Author Topic: West Coast Adjustment (open) (Read 270 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

West Coast Adjustment (open)
« Aug 2, 2009 18:53:40 GMT -6 »

"SHIT!"

A large dark figure burst out of the busses regularly going through the collective. The figure bolted past the gates to the John C. Fremont High School. The long black hair flew past his face, and his long trench coat flew about two feet behind him.

Roth had grown up in the East Coast. Spent the good part of his life over in Boston, and then two years in Philly. After that he went too many places to keep track of anything. Unfortunately for him somewhere along the line last night his alarm clock was reset. Without thinking he set it to the EST time setting along with the alarm. In short: he was three hours late.

The Irish brawler sprinted past the school courtyard. He looked up at the large bronze statue of John Fremont. He knew he'd end up sitting on his shoulder again during his free period today. Thats always where he ended up. Just sitting there and thinking. Watch the clouds and sun dance in the sky. It was peaceful.

Roth ran straight through the doors of the school. For once he knew where he was going. First a left down there, a right through the hall, up the stairs, up another flight, up another flight, last flight of stairs. Look both ways, go right, turn left, shit, take another right...

*BAAMMM!!!*

The large wrestler tackled something, or someone in his path. He wasn't sure who or what and only hoped they were friendly, and un hurt. The large Boston native backed up a bit and readied himself to help the victim if needed.

"Shit, sorry! You alright?"

« Last Edit: Aug 2, 2009 18:55:32 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

notawhorebot

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 18:49:32 GMT -6 »

It was just another ordinary day for Gwyn. There were boys to chat up, texts to be sent, rules to break, and homework to collect from nerdy freshmen. The sophomore was currently at her locker, checking up on her make up and grabbing her books for Geography class which would start in about two minutes.

She applied a layer of sparkly clear lipgloss, smirking at her reflection in the mini mirror before pocketing the lipgloss and closing her locker door with a sharp click. Yes, today was already looking like a good day.

That is, until a wall hit her out of nowhere.

BAM!

The petite girl was flattened, books and cellphone scattering across the floor. Dazed for a moment, she held her head, waiting for the hall to stop spinning as she flailed, sitting upright.

"Shit, sorry! You alright?"

"What the hell.."

She exclaimed out of reflex, looking up at a tall boy with long dark hair. Fucking oaf He seemed apologetic, though a displeased frown graced the girl's face as she squinted up at him, willing the pounding in her head to go away. Walk much?!

"I'm fine."

She grumbled, rubbing her head.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 19:03:40 GMT -6 »

With a quick bending of his knees Roth outstretched his arm for her to grab and hoist herself up. He was surprised by her stamina for such a small girl. Usually anyone who took his full force would be in a comma right now. Then again he would be trying.

"You sure you okay. I didn't see you there."

The large trench coated man would stay with his arm ready to help the poor girl up. She was younger than him, by at least two years. Her hair was unnaturally colored and two shiny piercings went through her lips.

The sound of the bell rang through the halls. Roth missed his mark, and now so had this girl. Once she was on her feet he would now go about collecting her spilled books, papers, and the occasional electronic.

"Well I guess it doesn't matter if I'm late now."

A small silent sigh came over him as he handed everything he could get to the girl. A friendly smile appeared on his face as he out stretched his hand again. This time as a greeting.

"I'm Roth, and I'm really sorry about taking you out like that."

notawhorebot

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 19:59:07 GMT -6 »

She allowed him to hoist her to her feet. Not because she was a female; weak, defenseless, and a damsel in distress. But because he owed it to her, it was the least he could do for using her as a bowling pin. Once she was back on her feet, she dusted her uniform skirt off and righted herself about. She had a bit of a scrape on her elbow, but otherwise she was fine enough.

"All this because you were late? I wouldn't peg you for the book worm type."

She gathered up the books and papers he missed, organizing them in her arms and waiting for him to give her her things. If this was some sort of upperclassman trick, and he were to try and run off, she would most certainly pursuit and attempt to kick his ass.

But it seemed he was sticking around after all, and with introductions. Of course, that's what you always do when you knock over a girl you don't know out of nowhere.

My name is Gwendolyn. Don't worry, happens all the time."

Not.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 20:11:58 GMT -6 »

"Gwen, eh. Cool. I'm still sorry I collided into ya. Ended up waking up 3 hours late and trying to catch the bell. It only counts if ya get there on time, if ya miss the bell you may as well not go."

Roth took a good look at his new friend. She wore the complete uniform, but her face told a different story. She looked rebellious and anti-establishment, yet there was something else about her.

"So, I'm free for the next hour or so. Anything you want me to do for ya? After all I owe ya pretty big after that."

The same friendly smile kept on his face. He would really do anything she told him to at this point. Missed the counting bell, and had an hours to spare. As long as it didn't involve hurting anyone for no reason. The was the good guy after all.

notawhorebot

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 4, 2009 15:18:01 GMT -6 »

Gwyn smiled her cheery red lips. He may be a big oaf but he had manners, that certainly earned a few bonus points. She gathered her books in her arms, taking his offer into consideration as she opened her locker once more and placed her books back in.

"I guess I won't be needing these then."

Gwyn wasn't above skipping class, and when you have a boy practically offering to do anything for you...you can't just turn that down. She closed her locker and turned back to him with a smile as she slipped her cellphone into the pocket of her skirt.

"I believe there's a smoothie in the shop down the street with my name on it. What do you say?"

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 4, 2009 18:00:27 GMT -6 »

If there was one word to describe Roth without taking in his physical stature, or ability to fight, it would be stupid. He did good in school when he made it to class, but common sense and thinking before acting weren't his strong points. He was also a tad cheesy.

"Your wish is my command. Although, you'll have to lead the way."

The warm friendly smile stayed the same as he readied himself to follow her. A free smoothie was worth getting toppled over? Maybe. If Roth had gotten toppled over, which is highly unlikely, he...hwe wouldn't know what would happen. It always depended on both parties, and the mood they were in. Luckily this Gwen girl had a good vibe to her.