Author Topic: A New Kingdom (2nd Session) [Open to all] (Read 237 times)
shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A New Kingdom (2nd Session) [Open to all]
« Aug 2, 2009 21:46:00 GMT -6 »

(Refer to A New Kingdom for information about how Ryorin first came here.

You can be fighting Ryorin, a spectator, someone who wagered money, it doesn't matter. Just trying to get this started since Gil left and he was a part of the first one. Also, the tournament listed here probably won't be real unless people want it to be real since there's so many tournaments going on now. If it doesn't turn out to be fully PC's, it will probably be done with one or two PC's with the rest being NPC's, or NPC's altogether.)

"Do you hae any plans?"

"Plans, I have. The ability to do them while making sure that money is regulated without all parties gaining something out of it is something I don't have. I have had quite a few ideas, both spawning from patrons and myself, and while they certainly are good, money regulation is a bit of a problem. A tournament for example. We have fighters fight in a tournament, where the patron make a bet each round. The more the patrons guess right on who will be victorious, the more money that's lent out. A multiplicative tournament. It certainly is interesting, but money in the big problem there."

"So, money is the problem, huh? There's an easy way around that. What if I could tell you I might be able to get that idea working?"

"Really? Indulge me."

"No right now. It would have to be later on tonight whether I could tell you my idea. I'll have to wait and see the results after tonight."

"After tonight? You have something planned?"

"Gustav, perhaps I could indulge you in a proposition. If my idea works tonight, I'll give you more specifics on that idea. When and if the tournament works, give me leadership of this place for a month and I'll promise you this place will be rolling and not just in dough."

"One month?! You've got to be kidding. After the tournament. Only then, will I decide."

"Oh, and what's to say that you won't just use my ideas just to your own advantage?

"Does it matter? Aren't you in this for the whole and not yourself?

"Yes, this is for the whole, but it the people don't like their kingdom, they can always overthrow the king and apoint a new leader."

"If I didn't know how you were, I'd say that was a threat. You have no confidence that I'll be able to continue along after the tournament?"

"Maybe...maybe not. That's for the patrons to decide."

"And what idea did you have for tonight?"

"Simple...I'm fighting tonight."

That was it before Ryorin exitted the office. The word had quickly gone out that Ryorin, the Bronze Dragon, their 'Queen' was to fight that night. There was a great turnout and the minimum bets had quickly been raised, the patrons eager to see their Queen in action. Eager to witness why she was the queen back in New York other than why she was here in San Diego, eager to see what martial expertise that Ryorin had, or even eager to she a beautiful eighteen year old Chinese girl kick some ass or be ravaged by the opponent. You never knew with these people sometimes. Either way, the fact was that this was certainly going to be a good night.

Ryorin sat down in a private room for her, getting herself dressed in some fighting clothes. She could overhear the crowd of people so far away. It certainly seemed like her ideas were beginning in full swing. Only time would tell how sucessful it would be.
    [/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Aug 2, 2009 21:46:20 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
    godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 4, 2009 19:21:05 GMT -6 »

All this fighting. Godlike was quite surprised by his own hunger for fighting in tournaments or other arranged matches. The savagery of fighting on the street didn't appeal much to him. But this, this was how real men tested themselves, in a one-on-one fight. He was hooked at the concept. Besides, he needed something to pass the time with now that he didn't have his friends to hang out with. And he out-right refused to be stuck behind the computer screen half a day at a time. He had been there once and he didn't want to go back to that life.

Godlike had already entered the ring. He had no idea who his opponent was, but he knew he would and could give said person a fight worth watching. Godlike wore a pair of black shorts with the word elite going down the thigh. To cover his impressive Greek god figure, he wore a simple black t-shirt that was quite tight. His muscles were clearly visible. As he stood there in the middle of the ring, hands taped and ready for the fight.

He could only wait for his opponent to arrive.

« Last Edit: Aug 4, 2009 19:21:43 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
    shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 5, 2009 0:49:05 GMT -6 »

Gustav's voice came over a small intercom from inside her room. Ryorin could only laugh as she slipped on the last of her clothes.

"The chances of that happening are quite slim. Most of the fighters that fight here, while they are good, would probably not be able to stand up to me and the few who might be able to from what I've seen made many mistakes that would cost them the match. Stop worrying so much Gustav. It's not like I haven't done this before."

Gustav didn't speak again and it was only a minute later before Ryorin exitted her room, heading towards the ring. She could already hear the roars. They knew change was coming if she was fighting. That's was they wanted. They wanted something new and exciting. Something that could keep them on the edge of their seats while also making a profit.

Ryorin took a single step into the ring and the roar got even louder. If Ryorin didn't know any better the crowd would've probably started a chant. This wasn't the time for chanting. She wasn't dressed to impress either, dressed in a simple white fighting garb. Ryorin took a small look at her opponent before straightening her wrist-cuffs and spoke to herself.

"And Gustav was worried I was going to make a fool of myself."

People who looked and dressed like her opponent here were usually chumps. While they probably work out, when it came to fighting and skill they usually weren't all that much. That isn't to say they all are, but you rarely see them, not to mention most of them believe it's above them to fight in a place like this.

"I hope you have more to you than just looks, otherwise this probably won't last long."

She meant it. She was in the perfect mood and groove to fight and there would be no playing around or mistake. She would give the patrons a show, but she'd show them why she is who she is and show them she's not playing around.
      [/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Aug 5, 2009 0:50:04 GMT -6 by shu » Back to Top  
      godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 6, 2009 18:28:33 GMT -6 »

Godlike had asked around prior to his match. Found out who the big shots were and who to be careful of. The name he could hear in the crowd as his opponent entered the ring, was one of those names. Shu Ryorin. While they didn't give him a decription of her fighting style, they did mention that he would have to be careful should he be unlucky enough to face the girl. Godlike had been so unlucky. He figured that he would just have to see what the best of this ring had to show first hand. And while Godlike was focused on the match, parts of him was also focused on the clothing the girl wore. To be honest, he found it quite distracting.

I know where I will punch... Godlike thought with a minor smirk on his lips, but the girl, didn't seem that playful. Her attitude made Godlike snap out of his teenage mind. She seemed quite certain of herself. That she could beat him. Well. Only one way to prove her wrong.

"Judging from the crowd, you got more than your looks." - This will be quite the test.

Godlike stepped forward, as his right leg touched the ground, he entered the range where he could strike her with his punches, and she couldn't strike him with hers. Godlike's right arm swung out, starting with a simple slap to her cheek wouldn't be very damaging, but it would be painful. Should, the strike not be a feign.