Author Topic: Aux armes, citoyens! (Savaak) (Read 425 times)
Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!

[send pm]

Aux armes, citoyens! (Savaak)
« Feb 16, 2016 23:50:20 GMT -6 »

On days like these, with so much tension in the air, any noise carries pretty far. Especially when that noise is a huge man sitting at the fountain, surveying the battle-scarred campus around him with a bottle of wine held high and belting out French war songs!

Lucien is enjoying himself while he can, his focus aside from himself being on putting people through their paces and making sure they're all ready for what's coming. Soon there won't be time for music, time for fun, time for anything but the battle ahead of him. His thirst for wine will have to become a thirst for blood.

For the Fatherland!

Just let me off the leash

(Language key:

Normal colour = English/phrases in French and Italian I already know
Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 16, 2016 23:57:38 GMT -6 »

Savaak's been taking in the changes to the campus the paste few minutes as she begins makeing her way back from a small shopping spree off campus. Just a few things to send out to her family, since her next trip to Europe, like the last, isn't exactly going to be for a leisurely tour.

The announcement changed everything for almost everyone. The shift in attitude was the most tangible, making Paradigm nearly unbearable after a while with all the tension. People were preparing, and she woudl be too...

As soon as she escaped the riot of a song that tore through campus. Coming in the front gates, she can't miss the sight of Lucien at the fountain, though she's not sure how much wine it woudl take for him to be less than at his best. Apparently not enough yet.

Maybe it would be best if she just tried to slip by, considering their last encounter.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 0:04:36 GMT -6 »

Not nearly enough! Ahahahahahahaha!

The laugh was literal, as he finishes off a verse with a long swig from the bottle and a hearty belly-chuckle. Ah, to let out some of the tension the fun way! Well, one of the fun ways! Everyone was so solemn, so morose, and he understands why but his heart needs to soar!

Besides, it's his chance to rip and tear through the enemy, all the way to Paris. Maybe even his beloved Honfleur. But it's not long before he turns round and spots Savaak, looking her in the eye for a moment before blinking with recognition! He'd met her, he'd been her.

That was an... interesting afternoon. He'd been very respectful with her body until he could get back into his own!

Not the strangest thing that had ever happened to him in Paradigm.

"Oh, hello!"

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 0:20:01 GMT -6 »

One tries one's best.

"Hello!" Savaak smiles in response to the greeting, glad to be back in her own body, raising a hand as she approaches. As...unusual as it had been to have little Dain romping around in her body, it had been even stranger to know Lucien had, as well. Oddly enough, the kid's cheek and sense of fun made her like him all the more.

Lucien, however, tended to end up on her 'weird encounter' radar. Hopefully this time would be different.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 0:29:36 GMT -6 »

It had been less romping, more feeling very confused and trying not to do anything weird! Even though he's seen weirder, suddenly being Savaak had definitely made the list. He'd rather know her than pilot her body.

Her smile got a broad grin from him in return, though, and a cheerful wave with the hand holding his wine bottle. Someone else not moping around!

"You seem in good spirits."

That's a good thing!

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 0:35:18 GMT -6 »

Looks like he was in good spirits. Savaak approaches at a nonchalant pace and nods as she chuckles.

"I suppose so. I try, anyway." Not many people around here were, and even before the announcement, she'd been looking for some fun. In the end, she'd made her own.

"You seem to be, as well."

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 0:41:41 GMT -6 »

Oh, if it's fun she wants...

"Yes, and I'm glad I'm not alone! So many here are acting like the war is already lost. If that's the attitude they enter the fight with, it will be."

A lot of people are going to die. He knows that. Many of the people in the Academy were no doubt wondering if their number is coming up out there. Not all of them would come home.

It's not impossible that Lucien doesn't come home. But that doesn't bear thinking about or mentioning. He watches her approach, still grinning, and shifts over in case she feels like taking a seat! No worries if not though.

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 1:00:33 GMT -6 »

"I can't say I blame them." She shrugs, her tone still light, but doesn't sit. Rather, she stands next to the fountain, a couple of bags hanging from her arm.

"It's war. Not every has that sort of experience, or much of it. Now it's being put to the test in ways we're not used to." Savaak's not unaware of the possibilty of her own death, but she likes to think she'll come back.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 1:08:18 GMT -6 »

Lucien meets her refusal to sit with a shrug, content to let her stand if she wants! After a moment, he stands too, to be a gentleman!

"I can't blame them either. Not everyone has spent their whole lives preparing for this moment."

Hell, he's been to Europe, he's fought these bastards. He has that up on a lot of people in the Academy.

"All I know is the atmosphere in there is suffocating. Everyone's acting like they're already at their own funeral, and I know from experience you can't bring that into the field! You need to go into a fight thinking 'I can win'."

Not everyone has that experience, and no amount of positive thinking is going to change the fact that some people are not coming home. A lot of people aren't, and all they can hope for is as many of their guys come home, and as few of the Imperials go home, as possible. He's admittedly trying to distract from that a little.

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016 1:08:42 GMT -6 by Lucien Marais » Back to Top  

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 13:44:31 GMT -6 »

"What would you have them do, instead?" She continues to tilt her head to the side!

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 13:46:42 GMT -6 »

"Prepare, take the threat seriously, but fill their hearts with courage! Go out there confident, and get some happiness while they can, so their memories of this place aren't filled with fear!"

To Lucien, it really didn't seem that hard.

"I am sick of people acting like the Empire is invincible, and we have to spend every moment of our lives trembling in fear of them. It's time for THEM to fear US!"

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 16:33:18 GMT -6 »

Savaak blinks, letting him speak his peace.

"I can't say I've seen any but maybe one or two who are that down about going to war. Most people seem fine with it."

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 18:44:25 GMT -6 »

Hrm. He doesn't bother arguing, not willing to harsh the good mood he's in right now.

"And how do you feel about it?"

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 19:07:11 GMT -6 »

Better take another drink then.

Savaak offers him a smile and shakes her head. "We're going to war. If you didn't think it was possible, then why join?" Not that everyone was going, but history proved that wars were always messy.

"I'm ready to do whatever I need to in order to come home with as many of our allies as possible."

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 19:51:18 GMT -6 »

"I agree!"

Another drink it is, and then he's beaming at her again.

"I'm glad you have that attitude. I've wanted this fight since I was a small boy. My people are slaves right now, freeing them is the entire reason I'm alive and now the day has arrived. I'll put all my strength into the task, and bringing as many of you back home at the end as I can."

Despite the quiet, almost serious tone, he's still got a huge grin.

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 23:06:32 GMT -6 »

Savaak's smile lifts a little at his enthusiasm. As many back as they can. At least he's realistic about it, though it sounds as though he intends to take everything on single-handedly, or at least lead the fray. Maybe he would. A lifetime of dreaming could do a lot of things to someone.

"I'm sure we'll be in good hands."

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 23:16:59 GMT -6 »

She has no idea. At his highest level he's a living tank, born to lead the charge! He doesn't plan to win the war single handedly, but he does plan to smash the enemy to pieces and remind them France will never die as long as people hold the fatherland in their hearts. Jumping right into the fray is his speciality, and when he arrived on the field of battle those vermin would know FEAR.

"Oh, some of the best," he shoots back, giving her a wink that's about as subtle as a howitzer. He'd offer her some wine, but he doesn't have any glasses on hand, just the bottle!

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)

Quick Reply