anything it was better this way, but they needed to hurry back.

She would place Fred gently into the jeep, looking back and annoyance.

What was taking everyone so long?

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:57:14 GMT -6 »

"Sarah!"

He wasn't on her, or doing anything, the platform was just under Eric so they could get him to safety.

...But what's this? Why is it flickering? Why is he thinking about stuff that makes no sense?

He just stares at her.

"You're hurt. I'm not. I'm strong enough to get him out of here and to the doctor; you need help for your arm, okay love? I've got him, he'll... he'll be okay."

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016 2:27:18 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Fredegund Morency
Agent
Intelligence

Fredegund Morency Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:58:12 GMT -6 »

And like that, her actions felt like her own again. But something felt wrong. Missing.

What just happened? She heard Gun calling out for her. That's strange. SHE was the one holding Gun. How could Gun...

She fell, and all she could feel was pain. Fear. Confusion. It was hard to breathe. It was hot. Parts of her felt numb.

It was all too much to bear.

She closed her eyes, unaware that she was getting picked up. She hoped her trusty Gun was with her. She promised to take care of it.

Black.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 7, 2016 23:59:54 GMT -6 »

There was no logic for the little blonde girl as she just sat there, fingers wrapped around the stinger, trying to think of what to do. She had to do something. Help? Did... was there help? Somebody to help them?

Her eyes were a flat, cloudy grey, a color they hadn't been since... it.

Instinct kicked in and her body seemed to melt into a state she was... all too familiar with. She tilted her head to one side in a tumble of hair. He had given her... a directive. It wasn't quite an order, but...

"Sir."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:03:43 GMT -6 »

What? Why was she looking at him like that? Didn't she know who she's talking to?

The platform flickers, and he fights to keep hold of it, to not drop Eric.

"Sarah, don't look at me like that. It's gonna be okay, let's just get home, all right? I'll make sure Eric gets taken care of."

"I have no interest in doing anything, with anyone else, when I'm in a relationship..."

He shudders. What was he thinking? No, this was just concern for a friend, it had to be. He tried to smile, give her one of those sunny smiles she loved so much.

"I've got this. Go take care of yourself, okay?"

He would float the platform, and the geno's little cage, out of there, but he'd still be watching Sarah. Hoping what the hollowness in his gut was saying isn't true, that it's just something the cat thing put in his brain.

Mikeal Kender
Student
Defense

Mikeal Kender Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:08:45 GMT -6 »

Mikeal walked over very carefully.

"She isn't hearing you anymore kid. She's going through a silent panic attack. My... well I've had experience with these. There's nothing you can say that will make sense to her right now."

But she needed to move... well he would do what worked on his father when he entered that mode. Orders. Mikeal turned to Sarah.

"Hey! On your feet this instant!"

He would wait to see if this worked. If so he would continue.

"Now turn around and get into the jeep, once there you don't do anything until I say!"

He felt horrible for doing this again. He hated giving orders, especially to this girl here, she looked so fragile...

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:11:29 GMT -6 »

As Aaron continued to speak to her, she just stared at him, waiting for her orders like she had been trained to. There was just... silence. Nothingness. Her entire body was completely relaxed.

Then, suddenly, there was an order. She didn't recognize the voice, but she didn't need to. Her feet shifted underneath her and she stood immediately, upright, as if in no pain. She was tilted her head again and turned those flat, emotionless eyes to the man who spoke to her.

Turn around. She did. She didn't know where the jeep was, but she moved as if she did.

"Sir."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:20:34 GMT -6 »

Panic attack? And that looks like Puppet Mode.

...Some part of him resents the idea of her panicking over any man that isn't him, but that's not reasonable. But this? She didn't act like this when he had been hurt.

But Eric needs him. And the kid... hopefully they could still do something.

He brings up the shadow platform and the little ball the cat thing is trapped in, and will lead Sarah and the others to the jeep!

Mikeal Kender
Student
Defense

Mikeal Kender Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:22:35 GMT -6 »

Mikeal also followed to the jeep, only speaking to give the girl orders on where to go as needed.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:26:48 GMT -6 »

Silently, Puppet followed her directions.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

#7 Basement Dwellers
« Jan 8, 2016 0:27:11 GMT -6 »

"Hey, I've got it."

He'd seen Puppet Mode before. Ordering her around isn't going to do anything. He looks over at her, and tries to smile, to let his voice break through the panic.

"Just follow me, okay? We're all going home."

...Yeah. All of them. That kid had to be okay. He would lead her, guiding her, not ordering her. Because all drill sergeanting her around is going to do, is make Puppet stay.

Quick Reply